main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    You've never been this funny before, Arawn. Nice one. [face_laugh]

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    11 year old girl who's parents refused chemo in place of fiath based treatment has died

Makayla Sault, who is a member of the First Nations indigenous group based in Canada, made headlines last year when she refused treatment for her lymphoblastic leukemia – a disease that is treatable and has a 90% success rate – with her family’s support. She instead sought out alternative indigenous medicine.

“Surrounded by the love and support of her family, her community and her nation – on Monday, January 19 at 1:50 PM, in her 12th year, Makayla completed her course. She is now safely in the arms of Jesus.”

“Chemotherapy did irreversible damage to her heart and major organs. This was the cause of the stroke,” the family’s statement said. “We continue to support Makayla’s choice to leave chemotherapy. At this time we request privacy from the media while we mourn this tragic loss.”
    According to the National Post, there is little evidence to suggest that chemotherapy was responsible for Makayla’s stroke.
    There appears to be little to no clinical precedent for chemotherapy drugs prompting a childhood stroke several months after treatment has ceased.
    A stroke could be consistent with leukemia, however. As a blood disease, leukemia can form clots that cause stroke. Oncology sources contacted Monday night by the National Post, however, said that Makayla’s specific cancer is not consistent with a fatal stroke — unless the cancer had spread to her brain.

I do hope these idiots are charged with negligent homicide.​

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Not sure about Canada - there are only a handful of states for those wackos to flock to and use religion as a shield in the US - the most lenient of which is Idaho. I believe Louisiana is also on the list.

Terribly sad.

4. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Knowing loved ones going through chemo I can understand why someone might refuse treatment and just try their luck, but you'd need to make an informed choice to do that... I don't think an average 11 year old can make such a choice, and the story about seeking traditional alternatives to medicine is just utterly depressing. The state should intervene when parents abuse their children like this.

VadersLaMent and Obi-Zahn Kenobi like this.
  5. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    I definitely think parents should be given a wide range of autonomy and should make medical decisions for their children, but at some point a line has to be drawn.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Cancer runs in my family the way midichlorians run through the Skywalker blood line, so I've seen both sides. Not a decision anyone can make for another person, but my take on it is that, like anything else, the risks/side effects have to be weighed against the effectiveness.

In some situations the extra time that MIGHT be bought by chemo and radiation, is not worth the pain of it. In this case though--90 percent survival rate on a kid? I personally would have made the decision for the chemo.

Regardless, it's sad and there's no point in judging the parents right now.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    unless they have other kids, which, let's be real here: they definitely have other kids

Ender Sai likes this.
  8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Excellent point.

9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Let's see, they need a measure that says marriage is bweteen men and women, another measure that says gays have the right to go to coversion therapy, and another one allowing business to disciminate aginst gays.

Done!

Dang, Sally. Dislike them gays do ya? I wonder how her and her son get along.

10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  11. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    lol "freedom to obtain conversion therapy" lol

VadersLaMent likes this.
  12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Where would this thread be without folks like Huckabee?

I believe most of us would think a beheading is a far greater threat than a sunburn

And other items:
    -----He bemoaned Democrats assailing the GOP about income inequality, blaming over-burdensome regulations and government overreach for stunting economic growth.
    “Sometimes I think the greatest challenge we face economically is intelligence inequality,” Huckabee said to laughs. "We will never be able to build a strong economy when we punish productivity.”-----

Because getting control of 80 people who own half the world's wealth woudl somehow destroy the economy.

-----Huckabee also defended his past support for Common Core standards, saying he supported them when they were controlled at the state level but that once the federal government got involved, he grew opposed.
    “Education is not a federal function-- it is a local function,” he said.-----

Fact: When GOP candidates say education should be loca they mean keep the non-conservative government away so that way they can decide what to teach kids in schools, notable items such as "teach the controversy" follow. And they want to be fully accredited for teaching creationism and history where all the "good stuff" is twisted as a conservative/Republican ideal and match up with all the derp of today's GOP.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I watched Jon Stewart interview him this past week. The derp was fantastic.

Let's see:

1. Those damn city folk just don't get us Southern country folk. (No. City folk are just trying to drag your backwards asses kicking and screaming into the same century the rest of us live in.)

2. Think of the children! All girls love Beyoncé and want a stripper pole for their 12th birthdays! (LOL wut? Most of the tween girls I work with, are into One Direction. And the ones who are into Beyoncé...let's just say the first I've heard of a connection between Beyoncé and stripper poles was not from them, it was from a certain former governor of Arkansas.)

3. Anti-intellectualism. You don't need a Harvard degree to be smart--OK, I agree with that one. I've known some really stupid people with college degrees and some smart people who don't have them. But the idea that people with university educations think everyone who does not have a university education must be dumb--LOL, no. At one time or another, all of us who went to college, had a professor or a classmate who was a ****ing idiot. Probably more than one.

And 'if your car broke down, would you rather have a Harvard grad in a Beamer come by or a couple of good ole' boys with a toolbox?'

Neither. You see, it's 2015. I have something called a "cell phone," which I will use to call something called "Triple A."

14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Huckabee's entire audience live in bubbles, so of course he accusses the rest of living in bubbles. Way to steal from Maher.

15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Okay, point taken. But if I need somebody to make geopolitical decisions about engaging in armed conflict around the globe or fiscal decisions about how best to turn around a flagging economy, I would rather not have the good ol' boys with the toolboxes making the decisions.

