main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Desperation (NJO J/J fic; UPDATED!! 3/21... yes, that's 3/21 2005!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by StormKnight, Jul 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
  2. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  3. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  4. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    UUUUUPPPPPP!!!!!!

J&J

5. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  6. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  7. Jedida

Jedida Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
  8. StormKnight

StormKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2001
    Hey guys. Sorry, I really would like to post more than once every two months... but as RL goes, that seems to be my limit. I'll do my best to post more often... this is just a little wave to let you know I'm still alive. This story isn't dead, don't worry... :)

-iella

9. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Glad to know it's not dead! :D I hate DRL. It's takes me every other day. :mad:

J&J

10. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Up!!! Another post soon?

J&J

11. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  12. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Uppies!! Another postie soon???

J&J

13. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Uppies!!

J&J

14. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    I need some mush!!! jag and jaina would be nice would be nice wouldbe nice jag and jaina together would be nice oh dear stormknight!!!

UPPies uppies uppies uppies uppies uppies uppies uppies uppies uppies

15. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Uppies!!!

J&J

16. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    It's been 2 months!!! Please another postie??

J&J

17. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Uppies!!! Tomorrow will be 3 months since you last posted... please post again soon! :(

18. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Uppies!! It's been over 3 months now!

19. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I just found this story, and I'm hooked already.

:D :D :D :D

MORE SOON???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  21. StormKnight

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm still alive! I'm still here! I'm still writing! I'm just in the middle of college applications right now! I'm sorry!

:(

Look for this to start again in January... after college apps. Then I will have senioritis, do no homework, and write fanfic like a maniac. Hopefully. :)

-iella

22. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    That's way cool! :D January is what I'll hold you to then. :p

23. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  24. StormKnight

Jun 26, 2001
    Yes, really, you read that right. A post. Short, for which I apologize and will make amends later, but a post.

After 4.5 months. Whee.

Hope you enjoy, if you're still here (and still remember what's going on... [face_plain]). Thanks for the many ups :)

-iella

*~*~*~*

"Why do the walls have to be so darned white?" Jaina mumbled.

"What's that, goddess?" Kyp replied, looking up from the corner where he was reading.

"I'm getting sick of this stupid medbay."

He raised an eyebrow. "You've been in here less than 30 hours. Take a break. You deserve it."

"There's a war going on, brilliant one. I can't afford a break."

Kyp was about to open his mouth to protest that she couldn't afford to not take a break, but thought better of it. Jaina Solo was as likely to admit she was tired as Tattooine was to sprout tropical forests. He shrugged and tossed her one of the datapads he was reading, which she caught easily with one hand. "If you really want to handle squadron performance reports, be my guest. They weren't slacking off while we were gone, that's for sure."

Jaina frowned at the display on the screen. Performance reports were supposed to be tedious and boring - beyond tedious and boring - but at that moment, anything would have been fascinating. Her parents had visited already, fawned over her for half an hour, then left to attend administrative meetings. Wedge had come and gone twice since her introduction to Soontir Fel. Kyp had come last, and had been sitting and keeping her company for a good two hours. And Jag... Jag had been going in and out of bacta, mostly unconscious the whole time. The minor cuts and scratches had mostly healed after the first four hours, and the angry bruises were receding. The deep flesh wounds had at least stopped swelling and were beginning to heal - the broken bones would take awhile longer.

Jaina wondered when he would be ready to fly again, and briefly contemplated the idea of flying without him as her wing. The idea didn't please her very much - although he had zero warmth of personality and was arrogant, she had to admit that she felt safer flying with him, simply because he was an excellent pilot. And what else? a voice prodded.

It was ridiculous idea. There was nothing, aside from his physical good looks and piloting skills, that drew her attention. The voice sniggered. He was intelligent, sure. Capable, intelligent, polite - a little too polite. Colder than Hoth. But what if he wasn't? she wondered. Maybe when he gets used to New Republic culture he'll lose some of his Chiss stiffness. Unlikely. He'd been with the New Republic for months now, and showed no signs of relaxing discipline. Yet there was a possibility-

Her thoughts were interrupted by the datapad flying out of her hands. She looked up in time to Kyp catch it neatly.

"If you're not going to work on it, I'm going to. Someone's got to stay on top of things here," he said with a smug grin. "Go on thinking about Imperial boy, or whatever."

"You're annoying, Durron, you know that?" she growled.

"Annoying, but oh so right," he returned calmly, never glancing up from his reading.

With a heavy sigh, Jaina sat back and closed her eyes, wondering when the stupid medics were going to let her out.

*~*~*~*

"The Vong are gearing up for a major offensive," Nex advised Wedge and Tycho. "That is, if they haven't launched one already. The death of the warmaster means that a lot of Vong are getting stirred up, It's likely that the Supreme Overlord is going to get involved. Now more than ever, they want Jaina dead."

Tycho took a long look at the spy. "Sometimes I wonder where you get your information," the latter said, shaking his head. "And how you can have Vong psychology down so well."

Nex shrugged his shoulders slightly, "It came with its cost," was his cryptic reply. A touch of strain crossed his face and his eyes drifted, as if he were remembering something from long ago. Then his eyebrows waggled slightly as if teasing, and the other two men found themselves wo

25. Audrey32189

Audrey32189 Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2003
    wow this is a great story.keep it up!! ;)
    ~rey~
    EDIT:FIRST REPLY!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.