main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    There are a number of reasons for the 2nd Amendment, self defense, militias, armed resistance to invasion, a means of giving a potential tyrrany of government second thoughts, and stopping a potential uprsiding of slaves not to mention hunting down escaped slaves while armed. So it is not really derpitous just not the overall focus.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    That is worded bad. How about "There were a number of reason the 2nd Amendement was put in the Constitution:..."

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm pretty sure "defending one's property" was among them, and if not, many 2nd Amendment advocates say that's one of the reasons they want to be able to keep whatever the hell type gun they want--to protect their property.

Slaves were property.

4. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I thought the point of this thread was to point out stupid things people say or do, especially in the name of religion or politics. Was I mistaken?

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If you were, then so was I.

If the majority of people on Facebook are idiots, I'm sure there are some left-wing idiots who are posting stupid left-wing stuff, which the PP is welcome to include here.

6. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    The only stupidity my left wing type friends post is about animal rights.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Picking on my anti-Monsanto foodie memes, are you? :p

(Or not, because I don't think I post too many, I just "like" a lot of public ones.)

8. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Hey, I'm anti-Monsanto but not anti GM crops. And more along the PeTA types for me. I really can't stand that level of hypocrisy.

Valairy Scot and Lowbacca_1977 like this.
  9. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    There is plenty of left-wing stupidity:

Anti nuclear power
    Anti GMOs
    "Organic" food
    Alt-med nonsense

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/308724-1

A good talk on it. Also you get to watch the realclearscience guy take an idiot on and decimate him.

Lowbacca_1977 likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, conspiracy theorists on the left-wing side are as bad as those on the right-wing side. I actually knew someone who believed that vaccines were a conspiracy to weaken people so that they would become more dependent on the government. *headdesk*

11. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    What Vivec said. I got someone angry at me on facebook early this week because I called out a story he shared about why no one should get flu vaccines as being full of made up facts. Apparently, facts are the sign of a crazy person, I was told.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LMAO. What?

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I got in an argument with someone who claimed that the Paranormal Activity movies are real because "that stuff happened in the Bible". Actually it wasn't really an argument. I burst out laughing and walked away.

14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    What I did not want to try and do is define "Derp" to any specific extent. Vivec points out that the left is anti-nuclear power. This is sort of true but the mainstream folks on the left/liberal/dem side have for the most part relaxed this and even so had legit questions such as meltdowns, current technology, and even with the possibility of fusion comes the possibility of neutron emission.

There is that moment when a Dem commented on an island flipping over....DERRRRRRP. But that was long ago well ebfore I thought of this thread.

The thing is with what you might call leftist Derpitude is that is is usually not that stupid or else is not shared by the majority of the left/liberal/dem group hence it does not make headlines hence I don't quote it here.

GOP/The Right/Tea party....are you kidding? This thread is not only loaded with it, the headlines are everywhere because you have a majority lack of denial in the nonsense. It is not because each side has equal footing and the media is slanted. Dumb crap makes headlines. Just because you have a "view" does not make that view correct. Example...The President's birth certificate. DERP. Derp. More derp.

What I do not do is selectively seek out right vs left derp. I casually browse forums and headlines and BLAMMO! GOP bull rules the airwaves.

Whatever the case, nothing as far as what can be called right wing derpiness can be disputed in this thread. Look at all that crap! But if you wish to post left wing nonsense please do so. But it has to actually be nutzoid. Ak-47 as a prop? Woop dee friggin do. Denying climate change because the Bible says God will destroy the Earth? RIDICULOUS.

15. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, I posted PETA derp about them wanting the President not to pardon the turkeys around Thanksgiving.

I really really hate PETA.

16. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I remember when PETA petitioned the town of Fishkill, New York to change their name to Fishsave, not realizing that "kill" in this sense is an old Dutch word meaning "stream or river". After receiving that little lesson in word etymology, they promptly shut up and scurried away.

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm an animal lover but PETA makes animal lovers look ridiculous.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    This.

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I do not discount the..shall I say "derpitous"...nature of PETA as it appears to many. Bill Maher however did say, and I am paraphrasing, that non-human animals need an amazing ***** like the head pf PETA to make a point in favor of the abuse of non-human living things on this world.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Sure, non - human animals need an advocate. Just not PETA.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    ASPCA is a good advocate and so is the Humane Society. PETA is just absurd.

Juliet316 and Summer Dreamer like this.
  22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Ted Nugent DERPITY DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nugent said that Obama “is attempting to re-implement the tyranny of King George that we escaped from in 1776,” adding: “If you want another Concord bridge, I’ve got some buddies.”
    The comment was a reference to the Battle of Concord, in which a British soldier broke a standoff and fired upon assembled American militiamen, in what later became known as “the shot heard around the world” that helped launch the Revolutionary War.

He added that Obama “hires, appoints and associates with communists,” and that he’s “an evil, dangerous man who hates America and hates freedom. And we need to fix this as soon as possible.”

I have heard many a Nugent radio interview and seen him all over tv and such. He is one of those people who is a total dumbass but thinks he has something intelligent to say. And quite frankly his music sucks.​

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm starting to sound like a broken record: When is the Secret Service going to pay Mr. Nugent another visit?

24. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Forget the secret service, have SHIELD pay him a visit.....

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    As the "token Christian" of this thread, I should point out that Toby is not a Bible character. :p