main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    What the balls did I read?

And the "voting army" sounds like an attempt to force Quiverfull on the rest of the populace.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Well that's exactly right. Even if they don't officially call themselves that, they know to try and create population and raise them on God and wreck the education system.

3. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    God does not make mistakes

Yes, this is about abortion and that is a direct quote.

One bill, Senate Bill 5, bans abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy. The Hill reports the ban does not include exceptions for instances of rape or incest, and only permits abortions after 20 weeks if the mother’s life is threatened

God does not make mistakes. There are unborn children that do not have the ability to speak up for their self in defense of their life and liberty. But friends, here in the Kentucky House of Representatives we have an opportunity to be their voice.

That's right, kids. When God lets a rapist impregnate you it's not a mistake. Hell, how many times has a politician in been quoted here saying that getting pregnant after a rape is a lil gift from God?

4. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    God needs to stay the **** outta people's uteruses.

Juliet316 and Valairy Scot like this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  6. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Jews and carbon dioxide

Here's who Trump met with:

William Happer, who is a professor of physics at Princeton, has repeatedly made statements over the years that question the dangers posed by global warming.

During a 2014 appearance on CNBC, Happer suggested that “the demonization of carbon dioxide is just like the demonization of the poor Jews under Hitler.” He told Andrew Ross Sorkin, “Carbon dioxide is actually a benefit to the world, and so were the Jews.”

[​IMG]

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I saw this headline elsewhere and hoped it wasn't real. Well, it is.

"I love this new world, I no longer have to be politically correct."

Politically correct. Yeah, 4th degree sexual assault is not about being PC. Oh, but it was "playful".

when the 57-year-old woman encountered von Keyserling in the hallway. The two had a brief political argument, in which von Keyserling remarked, “I love this new world, I no longer have to be politically correct.”
    When the woman tried to walk away, von Keyserling allegedly reached from behind to place his hand between her legs and pinched her in the groin. He said “it would be your word against mine and nobody will believe you,” the woman claimed.
    His lawyer: “In almost 30 years of practicing law in this town, I would say Mr. von Keyserling is the one person I would never suspect of having any inappropriate sexual predilections,” the lawyer, Phil Russell, said. “There was a playful gesture, in front of witnesses. It was too trivial to be considered anything of significance. To call it a sexual assault is not based in reality.”

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Let's see, we had bad comments about special needs folks, and now we have racism and sexism too.

Warren Michigan mayor jim Fouts

On tape. Evil stuff. And, I mean, does this dude have an evil WW2 German interrogator look to him?

[​IMG]

Ve haf vays of making you talk.

-------------------------

MLK Day?

The Tea Party is taking it back!

Racism? Totally manufactured by the liberal left.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    John Lewis. A Civil Rights icon.

And he should thank Republicans for freeing the slaves!

Oh yeah, because the GOP of yesterday is the exact same thing as the GOP of today!

“John Lewis ought to look at history,” the governor told the George Hale and Ric Tyler Show on the Bangor-based radio station WVOM. “It was Abraham Lincoln who freed the slaves, it was Rutherford B. Hayes and Ulysses S. Grant who fought against Jim Crow laws. A simple thank you would suffice.”

Well, as soon as one of them rises from the dead for a visit, he can thank them.

Jedi Ben and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  10. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh my God, that Jim Fouts is the creepiest looking ************ I have seen in many a day.

And don't forget that Trump also said that John Lewis was "all talk, talk, talk - no action or results." You know, except for that whole bit where he marched with MLK on the Selma march. Was nearly killed by a state trooper in Alabama. Was badly beaten during a civil rights sit-in. I mean, blah blah blah, get off your ass and do something for a change, John Lewis! I mean, results? Sure . . . civil rights, okay, fine. But that was AGES ago! What have you done SINCE making the country safe for African Americans?

11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I saw this and thought it was satire. It's not. She used the Chewbacca Defense.

12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    So, the GOP might actually keep the ACA as a whole but take out bits and replace those bits. Great!

Let's see this example Paul Ryan pointed out

Oh, they are going to add a thing that is already there...

Damn that bubble. They are going to make the ACA do something it already does and claim credit and get away with it because no one watching Paul Ryan will check who votes GOP and those that would will just laugh over it like a villain.

[​IMG]

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Well let's see what Making America great Again Americans were saying during Trump's inauguration.

Man in Deplorable Me shirt, pointing at protestors and National Guard: Itd serve these idiots right if these fellas opened fire

Man in Trump gear with family, walking by protestors: "Got to make sure I don't drop my wallet so a bunch of faggots don't bump up on me"

You can't walk a few feet without hearing a racial or homophobic slur

Two men walk by holding hands, someone yells "it's not your country anymore"

Somebody talking loudly about how Russia didn't hack election, that Obama was installed by China.

