main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    It's a 'tale as old as time' derp, but doesn't stop me from going :rolleyes: everytime somebody pulls that out.

2. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    [​IMG]

I just felt this thread could use an image of this derp.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    [face_rofl]

I have heard, and rolled my eyes multiple times, at the idea that reproduction was the only reason for marriage. And I'm still waiting for one state, just one, to require fertility tests as a prerequisite for a marriage license.

But the idea that the only reason anyone gets married is due to accidental pregnancy is ****ing hilarious. Pun intended.

4. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Nah that's standard procedure in the rural south.

5. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
  6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Atheists and the ACLU are the American Taliban

There was a quick web page made long agoe called The American Taliban which featured a long list of weird/odd/extreme right winged/religious quotes. Ann Coulter and the Westboro Church were among them. This is an example of hijacking a term, "American Taliban" because someone found it effective. Limbaugh's new fav phrase is "Low Information Voter" which was featured on Real Time with Bill Maher to describe people in the right wing bubble who simply will never even listen or flip a channel and so forth.

7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Extreme right-wingers hijacking stuff and redefining them is nothing new. See "patriotism" and "appeasement" and "tea party".

8. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
  9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Wow lol. And for more than one reason.

Didn't the "rock stars worship Satan" thing kind of die out in the 70's/80's?

And are the implying that the government prohibiting alcohol and "dirty movies" is good, so supporting that makes the KKK more noble?

Talk about fighting last century's lost battles...

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That will never die. Witness Marilyn Manson in the late 90's/early '00's. Recent example: Justin Beiber.

11. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    You better hope those lost battles remain lost. Anyone who's so willing to revise history in order to rehabilitate the KKK is evil by my book.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  12. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    It is what the Dirty Commies are afraid of.

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Kansas bill will require doctors to tell pateints abortion causes breast cancer, even though it doesn't

The state House Federal and State Affairs Committee passed a 70-page bill that would tax abortions, establish life beginning at fertilization, require doctors to say that abortion causes breast cancer and prohibit state employees from performing abortions during the workday. The bill also would require doctors to tell women that abortion causes breast cancer, even though the claim defies scientific fact. The bill is likely to pass.

14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The creationism never stops

This is one of those 'just read' things. I have no comment or smiley that could possibly apply in any way.

15. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Wait...people claim that Justin Beiber worships the devil? That's just...there's not enough faceplams in the world for that. He's in no way cool enough to be affiliated with Satan!

16. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Wow. I can think of only one thing that will shut this group down and that is if science teachers teach that even if radio-carbon (Carbon-14) dating is only good for things less than 50,000 years old, that still beats the creationists claim that the earth is only 6,000 years old. Then maybe the students will realize they are being taught psuedo-science in the creationist materials.

17. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    So Bobby "I hate my desi-ness" Jindal has a degree in biology and he thinks intelligent design is the best science.

This is what politics does to people.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    People will rationalize the fame of somebody they don't like anyway they can.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Quoting Jeff Foxworthy...

And you call us stupid in the South.

Blithe likes this.
  20. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Isn't Justin Beiber a conservative? At least I seem to recall he was.

21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yeah I think his mom is an Evangelical Christian, and he is too

22. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    I ironically saw that movie that he released a few years ago, and he does, indeed, pray a lot.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    To Satan?

Darth-Lando and Blithe like this.
  24. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I think churches should be required to teach science in the spirit of "critique." [face_talk_hand] And don't cite the 1st Amendment at me; if "religious views" can be introduced into public schools then churches must reciprocate.

Duh!!!! What happened to religion being taught at home and in churches? Must they take over everything?

25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    It's going around the net right now that Beyonce is demon possessed. It's a theory mostly based on those ugly faces she made at the Super Bowl. My refutation is much like Lando's: if Beyonce had sold her soul to the devil, her music would be better.