main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Right, a lot of people have had to bow to the prevailing science that says a person is born gay. So it's no longer a sin to have the desires, just to act on them. Because we all know repressing sexual desires creates a healthy and happy individual.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  2. wall of sick

wall of sick Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 9, 2014
    very true - if i had suppressed my desire to have sex with bladed weaponry throughout my life i would be an absolute wreck by now. thankfully, i'm only a little bit of a wreck.

3. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I thought the prevailing science was that we're all born with gay potential but it's a question of gene expression somewhere in the first three years, or something like that..?

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  5. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    lol

What a ******. And I think the end of that story is exaggerated. The conversation was probably more like this: "When are you going to stop playing games with God?" "Right after I stop pressing charges against you." For future reference, I don't want to ever hear the phrase "I crumpled the kid" in a sermon.

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    ****. dude stole my witnessing method

7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Historical derpity doooooo

in 1994:

--Bush made that statement in response to a question on what he would for African-Americans if elected to office.
    “It’s time to strive for a society where there’s equality of opportunity, not equality of results. So I’m going to answer your question by saying: probably nothing,

Bush made other comments that don’t mesh well with his present image as a moderate Republican. He said that women on welfare “should be able to get their life together and find a husband.” On the issue of granting special legal privileges to gays and lesbians, Bush believed “we have enough special categories, enough victims, without creating even more.” He also said that “sodomy” should not hold the same constitutional status as race and religion.--

But wait, the article says he changed. In 1998 he said he was sorry to black folks, that gay marriage was ok, that illegal immigrants should get amnesty. So he is all good guy now? No, this is how you play both sides of the fence because his advisors chimed in:

--However, his advisers claim he is still the same conservative he ran as in 1994.
    “He didn’t change his core principles,” Sally Bradshaw, a close adviser to Bush, told the AP. “He saw a way to bring people along.”
    Another former aide says that Bush had to change his presentation because his “Ted Cruz-tone” cost him the election.--

But See? He was a racist mysogynist homophobe right until he relized he needed to win an election so he is all better, but he still isn't, but is kinda maybe, but is, but isn't.
    [​IMG]

8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    What does a GOP rep do when he is called out for comparing Obama to Hitler for not going to Paris?

The non-aplogy apology

“I need to first apologize to all those offended by my tweet,” Weber said in a statement. “It was not my intention to trivialize the Holocaust nor to compare the President to Adolf Hitler. The mention of Hitler was meant to represent the face of evil that still exists in the world today. I now realize that the use of Hitler invokes pain and emotional trauma for those affected by the atrocities of the Holocaust and victims of anti-Semitism and hate."

“Today, we are facing the evil of Islamic extremists who are attempting to instill fear and murdering the lives of innocent people from Paris to Nigeria to Jerusalem and all over the world,” Weber said. “The President’s actions or lack thereof is my point of contention.”

[​IMG]

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  9. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    Voters in the Richmond Virginia area have proven their stupidity. Delegate Joe Morrissey, who is currently serving a 6-month jail sentence after giving an Alford plea to the charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor for sleeping with his then-underage receptionist (who is now pregnant), won the special election yesterday to replace himself after he resigned in December because of his plea.

From the Washington Post:
    The worst part is that even if he is expelled from the House of Delegates, he would still be eligible to run for his seat again, and there's a decent chance that he would win it again.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  10. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    That is horrendous.

11. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    I should add that Joe Morrissey has a long history of trouble with the law. He was disbarred in 2003 (but reinstated on the state level in 2011, but is still disbarred on the federal level) for unethical behavior and repeated contempt of court. As a prosecutor, he once lost two full-automatic Uzi rifles that he "left" in the back seat of his car. He was previously charged (but not convicted) for bribery and perjury in the 1990s.

Unfortunately, his district is highly Democratic (his last normal re-election bid he got about 70% of the vote), and he has name recognition. In the special election, he got 42% of the vote as an Independent. The Democrat got about 33%, and the Republican got about 25%.

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I love that Dante's Internet pic.

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    See? Democrats can be all ****** up too.

