main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Desperately seeking help

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Talonias, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talonias

Talonias Jedi Master star 1

May 25, 2005
    I'm making a fan film called STAR WARS: Jedi on Earth, and though i have tried numerous times, i can't find anyone to make our costumes. The annoying thing is that because it's on Earth, their only need to be 3 costumes.

So, basically i'm pleading to you (Because i live in 30 miles from London), please can someone help. We've shot almost everything we can without the costumes but now our situation is desperate. To finish our movie, we need these costumes. Please help,

Talonias

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You could also try posting your request in Costuming & props. However, the
    World Sci-Fi Convention is this weekend in Glasgow so a lot of UK folks might be at that.

3. JunoirVader

JunoirVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2004
    I pieced together mine. Dunno if it looks any good though.

4. Talonias

May 25, 2005
    I can't make costumes, i've tried but with pretty poor results. I just don't have the experience or the budget (not to mention the time)to make them. And the costumes and props forum is only for people who have made or are making costumes. I tried asking for help and they told me to $od off.

Talonias

5. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Yes, they're not the friendliest bunch are they? I went over there a while back to ask some advice on a fake beard for an Obi-Wan costume. They basically told me to just go away and grow one???

Kind of defeated the purpose of having a fake one, but there you go.

Afraid that unless you luck out and find someone on here with costumes who are willing to help, your not going to get much joy.

6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    To me, going to Google and typing "help with costume-making" would qualify as 'the bleeding obvious solution', but entirely possible that you have explored this route, in which case I apologise unreservedly.

Anyway, this place got thrown up as a possible solution:
    http://www.mimicsproductions.com/costumes.asp

7. Talonias

May 25, 2005
    If i wanted my sith to look like a frickin' hotdog, that would be the perfect place. But no.

I'm trying the costumes forum again at the moment,

Talonias

8. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
  9. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    if i didnt have 8 costumes to make in the next 2 months id offer my services...but im so busy right now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.