main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    My favorite part is where he acknowledges that there would be "criticism" but then goes on to state he doesn't care. Yeah, this stupid "university club" that's going to become anathema when future employers google your name, that's the ****ing post to tie your proverbial horse to.

2. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Ah to be eighteen again!

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I was never this stupid when I was eighteen.[face_not_talking]

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Ted Cruz on shutting down the government(to try and defund Obamacare)

“There are some Democrats, some in the media and some Republicans who portray a shutdown as a horrible calamity. I think the term ‘shutdown’ is a misnomer,” Cruz said Tuesday during a luncheon with conservative activists and bloggers at the Heritage Foundation. “It’s actually a partial, temporary shutdown. We have seen them before.”
    These “partial, temporary” shutdowns, Cruz argued, happen “every single week on the weekend. Saturdays and Sundays we see temporary partial government shutdowns, and the world doesn’t end.”

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Ready??

Here we go: Ted Nugent in a Birther.

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Not really knews. It's been known for awhile Nugent is a Birther.

7. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I am not surprised, to say the least...

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah, we have seen government shutdowns before. Back in the nineties; people where I work, which is a government facility, still tell horror stories. People worked without pay for an extended period. It's quite a bit different than taking the weekend off; we're talking about massive numbers of people sent home without pay and a significant number told to keep working without pay. Those who work will get that pay when the government opens up again; for those sent home without pay, that's just lost time and lost money. And contrary to what a lot of people think about government jobs, a large number of people in my workplace live paycheck to paycheck. They can't afford that kind of nonsense talk.

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    One of the worst consequences would be that most federally-funded research would be shut down. Which would ruin most science projects, including ones that have been going on for years or even over a decade. Once funding was restored, they'd have to start all over again.

And since the shutdown would eventually end, the overall cost of restarting everything (not just research) makes a government shutdown actually increase the budget deficit and force the federal government to spend more overall.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And on the not quite so drastic scale (but would be the ones liable to piss the most people off sadly enough), would be all those federal parks, landmarks and museums that don't necessarily shut down on the weekends but would in a Federal shut - down.

Some Kentucky derp:

Kentucky petition for school prayer links ban on prayer to AIDS epidemic.

*facepalm* These people are still living in the 1980s/1990s aren't they?

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have a friend who just registered her son for fourth grade in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

One of the forms she was given, asked if she preferred that he be allowed to go outside during lightning storms or remain inside during lightning storms. :oops:

You can't make this **** up.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It could very well just be that they're so over concerned about any and every little lawsuit in there, they put that in there so that if a parent was stupid enough to check the 'go outside in during lightening storms, they can turn around and say "see? you checked this off so you can't sue."

Still stupid, but then again, there ARE people who can and will sue for just about anything under the sun now. :-\

14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    [​IMG]

There is a law on their books that says the doctor must make a report within 24 hours. If this guy gets his way it'll be the responsibility of the woman to do so or else it is treated as a misdemeanor.

15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Oh wait there's more. Doubel wammy.

Pat Robertson says killing in video games is just like killing in real life

No really. "I think mayhem, killing, Grand Theft Auto, they get pretty bizarre. So if you're murdering somebody in cyberspace in a sense you're performing the act, whether you like it or not."

Also: "Jesus said, 'if you look upon a woman with thoughts lust in your heart, you've committed adultery with her, ' so that's a virtual sin," said Robertson

[​IMG]

---------------------

And in the department of "You're not helping":

Rangel: Tea party is the same group of White Crackers who fought Civil Rights

See, he might be right, but the "white crackers" is not needed and it wind sup destroying the point.

[​IMG]

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    *sighs* everytime Robertson magically makes sense on some issues (Pot, transgender issues), he takes one giant leap back with nonsense such as above.

I'm not even going to comment on the Virginia one. My blood pressure would rise too high.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Wait--I thought the concern with video games was that kids wouldn't be able to distinguish between the game and reality? Looks like kids do a better job with that than old washed-out televangelists whom God keeps ordering to run for President.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    There's the Pat Robertson I... uh... know and love?

Also, I love how you can always spot the ones who don't know what they're talking about as regards video games by their use of GTA. Yes, "family" "values" types, please continue to focus on the big fish that got away. Please do not ever notice what goes into your typical Shin Megami Tensei game. Kthanx.

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Well, it is. Don't you know that a tanning bed is a necessary medical procedure that none of us pasty-white folks can or should ever forgo? Rep. Oompa Loompa Boehner is the healthiest of all of us because he has that Congressional medical care and enough money to get his regular dose if ultraviolet rays.

Juliet316 and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  22. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Are you kidding, it's like an unexpected present when he surfaces to try and explain away his failure.

Also, no amount of money will ever make him get over how he missed his one chance to fulfill his life long dream.
    Poor guy, I bet his champagne tastes a little flat now.

23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I wish I'd grabbed those chair throwing gifs while getting that article on Russia's anti - gay laws when I had the chance.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Back when the North Carolina General Assembly was still sane and passed anti-bullying legislation, the opposition centered around the idea that it was "pro gay" and that religious people wouldn't be able to say anything against homosexuality.

IOW, "my religion mandates that I bully gay people and you are discriminating against me!"