main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 37X Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  2. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    Doesn't "un-rape" a woman? What Live Action president Lila Rose fails to mention is that 31 states have rapist
    parental rights laws, which grant rapists visitation privileges (among other things) with the child their rape produced.
    As I understand it, rape victims cannot receive public assistance for child care unless they agree to this situation.

Can you imagine a woman being drawn into a position where she is forced to maintain a relationship, on any level,
    with the individual who sexually assaulted her? Can you fathom the look on her face when her child returns from a
    rapist parental rights visit and tells her, "Daddy says, 'Hi'."

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    UN-RAPE IS NOT A WORD:mad:

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Just who in the hell is this person refuting? Who has made the argument that abortion does erase a rape from having ever happened? Who has this person heard arguing that abortion is a time machine?

5. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

this is a really good post and i thank you for it

also "live action"? sounds like a parody name for an anti-abortion group

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I am just stunned with this idea that rapists have visitation rights. Who in the hell thinks like this? The United States cliams to be the #1 country in the world. My hypothesis is that th eonly reason we can make that claim is because we have the most powerful military. Otherwise...31 states? We kinda suck sometimes.

7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    This is what the GOP calls a "jobs" bill or an "anti poverty bill".

• It gives businesses the right to receive federal highway and transit funding without having to comply with emission regulations associated with the project.
    • Businesses are exempt from the regulations of the Clean Air Act.
    • The EPA has no authority to intervene and/or revise permitting decisions throughout the state.
    • Businesses are exempt from permitting requirements.
    • Exemption from emission offsets. If they have a high rate of emission from one business, the region is not required to lower emissions in other areas to offset the pollution.
    • Eliminates regulatory and paperwork burdens.
    • While capital gains are already taxed at a lower rate than regular income, this bill completely eliminates capital gains tax for the top 1 %.
    • Restrictions on protected wilderness, national heritage sites, wild and scenic rivers are waived for development.
    • It will exempt municipalities from EPA water pollution regulations from storm drainage and sewer systems.
    • It will suspend the Davis-Bacon Act of 1931 prevailing wage work requirements. This means they are exempt from the required wage and benefit requirements.
      Think about unscrupulous business behaviors under such exemptions. I can give a recent example. Just last week, 300,000 West Virginia residents suffered (and continue to suffer) from a toxic spill caused by Freedom Industries, a company that was legally exempt from EPA regulations. The company had not been inspected since 1991.
    You can read it here
    Let's limit the EPA and call it a jobs bill. Lol. Ok then.

8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    No such thing as homosexuals

Ok so, there is no such thing as gays, just straight people who act gay to cause harm to kids? They don't like reality so they "attack", by this she means be gay which is of course be a pedophile?

8-}

9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Ok now the homophobes are really reaching to cartoonish lengths.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I sometimes excalim that I just don't get it. But it only takes a minute to list off the nonsense.

1. They want no birth control because they need women pregant.
    2. The need women to make babies because they need more voters and lil minds to indoctrinate into anti science education since dumbed down people are easier to control.
    3. Women being constantly knocked up keeps them busy with raising kids and not seeking the jobs and power that men have.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeppers.

13. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

It's something you tell yourselves, along with notions that you're special, your founding was magical and that it was the right idea to cede from the crown. Frank truth is you're a desperately unequal nation that sits shoulder to shoulder with the most repellent places on earth in the "we execute our citizens because we're scum" club.

14. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    It's been a while since we've had some Kirk Cameron derp:

"Theologian" actor Kirk Cameron had some lovely parenting advice posted for us on his blog yesterday. In a post he promoted by Jay Younts at Shepherd Press, he encourages parents to stop giving explanations to kids, and instead teach them to blindly obey. The piece says, in part:

“God has not called parents to explain but to train. Explanations often lead to frustration and anger for both parents and children. Children are not in need of lengthy, compelling explanations. What they are in need of is the understanding that God must be obeyed.”

The post goes on to warn parents who help their kids understand the why behind making good choices:

“Explanations tend to focus on getting someone to agree with you. The logic for explanations runs something like this: If I can just get my children to understand the reason for my direction, then they will be more likely to follow my instruction. While this may sound like solid reasoning, it is not. Explanations are more consistent with gaining approval and winning arguments. Neither of these are appropriate goals for biblical parenting and can lead to anger in your children as Ephesians warns against.”

VadersLaMent likes this.
  15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    That is so doubly bassakwards.

Not only is "don't explain just obey" the actual stress it's the entire idea of dumbing down people while you have them young that just makes me cringe. Not to mention "don't explaina and just obey" a fictional being.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I try to avoid the Kirk Cameron derp, if only because I'd like to keep my childhood memories of Growing Pains intact. *headdesk*

VadersLaMent: not to mention the "blindly obey" deal makes kids even more likely to rebel against their parents as they grow up and start thinking on their own.

17. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    this is ****** up. i just.. wow

18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I want just one of these nutcases to explain to me why all these people are pretending to be gay when they're really straight. I mean, I'm straight. I have no interest in living a gay life. Why on earth would anyone that was straight just decide to pretend to be gay? So, all these people are having gay sex when they really want to have straight sex? Yeah, that seems really plausible. Because straight people would totally just do that.

19. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007

[​IMG]

20. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I found this video in a Senate post this afternoon, and was so bored I actually watched it. It is by far the derpiest thing I have seen in years. The crux of the speaker's argument lies in sleight-of-hand with a homophone. According to him, liberals are so afraid of being accused of discrimination (bigotry, prejudice) that they no longer have any discrimination (standards, taste, moral strength). He says that liberals are so obsessed with equality that they believe everything is equal--that is, evil equals good, up equals down, black equals white, and ****, presumably, equals Shinola. I am not making this up.

What's really tacky is that he takes the language of the Civil Rights struggle--"discrimination," "equality," and metaphorically pees all over it, both tainting it and claiming it for his own. Discrimination is now good, and equality is bad. Keep that in mind, and next time you read a New York Times op ed, you'll see the writer's true intentions revealed!!

The guy is too canny to take the issue of explicitly racial discrimination head on--the topic might make his "post-racial" and "color-blind" audience uncomfortable. Rather, he demeans the subject by ignoring it. As if it were possible to have a sane discussion about equality and politics in America without bringing up the very thing that put the word "equality" on everybody's lips. He can't quite avoid tipping his hand a little, though. He rather bizarrely implies that George Washington's memory is being eroded out of liberal spite, because Washington was a white Christian male. Now we know who the real victims of racial intolerance are! It's the white guys! Let's have a moment of silence for diminished privilege.

Awwwwwww. Cannot get your ship out.

21. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    Do I get a prize if I guess who posted that video?

Also, just to go back to the rapist visitation rights thing. I may be biased but I think Australia has the correct approach to parental 'rights' by basically not recognising that such rights exist. Parents should not have 'rights' to their child pure and simple. The child should have a right to know and spend time with his or her parents but always subject to the golden rule that the best interests of the child are paramount. I just can't see how the best interests of a child are served by allowing them to visit with the person who raped their mother.

22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The Heritage Foundation. What a shocker.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
  24. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    George Washington is on the ONE DOLLAR BILL. I think his memory is quite strong, thank you. Once he's off the most common paper currency in use in the country, we'll start using words like "erosion."

25. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    How the **** is blasphemy still a punishable crime?!