main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Desinys way-road? (possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JSolo14, Feb 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSolo14

JSolo14 Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2002
    does anyone know anything about the next NJO HC? Like the name or what it about? ANYTHING?

2. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    It's called Destiny's Way. It's by Walter Jon Williams. It's about 135,000 words. It's got cover are by Cliff Nielson (or Nielsen or whatever it is).

3. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    It used to be called, Destiny's Road.

4. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    "Destiny's Road" got changed by LFL because it didn't sound sci-fi enough...

5. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    The Gatherer, wasn'y it also because their was a Sci Fi book called Destiny's Way?

6. Balance_Point

Balance_Point Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Why would they change it if there was already a sci-fi book with that title? ?[face_plain]

In any case, I prefered Destiny's Road... alas.

7. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I don't know about all the particulars about why they changed the name from road to way but it seems to me that Destiny's Way is a better choice. It would hang in my opinion on the meanings of the words "road" and "way". The term "road" denotes a path or something more tangible and concrete. Wereas the word "way" denotes a sense of nature or manner. By naming the book Destiny's Road it would seem to be saying that this is the road that your destiny lies wereas naming it Destiny's Way would seem to say that this is the way destiny works, this is detiny's way. A much better way of stating it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.