main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    That's a ridiculous rationale, but then I suppose the opposition was desperately searching for a reason to oppose anti-bullying legislation. They couldn't reveal the real reason, of course, which is that they themselves were bullies once upon a time and, in fact, still are.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Limbaugh chimes in on gay Olympics

Ok so, the reason Russia is putting all these anti gay laws in place is because they want population growth.

Because until gays are banned straight people won't screw? :confused:

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That was actually the rationale used by the legislator who sponsored North Carolina's Evilmendment One. White people aren't reproducing enough. (No, not making that up.)

I guess they're assuming that gay people will give up their same-sex relationships and reproduce with someone of the opposite sex if same-sex marriage is banned and homosexuals are demonized or criminalized?

Because you know, there is nothing better for children than being raised by parents who don't love each other and in fact are in love with someone else. Society should do all it can to promote that kind of dysfunction, as long as it looks like a Norman Rockwell painting to anyone on the outside.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  4. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
  5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    ^^Link needs fixing.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    anakinfansince1983, IIRC, that was the same rational used decades ago for some the laws that were made making Interracial marriage illegal before the Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional.

Dammit all to hell! And lawyers wonder why most people think lawyers are the scum of the earth.

7. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
  8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Troll + lawyer = Trawler.

Seriously this dude could go work for Fox News. Accusing the other side of what you are up to is classic.

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I've always hated this "defense" of child abuse/statutory rape/whatever: "I wasn't the predator! He/she/whatever was!" Doesn't matter in the slightest. You're the adult in the situation, in case you've forgotten.

10. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Proud mother's Facebook post:

[​IMG]
    "The anaconda was originally in the tank but has been moved so the boys are "cleaning" it! LOL"

You can probably guess as to where this is going....

11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Liberals make it uncomfortable to shower at the YMCA

I thought this would be another gay thing for Santorum but the report apparently says a pro-life group "intimidated" employees at the YMCA and were told to leave as a result. What does it say when the Young Men's Christian Association throws you out for abortion debate intimidation?

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, they weren't banned for being obnoxious ***holes at all, it must have been because they were pro-life. [face_laugh]

I work out at the Y, my kids swim there, and thankfully none of us have been handed anti-abortion flyers while in the shower. That would have been uncomfortable.

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    So, um

Fox, Stossel, Doocey.

Equal pay, driving, sports.

Derp. Derp. Derp.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Doosel: "Why are feminists still pushing for gender equality?"

Answer: because ***holes like you are still excusing sexism with stupid "Yes, BUT..." comments, one case at a time.

Juliet316 and VadersLaMent like this.
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL. I was ready to brush her off as one of those morons who thinks there are two types of people in the world: "people who are exactly like me" and "people who want to be exactly like me but lie and pretend they don't."

Then I got to the part about wanting to teach classes to 16-year-olds about having babies while they still have "energy" and "fresh eggs." Holy ****. Don't let her anywhere near a high school, please.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Reprehensible article. I love this retort, though:

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    State funded pregnancy centers giving out false information

When a woman walked into a state-funded "crisis pregnancy center" in Manassas, Va., this summer and told the counselor she might be pregnant, she was told that condoms don't actually prevent STDs and that birth control frequently causes hair loss, memory loss, headaches, weight gain, fatal blood clots and breast cancer.

NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia recorded the exchange, released Wednesday, as part of its undercover investigation into the 58 state-funded "crisis pregnancy centers" in Virginia. The organizations are part of a national network of about 2,500 Christian centers that advertise health and pregnancy services, but do not offer abortions, contraception or prenatal care. Instead, they are intended to talk women out of having abortions and to advocate abstinence until marriage.

Sex? A horrid sin. Spreading misinformation to grow your anti-knowledge religious agenda? Perfectly ok.

[​IMG]

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    [​IMG]

Heh, that's what they call iiiiirony!

21. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Ray Comfort:

[​IMG]

22. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    That's funny.

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Ray Comfort's delusional, the sky is blue, water is still wet - more at 11.

24. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    His delusional what?

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    comfy chair?