main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    Sometime ago some pastors got together and decided to put together a list of the sins most offensive to God according to the Bible. Apparently sex is massively heinous. I don't have a source other than the pastor of a church I sometimes attend said it. I want to say there were 4 total items on the list but I can't remember the rest cos I was making faces. In his defense I do believe him a pious and honest man who really does study not only the Bible but the times in which it was written to give it context.

No word on what version they read, but there has been some calling into question the actual definition of original language words used - ie, the "no laying with a man" verse that homophobes love to quote may be grossly mistranslated. But hey, fear mongering pays off so let's not kill a cash cow right?

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I think the basic idea is that anything they think you might find more enjoyable than their authority, which they will claim is backed by God, should be removed.

And as far as them repressing people then getting caught themselves, it just adds credibility to the quote: To the common man religion is true, to the Wise it's false, and to the rulers it is useful.

Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  3. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012

Surely you're not suggesting that one type of politically leaning people incorporate religious beliefs into their sociopolitical philosophies are you? I was foolishly under the impression that legislation was based on life in the real world. What a fool I've been.

4. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

hey so im just curious, has an alternative translation been proposed? ive heard similar comments about verses like "walking on water" actually being "walking beside the water", but ive actually never heard this particular claim before

5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  6. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    I suggest nothing, only that I've been told the general thought among protestant pastors at the very least is that sex other than male/female within the bond of marriage is considered as bad as blasphemy.

As things go, one can usually find a reason why things would be written that way, but that is a bit boggling, though VadersLaMent has a good point.

Rogue_Ten I don't actually know. I've not gone looking and Im not often around people who might be a trustworthy source. If I ever read a breakdown of the actual words used and such, the source has to be super legit, yanno?

7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Remember when Pope Francis said the Vatican should do everything it can to stop the molesting of children by priests?

Yeah, about that...

Apparently there is Civil Law that says they are not obligated to report said abuse. So.

---------------------------------

The Tenth Commandment (do not covet your neighbor's stuff) applies to you the non-rich. But the 8th(sometimes 7th) Commandment (Don't steal) does not apply to rich folks.

So here is Bachmann telling you rich people stealing is a lie and higher taxes for rich folks goes against the 10th Commandment

So, they can take what they want and it's not stealing no matter how many politicians they pay off and you are not allowed to be upset about because Commandments.

(Derpity do do)

8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    How to stop them evil gays.

Every mayor should be Christian!

the need for conservative Christians to not only vote, but to run for office, saying that if every city in America had a Christian mayor, we wouldn’t have “evil” and “wicked” policies like LGBT nondiscrimination measures.

“And we got a woman and her goal is the gay-lesbian agenda,” Graham said, “trying to get transgenders into the bathrooms so that if a person wakes up in the morning and they feel like they’re a woman that’s a man and he wants to go into a ladies’ restroom then they can do that. And that’s her goal. And I can tell you right now that that’s wicked and that’s evil. Men belong in men’s bathrooms and women belong in women’s bathrooms and we don’t need men and predators going into women’s bathrooms, I’m just telling you.”

--------------------------------

Not enough to convince you the religious right is trying to take over government?

This North Carolina Republican says his main goal is to push Christianity into Congress

Robert Pittenger told the crowd that his first priority is to represent Jesus in Congress, not his constituents back at home. He also suggested that anybody in Congress who disagrees with him can’t possibly be a Christian.
    “The most important message that needs to be heard in this city is the Gospel and love of Christ,” Pittenger said. “This transforms lives.”
    “We’ve seen some court rulings that have unsettled us, causes great pain in our heart for our country. I don’t hold fault with those who believe different than me. They just don’t know my savior. They don’t know the one who loved me and gave himself for me. And that’s my mission. That’s my primary mission as a member of Congress. Yes, to serve my constituents, to serve my region, and my state, and my country — but we’re here as emissaries for Christ.”
    ---------------------------------------------------
    This Arizona mayor had a Rabbi removed from the room so they could pray because that's what freedom means

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Where the hell is this country going? Certainly not towards "love your neighbor."

10. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    No one with an ounce of compassion or decency would base their reporting of molestation on whether or not they were "obligated" to do so. Somethings I don't need to feel "obligated" to do; I would just do them because every bit of humanity in me tells me that its right.

VadersLaMent and Valairy Scot like this.
  11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Here goes Steve Anderson again

“You know what they mean [by women’s rights]?” Anderon asked his flock.
    “The right to divorce your husband is what they mean. You know what they mean? The right to rebel and disobey your husband, the right to divorce him, the right to go out and get a job and make your own money, the right to tell him what to do, the right to go vote for our leaders as if women should have any say in how our country is run when the Bible says that “I suffer not a woman to teach, not to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence”?
    I AM QUOTING THE BIBLE RIGHT NOW!
    But it’s old-fashioned…”

Along with his nonsense comes the information that Dave Barton says the same things and he is very good buddies with Glenn Beck and is in fact in charge of the SuperPac of Presidential candidate Ted Cruz.

Dave Barton Ted Cuz Superpac

12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    So. Scalia passed away. The Nomination Wars have begun. Let's see how the GOP voters are handling this.

You might wanna put on your tin foil hat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In my heart of hearts I believe Scalia met the same fate as Andrew Breitbart, he was only 49. Then the coroner who was going to report his findings was poisoned.
    There is pure evil at work here.

I’ve never met anyone more evil than a Leftist. They have 3 kinds of hate. Self-hate, jealous hate for their own and hate for everyone who disagrees with them. I REALLY don’t know why Conservatives don’t pound these haters daily for being such evil people. They seethe. We have to start letting the world know their main motivators are their own weakness, jealousy, greed for what others have and hate, hate, hate.

Did Obama kill Scalia? And did Obama kill Loretta Fuddy, the individual responsible for authenticating Barack Hussein Obama’s long form birth certificate? She was the only ONE of NINE passengers to die in a plane crash 1/2 mile off the coast of Hawaii. And why is there almost NO documentation available confirming Obama’s mythical “life story?”

[​IMG]

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, yeah, Alex Jones is in on that **** too.

Conspiracy theorists are so damn stupid.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  14. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Don't you get it Anakinfan? Scalia didn't simply croak from natural causes. No, it was actually a carefully orchestrated and highly sinister plot implemented by the Illuminati Reptilian NWO Yodeling, Sewing, and Baking Grannies brigade.

15. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Rumor has it that the Jedi were involved, as well. Or so Emperor Palpatine says.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The Jedi are far too encroached in the government, and the government mandates that all children get vaccinated for the purpose of weakening them and making them more dependent on government. It also hired the CIA agent Osama Bin Laden to blow up the World Trade Center, forged both Obama's birth certificate and the 1969 moon landing, AND hides from the public evidence that aliens and Hutts are taking over the galaxy.

Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton and Obi-Wan Kenobi killed Scalia. Stop letting the MSM fool you. Only Alex Jones tells the truth.

17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

Yeah, the rancher says he found him with a pillow over his head and the rancher is apparently in a picture shaking hands with Obama and the rancher is a Democrat and Scalia said something bad about an Obama policy recently. Let the fun begin.

18. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    But... but.. It's ...

Wait who is claiming he was killed? The timing is way too off to be beneficial to conservatives :confused:

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The biggest name in the right wing media going after the murder theory is Savage.

20. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    It was Professor Plum in the library with the candlestick :)

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Here's a bunch in one place

According to Jones, Scalia had likely been murdered by President Obama in much the same manner the president killed conservative gadfly Andrew Breitbart, who died on a Brentwood sidewalk from a heart attack.
    “You just get used to this, ‘Scalia found, it’s natural, nothing going on here, he just died naturally,’” Jones stated. “And you’re like, ‘Whoa. Red flag.’ Then you realize, Obama is one vote away from being able to ban guns, open the borders and actually have the court engage in its agenda — and now Scalia dies. I mean, this is hard core.”

[​IMG]

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Time to stockpile dried meat and cans of beans in that underground bunker.

AmySolo likes this.
  23. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    80 year old man with known extensive heart disease dies from heart disease.

RED FLAG

24. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

Don't forget our childhood favorite in Spam. That is a must. :)

25. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    FFS.

*sigh*