main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It's spelled "Ingraham"

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm gonna get an earthquake? Sweet! That Virginia earthquake entertained me for weeks!

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

I hope she sees my misspelling and is offended.

4. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000

Hadn't heard that one yet. ****ing ****.

VadersLaMent and Juliet316 like this.
  5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    [​IMG]

See that? Apparently the Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice think or want you to think this is real.

Witch hunters!

The cleric didn't doubt the details of the incident. "Some magicians may ride a broom and fly in the air with the help of the jinn [supernatural beings]," he said.

In May, two Asian maids were sentenced to 1,000 lashings and 10 years in prison after their bosses claimed that they had suffered from their magic. Just a few weeks ago, Saudi newspapers began running the image of an Indonesian maid being pursued on accusations that she produced a spell that made her male boss's family subject to fainting and epileptic fits. "I swear that we do not want to hurt her but to stop her evil acts against us and others,"

The courts are controlled by judges -- commonly religious clerics -- who have unlimited latitude to interpret and define the content of witchcraft crime, the details of which are not articulated in a spare, barely existent penal code. They can also mete out capital punishments as they see fit.

6. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Lolz Saudi Arabia. Of course.

I just love how there are people who whine about Sharia law taking over U.S. and yet the U.S. is allied with Saudi Arabia. You know, a country that uses one of the strictest/harshest interpretations of Sharia law in the world.

I have nothing against Saudi culture. I have no problems with how they dress, what foods they eat, what holidays they celebrate, etc. But the fact that the U.S. is allied with a country that uses a highly outdated and puritanical legal system, not to mention the ridiculous rules they have for women there, is just laughable.

7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Well, it's primarily an oil thing.

The power hungry Obama made over 600 Executive Orders!

Nope. 260. Glenn beck did a clever thing on his show from time to time where he would lie like this and then tell his audience not to take his word for it and go look up the information. But of course most of them won't. This falls right into that propaganda umbrella. Just make it up, they won't go find out.

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000

My favorite bit is how the people who get freaked out about Sharia law taking over the U.S. are also the first people on the frontlines of getting Christianity enshrined in the law books.

9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Got a barf bag or some receptacle to catch any potential flying vomit?

Ready?

Here's a televangelist Trump supporter...

“If you look at the disciples that Jesus chose, they were all Donald Trump,” Joyner later declared. “Every one of them were Donald Trumps.”

[face_sick]

10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    *bashes my head through a wall*

Juliet316 and VadersLaMent like this.
  11. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Good Lord. I don't think any of them were rapists or billionaires. Or corporatists. Or fascists. They were under the thumb of a fascistic government. They were mostly self-employed. I mean, racists, sure, they were racists. And misogynists by our standards. But that was TWO THOUSAND YEARS AGO. How is this a good thing? Donald Trump: he stills holds views popular two-thousand years ago! See, he's great!

12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

Apparently there are no such thing as facts

There are two kinds of people when it comes to politics. Those who look at Orwell's 1984 as a warning, and those who look at it as an instruction manual.

"Well, I think it's also an idea of an opinion. And that's—on one hand, I hear half the media saying that these are lies. But on the other half, there are many people that go, 'No, it's true.' And so one thing that has been interesting this entire campaign season to watch, is that people that say facts are facts—they're not really facts. Everybody has a way—it's kind of like looking at ratings, or looking at a glass of half-full water. Everybody has a way of interpreting them to be the truth, or not truth. There's no such thing, unfortunately, anymore as facts.
    "And so Mr. Trump's tweet, amongst a certain crowd—a large part of the population—are truth. When he says that millions of people illegally voted, he has some—amongst him and his supporters, and people believe they have facts to back that up. Those that do not like Mr. Trump, they say that those are lies and that there are no facts to back it up."

13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Well, that really makes no sense. Donald Trump is a real person, not a fictional character.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    It'd be great if Trump were fictional because then George R. R. Martin could off his stupid ass.

15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Doublespeak is language that deliberately obscures, disguises, distorts, or reverses the meaning of words. Doublespeak may take the form of euphemisms (e.g., "downsizing" for layoffs, "servicing the target" for bombing), in which case it is primarily meant to make the truth sound more palatable. It may also refer to intentional ambiguity in language or to actual inversions of meaning (e.g., "I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace."). In such cases, doublespeak disguises the nature of the truth. Doublespeak is most closely associated with political language.

I said in the last post: There are two kinds of people when it comes to politics. Those who look at Orwell's 1984 as a warning, and those who look at it as an instruction manual.

And so here it is at work. Michigan Attorney general trying to block the Michigan recount

He said ,"It is inexcusable for Stein to put MI votes at risk of paying millions and potentially losing their voice in the Elec College."

Just look at that. Never mind the voice of the people who voted the other way.

Here is a recount update. Apparently everything is going forward.

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Creators of fake news, repeating fake news, while complaining about complaints about fake news

Apparently liberals push climate change to redistribute wealth and replace God with the Earth.

SEAN HANNITY (HOST): The left and the liberal mainstream media, they're having a melt down over what they call a rise in fake news across the country, but they've turned a very blind eye to real fake news like global warming propaganda being pushed by the press and the left-wing, for years.

MONICA CROWLEY: Well, of course, because what this is for the left, and this has been the case now, since they started to make this argument three decades ago plus, is a massive wealth redistribution scheme. It's also a critical part of secular progressivism where they turn the environment into god.

CROWLEY: Yeah, but again, this is part of the secular progressive agenda, and has been for a long time. It does turn the Earth into God and replaces God. But more importantly, Sean, as I tried to say, it's about taking wealth from wealthy individuals in the western world and wealthy countries and transferring that wealth to the third world, and elsewhere, according to how the global elites see fit. This is nothing to do with the climate. This is nothing to do with the environment.

17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Bishop says he can make penises bigger by massaging them

Well, I mean, you don't need the power of God for that.

‘What do you want that I can’t offer? If you want big buttocks I can do it for you. If you want big breasts, I can help. If you have a small manhood, I can change them all when I come to the spiritual realm.’

TX-20 and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    have a pie chart so it must be true. I'm waiting for this to be revealed as satire, but so far I'm not seeing it.

85% of gay people are gay because they have been possessed by an opposite sex ghost

“The ghost’s consciousness overpowers the person’s normal behavior to produce the homosexual attraction,” the article explains. “Spiritual research has shown that the cause for homosexual preferences lie predominantly in the spiritual realm.”

[​IMG]

This includes things like Pride festivals, parades, rallies, marches, and other public “showcases” of “exhibitionism and narcissism.”
    Pride parades are especially bad, researchers claim, because they “emit negative energy for up to 10 km. Indirectly, black covering (negative energy) over the city increases and it subtly spreads farther than 10 km.”

19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    *chuckles*

I'm finally getting used to this body...

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD THIS YEAR!

Uh, again. Yes, so Trump is the new messiah according to Jewish numerology. Apparently rabbis are all over trump as hundreds of years ago they predicted THIS year would be The End. And make sure to buy that book and dvd.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Well, duh, 2016 is the end of the world.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Semen everywhere?

I think our friend Mr. Jones has not had sex in awhile.

Juliet316 and VadersLaMent like this.
  24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

That thought made me throw up, a little.

25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

There's more!

This is a hell of a book sale! So yes God sent an earthquake right fater Trump was elected. The signs are there! LO!

Reminds me of the prefect commentary on religion:

You see? Ar has spoken he wants your children!