main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Ruben Diaz has always been a nut. Knew it was him even before I clicked the article.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Alex Jones + Tucker Carlson

Ready?

Tucker Carlson suggested the Obama administration is engaging in "Nazi stuff" by using ethnic politics, and wants to confiscate all the country's firearms and put people "in jail for even having them."

Alex Jones "believes" the government perpetrated mass catastrophes like the September 11 attacks, the Oklahoma City bombing, the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster, the Boston Marathon bombing, and several mass shootings. (Note: i don't think Alex Jones believes any such things, he is another con man)

"They categorize people by race in a way that, you know, you can't even imagine -- 30 years ago you would have said, 'Wait a second, that's like Nazi stuff.'"

Jones and Carlson also exchanged compliments. Jones told Carlson "it's great to see Daily Caller out there and DrudgeReport.com, and WorldNetDaily covering a lot of the same issues we cover, doing a better job in many cases. We do a better job in some. I'm not in competition, I want to save this country."

--------------------------------------------Watching Tucker Carlson on Fox makes me want to vomit. he has the same look on his face that Ted Cruz has; it says "I can't believe they pay me to lie to you idiots HAHAAHA".

And I don't believe for a second that Fox news truly dislikes Jones, for one one of their employees would not be allowed on his show and also it is all a part of the same station owned spectrum of the right wing that is Clear Channel and the Koch Brothers.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    All I needed to read, right there.

4. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Climate change. Jeb Bush. See where this is going? Well, he attempts a new twist trying to get his cake and eat it too.

People who believe in MAN MADE climate change are arrogant

“Look, first of all, the climate is changing. I don’t think the science is clear what percentage is man-made and what percentage is natural. It’s convoluted. And for the people to say the science is decided on, this is just really arrogant, to be honest with you,” he said.
    “It’s this intellectual arrogance that now you can’t even have a conversation about it. The climate is changing, and we need to adapt to that reality,” he said.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So what he is attempting here is appealing to reasonable people without leaving behind the ridiculous. Yep, that there warming is global but Jimminy Crickets them scientists are arrogant if they think man made....in other words OIL COMPANIES...is the culprit.

Our own Grand Admiral Jello made a comment years ago that one aspect of GWB's election was that he presented himself as a harmless moron. Jeb is gonna try the same thing with a twist or two as if he is smarter.

5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    It'll be ok that this dude molested children, it brought him and his family closer to God

^^This is why Roman emperors chose Christianity.

I wonder why this anti-gay pastor had to resign?

Gee, what could it be?

Until 2 p.m. on Monday, the ‘Our Church Staff’ section of St. John’s Lutheran Church and School’s website described Reverend Matthew Makela as an associate pastor who enjoys, “family, music, home improvement, gardening and landscaping, and sports.”
    Screenshots obtained by Queerty from a source who asked that his name be withheld shed light on some of the Reverend’s other favorite past times — namely nude make out sessions and sex with other men.

Well heck, I didn't expect that at all.

6. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    This whole Duggar molestation thing just makes me think they're even creepier than they already are. Those poor girls had nothing to look forward in life to except being brood mares, and then this.....I hope their show gets cancelled.

7. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    VadersLaMent likes this.
  8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

Holy hell.

“They are no more perfect a family than any family, but their Christian witness is not marred in our eyes because following Christ is not a declaration of our perfection, but of HIS perfection,” he wrote.

Than any family. Really. Really? Yeah, derp of the day.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Wonder how he would've felt if they were Democrats.

Or not white.

Peace,

V-03

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    The only cold comfort I take from this is that it was never likely he was going to be President anyways. This just put his chances at 0%.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I just saw a link indicating that "19 Kids and Counting" has been pulled from TLC's schedule. Some anti-derp there.

12. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    [​IMG]

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm posting this here because the entire set-up of the Duggars--clown car uterus, attempts to shelter children from the "sinful" real-world, and the promotion of their lifestyle as something "pure"--is derptastic, which is why the entire Josh scenario has been sadly unsurprising.

