main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Okay you can take that back. Say what you will about his politics, "Stranglehold" is one of the essentials of classic rock.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Blah. Overrated.

3. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Arizona Republicans propose a bill to require and oath to graduate hgihschool

I, _______, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge these duties; So help me God.

The bold type is done by the article. It is a religious issue and is being fought that way but even if that were not a part of it just the idea that you have to swear and oath over the matter is ridiculous.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL wut? Graduating from high school is now the equivalent of holding a federal office?

RC-1991 and timmoishere like this.
  5. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Isn't that the oath that military officers take upon commissioning?

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Ugh as if high school wasn't bad enough.

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Arizona really does not want to relinquish the crown of most craziest state in the Union does it?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Given they visited Ted Nugent last year for a bit less obvious comment, I don't doubt he'll be seeing Secret Service and FBI agents shortly.

Edit: I know some elected officals have been taking stupid pills lately, but I can't believe somebody elected to such a high office was actually dumb enough to say that he was praying for a sitting President's death.

10. Yoda_S

Yoda_S Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 1999
    After the past election cycle (and really the last couple of years in general) I'm not surprised at any of the stupid comments that come out of an elected offical's mouth anymore.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    True. Still you'd think somebody that's that high up in office (A state House Speaker no less) would be at least smart enough to know that calling for prayers for the President's death will at least get you one visit from the Secret Service.

Oh and he's refusing to resign. This will be a lovely and long two years until 2014 for the GOP.

12. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I will say that as a Christian that the verse in question is used a lot by us. When we have someone in a position of power in the Church or what not we don't like or agree with it's not uncommon for that verse to be thrown around. It's less used to say 'I hope he dies' as 'I hope he gets replaced soon' Heck at my dorm back in college someone would almost always use that verse at the invocation for new prayer leaders to mess with them. It's less used for death wishes and more for Christians to try and be witty with the Bible.

To be clear I'm talking about the first part, 'let his days be few and another replace him' and not what comes after. If someone includes the other stuff I would say it's inappropriate but just using the first part is a rather common phrase Christians I know use.

It'd be like someone quoting 'a plague on both your houses' and actually believing they wanted both houses to die of plague.

13. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Ted Nugent is a highly overrated musician. I saw him last summer with REO Speedwagon and Styx.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That's the funniest **** I've read in awhile. Thank you. [face_ROTFLMAO]

I can't wait to dissect this later but I'll start with "obviously this dumb*** has never been hiking with a woman." We know how to pee behind trees, and because we have to squat all the time instead of sometimes, we are far more experienced at not getting poison ivy on our asses.

Which is exactly what I would wish on this moron.

16. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Sheesh. Women just can't handle being in combat situations. Right? :rolleyes: Loved the part about 'it's not women peeing in front of men that's the problem, it's that men might have to pee in front of women.' There isn't a smilie for this one, folks.

Yeah, I read the article.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Now to tear it apart:

1. "We have seen in Iraq and Afghanistan that ground combat still requires levels of physical strength, speed and endurance that are relatively rare among women."

Who the hell has this dude been hanging out with, Edith Bunker? June Cleaver?

2. "I certainly don't want to be in that environment with a female, because it's degrading and humiliating enough to do your personal hygiene and other normal functions among your teammates."

Dude, if you're too big a wuss to take a piss around other people, women or men, you're too big a wuss to serve in the Armed Forces.

Everybody pees. Everybody poops. Stop acting like you are having a unique experience. And anyone who has time to stare at you while you're doing your business, probably doesn't belong in the Armed Services either.

3. "Not only will they have to maintain their focus on defeating the enemy in battle, they will have to do so in an environment that combines life-threatening danger with underlying sexual tensions."

LOL. Somebody is shooting at me, I need to fire back! But wait! There's a hot babe nearby and my **** is talking to me! Seriously? [face_laugh] Exactly when did the Armed Forces start admitting 12-year-old boys?

4. "Integrating women will make it harder to segregate them." LOL. Stop watching your platoon mates urinate, you pervs.

5. "Women will require lower standards." Bull****. They require the standards that enable them to do the job. No wusses from either gender.

6. "This policy change may have the ironic effect of forcing women to reconsider their place in the armed service." Awwww, because the poor wittle womenfolks are too sensitive to do what the big strong men folks do. Again, bull****.

7. "Women might be drafted." Yeah, if anyone is being drafted, we have a problem. Gender is irrelevant.

Archie Bunker Jerry Boykin needs to go home, tell Dingbat to bang some pots and pans and get his meatloaf on the table, and yell at the Meathead and the Little Girl for voting for McGovern.

But the comic relief is great.

18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    My pastor often tells us to pray for our leaders, you know, to have wisdom and such, and he occasionally jokingly refers to this verse as in, "And when I say pray for him, I don't mean, let his days be few and another take his office."

It's a clever joke. And like a lot of good jokes, it's gets really scary when you realize that some people mean it seriously.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  19. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  21. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    The WORD OF GOD is now liberally biased? o_O

I'm totally going to look at that translation in my big Bible project though. Should be fun to rip it to shreds. I mean, seriously, will these people listen to themselves? We're going to edit the Bible to make it more Republican!! God isn't a Republican and neither was Jesus. When even a powerful religious text like the Bible isn't safe from the culture wars, we've hit a new low. It's the BIBLE, for God's sake (no pun intended). It stands outside our petty divisions and expresses the words and the thoughts of God. Are we really going to edit GOD because He isn't sufficiently conservative? This is literally infuriating to me. Leave the ******* masterpieces of art out of the frigging culture war, you morons. And when it's a central foundation of my personal faith, then you had damn well better leave your hands off of it. What's next? Editing Shakespeare? Faulkner? Eliot? Hemingway? Censoring the lyrics of Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen and Rage Against the Machine? Painting over the masterpieces of art that show Jesus with long hair because he looks too much like a hippie? Who am I kidding? The people doing this Bible project would love to do all of those things. It's like talking to a brick wall.

In closing, I'd like to quote from II Peter chapter 3, verses 15 & 16:

Even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. I bet they take those verses out.

Great, now I'm too pissed to go to sleep.

EDIT: Actually, they use those verses from II Peter to justify their project!! What exactly do they think they're doing, if they're not wrestling the Scriptures in order to make them say what they want them to say? I mean, that's exactly what they're doing, by their own admission. God, I loathe people.

Arawn_Fenn and GenAntilles like this.
  22. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    They better leave Revelation alone

Revelation 22:19
    And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

23. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Just. Wow.

24. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    They're now Rage Against the Obama Election Machine, sorry.

25. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Conservative Bible project is old news. Where have you been, living under a rock? o_O