main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    So, the stock market fix. Could it be the 1% screwing us over? Could it be the failing of markets in China bringing us down with them?

HA HA! No it's God because Planned Parenthood evil baby killers you blatgarbggargar!

Other things God did because Pat Robertson said he did:

• In 1985 he said that a hurricane that killed eight people in the Northeast had been diverted away from Virginia after Robertson and his staff prayed for it to miss them. (Robertson's headquarters is in Virginia Beach.)
    • In 1998, Robertson said that fires in Florida could be the result of Disney World's efforts to appeal to gay tourists, adding future consequences could include "terrorist bombs," hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, and "possibly a meteor."
    • In 2001, Jerry Falwell appeared on Robertson's show and blamed the 9/11 terrorist attacks on feminists, gays, lesbians, the ACLU, "pagans," and "abortionists." Responded Robertson: "I totally concur."
    • In 2006, Robertson said that Ariel Sharon's stroke was retribution for giving land to Palestinians.
    • In 2010, Robertson said that the devastating Haiti earthquake was a consequence of a pact with the devil that Haitians had sworn at the time they revolted against the French.
    • In 2012, Robertson said that deadly Midwestern storms were the consequence of people not praying enough.

2. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    This is a list of fake news sites They are made for purposes of satire and/or to catch people with Poe' Law.

Unfortunately this next item is not on the list.

Let's see, we got abortion, evolution, Bible trumps law, sterilization...

As Christians, we need to remember that what is legal is not necessarily moral in God’s sight. Morality is not determined by popular or judicial opinion, but by what the Bible says.

“The Bible clearly affirms that human life is not the product of impersonal chance plus time. Man did not evolve from lower forms of life. God directly created man in His image, which means that we have the capability of rational thought, personality and moral responsibility. Someone may argue that this is simply a matter of faith. I would say that it is a matter of reasonable faith. The view that something as complex as human life is the product of pure chance is a matter of unreasonable faith, because there is simply no evidence or other example of such complexity arising from random chance.”

Women who are pro-abortion and who choose an abortion or have had one in the past should be sterilized by doctors, as punishment and a lesson not to be forgotten. A lesson about the preciousness of every life, and especially the most defenseless one.”

And to think his church is tax free and stuff.

3. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012

Exodus 21:20-21 – "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property."

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 - "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives."

Arawn_Fenn, Abadacus and VadersLaMent like this.
  4. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Ever wonder why us non-religious folks might seem...oh...a little pissy?

It's because for example a law school...a Christian law school...

Teaches that the Bible trumps the laws of the land. That the government can push religion on you so long as it's Christianity. And along with this article as is evident in the last few elections fully half this country is prepared to vote for this, or more accurately vote for the garbage can full of right wing nonsense that is a part of crap like this.

The Patheos author of this article says "omg they don't know the Constitution." Bull. They know exactly what they are doing, they know the Constitution very well. It make sit easier to lie about it.

Abadacus likes this.
  5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    So, a GOP billionaire hedge fund manager mocked Mrs Clinton some time ago:

Dear Abby,
    My husband is a liar and a cheat. He has cheated on me from the beginning, and when I confront him, he denies everything. What’s worse, everyone knows that he cheats on me. It is so humiliating. Also, since he lost his job 14 years ago, he hasn’t even look for a new one. All he does all day is smoke cigars, cruise around and shoot the bull with his buddies, while I have to work to pay the bills. Since our daughter went away to college he doesn’t even pretend to like me, and even hints that I may be a lesbian. What should I do?
    Signed Clueless.
    Dear Clueless,
    Grow up and dump him. Good grief woman! You don’t need him anymore! You’re running for President of the United States. Act like one.

Ahem. Turns out he had an Ashley Madison account

OHHHHHHHHDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    VadersLaMent likes this.
  7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    So here is how you make the job of secretary an insult

Because God said one can discriminate based on gender. And it all has to do with Hobby Lobby and opposition to the minimum wage. But God said it's ok.

So an attempt at compliment, "warm and inviting", is used to place women in a subservient position as secretary. Why is it subservient? Because by not saying women are made to be in positions of power such as CEo or President it keeps them in the place he wants them...ie...out of positions of power.

This is actual sexism.

-----------------

Ben Carson says "There is no war on women. There may be a war on what’s inside of women, but there is no war on women in this country."

[face_dunno]

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL. Apparently no woman has ever stepped out of her "warm, hospitable" caricature in order to tell him to go **** himself.

Abadacus, Juliet316 and VadersLaMent like this.
  9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Since God forgives them, we have no right to criticize, remember?

