main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Did he mean "Zwieback"? It's not disrespectful, but it is very strange.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  3. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    Maybe I am just turning into Fox Mulder, but could that whole thing be a PR ploy in order to attract hispanics?

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I don't think the majority of the GOP is 'clued in' enough to create that kind of PR stunt.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    President of Derpistan

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    and what is derpy about thinking that television influences our views?

8. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    His idiotic point isn't even close to something so abstract. Get with the program, wannasee.

9. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    There is a relatively valid point that Santorum sort of tangentially came within miles of.

The increasing support for homosexual rights is the result of an intense decade plus long wave of propaganda. People should study this for future use.

10. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    I gave the general principle for those in this thread who were seemingly unaware of it; he gave a specific example of the general principle at work.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Said "specific example" doesn't even come close to making his argument legitimate, or less laughable.

12. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    If you accept that television shows influence us, then why isn't it "legitimate" to argue that a specific television show has influenced us?

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You are seriously arguing that the only reason that more people support same-sex marriage is due to the show Will and Grace?

Seriously? [face_laugh]

If not I'm not sure what your argument is, unless you're just intentionally trying to distract from the larger point of Frothy's derp tendencies.

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Influences our views? Did you understand what he said? let me spell it out literally why Santorum is full of it.

Watching Will&Grace will not make me want to suck another man's junk.

Anyone can be brainwashed to one degree or another. Lock someone in a closet and drug them and beat them and go on with an assault to the mind in painful horrid dasshion and you can make someone admit to anything, but that does not make it true or right.

But that is an extremity. In fact, if you read about the right wing/conservative/gop/extreme religious bull about gay therapy you'll notice a similarity between said therapy and abuse/brainwashing.

You cannot turn anyone gay without severity anymore than you can turn a homosexual away without even greater severity. This idea that a sitcom is going ot make people's sons and daughters turn gay and destroy civilization is DERP. DERPITOUS to the maxim. It is a fool trying to control the actions of others. Ask yourself is you would truly put Santorum in charge of the world where his every order is obeyed. No. Not in a trillion years.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    If the Klan does it, is it really "derp" or just SOP for an organization founded on ideological derp?

17. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Yeah, that's pretty much just business as usual for them. We expect it of them.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Georgia GOP party chair claims that straight people will marry someone of the same sex for the benefits

LOL, because no opposite sex couple has ever done that, and if they did, we would of course immediately forbid opposite-sex marriages. Or make them have sex right there during the ceremony to prove that they are attracted to each other. Or something.

P.S. Her comments about homosexuality...major derp. Sex with Sue Everhardt appears to be unnatural. I certainly wouldn't want to do anyone who was that uptight.

19. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
  20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Years ago right wing religious leaders attempted a national movement to get everyone that sided with them to move to South Carolina. I say let 'em. Mississipians can go to too. Cram them all in there and give them a massive tax break to move there. Then they have to sign a contract to leave the rest of the world alone.

I thought this next thing might be an April Fools joke, but there is video, it's real.

Paraphrasing but only slightly: The simple and less educated get more miracles from God than the educated and secular

[​IMG]

Notice the resemblence with auto-rage troll face?

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL. The "simple and less educated" see a so-called miracle whereas the educated and secular see science.

Reminds me of this woman that I lived with for awhile in college; she married a guy who makes Pat Robertson look like the ****ing Dalai Lama. They're always out of money because they're waiting for God to call him to preach somewhere or something; meanwhile his parents slip them a few bucks and she claims that "it's a miracle! God saw us through again!"

Um, no. That wasn't God, that was your in-laws' ****ing wallet.

22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  24. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    "Lawmaker makes nonsensical 'slippery slope' argument in regards to gun control and gay marriage", would be more accurate....but that's not sexy enough to get readers.

25. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    He flat out mentions beastiality.

Lee, the derp isn't something you're supposed to imitate.