main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    People like her are the reason we can't have nice things.

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Uh, I think Hilary is a bit past "hormone (r)age." :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  4. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    "You see?! Ar has spoken, He wants your children!"

Bare with me, you may have heard this joke before. A bunch of terrorists hijack airplanes and smash them into buildings killing thousands of people. So the priest says, "See? Abortions! Gays! Removing prayer from schools! Removing God from government! The Aristocrats!" [face_laugh] :) [face_plain] :(

5. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    [​IMG]

Chris Christie of all people talking about self-control. I'm not even a big pro-pot guy, but come on.

6. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Here's the link

Marco Rubio says:

"I also don't believe that your sexual preferences are a choice for the vast and enormous majority of people,"

MY. GOD. A Republican actually says that homosexuality is not a choice, at least most of the time. Well **** me! Maybe he is The One! Neo? He's a wimp compared to this guy! **** Clinton! She is nothing compared to this young new hip dude!

"It's not that I'm against gay marriage. I believe the definition of the institution of marriage should be between one man and one woman," Rubio responded.

WELL. ****. I mean really. You say you are not against but then say it's between one man and one women therefore you are against gay marriage you stupid ass.

Huckabee? A liar but he has his act together. Cruz? A liar but he has his act together. Rubio? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! He's a clown.

[​IMG]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    I'm gonna parse this out, but I'm going to sound like a Rubio supporter--I'm not, but I find lack of nuance just as annoying when Republicans do it.

He's saying that he personally thinks that it should be one man and one woman, but that he's not going to try to stop states from redefining marriage if that's what they want. Just as you can be personally against abortion, like me, but I also believe people should have the freedom to choose that for themselves. I commend him for trying to be nuanced in how he phrased that, but most everyone else is going to see, "He's a hypocrite! He's not against it but he said he thinks it should be one way. Burn him! Burn him at the stake!"

I don't like his politics, but let's be real here: he never said he would oppose the idea of states deciding for themselves to institute gay marriage.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    But it's Rubio. He's trying to dance and he is not good at it. This is the same guy who flip flopped on immigration to appeal to the base.

9. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
  10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I watched the vid just for the hate crime comment. So then, what essentially people need to do but won't is exercise their free speech by say, burning a confederate flag? Send dude videos of it happening over and over? take it down when they are not there? I guess that might break a tresspassing law though.

11. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    I know, he's a lackluster candidate, but he did at least try to come off as reasonable even though it failed badly.

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    SHE'S BACK!

“That’s how God wanted it, and again, it’s my belief and how I run my household and how I am,” Cheryl Rios, the CEO of Go Ape Marketing in Dallas, said on CNN’s “New Day.”
    She said: “Like I believe in the woman should cook the meal for the man
    “By no means am I saying every woman out there who doesn’t do what I do is a bad female

In other words, do as she says, not as she does.

14. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I literally just came here to post that. She likens it to the decreasing time span of labor pains.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I've heard the first argument way to many times. Haven't heard the abortion argument come up though.

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I like how he tries to explain it away once questioned: “It is still too new to do a rigorous causation analysis using statistical methods,” That is some word salad right there. They get paid to sit there and come up with that nonsense.

Paid by? The Koch brothers, among others.

-----------------------------------------------------

California drought. Cause? Worshipping false gods

"A false god is one that you really do worship because you think it is godlike," Prager stated. "God created nature. Nature is subservient to God. Nature is created for the human being. Today it is the opposite. Where I live in Southern California, the reason we have no water is not because of drought, it is because of the worship of nature. For example, the incredible amount of water that is taken from humans in order to save some six-inch fish. This is the worship of nature."

Beck adds:

but Beck agreed and used the discussion to reiterate his belief that the world is unknowingly worshiping the false gods Baal and Moloch.

[​IMG]

20. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
  21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Authorities say the couple — who have been married more than 50 years and own multiple pieces of property in Coos and Linn counties — tried a number of schemes to hide their assets from the government, including setting up trusts into which they transferred property titles; opening and using bank accounts in those trusts’ names; filing a bankruptcy petition to stop collection efforts; and depositing more than $110,000 into a “warehouse bank” in an attempt to conceal their ownership of the money.

Wow. Makes me wonder why we cannot go after mega corporations who are holding trillions in offshore accounts.

22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Football injuries? PHHHHHHHHT. Getting prayer in schools will fix that.

---Now see, I remember growing up in the inner city of Atlanta, Georgia. I went to Grady High School and I played football and we didn’t have all this high-speed gear and everything like that, there was no such thing about ‘targeting.’ I mean, you were not a tough football player unless you did try to hit someone head-on. And even in high school, before every game at Grady Stadium, the pastor would come down and pray before every football game. I don’t remember catastrophic injuries. I don’t remember anyone getting carted off that field paralyzed.
    See, there’s something about the power of prayer.---

WELL. There you go. Had Junior Seau prayed before a game or had a preacher pray before a game he would never have suffered and killed himself due to them head injuries. On Limbaugh's show football comes up alot. Trying to have some safety parameter is a liberal conspiracy. Trying to have a safety parameter is the wussification of America. These players know what they are getting into so **** 'em. So get that prayer and god back in school, or else God will kill another football player.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That really, really pisses me off.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    V-2 likes this.
  25. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I've never heard of this one before.....