------------------------------

So there you are at the funeral of a loved one when.....the church stops right in the middle because the deceased was gay

when suddenly the minister overseeing her funeral stopped the service.
    The memorial could not continue, Pastor Ray Chavez said, as long as pictures of Collier with the love of her life, the spouse she shared two children with, were to be displayed.
    Chavez said there could be no images of Collier with her wife, Christina. There could be no indication that Collier was gay.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Hey you, you there. Are you an atheist? If so...

In Saudi Arabia you are now a terrorist

Article one of the new provisions defines terrorism as "calling for atheist thought in any form, or calling into question the fundamentals of the Islamic religion on which this country is based".

15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    From the comments section I quote:

The masters of the GOP have spoken

Hey you. Did you vote for Obama? Yeah? Good job. Buuuut you stayed home during the mid term elections and this is the derp you get. Dumbass.

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    The veto pen can be quite a shield, Montie. Especially when being used by a President who has a) nothing to lose - literally no more elections, b) a country that sides with him on nearly every social and economic initiative, and c) an Electoral College lock for 2016, and a superstar candidate to take the reins of the party.

Don't worry, be happy. What's the worst that can happen? Government shutdown? Old news. Plus, any kind of craziness just drives the Republicans further from the center in the general election, Koch approval or not.

17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The worst that can happen? Just shy of half this country voted against Obama twice for wackjobs. The Electoral College is not a proper meter of landslide. Romney got 47% of the vote, that is close. I do hope the GOP crap backfires on them, but I am not optimistic.

---------------------------

The Pope says you don't have to believe in God to go to Heaven

I read that and thought, "Hey, look at this guy trying to be agreeable and reach across the aisle.

And then I read this horrid crap

"The family is threatened by growing efforts on the part of some to redefine the very institution of marriage," Francis told the crowd. "These realities are increasingly under attack from powerful forces, which threaten to disfigure God’s plan for creation."

The. Am I the only one amazed that the plans of an omnipotent god can be undone my masses of men sticking their penises inside the buttocks of other men? [face_dunno]

Also commenting on the attack in France:

Though condemning the violent attacks, Francis seemed to put at least partial blame on the editors and cartoonists of Charlie Hebdo, the satirical magazine that was acted in Paris last week. "You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others," Francis said, saying that the magazine shouldn't have provoked the attackers.

[​IMG]

V-2 likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  19. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Damn. No Christian man will want to marry me after that.

Oh. :oops: No man wants to marry me anyway...no harm, no foul. ;)

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    From #4:

The Feminist. There’s no room within Christendom for the “Christian feminist.” Though women and men have equal value in the eyes of God (Gal 3:28), they certainly have different God-given roles. Any woman who tries to usurp her husband’s authority or even claims to be a co-leader with her man is gravely dishonoring the God who created her to be subject and obedient to her husband.

I need that epic facepalm pic again.

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

22. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    That is maybe the very worst thing I've encountered in this thread. I just . . . how in the blue hell does a person with a brain and a conscience vote for that guy? Sickening.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Aside from victim blaming France for the terroist attacks...um...I guess Fox news viewers do not watch the same shows day to day? Recently they had an all day slam fest on what they called "no go zones". These were supposed to be neighborhoods populated by muslims where the police do not go and Sharia law rules. Then the roster of Fox talking heads had to apologize and admit it was all made up. But not Pappa Bear.

In the 2nd vid at just shy of the 4 minute mark is Bill O blaming France and mention No Go Zones

And of course in the 1st vid he says he never saw that. Yet, his awesome ratings will continue. [face_dunno]

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Hey you Evilutioners, you get less miracles.

Africa has miracles and we in America do not because they are simple over there

“We have been inundated with skepticism and secularism,” he conintued. “And overseas, they’re simple, humble. You tell ‘em God loves ‘em and they say, ‘Okay, he loves me.’ You say God will do miracles and they say, ‘Okay, we believe him.’”
    “And that’s what God’s looking for. That’s why they have miracles.”

Keep It Simple Stupid.

V-2 likes this.
  25. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    That's why they have Ebola.