Abadacus likes this.
  11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Hey you! Yeah, you! Did ya lose a child because some disturbed fellow got a gun and shot said child dead?

Well be a Vulcan and get a hold of them emotions

You sillys. You shouldn't devote your life to proper gun control legislation just because a family member was blown away. You'd just be feeding the dreams of the Evil Kenyan Overlord!

12. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Kimball told me to be less emotional after a mass shooting in the Gun Control thread once.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    First, anti-derp.

Kentucky clerk's lawsuit failed. She has to serve gays marriage licenses

Of course she says she'll have to pray to God about it and see what happens. To be continued...

------------------------

Second. Uh. Well. So. Apparently God is into...

GOLDEN SHOWERS

The vid is loaded(lol) with every innuendo you can imagine.

Pour out spirit on people, elevator, showered in gold, gold of heaven, "I looked like I was painted in gold", "these people are on for the ride".

I googled a bit. Someone please tell me this is fake. Please. pls.

14. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh, the thing about gold dust falling on people has been going around a lot of prosperity circles since like the nineties. People would say that like one of their services gold dust fell on everyone out of the air and stuff. Such nonsense.

I will admit that I've never seen a dramatic re-enactment of it before. That is certainly taking it up a notch.

15. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, she's going to get a real Come to Jesus moment when she appears before a court judge tomorrow, but it won't be the spiritual nirvana one she desires.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Most of all, why doesn't she just retire?

I can agree, in principle, that there are things Christians probably shouldn't do. Even where it's legal, for instance, (eg Germany, Holland, Las Vegas) I would hope they aren't running brothels. But you know what people usually do in these situations? Go into a profession that doesn't directly conflict with their morals. Who is holding a gun to her head to make her take this job that she doesn't feel like she can actually do? How is that the state's fault?

17. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Or short of retirement, why don't they transfer her into another position? Who is over a county clerk? A county commission? A state board?

18. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Don't punish her with promotion. She's breaking the law, at worst she should be sacked, if her employer is sympathetic they then move her sideways so she doesn't gain.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Apparently god told her to get in trouble

She will now be held in contempt of court. Hearing this Thursday.

After one couple was rebuffed, Davis emerged from a back office to explain that she would not be issuing any licenses.
    “Under whose authority?” someone demanded.
    “Under God’s authority,” Davis said.

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. darth-calvin

darth-calvin Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 10, 2002
    At this point I am 99% certain she is only holding in order to get a flood of donations from the zealots who support her (like the pizza place and cake baker). It's a pretty solid retirement strategy cuz those idiots will donate in order to prove the worthiness of their souls to gawd.

I'm hoping for this fake news headline from somewhere: Kentucky Clerk's Husband Du Jour Admits It's A Donation Scam. The zealots are pretty stupid so they'd probably fall for it and she'd be cut off before the money starts rolling in.

21. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Apparently the couples who are suing her for refusing to issue them marriage licenses have all specifically asked that she not be sent to jail. I presume that's because they don't want to make a martyr out of her. Personally, I don't care if they make a martyr out of her or not. She can have a nice shrine to herself outside her cell door, and she can accept worshippers during visiting hours, if she behaves herself.

22. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    After the scandal with the bakery, didn't GoFundMe institute a new policy whereby people could not use their site to help pay fines of this nature?

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Apparently Kim Davis' marriage timeline is a tad convoluted.

She married husband 1, had twins with husband 3, divorced husband 1, married husband 2 who adopted her kids, divorced husband 2, married husband 3, divorced husband 3, then remarried husband 2. THE ARISTOCRATS!

---------------------

Stay at home mom?

Well everything better be clean, the child is clean and squared away, a hot meal should be waiting for the husband when he gets home and:

In April, Lytell also said that he was proud of a “male leadership” sign outside the church and that this is a man’s world.

“Don’t you be ashamed to go to a church with male leadership,” Lytell said at the time. “Every church that’s right with God oughta have a sign: ‘Male Leadership.’ Because that’s the only kind of leadership, both from Adam all the way to the last part of the Bible. It’s all been male. This is a man’s world!”

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Huck

Kim Davis in federal custody removes all doubts about the criminalization of Christianity in this country. We must defend #ReligiousLiberty!
    1:20 PM - 3 Sep 2015

I'm headed to Kentucky on Tuesday to stand with #KimDavis. We must end the criminalization of Christianity! #ImWithKim
    4:08 PM - 3 Sep 2015

What a world, where Hillary Clinton isn't in jail but #KimDavis is. #ImWithKim
    3:23 PM - 3 Sep 2015