Anti-derp summation

14. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Redirecting the conversation over here:

He molested girls younger than himself, his own sisters. The youngest of his sisters at the time was four years old. This isn't a game of doctor gone out of hand, he touched them while they were sleeping. I hesitate to call a fourteen year old evil, but he didn't commit some "mistake", it was deliberate and it was compounded by his parents' and church's inability to get him proper treatment.

This is also a guy who has spoken out against gay marriage and whose mother spoke out against transgender equality laws because of concerns about how it would affect children. Well it certainly appears that Josh Duggar is a much bigger threat to kids than gays and transgender people could ever be.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Indeed. And in response to the question about holding it against him--yes, I absolutely would, precisely because sexual assault is not "a mistake" and I don't care how "sorry" he is pretending to be.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
    What if it was your son who came to you, admitted he had been touching girls inappropriately, and wanted to apologize and ask forgiveness from them and from you? Would you hold it against him even then?

Also, did you ever have boys touching you that way when you were in high school? I'm asking a serious question here. Would you bring them up on molestation charges after all this time?

Holding a person's sin against them after they've come clean, admitted their wrongdoing, and asked forgiveness is a sin in itself. You don't have to forget, but you do need to forgive.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Mike Hickabee's defense of him is disgusting.

Edit: Skywalker Numbers, why are you so hellbent on defending him?

18. Skywalker8921

Jun 9, 2011
    Post in a nutshell: Josh didn't something he shouldn't have; will likely haunt him for rest of his life, asked forgiveness and admitted what he did was wrong, and people are still judging him. That is WRONG.

19. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    That would be great if he wanted to apologize to everyone, but if he had broken the law, there would still be consequences to be paid. That's not "holding it against him." That's the law.

20. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006

He molested his sisters. They have to live with that trauma, and they'll be haunted for the rest of their lives. If the Duggar parents and their church didn't help Josh at all, how likely is it that the Duggar sisters got any therapy for what their older brother did to them?

Also since when did apologizing mean that you couldn't be judged for your actions? Great, he apologized. Doesn't mean I have to throw my hands up and never look badly upon the guy again.

21. Skywalker8921

Jun 9, 2011
    I agree the Duggars made a grave mistake in sending Josh to talk with the officer, but what's wrong with wanting to keep the matter private? If Josh had done it again and again after that, then he would need to face the consequences of the law. As far as we know, he has not done it since. Should jail for any person who commits a crime for the first time always be automatic? Or would trying to get them the help they need without exposing them to prison be a better option?

I want to emphasize something here, because I'm certain people will not hesitate to tear me apart for what I said: what Josh did was very wrong, but it could have been much, much worse. If he had raped a girl, then I say he would need to serve jail time. But for touching girls inappropriately? I don't think it's necessary.

Edit: Point Given, Josh has broken the trust of many people. Quite frankly, I was shocked when I heard it, but after reading his apology, I believe he has turned a corner and will never do anything like that again. It was over ten years ago. I'll repeat what I said to anakinfansince1983 - it's hard to forget, but try to forgive.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    This "discussion" is hilarious, unsurprising, and definitely in the correct thread.

23. Skywalker8921

Jun 9, 2011
    Can you answer my questions?

24. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    No.

"Wrong" is that the statute of legal limitations for prosecution has expired. That's wrong. Judging him for his crimes--and yes, they are crimes--is justice. I'm pleased to see that he had enough of a conscience to admit his actions and acknowledge their depravity, but that neither excuses them nor entitles him to a clean slate, from anyone.

The fact is, Governor Huckabee's defense of him is disingenuous and political. He's using Josh's profession of faith as an excuse to justify a series of horrific acts, and further his plan to garner social conservative votes by calling for more religion in government and the public square via the force of alw.

If Mr. Duggar were an African-American Muslim, Governor Huckabee would be leading the charge to have him drawn-and-quartered. That is also a fact. 'Forgiveness' in this instance is based on circumstance, nothing more.

Judged by G-d? Fine. But in a court of law? Never gonna happen. If he has to endure the scorn of his peers for the rest of his life, then that is justice.

And I'm fine with that.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd take it further; I don't believe a word he says about how sorry he is for his behavior. I think it's a little too convenient that he waited until the statute of limitations expired to own up to it.

I definitely agree that sexual assault should not have a statute of limitations, or at least, it should be a hell of a lot longer.