main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Desperation (NJO J/J fic; UPDATED!! 3/21... yes, that's 3/21 2005!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by StormKnight, Jul 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
  2. StormKnight

StormKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2001
    Eek. Erm... I'm still here. Sorry for the long wait, guys. Thanks for sticking around. Hopefully a post will be up sometime today or tomorrow. It's getting there... there's just so much to do during the summer. :)

Also, thanks for the ups. And welcome to Jaina_and_Jag. :)

-iella

3. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Uppies!!! Yep. No problem. I don't have anything else to do so I might as well up this. :D

4. StormKnight

Jun 26, 2001
    Thanks everyone for being patient. :)

SK adds: Very, very patient... heh.

*~*~*~*

The dark, at least, was comforting. It was the movement that was killing him. Jag felt his spine throbbing with each step as he was carried across a dark hangar bay. He forced his eyes open a crack and was met with shadows. He remembered briefly the Jedi's struggle with the priests and devoted a brief thought to the fact that he didn't recall there being any warriors, which he thought odd. His back still hurt.

"Ughawaa?" he groaned. The words didn't come out quite right. "Walk," he tried again.

He was set down gently on the floor and found himself peering into the face of Kyp Durron.

"We don't have far to go," the Jedi Master assured him. "As far as we can tell, there are no major Vong forces in this city. Another hundred feet across this hangar, and we'll get you into a transport and see if we can give you some medical attention."

"I can walk," Jag repeated with a glare. As if to prove it, he stood, ignoring the pain that shot up through his body and ended in a dull throbbing at his temples. After a few staggering steps, though, his gait steadied, and he walked the remaining distance with the proper posture of a soldier. Painfully, but he wanted to embra? hide the pain. He shook his head at himself, and even that hurt.

The craft was a soft silver color, casting a faint reflection of the dim lights in the deserted hangar. It was large enough to carry six - barely. The boarding ramp lowered and Tahiri exited, giving them a thumbs up.

"Easy enough to break into. It was probably abandoned quickly. Lucky for us the Vong didn't pick through this city thoroughly enough to destroy everything." She beckoned them forward, casting her eyes on Jag's military-straight posture, probably seeing how the too-straight rigidity was there only to hide pain. "Come on, Jag needs some medical attention. There's a decent enough medkit on board.?

As they began boarding ? slowly ? Tahiri began talking to Kyp. ?Two problems. One, the controls are shot. We're going to need to do some serious rewiring. Two, this hangar doesn't have a hole big enough to fly this ship out of. There's no way to open the main doors without the power, which, as you may have noticed from the emergency lights, there isn't much of."

Kell held up a hand, eagerly joining a conversation he had not been invited to. "Oh, me! I'll take care of that," he said, with a delighted grin on his face.

"Thanks.? Tahiri rolled her eyes. ?But please be careful. A large explosion is sure to draw attention, no matter how few Yuuzhan Vong warriors are in this city. We'll need it right before we're ready to go," she concluded. She looked at Jag again. "Welcome aboard the Diamond's Fury, Telgorn AX-36 Beta Class private transport, former property of some wealthy-but-dead Adumari citizen."

Jag raised an eyebrow and followed her inside to get his wounds treated. Kell and Kyp remained outside, the former beginning to examine the hangar for weak points. Kyp sighed and paced in front of the ship, lightsaber gripped loosely in his hand. It wouldn't surprise him if Jaina came charging in with a score of Vong warriors chasing her. It would surprise him even less if she did it while laughing hysterically. The girl had been getting less and less stable lately, perhaps bordering insanity. Suicidal, at least, but maybe worse. And who could blame her? Chewie had been more than an uncle ? he?d been a protector, a mentor, a caretaker. Anakin was her little brother, the one she was supposed to protect, and a caring, adventurous spirit. Jacen, her twin. And then Jag, who had been more than a squadron co-leader?

Would finding Jag bring her back, or just push her further over the edge?

Kell's deep voice interrupted his thoughts. "Worrying won't make her come any faster, you know."

Kyp glanced up, but the Wraith wasn't looking at him - he was setting explosives.

"Want to help me?" he continued. "It's therapeutic, really. When stuff makes you mad,

5. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    poor wedge.... too many unknowns for the poor guy. and i really cnt wait for this jaina/jag reunion goin on here. i hope it comes soon!!! and kell with his explosives: so NOW he gives a reason...

-jj00

6. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Very very nice! I can't wait til the Jaina and Jag reunion. That post will be a doosy. lol.

7. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  8. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    EDIT

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the disruption of my little Brodcast over the threads here. I ment no disrespect for the author of this fic nor its beta or readers. I would not have purposely been disrespectful especially to a fic that i like so much. Next time I'll make sure I ask. Sorry for the distubance, I was mearly putting up the thread of a friend whos fic i think is great and who didnt know how to do so themselves.

I'm sorry for any inconvienence it caused you.

