main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Desperation (NJO J/J fic; UPDATED!! 3/21... yes, that's 3/21 2005!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by StormKnight, Jul 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormKnight

StormKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2001
    :D

What indicates that Nex knows what is going on? ?[face_plain]

And btw, apologies for formatting errors... stuff tends to get broken up in transit from my e-mail to SK's e-mail to the posting box... :(

-iella

2. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    well, maybe he doesn't...but...oh, jaina only just then realized jag was alive...i thought kissing nex triggered that somehow...

don't mind me...

~Trickster

3. Scorsa

Scorsa Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2002
    Just found this fic tonight and might I first say wonderful job!
    Love the twists and turns, the most. Nothin' better then a story with a good plot twist!
    And thank you God for bringing back Jag. Gotta luv em!

Keep up the good work...and post more soon [please]!!

4. Scorsa

Jun 18, 2002
    Love the twists and turns, the most. Nothin' better then a story with a good plot twist!

5. Scorsa

Jun 18, 2002

6. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Ooh, and just as I was resigning myself to the idea that Jag was actually dead! Great job, Iella. Poor Jag... And I can't wait to see what happens when Jaina and Kyp and Nex arrive. Don't those Vong know that it's not a good idea to make Jaina mad? *tsk, tsk*

Great post, and keep up the good work!

7. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    awesome!!!! great post. poor jag, but great for jaina. yay that jag's back too. i like this.

8. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!

anyways, now that i've gotten that rant out of my system...

that was awesome! poor Jaggie-boy though...he's in so much pain....and just what did you mean by the expression, he would never look the same.... [face_devil] if it means what i think it means, you're worse than me when i'm in my evil personality (j/k) :D

anyways, what did Jaina sense? was it Jag? (we really need a hopeful/pleading face...)

can't wait for more!

9. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    lt: i beleive that she sensed him b/c of the last comment which said "rescue attempt"

10. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
  11. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
  12. StormKnight

Jun 26, 2001
    Thanks everyone for reading. Half a month passes very quickly... thanks for sticking around, too. :) Happy New Year.

*~*~*~*

"Well now, that's one to tell to my grandkids," Kell Tainer commented with a forced lightness in the edges of his voice. The Enganador had finally come to rest in the middle of an Adumari forest, after leaving countless skips floating dead in space or burned up in the atmosphere.

"Assuming you live to see grandkids," Kyp muttered, rubbing the back of his head. Jedi or no, he found it hard to be at peace with a situation that called for almost certain death. "Even reaching the surface in itself was a miracle. Get the hatch open." Tahiri and Nex joined them in the cramped space of the access-way.

"Where's Jaina?" Tahiri asked. Tahiri?s pessimism took a different expression than Kyp?s ? tense and restrained rather than tense and snappy. The 16-year-old knew she was likely to die before she saw the sun rise more than once.

"Shutting down the ship," Kyp replied. He lowered the ramp, checking his pack one last time. "Everyone have all their gear?"

"Yes, sir!" Kell said, snapping him a mock salute.

"Quiet, you," Kyp scowled. "Please try not to live up to the Wraith reputation on this mission ? or your own, for that matter. It could have galactic consequences."

Kell just raised an eyebrow, surprised by Kyp?s change in mood. He?d heard stories of a difficult, stubborn, even condescending Kyp Durron. That Kyp destroyed a planet before he was through.

"Are we ready to go?" Jaina asked as she came out, shouldering her own pack and clipping her lightsaber to her belt. Her voice carried no hint of excitement or fear, which was a sure sign that she felt one or the other. "Let's go. The main Yuuzhan Vong compound is northeast of here, 23 degrees. We have to cover a substantial amount of ground, and you can bet we?ll encounter warriors or other biotech on the way. Keep your eyes open and your blasters ready."

*~*~*~*

The first kilometer was fairly easy going. The terrain was relatively flat, and there were no encounters with the Yuuzhan Vong. Jaina led the way, her step never faltering. Kyp walked half a pace behind her with Nex, and Tahiri and Kell trailed a meter behind them. The Force bound the three Jedi together as they stretched their senses over the living forest. Any cavity in the Force suggested Yuuzhan Vong or their technology, and was duly avoided.

"Jaina," Kyp murmured.

"I feel it, I feel it. Heads up. Coming this way." The three Jedi reached for their lightsabers, Nex and Kell drawing their blasters. They continued to move forward cautiously.

The hail of blaze bugs came first. The living projectiles threatened to chew through flesh and equipment alike. For three Jedi, though, it was little threat. Although the bugs could not be sensed in the Force, their emptiness in the Force itself served as an indication of their presence. It wasn?t quite the same, but it was nearly as effective. For now, nearly was good enough. I wonder if the Vong realize that they?re just giving us desperately needed practice.

"Four of them," Tahiri called. "North, north-west, south, east."

"That's less than one each," Nex replied. "No problem."

They exploded out of the brush, amphistaffs rigid for attack. The first two charged at Jaina, one bringing his weapon in a diagonal slash. She shifted her weight, leaning away from the attack, then slammed her lightsaber against his weapon as it brushed past her, knocking it past its intended target. In the moment that his weapon was out of the fight, Jaina delivered a side kick to his head. He took a step back, snarled at her, and gripped his amphistaff in both hands again. The powerful force kick hadn?t done anything more than push him briefly to the side.

The second warrior paused at the limit of her lightsaber's range, jabbing his amphistaff at her experimentally. She moved away from the weapon, now caught between two warriors.

Kyp parried his attacker's thrusts, sidestepping gracefully away from the v

13. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    JAG'S ALIVE!!!!!

GOD BLESS YOU, IELLA!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness you brought Jag back. Now please make Jaina dump Nex like a bad dream and let her go back to her Jaggie-poo...

I have a reason to delurk now!!!!!!!!

Uh, great posts. :D :D :D :D

JAG'S ALIVE!!!!! :p

14. StormKnight

Jun 26, 2001
    Hey SoL! Good to see you back :)

Some more readers would be nice, though... :(

-Iella

15. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    nice! great post, and go jaina! kell and nex were great 2.

16. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    Don't worry, Iella; all of my readers skedaddled like there was no tomorrow. :( You're not alone!

17. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
  18. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    ooh...nice postie! i understood the action better than i usually do, which is really good...

bump^

~TJF

19. StormKnight

Jun 26, 2001
    Working on a post. Thanks for being patient. :)

-Iella

20. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    MAJOR UPPAGE!!!!

21. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
  22. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    postie? guess not.