main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Look out guys, we've got a regular clichétheist here.

EDIT -- You know, Timmo, for a guy who professes not to believe in religion, you sure spend a lot of your time and effort (and signature space!) squawking about it.

Youre acting like one of those fellows who goes out of his way to lambast homosexuals for no other reason than to hide the fact that he himself is so far in the closet he's holding hands with Mr. Tumnus.

Could it be that you're a.....Closet Christian? [face_thinking]

MASTERPRENN likes this.
  2. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Nope, I've been an atheist ever since I was old enough to start thinking for myself.

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Were you going to explain about all those "atrocities," then?

4. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    The crusades, for one. Anytime Christians use their faith as an excuse for bigotry, hatred or violence. Pat Robertson. Take your pick.

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    What "atrocities" did Jesus himself commit?

And Pat Robertson is wacky, but I don't think he's committed atrocities. Also, most Christians, and I think even the Catholic Church, have apologized for the Crusades (not that modern Christians, or Christianity itself, are responsible for them...)

6. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    GERMANS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WWII SO ALL GERMANS ARE STUPID GUYS

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    HERE are some cruel Jesus things. When I look at this I see a fictional being in a mythology that sound slike any Greek Mythology story. It's sort of hard to call them true atrocities without actual evidence showing them to have happened.

BUT, let's sort of stop there. I don't want to go into a religious debate despite the thread bringing up people using religion in their public derping.

8. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
  9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Stop what?--Solo

10. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Lol. 90% of the listed cruelties are "someone said something that hurt my feelings."

MASTERPRENN likes this.
  11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm not quite sure if I even understand what this law is. I don't even think it has anything to do with individuals acknowledging anything.

If I understand this correctly, the law states that the Kentucky state Homeland Security building must have a plaque celebrating "the power of the Almighty God". Apparently, they just want to make sure the Homeland Security building has a plaque FOREVER.

Failing to comply carries a criminal penalty of up to 12 months in jail. For who? Every citizen in the state? After all, it is up to the state's citizens to comply.

Just all kinds of stupid.

Even if individuals were required to acknowledge "the security provided by the Almighty God", that would of course be unconstitutional and wouldn't last long.

If that actually was a law in my state, I'd be in jail right now. Not really to protest something that is unconstitutional, but just because I'm a stubborn smartass that is willing to get in trouble just to be a stubborn smartass.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Bill O'Reilly just said Christianity is not a religion.

[​IMG]

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    When did O'Reilly become anti - Christian?

14. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    When he started writing about seducing women with loofahs?

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Yes too bad that thinking for yourself doesn't also include picking up on sarcasm.

16. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    If we were in the universe where this sentence made sense, this sentence would make sense.

17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  18. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Zero, same as all fictional characters.

timmoishere and CT-867-5309 like this.
  19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Rick Santorum has joned WND as a columnist. This is the birther/Obama is gay/murdered his gay lover/mega conspiracy site. And for his first article:

treaty adopted by the U.N. in 2006 called the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities will crush U.S. Sovereignty

The U.S. has a disabilities act and is using this treaty to promote it around the world. According to Santorum:

“In all actions concerning children with disabilities, the best interests of the child shall be a primary consideration.”

In the case of our 4-year-old daughter, Bella, who has Trisomy 18, a condition that the medical literature says is “incompatible with life,” would her “best interest” be that she be allowed to die? Some would undoubtedly say so.

There is more there. The spin here is that the treaty it not some legally binding thing that makes other countries do what we do and vice versa, but Santorum twists it to make it look like the UN will take over the U.S. and kill his child.

Anti UN items have been on the drawing board of the very far Right for a long time. It has to do with too much real world success of programs and science infecting the U.S. Climate change, education standards, folks like Santorum do not like the idea that religion slanted homeschooling programs could be effected if we let the UN into our lives too much, though of course it is ok to let Santorum into our lives to tell us what to do as per his entire program he used as he ran for President.

[face_flag] 8-} That's a bit more commentary than I like to add, I usually let the derp derp for itself, but that's what I get for watching maddow right before posting this.

20. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    The derp is strong with this one:

[​IMG]

But you know, if she had the truth, then she wouldn't need faith.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  21. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
  22. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Pretty big slap in the face to guys like Bob Dole & McCain, and the UN itself especially since China even signed up to it and they aren't exactly regarded for their human rights.

23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Omg, that Becky Fischer thing. Maybe we should borrow from Spaceballs where there is Up-derp and Down-derp. She is obviously down-derp.

24. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I wanna know how McCain voted on that. Because Bob Dole, in frail health was wheeled onto the House floor to argue for the treaty and congress still killed it.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He/she/it hasn't posted anything yet. Very strange [face_worried]