Truly sorry,

~Rogue11JS~

9. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  10. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  11. StormKnight

Jun 26, 2001
    Jaina_and_Jag, you rock. =)

12. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Jaina_and_Jag, you rock. =)
    Thanks! :) More soon?

13. StormKnight

Jun 26, 2001
    I'll keep bugging Iella. =)

14. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  15. StormKnight

Jun 26, 2001
    *~*~*~*

A cacophanous thunder roared through the hangar, rattling the Diamond's Fury like a child's toy. Kyp glanced at Kell - the latter's eyes were squeezed shut, and a huge grin was on his face. But the important thing was that for all his immature pyromania, he?d gotten the job done. With the hangar bay open and Jaina and Nex scrambling onboard, they were ready to leave Adumar. Rolling his eyes at Kell's antics, Kyp punched the controls, sending the ship into through the newly created hole in the hangar.

The Adumari sky was usually a clear blue, but today it was tinged with gray. The Fury rose like a bird of prey, wings outstretched. Next to Kyp, Nex D'arco peered upward into the clouds.

"Tainer, why don't you go take one of the gun turrets," he advised, out of breath. "You're likely a better shot than me. I'll copilot with Durron."

It didn't take the Force to know he was lying to flatter Kell. Nex, even including the Jedi, was undoubtedly the best with weapons of any kind - but his piloting skills were more important to them at that moment.

Kell nonetheless nodded good-naturedly and exited the cockpit. The door had no sooner closed, though, when it opened again. Tahiri stepped silently into the cockpit and settled her small frame into a seat.

"Strap in," Kyp said without looking. Then, hesitantly, "How are they?"

"Jaina is fine," Tahiri replied. "A couple of fractured or broken ribs, some blood, a little bit of poisoning, but nothing that this ship's medkit can't handle. Jag?" She sighed, her shoulders drooping for a moment. "Jag needs professional medical attention. Soon. As far as I can tell, he has at least four broken bones, and some that have been broken and healed again - by Yuuzhan Vong medicine. There are also multiple skin lacerations, some deep wounds, massive loss of blood, dehydration, extensive bruising, a punctured lung, some pretty serious infection, and a broken nose?"

Kyp held up a hand to keep her from going on. Thyferra itself might not have enough bacta for a victim of Vong cruelty. The room was silent, but Tahiri could feel the anger radiating off Nex. Kyp was slightly more controlled - but she knew he was dismayed by the extensive suffering the Yuuzhan Vong had inflicted on Jag. Trying to reassure them slightly, she added, "Some of it I've been able to heal, and a lot of it can be handled by bacta. He's stronger than most normal humans. I'm amazed that he was able to stand, much less walk."

Kyp muttered, "He's not a normal human. Of course he's stronger than most normal humans." He turned to give the golden-haired girl a quick smile. "Thanks for stabilizing him. I have a feeling he'll be fine."

Nex interrupted before she could say anything. "Eight incoming. I guess Tainer's explosion caught their attention after all."

A flight of four skips appeared on the radar as red blips, approaching fast.

"Don't be stupid, D'arco. This planet is crawling with Vong. They were bound to notice us sooner or later, whether or not they noticed the explosion," Kyp retorted, almost contemptuous with frustration. He knew his teammate was the wrong place to direct his frustration, but it had to go somewhere. "All I have to say is that you better be as good as Antilles says you are."

?I am,? Nex replied coolly.

?Let?s not make our problems worse than they are ? four skips, not eight.?

The blips closed in quickly, and then four more appeared from below, moving on a tighter intercept pattern than the originals.

?Vong fly in eights.?

"Right." Kyp frowned at the sky outside. "Shields up, then."

"Yes, sir. Shields up." The Jedi Master glanced at Nex, but there was no trace of mockery - the young man was simply in full military mode. I suppose it?s easy to be gracious when you?re always right, Kyp muttered to himself.

"Estimate interception in fifteen seconds. Ten. Five." As the last five seconds of Nex?s countdown passed, plasma from the skips began to harass them. Kyp threw the ship into a spiral, making it a much harder target to

16. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Yeay!!! A postie!!!

So they are on their way back to a safe place. Well, I guess you'd call it that. The Vong are going to attack the place that they are going to?(I would say the actual name but I can't spell it and I'm too lazy to go back and look) Oh no! I can't wait until Jag is all better because maybe then stuff can happen between him and Jaina because he obviously feels something for her.

17. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  18. StormKnight

Jun 26, 2001
    Thanks for the ups, Jaina_and_Jag :)

Up! ;)

No readers? :(

-iella

19. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAGGIE IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!

(I LIKE EXCLAMATION MARKS AND THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON!!!!!!!)

Errrrr...anyways. :p

AWESOME POSTS!!!! I hope the J/J element comes back and Mr. D'Arco gets his booty kicked out the window ;)

20. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  21. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  22. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  23. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003