main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Ok here is a good ******* example.

"How did Noah fit all the dinosaurs on that itty bitty ark?"

Oh that's easy, they took the baby ones.

“I see some people that like to mock and ridicule, especially about the dinosaurs, how did they put the big old dinosaurs on there?” he said. “Well, I would suggest to you they didn’t take the big old dinosaur — they would have taken the younger ones. You think of a guy like me, if you’re going to go repopulate a planet, you’re not taking me with you. I’m old. My repopulating days are done. You take my son or my grandson. My grandson is a whole lot smaller than I am.”

And THAT'S ridiculous. THAT'S DERP. The strength and power of DERP. What good is the nonsense compared to the charlatan that wields it?

[​IMG]

CloneUncleOwen likes this.
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  3. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006

if i did, i might have used the phrase "surged above" or something like that as opposed to "dropped out", but yes, i do, and yes, it is a hologram.

4. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I kind of figured anyone expecting people to register for being Jewish and to pay a fine fee, given history, is pretty derpy :p

To the politics thread Batman!

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This registration thing is pretty damn scary.

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Especially when you consider Ukraine's history during WWII.

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Bob Corker: Assad Was 'Wise' To Kill 1,200 With Chemical Weapons And 'Embarrass' The U.S.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/20/bob-corker-ukraine_n_5182516.html

VadersLaMent likes this.
  8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Wow. Game of Thrones for real.

9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I may be a derp addict. Seriously. I like to think perhaps I am trying to bring a little knowledge; do my lil part to help people be informed voters. But maybe, just maybe I view crap such as what follows and it gives me a nice thrill to know I am just better than this.

JUST in case you thought Pat Robertson wa sone of them crazies that actually believes their own crap(despite all other evidence to the contrary):

An asteroid might destroy the Earth(next week!) so sayeth THE LORD!

Said by a guy selling a book on how the world might be destroyed by an asteroid.

10. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
  11. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    [​IMG]

THAT is why we call you, Vader!!

THAT is why you have the power of Steel!

12. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

competition for industrial jobs and the fact that racism knows no geographical boundary. in the early 20th century, there were quite a few black exoduses from the south looking for something other than work as a farmhand or a life of prison labor. So they left for the north and the west, looking for something better.
    northerners responded with "dey tuk'er jerbs!" and forming social groups to 'preserve order'.

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Apparently they can sue him but I do not know to what extent. He publically apologized afterwards but which at this point is ridiculous, and apparently he has this is not his first angry outburst at reporters. there is no word of what other Russian politicians think of this.

14. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Except what's quoted in the article, which, given your history, I doubt you've read before commenting on. :p

Juliet316 and VadersLaMent like this.
  15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Jesus ******* Christ. The desirable outcome in that situation is for the reporters to storm the stage and beat this guy savagely. If I'd been in the room, that's probably what I would have done.

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    It happens on occasion but my history is generally far better. In fact, I recall reading that but I wa snot done collecting other headlines, came back to it, and forgot all about it. I accept my dunce cap and shall go sit in the corner.

17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Allow me to deflect my partial stumble.

Dinosaurs are a gateway drug to science for kids

Going to the link to Ham's page we get this:

-----Of course, secularists know that children love dinosaurs, and they use dinosaurs to indoctrinate kids into evolutionary ideas. “The Nation’s T. Rex” will be a centerpiece for the Smithsonian—a museum funded by our tax dollars. In reality, then, the government is imposing the religion of evolution and millions of years on children visiting the Smithsonian, while also claiming a supposed separation of church and state! Our tax dollars are funding the religion of naturalism (atheism) and its evolutionary story to be exhibited in the Smithsonian in the nation’s capital!
    Now many of you probably remember the dinosaur billboard campaign we ran for the Creation Museum in 2012. Secularists, as they had done before, accused us of using dinosaurs to attract children to the museum, saying the dinosaurs were “bait.” And you know, we certainly make no apology about the fact that we use dinosaurs to attract people (including kids) to the museum—just like the director of the Smithsonian’s Natural History Museum is doing! You see, when secularists use dinosaurs to attract kids, well, that’s ok—but if Christians do it, secularists almost consider it a “crime”!
    The real difference between the Creation Museum and the Smithsonian is that we tell children the truth of God’s Word and the gospel. We explain the true history of the world concerning creation and the Flood—and in doing so we correctly explain the history in regard to dinosaurs and solve the mystery as to what happened to them. We point visitors to the truth of God’s Word in Genesis, and teach kids that dinosaurs were created on Day Six of the Creation Week and that most of the fossils of dinosaurs were formed during the Flood of Noah’s Day about 4,300 years ago.-----
    [​IMG]

timmoishere likes this.
  18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The other option was just to build a much bigger ark.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Abortion opponents expressedconfusion that the Clintons would refer to Chelsea’s unborn child as a “baby” and not a “fetus,” suggesting that’s wholly incompatible with their support for legal abortion. “When it’s their own grandchild, it appears the Clintons see things differently, with their words most definitely betraying their true feelings on the matter. No talk of a non-person fetus, only of a child,” a Christian Post editorial noted, declaring that the Clintons must actually believe that life begins at conception.

TL,Dr, apparently a lot of anti - choicers are apparently baffled that, given the Clintons are pro - choice, that Chelsea Clinton is apparently not wanting to abort her baby.

Link.

[​IMG]

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The ideal that someone should not have a choice is not limited to abortion when it comes to deal with the Right.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    True. But it boggles me that some of these people think that being pro - abortion rights = not wanting children/aborting pregnancy they have.

23. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Sheesh. I thought it was obvious that pro-choice is not the same as pro-abortion. Apparently not.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Don't you know that if you're pro-choice, you hate babies and want all of them to die?

25. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    [​IMG]

"Babies? Ewwwww."

Darth-Lando likes this.