main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Descendants teaser now on YouTube and Stage 6!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DorkmanScott, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Charisma

Lord_Charisma Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2001
    No, but even so, it wasn't a very funny one :p

2. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Right on both counts.

It went like this: we shot everything in the church (a lot of which we didn't use, although there were some gorgeous shots) one evening, and everything else (much of which never made it into the teaser) on another. We shot the flaming sword scene at magic hour to eliminate shadows and avoid a totally blown-out sky, but the inability to sculpt the light does make the image a little flatter than the rest.

Also, the fact that we had no permits and were standing in a public park with a sizeable camera and a guy holding a big sword stood in the way of us bringing in additional lighting. We kinda had to get the hell in and get the hell out.

3. LordPAK

LordPAK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2006
    Love it o_O :D

Any chance anyone knows of tutorials to create the effects seen in this trailer? (mainly the flaming fists and the magic shooting out + shield...) I've googled but to no avail...

4. Lord_Charisma

Feb 9, 2001
    You don't need tutorials for everything. The magic was Trapcode Particular, and the flaming fists were coloured, animated footage of fire. Experiment!

5. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    Nonsense, you guys could have taken the pigs if you had a sword.

6. Lord_Charisma

Feb 9, 2001
    Sadly, swords don't work like lightsabers do.... once those bullets leave the guns, they ain't getting sent back.

7. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    I'm really glad I got to see the trailer on you iPhone Dorkman.
    Sooooo much better and cooler that the youTub compression. (site name intensionally .... compressed :) )

Have fun!

8. QbnJedi

QbnJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Hey Dorkman the footage looks great. I am curious though as to what kind of lighting setup you had if any at all.

Fabian

9. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    We rented a 3-ton truck for the church scenes, and a 1-ton for the other stuff.

You can check out the actual packages we rented on the site for the company we rented from: McNulty Nielsen

The actual setup, of course, varied shot-to-shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.