main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ... Despite My Best Efforts ... [ Post-TPM, Updated - 2/4!!! ]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lorax, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorax

Lorax Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    TITLE: Despite My Best Efforts

MAIN CHARACTERS:
    Iyana Gintk - Jedi Padawan, female Human
    Jax Pavan - Jedi trainee, male Human
    Nadir Asinine - The BAD GUY, male Lorrdian
    Renn O'bano - Jedi Knight, male Human
    Rialle Hovik - Jedi Knight, female Lorrdian
    Rio Oricu - Jedi trainee, male Human

SYNOPSIS: This is the mainly the story of Jedi trainee Jax Pavan and Jedi Knight Renn O'bano, although it also deals with temple pranks, evil uncles, and a highly compatible duo.

If you think back to Darth Maul : Shadow Hunter, you might remember reading the name Jax Pavan a grand total of two times. He was the force-sensitive son of a temple worker named Lorn Pavan. In sort version - Lorn was fired from the temple and five years later killed by Maul while trying to help a Jedi Padawan get Trade Federation plans to the temple. (Hint: this day is where the first post comes in...) Jax stayed at the temple and was raised as a Jedi. To get the long version - read the book :).
    Anyways, the second time I read it, Jax kept resurfacing in my mind. So, I built a character profile for him. Later, after I had created Renn, the title of a devotional in my bible gave me the idea to throw them together for this fic. So, I started writing.

DISCLAIMERS: George Lucas created the Star Wars galaxy, I just live there. Other than that Renn O'bano, this personae of Jax Pavan, and all the other original characters in this story are mine. No touchy!

CAUTION: This is my first attempt at long fic. So, some posts may be a little... surprising. Chances are though, that I put the kooky post in to lead up to something at/near the end (or at least I think I did...). While I have the general idea of what I want to happen with this fic, some rather surprising idea's have popped up in my most recently typed segments.
    I'm not biased, but I'm more comfortable working with human characters due to the fact the their are so many details about alien species that I would get wrong. So, most of the chars here will be human or closely related.

Hope ya like!

--------------------------

Despite My Best Efforts

The bright stars of the galaxy shone intensly into the dusky colored night sky of Coruscant. It could never become truly dark with all the bright neon lights, apartment complexes, businesses, and packed traffic that littered the planets as densly as sand on a beach. Even on the lower levels you had to go a long way down before you could encounter true darkness- and all the nasty nightmares that come with it.

The shadowed corridors of the Jedi Temple were illumitated by regular intervals of dim, comforting glow. A few beings walked silently down the halls, quietly going about their late night business, but other than that it was a reletively peaceful night. One person however, was awakened by a quiet, almost silent, wimpering coming from the other room. Creche Master Sabri sat up and strained her ears listening to the frightened sobs of a dreaming child. The noise continued for several more minutes so she knew she would be needed to calm the poor child down.

Slowly, Sabri slid out of bed and her old muscles protested the movement. She was getting up in age, which was why she was with the youngsters now instead of traveling the galaxy on missons of peace. Pulling her soft brown robe around her shoulders, she waved the door to her room open and stepped into a room filled with two rows of beds. The Creche. Where young Jedi trainees spent their early years. Her heart swelled as she looked down the two rows of beds where her group of five and six year olds lay, sleeping and dreaming.

And one little one was indeed dreaming. About halfway down the right row, one blanket was twisted intricately with its occupant and trembling slightly. Sabri moved swiftly down the row and sat on the edge of the bed. The mattress squeeked slightly and the little boy laying there froze in his sleep. His pillow was wet from the tears that had trickled onto it and snot that had fallen from his n

2. Lorax

Nov 1, 2003
    Ack. No readers? C'mon you guys! You can't think my fic is that bad! I'm going to post up the second part later, when my brother gets off my computer.

Please post and tell me what you think!!!

3. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Very interesting beginning and I'm curious as to what his visions mean. More soon I hope? :)

4. Lorax

Nov 1, 2003
    Yes! One reader! Settle in for a bumpy ride obi_ew because although I'm pretty sure I know where Im going with this, the last few posts that I've written have been rather surprising.

Sorry for the lateness of this post. My brother has been on Diablo all day and I finally got him to give me a few minutes...

------------------------

7 YEARS LATER

Jax deeply dreaded meditation. It wasnt that he didnt have the patience for it, no, he had plenty of that, but he just didnt like the 'seeing' that came with it. Over the last few years his ability to 'see' things had refined and was now usually pretty clear though often just as confusing. He had learned to control any physical reaction that came from them unless the image was extreme. At those times he would struggle to keep his composure until he could find a secluded area to wait the vision out.

Like now.

