main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I am skeptical of the article. Only as based off the year and method, it sounds like we're talking about the Bath Township school bombing of 1927. However, the bomber wasn't the school custodian, but a local farmer that had been on the school board. The linked page for Andrew Kehoe, the killer, has a text it uses as reference that says "After some years, he came back and married Miss Nellie Price. Andrew and his wife were born and raised as Roman Catholics and they went to church until there was a new one built. He was assessed four hundred dollars which he made no effort to pay. After some time the priest went out to see why they didn't come to church or pay the assessment. Kehoe ordered him to the road and told him if he didn't get there, he would see that he got there. After that time, he never went to church and the neighbors said that he never allowed his wife to go."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

2. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    That's it. But, back then, just about everybody went to church. There wasn't so much 'godlessness' back then. I'll check out your link. Thanks!

Read the article and it does say that Mr. Kehoe performed maintenance at the school, which would be done by a school custodian now, so it's understandable that the reporter who wrote the article I read today would refer to Mr. Kehoe by that phrase.

It seems, from a reading of the wikepedia article, that this Mr. Kehoe suffered from some type of mental illness--he couldn't get along with people and was upset easily. His financial difficulties may also have played a part in his breakdown.

But, Gingrich and his cronies are all wrong to blame the school shootings on 'godlessness.'

3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Didn't we just have an election where the god-monkeys tried to snatch health care away from everyone but the rich? How is denying a cancer patient health care fundamentally different from shooting someone with a gun?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
  5. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Billy_Dee_Binks and VadersLaMent like this.
  6. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
  7. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Oh, your friendly neighborhood thread in which liberals and atheists pretend that their poop doesn't stink. How charming.

8. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    I've seen this tale before: it usually ends with a perma-ban. In the meantime, I can't wait to see how crazy you can get.

9. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    Ah. If you can't beat 'em, ban 'em. That'll prove you're right!

10. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    No, it's more they get crazier in their views as time goes on. Much like you have recently. So this will be fun to watch.

11. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    Perhaps. But your definition of "crazy" seems as dodgy to me as my definition of "fetish" seemed to you.

12. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Hmm..nope. Not last I checked.

13. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Bro do you even science?

14. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Naw dawg, he don't even logic. he think he do though, he think he real smart.

15. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I find it charming that people can make real recorded comments such as Stewart caused a school shooting or women don't get pregnant after being raped and yet those of us who quote it to spread it around for all to see the silliness are somehow the villains.

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    10 quotes from Fox News about climate change 2012

"The Temperature Basically Hasn't Changed Much Since The Ice Age."
    During Record-Breaking Heat, Fox Anchor Claims "It's Getting Colder."
    Fox "Expert": Carbon Dioxide "Literally Cannot Cause Global Warming."
    Fox Reporter: "Mars Wobbles" May Be Causing Climate Change.
    Fox Website: "Wind Farms Cause Global Warming."
    Instead Of Scientists, Fox Turns To Mark Levin And A Coal Miner To Say "CO's What Make Plants Grow."
    Fox Contributor: There Are "Hundreds Of Thousands" Of Scientists "On Both Sides Debating" Global Warming.
    Fox Reporter: Global Warming Advocates "Never" Cite A "Consensus Of Scientists."
    Fox Website: "Global Warming Means More Arctic Ice."
    Fox Declares "Global Warming Over" Based On A Tabloid Report.

[​IMG]

18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    "Mars Wobbles" would be a great name for a band.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Actually, it's the friendly neighborhood thread in which a few people of the conservative mindset come in to rant about "liberals" and "atheists", since we're all clones and can be ranted about in a group.

It's OK, VadersLaMent, my **** doesn't stink either. Obamacare has free pills that ensure that only conservative fundamentalist Christian **** stinks.

VadersLaMent and Valairy Scot like this.
  20. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    I don't think liberals are clones.

After all, it's been demonstrated that many clones can overcome their programming and think for themselves.

OK, OK, not fair, I know - but come on, you opened that door way too wide for me to not go through it.

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Um, no, you made the choice to go through that door on your own volition.

Of course if you were a woman, as a conservative you would of course hold yourself back from doing anything on your own volition, since the Great Sky Dude tells you that no woman is allowed to do anything on her own volition, lest she get set on fire or something.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
  23. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    "Atheists, even if you reject the idea of God completely and claim to live according only to the cold logic of the physical sciences,"

I hate how people associate science with "cold." Just because the dirac equation doesn't make you feel warm and fuzzy inside doesn't mean I don't.

24. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008

VadersLaMent likes this.
  25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    ^ what's incredible to me is that I could have sworn I have seen every moment of the OS but most of that was new to me.

Ok let's see, hurricane Sandy relief? Tax reform? Medicare? Social Security? Um, well:

LET'S TRY AND STOP OBAMACARE AGAIN!