main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Desideration and Rapture. (H/L) JC Title Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Pilot, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Title: Desideration and Rapture
    Author: Jade Pilot
    Timeframe: Post ROTJ
    Characters: H/L
    Genre: Prose (aw, come on?give it a try!)

Summary: Written for the ?What?s in a Name.? JC title challenge. Use the acronym DAR as title.

Notes: Thanks to my most excellent master JadeLotus.

?As this is only for you, Beloved, that which is hidden from their eyes. For my veil will be a pledge of love, not given lightly or in haste.?

~ From the Sonnets of L?orelai Boviatte, Vol. II

He admits it to no one, only acknowledging it to himself secretly, silently. This obsession completely owns him and renders him vulnerable for a time, as it assails his senses. From somewhere rooted within his calloused soul, he watches her, spellbound as she luxuriates in this nightly ritual.

Sitting at her mirrored vanity, she slowly unwinds the intricate coiled design with her deft and knowing hands. As it tumbles from its concluding restriction he marvels at the fluid movement, unable to look away, awash in the resplendent beauty that threatens to possess him. Shaking her head, it shimmers darkly and seductively but also with a radiant fire not seen by many.

Taking her implement, she carefully applies it to the shining mass of warm mahogany shimmer silk. Slowly, she strokes and soothes the riotous portion that refuses a more conventional existence. He smiles. For this insurgent is the measure he admires most, as it spirals away from the other more sedate assemblage.

His hands ache, yearning to reach out and capture this long flowing convergence before she can deny him this pleasure. Mellifluous, flowing waves slip through his fingers as he caresses each soft segment until he is left with only one. This one he brings to his lips, as he meets her gaze and smiles.

So lovely, so mesmerizing?Leia?s hair.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    What lovely imagery! =D=

3. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    =D= Great job!

4. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Wow! Ok I think I should start calling you the prose queen :) You did such an amazing job with the imagery in this fic. And you have a marvelous grasp and use of what I call $10 words... those big words that hardly ever see the light of day. Wonderfully done!

Cheers,
    Wyo

5. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Vaderlvr: Thank you! My master, JadeLotus is a great teacher.

Ponytricks: Thanks!

Wyo: I don't know about prose "Queen", I just sometimes get in the mood for something like this. Thank you for reading and your kind words.

6. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I don't read enough Han/Leia - but this was beautiful, J_P! Lovely descriptions.

7. Solo-Evenstar

Solo-Evenstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2005
    Lovely- then, I love imagery, so you were preaching to the choir here!
    Han is such a softie
    -SE

8. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    JadeLotus: Thank you, master. I have this Insatiable need to keep trying my hand at prose.

Solo-Evenstar: Ooooh love the name! Thanks for reading. Yeah, I think Han fell for Leia and her hair.

9. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    The imagery here was so rich and beautiful! Well done!

10. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    dm1: Thank you so much!

11. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Very nicely written. :)

12. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Thank you Sara! [:D]

13. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    He's got a point, she has great hair. I'd never have the patience to grow my hair that long.

Beautiful imagery! It was almost dream-like. It was very clear how such a nightly ritual could be so tantalizing.

Especially for someone who's spent most of his life on a small freighter with a seven foot tall wookie.

He smiles. For this insurgent is the measure he admires most, as it spirals away from the other more sedate assemblage.

That's so Han. And it's my favorite part too :)

Great job =D=

14. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Well done. I could just see them there, Han on the bed watching her brushing out her hair!

15. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    padawanlost: Thanks, Paddy! Especially for someone who's spent most of his life on a small freighter with a seven foot tall wookie. LOL [face_laugh] You have a point!

starwarsfan68: Thank you so much. I appreciate you reading!

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    You described Leia's hair as I've always imagined it: a thing of vibrant beauty, & Han's reaction as I've always known it to be: ecstatic & loving fascination. :D [face_love] Thanks for capturing & poetically sharing this sweet, gentle everyday moment between them. [:D] :)

17. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Wow! Thanks Jade_eyes! I always imagined their day drawing to a close this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.