The garbled images flashed in rapid succession one after another and the twelve year old gasped softly. Pain. Hurt. Destruction. Love. His mind wirled and he closed his hands around fistfuls of air in an unconsious effort to stay anchored. Just as quickly as it came, the vision faded and his vision cleared. He slumped against the turbolift wall and took several slow, deep breaths, buying his vision under heavy sheilds. He'd try to figure it out during meditations that night.

Dimly he was aware that he was supposed to meet with his Saber Technique teacher, Master Toharo, for their regular by-weekly extra lesson. He pushed the 'down' botton on the wall and the lift resumed its interupted downward plight. By the time the door opened Jax looked just like any other trainee who was rushing to get to class.

When he reached the training room, he was surprised to find a young man of about twenty-five or twenty-six engaged in a duel with his teacher. The man was good, too. Whirling around to keep the older Master on his toes and moving with almost catlike grace, he thrust and parried with such extreme ease that Jax envied him. Leaning his back against the far wall, Jax watched the fight.

It lasted all of about three minutes before Master Toharo swung his jade lightsaber in a tight lightning fast motion and his opponents lightsaber went flying across the room. The younger man laughed and stretched out his hand, calling his lightsaber back to it.

"I'll never understand how you do that!" He said hooking his handgrip to his belt.

Master Toharo chuckled and deactivated his saber.

"When you're my age Renn, then I'll tell you."

Renn snorted.

"Which I'll never be, considering you'll always be twenty-one years older than me."

"Aye. Smart lad."

Master Toharo clapped a hand on Renn's shoulder then pulled him close for a hug. His twinkling eyes locked on Jax standing by the door.

"Ah! The late trainee! Here at last!" He spun Renn around so he was facing Jax. "Renn, my overdue student, Jax Pavan. Jax, my former Padawan, Jedi Knight Renn O'bano. Now shake and be ye kind to one another!"

Renn laughed again and walked forward to shake Jax's hand. Jax studied Renn as they shook, his eyes automatically taking in the details of the man. It was obvious the Knight was doing the same.

Renn was around the average height for a human and slim. He had the kind of honest, interested face that people open up to. Straight lightbrown hair fell just short of his brow and his eyes were just a shade darker. He wore the customary brown Jedi robes and his lightsaber was carved from some sort of bone or maybe fossilized rock with, Jax remembered, a icy blue blade...

"Today, please."

Master Toharo's voice broke into Jax's thoughts, and both Jax and Renn turned to look at him. He stood with his arms folded, holding his saber handgrip in one hand and spearing Jax with his gaze. All business now.

"If Im not mistaken Jax, we were working on the Ti'Huni offensive positions on our last session and you still need a lot of work before you master them. I will see you later Renn. Goodbye."

Jax si

5. Lorax

Nov 1, 2003
    Ahhh! Attack of the silent readers! It is mandatory that you move your lips with this fic, and then click 'post reply'...

Edited the first post for spelling mistakes and to add a better synopsis and character list to the begining. UP^

6. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Really enjoying this so far! :) Your OC's are very well written and have me wondering what is going on.

7. Lorax

Nov 1, 2003
    Glad you're enjoying it obi-ew. Im having fun writing it. :)

However *cackles evilly* the next segment won't be posted until I managed to lure at least one more person into my story web.
    (Or, if that doesn't happen in two days... but Im a-hopin' it will!)

*twacks the story with my lightsaber to move it up*

((Please pardon the craziness. Its very early morning, I'm still tired.))

8. Lorax

Nov 1, 2003
    Well, seeing as 'lurking' is my middle name, I can't complain about silent readers. :)

Now we get to meet three characters who add a lot of spice to the stew!

----------------------------

The first person Renn went looking for after his accidental encounter with his former Master... well, maybe it was a 'knowledgable accident', if their was such a thing..., was his best friend Rialle Hovik. She was a Jedi Knight, from the same creche as himself and for the past two years they had barely had the time to say more than two words to each other. He hoped that she wasn't off on another mission. If she was, by the time she came back he would likely be gone again. He sighed and prayed that wasn't the case.

He arrived at her quarters a little sooner than he expected, and was thrilled when she answered his knock. Renn let out a un-Jedi-like whoop and picked her up off the floor in a bear hug and swung her around.

"A little air please." She mock coughed.

Renn set her feet back onto the floor and felt her hug him back. The she stepped back and twirled her slender fingers in the air, miming for him to turn around so she could get a look at him. He obeyed with a silly grin on his face.

"Well, you're skinnier than I remember..." Rialle stated matter-of-factly with a perfectly straight face and poked him in the ribs. "But then again, you never did figure out the meaning of the word cook, let alone actually try. What've you been living on? Freeze dried mynock?"