Guys catcalling female police officer: Hey sexy, over here

High schoolers walking by, guy near me to his buddy: "I don't care if she's fifteen, she's got the twins out"

Never ceases to amaze me how much pleasure Trump supporters always show in calling Obama racial slurs. It's pure, unadulterated joy.

Guy wearing a Confederate flag bandanna pointed to it as protestors with LGBTQ signs walked by and said, "This means you're not welcome"

Vincent Bevan, a Bronx doorman, disliked Bush and Obama. Now, he says, "We actually have a man in the White House," someone with "balls."

Trump supporter angrily asked me why media didn't cover the assassination attempt on Trump. I told him it didn't happen. He said "Oh! Okay."

---------------
    A definition from Orwell via wiki:

Blackwhite has two mutually contradictory meanings depending on whether it is applied to an opponent—"impudently claiming that black is white, in contradiction of the plain facts"—or to a Party member—"a loyal willingness to say that black is white when Party discipline demands".
    However, it is also an example of doublethink, because it represents an active rewriting of the past, which is a key aspect of the Party's control. Indeed, blackwhite is explained as "the ability to believe that black is white, and more, to know that black is white, and to forget that one has ever believed the contrary".
    This blind faith can stem from respect for authority, fear, indoctrination, critical laziness, or gullibility. Orwell's blackwhite refers only to that caused by fear, indoctrination, or repression of critical thinking, rather than that caused by laziness or gullibility. A true Party member could automatically and without thought expunge any "incorrect" information and neatly replace it with "true" information. Done properly, there would be no recollection of the "incorrect" information.

And this is important to know because Here comes Conway with "alternative facts"

14. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    See, this is the kind of thing we need on the record. Because back when the Confederate flag people weren't in power and people were pressuring them to get rid of the flag, it was all about how the flag didn't represent hate and it was just about "Southern culture." Now that they're in power, they feel okay with dropping the charade. It is about hate and when they have the power, they're not shy about being honest. Let's get this on the record, so as soon as they're out of power again (which will be soon, by the way) and they start once again talking about "Southern culture" we can point out the truths that they told on themselves.

This doesn't just apply to the Confederate flag. Over the next couple of years, while the extreme right is in power, they will feel secure enough to tell the truth about themselves on a number of issues. We need to get it on the record and when the progressives are back in charge, we won't bother even having the arguments with the extreme right - all we'll have to do is throw their own quotes back in their faces. These next two years the extreme right in America is going to prime the petard; as soon as progressives are back in power, we're going to ******* hoist them on it and high too.

15. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I love this quote. :D Why are you demonizing that poor inanimate gaseous compound called carbon dioxide? Just like the poor Jews under Hitler, I tell you. I personally know many carbon dioxides, and they are patriotic law abiding decent particles! I thought we were rid of this kind of elementism in this day and age, shame on you! The last acceptable form of bigotry, sheesh...

Juliet316 and VadersLaMent like this.
  16. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    When they came for the carbon dioxide, I said nothing.

17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    To be fair, a lot of that has already been disproven, and that tends to happen all the time with both parties and all previous presidents.

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    There were only 10-20 at the CIA thing, off to the side. And yes, that's what I'm saying, Trump has been doing it from the beginning. So do just about every major politician. It's not a Trump-only thing. It's a US-politics thing.

Criticism of Trump should be fair and non-hypocritical, or it won't be taken seriously.

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Show me where every major politician has been caught paying actors. I know it happens, but not to this degree.

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Maybe not to this degree... but it's really not commented on when it comes to other politicians. Try volunteering for a local campaign, like a congressional race, and you'll probably see a lot of this inside-game kind of thing. This is a case of a possible double-standard.

My main point is: it's not automatically "derp," and we should try not to be like the "boy who cried wolf" and only call out Trump when it really matters. And trust me, it has already happened a lot, and it will happen a lot.

23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Oh yes it is, no matter who does and to this degree.

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    How does it matter?

It's not like he doesn't have real support. He was elected President.

25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Well, he has support, yes. But the achievement of winning the Presidency is already slipping. Going into the inauguration, he had 32% approval rating. 40% at the absolute maximum. It seems a lot of Trump voters already regret pulling the trigger for him. And history indicates that a Presidential approval rating always goes down, never up during the first year in office. I can't wait to see where he bottoms out. Single digits? I mean, it could happen. Probably won't, but conceivably, it could. I don't know if other politicians have hired actors to some degree; I'm sure they have. But if Trump's approval rating keeps plummeting, he might well outpace all other politicians in the number of actors he has to hire.

Juliet316 and VadersLaMent like this.