main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

Yes. This is the same person who has used Answers In Genesis as a serious source in a book.

2. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    What is she, a pre-cog?

No, that's giving her too much credit....

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  3. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The American Revolution. The anti-slavery movement. Women's suffrage. The Civil Rights movement. Charles Koch. What is Koch comparing to these movements in history?

Resisting government regulation

“History demonstrates that when the American people get motivated by an issue of justice that they believe is just, extraordinary things can be accomplished,” Koch told 450 wealthy conservatives assembled in the ballroom of a lavish oceanfront resort here.

There they are. So much money, oceanfront resort...SO OPPRESSED!

Civil Rights? This guy was a part of the John Birch Society which thought the Civil Rights movement was communist.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The Large Hadron Collider is the new Tower of Babel and will destroy us all!!!!

WWWWeeeeell, there was already a Tower of babel and yet here we are. And this reminds me of the DC Comics mythology of a scientist billions of years prior who views the origin of the Universe and is punished for reaching too far and the universe is split into what we see and the Anti matter Universe. in DC Comics we get super powers. In this jackass'es...jackass'...jackas...this dude's world we only get him and his religion.

--------------------------------

Why do we need sacturary cities against gay marriage? Uh...Because evil mexicans?

[face_dunno]

6. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Let's see what items are in the bill the GOP is offering to defund Planned parenthood. I'm sure it is all logical and well reasoned and based on proper ethics.

Here we go

introduced by Rep. Walter Jones (NC) on July 29, calls on the House to “consider legislation to protect traditional marriage and prevent taxpayer funding of abortion.”
    The resolution begins by stating that the United States is based on “Judeo-Christian principles” and notes that the “creator is explicitly mentioned in the Declaration of Independence.”
    [face_plain]
    The resolution also says the Supreme Court “invalidated the wishes of States that prohibited same-sex marriage” in its historic Obergefell v. Hodges ruling in June. It goes on to accuse Planned Parenthood of killing “50,000,000 unborn children.”
    :rolleyes:
    Before demanding the House take up four bills related to abortion and LGBT rights, the resolution cites two Bible verses.

“Whereas in Jeremiah 1:5 the Bible reads ‘Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee.'; and Whereas in 1 Timothy 4:1–5 the Bible reads ‘Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils': Now, therefore, be it Resolved, That the House of Representatives calls upon the Speaker to encourage committee chairs to schedule the following legislation for immediate committee consideration, then follow through with scheduling votes on the House floor if they are reported favorably by their respective committees.”

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It's been 15 years since I lived in Jones' district and could offer a proper "go **** yourself" at the ballot box.

8. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    VLM, you lost me at Rep. Walter Jones.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Ann Coulter is still relevant?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I would love it if someone told me that Huckabee did not really say this and the derp is on me.

[​IMG]

And why should we, Mike?

...Oh. Right. Sounds like a personal problem to me.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, he did, a couple of years ago. I think it was covered in this very thread in fact.

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I thoguht this was fake when I first saw it as it came from a batch of web pages that are essentially Poe's Law tests. They are not satire, they are designed to look like something someone would say but is totally fictional. Well, HERE YOU WILL FIND this piece of garbage making an apology.

"If a woman has [the right to an abortion], why shouldn’t a man be free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman?" Lockman wrote. "At least the rapist’s pursuit of sexual freedom doesn’t [in most cases] result in anyone’s death."
    Lockman released a statement Wednesday in which he said he regrets his comments.
    "I have always been passionate about my beliefs, and years ago I said things that I regret," the statement read. "I hold no animosity toward anyone by virtue of their gender or sexual orientation, and today I am focused on ensuring freedom and economic prosperity for all Mainers."

One thing I am tired of is a politician who says something racist, sexist, makes rape look harmless, cheats on their wife, and just claims they are so passionate about America they just make mistakes.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  15. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
  16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    World Net Daily...

Yeah I know, but it's via Rightwingwatch so you don't have to give WND clicks. And what, do you ask, is the WND saying?

Nothing, they just caught a demon running across the screen when Obama visited Kenya.

17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Unbelievable. Just wow.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  20. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
    As someone who lives in Michigan, it's too cloudy most of the time to make solar power feasible.

Just saying.

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    "The best defense against ******** is vigilance. So if you smell something, say something."

22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well, that's somewhat of a new twist on an old theme.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    God is more real to me than clouds--Huckabee

Hyperbole?

“I’m not a person who has doubted God,” he answered in calm and sure tones. “I would more likely doubt the existence of clouds…God is much more real to me than the clouds, or anything else.”
    He adds that his faith “is not abstract. It’s not just something mentally that I believe in. It’s something that I’ve truly felt, experienced in my whole being and life.”

He actually says in the video he has flown through clouds but never put his hands on them. Chris Matthews had a good line this past week concerning Huckabee. he said he thinks the "good old boy Huck" is just a trick, that he is truly a vicious man.

25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Hey kids. Trump. Megyn Kelly. Have something bad to say about Trump on the matter? Then you're a Nazi

What has followed has been 48-hours of the most disgusting pieces of political analyses I have ever heard in my life. A plu-perfect example of the insight of Hitler's Minister of Propaganda Joseph Goebbels: "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." There was not a word said, not a hint, not a suggestion, that Donald Trump ever said Megyn Kelly asked her lead question of him because she was menstruating. Say again... not... a... word. Not one. This is -- there is no other word for it -- a Goebbels-esque lie.

[​IMG]