Senate Derp. DERP. Derpitus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeeerp!

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    8 year old's endevour to get the wooly mammoth named the Official State Fossil

Hey that's great. South Carolina responding to a little girl's interest in science and possibly having a positive impact on the scientific education of others.

---An 8-year-old South Carolina girl's dream of having the woolly mammoth become the official state fossil has been put on hold while lawmakers debate an amendment that gives God credit for creation of the prehistoric animal.
    That amendment was ruled out of order but senators this week will debate a new amendment that says the mammoth was "created on the sixth day along with the beasts of the field," Bryant said on Monday.
    "I just had a notion that we ought to consider acknowledging the creator as we acknowledge one of his creations," Bryant said.---

[IMG]
    Last edited by VadersLaMent, Apr 3, 2014
  2. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    And no women are likely to be any of those things, if this guy has his way. Plus, something tells me this guy hasn't actually researched the history of women in the arts. Or has anything but the most superficial knowledge about art and culture, actually. He sounds like an idiotic philistine to me.
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    This guy can't be serious. I'm just going to assume that it's a belated April Fool's prank.
    Juliet316 likes this.
  4. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    No no. It's a shell game.
    anakinfansince1983 and Juliet316 like this.
  5. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Computers = 666

Nothing like The End Times to start the weekend. I just hope it doesn't happen too soon, Marvel says they have movies planned through 2028.

[IMG]
  6. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    s

Does that mean Roberton himself works for Satan given that he encourages people to buy his books and other 700 club/CBN/Regent University stuff and the like online?
  7. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    I recently had a creationist tell me "Computers aren't science, they're technology!" [face_plain]
  8. V-2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Interesting to see privacy experts starting to use religious paranoia this way... When I was with no2id there were discussions about it, but the consensus was that it's unethical and would ultimately weaken our position. I know there were some who said they'd still use it but they were the paranoid conspiracy lot and nobody listens to them anyway.
  9. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    Well, dang it. I was totally going to not get the Mark of the Beast, but I've been buying from Amazon for years. Ol' Scratch really snuck that one up on me.
  10. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Better to rule in PC products than serve Microsoft.
  11. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
  12. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7

the white women on fox news are getting weirder looking all the time. like what is that? is she wincing in pain at the very mention of obamacare or is that just her face?

its a bit astonishing how quickly they've overshot their folksy ideal and wound up in nightmare territory. but then that's always been the problem with eugenics programs
    Last edited by Rogue_Ten, Apr 5, 2014
  13. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  14. DantheJedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Let's just hope PETA doesn't get their wish in this case, on the grounds that the house is on land zoned for residential development, and not commercial.

(I played the Super NES version of Sim City, I know how this stuff works)
    V-2 likes this.
  15. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Doubtful. F&F consistently scores enormous ratings, and as the token conservative on The View, she probably didn't have much fun. Now she's among friends.

Aside from Steve Doocy, who is whack, its not a terrible group. Hasselbeck is certainly better than the insufferable shrill she replaced.
  16. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Well PETA seems to have good intentions, but why don't they just knock the whole house down?
  17. V-2 Force Ghost

star 4
    You'd be crazy to knock it down. Just look at how much Jack The Ripper tours make. You're throwing future tourism money away.
  18. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    When I was in London in '04 I did the Jack the Ripper tour twice. :p
  19. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Well, Jack the Ripper was never caught, and there are conspiracies out there that he never even existed.
  20. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I like the conspiracy that he was King Edward VII myself.
  21. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    I enjoy the Sir William Gull take. It's one of those obviously false FREEMASONS!!!1! accusations, but it just made for such a great comic book.
  22. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
  23. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Not to mention a Hellraiser cenobite.

[IMG]
  24. ZanderSolo Force Ghost

star 3
  25. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    More of a wacky news thing I think.