main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Lou, KY Derby City Comic Con

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by BulbousFreak, Jul 7, 2011.

1. BulbousFreak

BulbousFreak Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2007
    Anyone going to this one? Saturday, July 16th, 10 AM - 5 PM at the Kentucky International Convention Center (downtown).

http://www.derbycitycomiccon.com/index.html

2. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    I'd like to, but with Fandom/FrightFest coming up, I'm diverting all my energy and funds to that one. I hope lots of you can make Fandom Fest. Both Jeremy Bulloch "and" Daniel Logan are going to be there. .. "Both Boba Fetts"! [face_dancing]

3. BulbousFreak

BulbousFreak Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2007
    They should battle it out with real jetpacks and rockets for Boba supremacy.

4. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    I have to work but wasn't planning on going anyway...it lloks like it's more of a comic/trade show than a true "Con". Are you going? Scout it out for us and report back.

5. Relin

Relin Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2010
    I went to this for about two hours. Like Mika said, it's basically a trade show. There was a few people in costume (unfortunately, I didn't think to bring a camera). I bought a few things including a Sith omnibus. It was okay to spend a couple of hours at but nothing I would change any plans to go to.

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for giving us the scoop!

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Looks like this one is returning this year...June 30th. One problem, that's the same weekend as Fright Night Film Fest. I wonder who staked out that weekend first. Bad planning on someone's part though.