main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Two things.

Texas tea Partier gets up and leaves during the State Of The Union

Tonight I left early after hearing how the President is further abusing his Constitutional powers. I could not bear to watch as he continued to cross the clearly-defined boundaries of the Constitutional separation of powers.
    Needless to say, I am deeply disappointed in the tone and content of tonight’s address.
    After five years in office Obama refuses to admit his policies have failed. He instead demands we double down on the bitter class warfare that has left Americans jobless and hopeless.
    Obama’s plan for higher taxes and more spending is a blueprint for perpetual poverty. The last thing America needs is more of the Democrats’ class warfare that has left our economy a barren landscape.
    Even worse, Obama has openly vowed to break his oath of office and begin enacting his own brand of law through executive decree. This is a wholesale violation of his oath of office and a disqualifying offense.
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
    And the other.
    Maddow vs Huelskamp
    The vid you can watch without d/l anything is down at the end of the article. He is all about Benghazi, and then calls Maddow a cheerleader, then she rips him a new one.
    I am still stunned than nearly half this country will vote GOP.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hopefully the door smacked him really hard on the ass.

VadersLaMent and Juliet316 like this.
  3. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Jesus, he's acting like he had a stroke in that video.

The moment I love is when he asserts that Obama is anti-military. She asks for an example and he says that Obama ran against because he "wanted to bring the troops home." Not believing her luck, Maddow blinks a few times in shock and then says, "Is bringing the troops home your definition of being against the military?" The "OH****" look rolls across his face. He did just say that, didn't he? Yes, that's right, he accidentally revealed that when he talks about Obama being against the military what he really means is that he's against the military-industrial complex, not against the soldiers that make up the military itself. Yes, for the military industrial complex, bringing the troops home is a bad thing. But . . . for the troops themselves, the actual people that make up the military . . . well, hmm, bringing them home wouldn't be against them, would it? Oh, this is bad, this is very bad.

Jack Shafer, I think it was, once defined a gaffe as a moment when a politician accidentally told the truth. You just saw a real gaffe, folks. Hueslkamp is very, very pro-military, but he should have known better than letting the truth slip out that when he says "military" he means something other than the men and women who give their lives; he means, as so many politicians do, the money men behind the scenes. Yes, a lot of politicians are very pro-military right now, by which they mean that they'll continue to let our soldiers suffer and die away from their loved ones as long as the money keeps rolling in. [face_flag]

EDIT: God, I love Maddow. Her facial expressions are amazing. And her thing at the end is spectacular. I love her so much.

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You're only pro-military if you believe in choosing spots on the globe to send them to get car bombed.

You must hate soldiers if you want them home with their families. Geez.

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The funny thing is that the president really isn't against it.

6. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Replace all the "Obamas" with "Republicans" and you've got an accurate diagnosis of our country's problems.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Ok Ok, the following is another incredible example of why I started this thread. Ready?

GOD'S response to the State Of The Union Address

Oh this is so good.

“We want to seek God with all of our heart and soul,” Andrew said. “We want to obey the Holy Bible with all of our heart and soul, and we want Jesus as our king. This is how you restore God’s blessings. People like Barack Obama have a totally different vision of America. His vision is to follow Satan.”

Andrew goes on to claim that President Obama “encourages homosexual sin” and “forces people to have death panels.”
    Those two descriptions of President Obama is a dead giveaway that this pastor is nothing more than another brain-dead Fox News ewe. We presume that Andrew is talking about the president’s evil health care bill which of course is loaded with all sorts of Machiavellian plots, such as offing granny and grandpa once they become too expensive for us to take care of any longer.
    “Americans right now are suffering. There is great economic problems in the United States of America. We have the biggest debt in the world. How is this going to go away? This debt is going to go away by humbling ourselves before the Lord and not by serving Mammon but by putting Jesus Christ first.”

There you go. Stop worshiping Mammon. STOP!

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Death panels? There's a blast from the past.

9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I just find it incredible that a right winger uses the demon of greed and money as a pointer to the left.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  10. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Forcing people to have death panels is right out. I personally support each individual's right to choose death panels.

11. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    This is yet another example of the right-wingers winning an argument on a subject they should not be able to win an argument on just because the left-wingers somehow can't figure out to make a coherent, strong argument.

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    We left-wingers need to grow more of a spine.

13. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    America has a left wing now?

Darth Guy and Rogue_Ten like this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    In our political representation? No.

15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  16. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Do these people ever stop to think that maybe if they, oh I don't know, actually did their jobs, which is to make and pass laws, part of which right now, includes coming up with ways to get people out of work back to work, maybe the President wouldn't be having to resort to using Executive Orders to do Congress' job?

But then again, Bachman and many others are quitting, so maybe they really don't care on their way out.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Some folks had a problem with a multi-ligual 'Merica Coke Superbowl commercial

That coke commercial where they have national anthem song in different languages is disrespectful #speakenglish #******** I will have pepsi
    — Andrew Ricciardi (@andrewricciardi) February 3, 2014

I'm sorry but you can't sing about America in other languages. Thats just unamerican. #********
    — Jacob Youngblood (@dougyyoungblood) February 3, 2014

I think it's such an injustice to play "America The Beautiful" in Spanish #****Coke
    — Jordan Douglass (@Jordan_Doug93) February 3, 2014

**** that ********. This is America speak ******* English #ThanksObama#********
    — Kyle Newlon (@nothin_NEW) February 3, 2014

Dag nab it! Imma rootin' tootin' gunblazing cowboy! That danged muslam in the WHITE House brought this here! We don't speak muslam and spanglish nor swahhelee in this here country and we sures don't sing our national anthem in them lingos!
    -Sam, Yosemity(@DerpyDooo) Febyeairy 3, 2014

18. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm kind of loling a bit at the first guy having the last name Ricciardi. [face_tee_hee]

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  19. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    He's right! This song mentions God, and everybody knows God only speaks English. If you sing it in different languages he'll think you're singing it to some other God, and he'll send teh hurricanez and teh earthquakez. 'Cause if there's one thing God can't stand, it's a Spanish-speaking two-timer.

20. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I wonder what language this guy speaks. Because it sure ain't English...

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    That there is genuine frontier gibberish, yes Sir.

22. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Was there any uproar about the mixed-race Cheerio girl reprising her role? That would qualify as derp too!

23. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Sounds like some people forgot the message of an another classic Coca-Cola commercial:

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I love that commercial because if you sing it in a Bond villain voice, your day is full of sunshine.

25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Sing it in the language of the Seminole people, m************ or just go **** yourself. English was not the first language spoken on this continent and you're as much an immigrant as the people you're raging about and way more of a a**h*** because you don't even realize that the reason you're sitting at your computer raging about immigrants is because your ancestors were thieves and murderers that engaged in genocide. Go **** yourselves.

I really hope "Youngblood" is not a Native name. I really hope it's not. Because that would piss me off no end, a Native talking about how you can't sing about America in anything but English. My people were singing about this land hundreds of years ago, dip****. And not in English.

RC-1991 likes this.