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I never hear or read much concerning Jehovah's Witnesses. But apparently someone wants attention:

The leader of JW speaks out

Young people, ask yourself: Why am I considering additional education? Is it because I’m pursuing a specific skill or trade to support my service to Jehovah? Or have I been pressured by the system into believing that higher education will somehow make me a more respected person or lead me to a better life?

Wow. I mean, just forget anything for you, it's all about his imaginary dude in the sky.

I have long said: the better the university, the greater the danger. The most intelligent and eloquent professors will be trying to reshape the thinking of your child, and their influence can be tremendous. One mom, I recall, asked me to try and help her son who was attending a prestigious-name university in Rhode Island. After visiting him, I later had to inform her that her son now believed in evolution. She refused to believe it until he finally told her himself. How sad.

Hey kids, keep voting GOP and you will get the destruction of science. This asshat is proof.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So, Huckabee...uh...seems to think there is a Secular theocracy

Former Fox News host Mike Huckabee said on Thursday that if he was elected president then he would have "God's blessing" to fight a so-called "secular theocracy" that had been imposed by atheists.

SO, when you lose will you then admit that God does not want you fighting secularism? HAHAHAHA, of course not. At least Huckabee is able to act like he is a true believer, Ted Cruz looks liek he is about to crack up with every word that comes out of his mouth and admit it's all nonsense. Maybe the Huck should become an actor. Oh, tool late, no one their likes him.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I think Ted Cruz is fake, but I think his father just might be legit crazy.

If transgender people use public toilets....GOD IS GONNA GET YA!

non-discrimination ordinance was passed in Houston.

-----“An ordinance was passed by city council with a blessing of the mayor that allows men to walk into women’s bathrooms,” Cruz insisted. “It even would allow kids to make football teams to go shower with the girls.”
    “That is a recipe for disaster, for sexual predators, for who knows what,” he continued. “So my call to every Christian is, enough, we can no longer sit comfortable on the pews. And, pastors, you cannot continue to hide behind the pulpit. God will hold you accountable.”
    “You see, we’ve got to realize that the government is promoting a religion,” he opined. “And the religion they are promoting is the religion of secularism. And it is the antithesis of Christianity.”
    [​IMG]

18. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    VadersLaMent I'm a Witness myself and I will not argue over the points made by the member quoted. Other than to say they come from a particular mindset, that many outside the community disagree with. I will say that you are not in danger of us ever voting GOP or Democrat. We don't vote or become involved in any way with politics. We remain neutral in those matters, or as neutral as we can, being only human.

19. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Not sure if this belongs here, but the Daily Mail have been caught making stories up again - this time (possibly) hiring a professional model/actor to play the role of a gym-addicted dole scrounger:
    http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2015/...te-against-benefit-claimants-with-fake-story/

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    oh good goD ALMIGHTY WHERE DO WE GET THESE POPLE??????

I....I just.....wtf

“I have deep love and compassion for all people, as Christ has taught me and by the incredible example of my parents growing up,” Laurie Burchfield said at a House State Affairs Committee hearing on House Bill 2. “With that said, that love and compassion does not mean I condone the LGBT lifestyle.”
    She said the terms sexual orientation and gender identity were “undefined and open up a Pandora’s Box of sexual preferences.”
    “Ladies and gentlemen, do you really want to legalize under this bill pedophilia, sadism, bestiality, necrophilia, exhibitionism, polygamy and many others?” Burchfield asked. “Those are all within this undefined term.”
    [​IMG]

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Ok kids. Here is a lesson in free speech and hypocrisy. The Right will tell you that any business has the right to remove someone from their business for any reason. It's their business, it's their property. Hell, Rick Santorum makes this weird attempt at balancing on a fence when it comes to flat out racism and businesses throwing people out because they hate black people.

SO. The Ford Motor Company. They fired someone recently because he really hates gays. HERE is the article

"For this Ford Motor should be thoroughly ashamed. Endorsing and promoting sodomy is of benefit to no one. This topic is disruptive to the workplace and is an assault on Christians and morality, as well as antithetical to our design and our survival," Banks wrote in the comment. "Immoral sexual conduct should not be a topic for an automotive manufacturer to endorse or promote.

But hey, keep voting GOP where the actual laws will be replaced with some total asswipe's version of the Bible.

22. JuicyKetchup

JuicyKetchup Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2015
    I think he should have been sent to a sensitivity training. Firing someone should be the last resort, not the first one.

23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Your daughter is going to Hell

“My daughter is a Christian and a good person,” a viewer named Brenda told Robertson in an email. “She lives with her boyfriend and plans on marriage, but he has to get a divorce first. Will they go to hell for this sin?”
    “The answer is yes!” Robertson insisted. “She’s a good person, but she’s living in adultery. That’s Hollywood. ‘Oh, he’s a good person, but he just killed five people, and he threw his mother down the steps. But he’s a good person.’”
    “Nonsense!” he exclaimed. “It is adultery! She’s living with a married man who is still married, and she’s a good person? Baloney.”

Many years ago I came across a broadcast like this, it was either Robertson or Falwell, where said religious leader was telling people they are going to Hell for this or that. It was at that point I said to myself, "Perhaps there is a god but religion is bunk."

[​IMG]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    So, is he actually equating committing adultery with being a serial killer?

25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I thought perhaps he was using hyperbole, but this is Robertson.