"You mean there's something other than it?!" Renn adopted a horrified expression and collapsed into a sitting sprawl onto the rooms only large piece of furniture. An extra stuffed, plush dais that doubled as a bed and all-purpose workstation. Count on Rialle to choose to fill her apartment with stacks of books and holo-vids laying jumbled all over the room. She pushed a stack of precariously stacked papers onto the floor and took a seat next to him.

"Seriously Renn, what have you been eating? Wait, let me guess!" She leaned forward to study him closer, her necklace's clear blue pendant swinging gently in the air. Rialle was Lorrdian, a race of humans who could discern many things just by watching the body movements of someone. It had been a game among the two since they were little for Rialle to guess what Renn had been up to out of her sight. After a few seconds she announced her prediction.

"You had nerf for lunch."

Renn's grin widened slightly. Nerf was exactly what he'd had, and with a little more time, Rialle would probally know exactly where he had eaten it and how much it had cost him to buy the dish.

"Mighty darn tasty too. So, what's been happening with you lately Ri. Do anything exciting?"

Rialle shook her head in bewilderment, sending her blond hair tumbling from behind her ears. She fliked it impatiently back into place and leaned back into the cushions. "Renn, you don't know the meaning of the word! Ever been to the planet Hariid? No? Well, you dont ever want to! It was chaos there and I was the only one..."

Renn stretched back onto the couch and made himself comfortable. Knowing Rialle, which he had the mixed pleasure of, she would be talking for at least the next two hours. Then it would be his turn to catch her up.

It sure was good to be back home.

Jax coughed on his bite of stew and the thick substance went flying from his mouth.

"You want to do what?!?"

The eleven year old Padawan girl seated next to him grinned mischeviously as she restated her plan with her usual flourish of hand motions to accompany her words.

"I want to go see where the Knights and Masters hang out when their pesky Padawans aren't around. Expecially my Master." Her sea-green eyes twinkled merrily, "Don't you ever wonder what they do without us?"

Iyana Gintk was one of Jax's two closest friends. The trio had met a year ago during a particularly challenging exercise the Jedi Masters had cooked up for all the Temple trainees. Almost all the students that day had mentally run fac

9. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Spice indeed! :D I think Renn and Jax are my favorites so far. :) Keep up the wonderful work and here's some advice the very wise Cynical21 once gave me.

Write it and they will come. :)

10. Lorax

Nov 1, 2003
    Yup. Jax and Renn are my favorites too. I'm reading The Hutt Gambit right now, and I just found out that Renn is a popular Corellian name. Interesting. I didn't have a homeworld for Renn picked out yet, but I'm thinking he'd make a great Corellian.

Next part soon!

11. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    He seems to have the right attitude to be Corellian! ;) UP!

12. Lorax

Nov 1, 2003
    And the plot thickens...

------------------

The next afternoon Jax walked seemingly nonchalantly to the Room of a Thousand Fountains, humming a tune that he had learned as a child in the Creche. His mind was occupied by the mysteriousness that had been in Rio?s voice when he had told them to meet here, causing his two compainions to wonder if he crazy for choosing a meeting place halfway across the temple from where they wanted to go. He stepped through the doorway and the peaceful sound of rushing water greeted his ears. Jax paused for a few moments with his eyes closed and just listened. A hand decended on his shoulder, startling him.

?Calming, isn't it?" Jax jumped slightly and, for the second time that week, looked startledly into Renn?s face. Renn chuckled and captured Jax?s worried grey gaze with his own calm one.

?Oh! Um... hi.?

?Um... hi? Why do I get the feeling you?re up to something?? Jax tore his gaze away from the knowing brown eyes and instead looked at a gently cascading waterfall. His mind ran through the many possibilities to make the man leave without being to suspicious but found zilch. He was saved from saying something truely stupid when Renn glanced down at his crono and ran a hand through his hair.

?I've got to meet someone. Stay out of trouble kid.? He squeezed Jax?s shoulder once, emphasizing the ?out of trouble? and walked swiftly out of the room leaving an immensly relieved and slightly confused youth staring at the door.

Iyana was waiting for Jax near the far wall of the room. She smiled and held her finger to her lips then motioned for him to follow her. They set off on a weavy course through the many fountains and found Rio near the front wall fiddling with the vent grate in the wall. His multitool was laying on the floor by his feet and he was finishing unscrewing a very loose screw with his fingers. He glanced up as the two's shadows fell upon him and grinned brilliantly.

"Ready?" He asked dropping the last screw into his pocket and began jiggling the grate out of the wall. It let out a little protesting screech then popped out. Jax looked around to see if anyone was near enough to hear it, but with the sound of the running water it would have been nearly inaudible. Iyana closed her eyes and extended her senses.

