main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Desperation (NJO J/J fic; UPDATED!! 3/21... yes, that's 3/21 2005!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by StormKnight, Jul 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    That was gREAT

2. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    yay!!! postie!! wonderful postie. i cant wait until jag gets out of bacta. gonna be interesting...

-jj00

3. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003

Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

I loved it. and don't worry about being gone. :) We gripe and complain, but hey, DRL doesn't disappear just cuz you want him to. (BTW, I've been dealing with a killer case of senioritis myself :) )

MORE SOON??????????!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Great post!!! :D

"Go on thinking about Imperial boy, or whatever."

"You're annoying, Durron, you know that?" she growled.

"Annoying, but oh so right," he returned calmly, never glancing up from his reading.

hehe. Go Kyp! :p

"Destroy their hope. That's me, a regular hope-killer."
    hehe. Wedge better only be killing the Vong's hopes. :p

5. StormKnight

StormKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2001
    Wow, we're a little past due for another update, aren't we? Look for one at the beginning of February, after finals (mine are one week after everyone else's... :( )

-iella

6. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    It's past the beginning of February! ;)

7. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  8. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  9. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  10. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  11. Jaina_Solo_16

Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    great story

when's the next part coming out?
    it's been like 8 months

is this story dead?

12. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    Cant Wait For MORE!

13. Starlan

Starlan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2004
    I just found this, and i realize there hasn't been a post in a year, but it's really good, and i would like more. Please?

14. StormKnight

StormKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2001
    Oh, wow.

Look, the story lives!

For at least one more post, anyway. Hopefully I'll be able to get my butt in gear and finish this eventually... I think what happened a little over a year ago is that I found myself at a point in the plot that I couldn't really resolve, and I sort of gave up. My apologies. Hopefully this will all work out in some coherent way in the end, and many thanks to those of you who have been keeping this thread alive! I hope you still sort of remember what's happening... even I had to go back and read everything again! :)

EDIT: Incidentally, I will probably be reposting this in the Beyond the Saga forum eventually... When I do, I'll post a link.

*~*~*~*

A thousand thoughts wove through his head as Kohlav Ragat contemplated the battle that was to come. He once possessed a great deal of respect for Tsavong Lah, but upon hearing the circumstances of the former warmaster?s death, that respect dwindled considerably. Any warrior who allowed himself to be taunted - even by a goddess - into making careless errors of judgment was not one to be esteemed. The new warmaster felt his right fist clench involuntarily.

Goddess or not, I will not make the same mistake.

*~*~*~*

Flying was definitely one of those things that she took for granted, Jaina decided. After being stuck in the medbay for two days, she would have done anything to be up in the air again - including tearing that annoying medic droid?s head off. Fortunately, it had the foresight to discharge her before anything so drastic happened.

Now, on patrol with Twin Suns Squadron and flying in a wing pair alongside Kyp above the green-blue orb that was Yeltha, she felt adrenaline once more course through her veins. The three Chiss Star Destroyers floated in lazy orbit above the planet, their presence a source of both comfort and stress. Two Yuuzhan Vong light frigates were perched on the outer edge of the system at the moment, so immobile that they might have been mistaken for asteroids. The Vong forces jumped in and out of the system, occasionally venturing close enough to take shots at the Resistance forces, but never staying long enough to inflict serious damage.

Kyp had been right about the squadron - they hadn?t been idle while she was on Adumar. Their discipline was tight, no wasted movement or speech as they flew in long arcs above the sphere of the planet. Tension was high - with the promise of imminent Yuuzhan Vong invasion, there was little room for wasted energy.

The only thing missing...

She glanced at her X-wing?s HUD, noting with satisfaction three flights of Twin Suns shield trios flying neatly in formation. Next to her and Kyp, though, there was only darkness.

Colonel Fel will be released from the medbay in approximately three days had been the verdict this morning. Jaina was pleased - that meant that he would have about four days to fly before the Yuuzhan Vong were supposed to invade. That is, assuming he would want to fly again.

?What kind of question is that?? Kyp?s voice broke into her thoughts over a private comm channel. ?Of course he?s going to want to fly.?

?Stay out of my thoughts, annoying one,? Jaina growled. But Kyp?s teasing laughter did not particularly annoy her - after all, she was the one that had been careless enough to not shield her thoughts. ?And take command for the duration of our patrol shift. I have a meeting with Wedge.?

The comm clicked once, his only audible acknowledgment of her orders. Peeling the stick back, she twisted her X-wing into an arc that would bring her toward the planet. Time to discuss Vong-crushing strategies.

*~*~*~*

Some people describe bacta has having a salty taste. Other people compare it to the sap of Yavin IV?s to?onesh trees because of its light syrupy consistency.

Whatever it was, the warm goo might as well have been bantha fodder, for all Jag cared. Spending hours of semiconsciousness floating in the equivalent of salty to?onesh sap was not exactly his idea of a good time. But now for the first

15. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    awesome post! i need soem more!

16. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    Post soon, because I'm NOT a patient lurker.
    And I will keep lurking, until you post again.

Moral of this post?

POST!!!!! [face_blush]

By the way, the story's pretty good. ;)

17. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    Can we have some finality here? Pretty please?? :D

Can you let me know whether you're going to finish this? It would be a shame to leave it now, since it's going so well . . .

18. Blondie_JediKnight

Blondie_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    *hyper active!!* Hooked! Hooked! Hooked! Great story! Post soon? Please? Love it! But Nex can't get in the way!!
    Blondie^..^

19. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Yes. A conclusion would be good.

S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.