"Calm down." Rio soothed his two friends. "I already checked, nobody is around right now. Everythings perfect." He dissapeared into the vent and then poked his head out.

"Well? C'mon!"

"He never said anything about vents." Iyana grumbled, but she wriggled in after him. Jax looked around to make sure nothing had been left behind. Rio's multitool was gone, there was no screws on the floor, the only thing that remained was the vent cover. He picked it up and then crawled backward into the hole and secured the cover as best as he could. Cold air blasted him and he shivered slightly.

"Great." He whispered up to Rio. "Freeze us to death before we even get there."

Rio snickered, muttered something that sounded like 'can't take the heat?', then began to quietly crawl along the horizontal pathway. After about twenty minutes of straight travelling, Rio paused at an intersection that was subtly lit with the light coming through a nearby grate. He looked back at the shadowed faces of the other two and flashed a grin at their solemn, chilled expressions.

"Now, we go up."

"UP?" Iyana asked incredulously. Jax just stared at him as if he was certain without a doubt Rio was insane.

"Yes, UP. Its the fastest way to get to where we're going." Jax snorted but Rio just grinned at their discomfort. Come to think of it, these vents were a little small for the two of them. Iyana more than Jax, since she was a little taller than him. "Trust me guys. These vents are my world."

Rio swung his legs over into the void beneath him and braced against the wall behind him, then he began inching his way up. He heard the slight clunkings behind him as Iyana and then Jax swung into the unfamiliar position and f

13. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_laugh] Mace singing! I can just imagine what he is singing! Can't wait to see what kind of trouble these three get themselves into! :D

14. Lorax

Nov 1, 2003
    Lol. Sometimes adults are worse than kids. ;)

Okay, a short by funny post.

-------------------

Renn could barely hear Rialle over the noise that Mace was making. And that's all that it was. Noise. Sure, Mace might think it was singing, but to him and a whole lot of others in the room, it sure didn't sound like any song they'd ever heard! Mace was talented in a lot of things, he mused. Too bad singing wasn't one of them.

Renn leaned over Rialle's shoulder and yelled into her ear.

"Say again?" She yelled in his face as she leaned closer.

"I said, someone needs to force-yank Mace down from there! He sounds like a Ranat with a throat problem!"

Rialle grinned mischeviously and winked at him, then Mace let out an surprised yelp and tumbled off the stage to the applause and cheers of his fellow Jedi.

"Better?"

Renn stared at Rialle through the colored lighting and then broke into laughter so hard that he started choking. She had to slap his back quite a few times to get him to calm down. He gasped for breath and wipped tears from his eyes.

"I never meant..." He chuckled. "That was so you, Ri! Hope Mace doesn't find out...!"

Rialle giggled and patted his arm reassuringly while giving him a sly wink.

"Well, I wont tell him..."

Something brushed up gently against Rialle's sheilds and hovered there for a second before hastily retreating. She whipped her head around so fast her necklace pendant slapped into her face and left a nasty red welt. Her eyes narrowed as she scanned the crowd suspiciously. Renn laid his hand on her shoulder.

"Ri? What is it?"

"I feel like someone's watching me." She said, never taking her eyes from searching the crowd.

"No, really? Rialle, I hate to break it to you, but you just silenced Mace in a crowd of Knights and Masters, of course someone will have caught that."

"Renn, it doesn't feel like that... It feels... different, somehow."

15. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_laugh] Too funny!

16. Lorax

Nov 1, 2003
    Arr! I'm stuck a bit farther into the fic on a scene where I know exactly what I want to happen, but can't put the right 'feel' into it! It should pass in a few days, usually does. I just need to play around with the words...

Next story segment will be either Wednesday or Thursday. UP!

17. Lorax

Nov 1, 2003
    Yay! Next part up! Enjoy!

----------------

Rio jerked his face back from the opening and fell back with a soft thump into the shadows. Iyana tore her eyes from the totally unexpected scene below and stared at him quizically. The colorful lights played across her face and hair making her look shimmery and unreal.

"Rio? What is it?"

"Oh, Man!" He groaned as he held his head in his hands, then looked up at her through his fingers. "I just did a stupid, stupid, stupid thing Iya!"

Iyana waited for him to elaborate, but he didn't. Rio just sat their muttering to himself about 'bad fortune' and 'repercussions'. Finally, glaring at him fiercely, Iyana punched his arm lightly.

"Well? What was it?"

Rio glanced up, mumbled something illegible to her, then looked away.

"Rio!"

"Fine! I felt a woman pull Master Windu down so I tapped her sheilds. I didn't mean to, but she felt me! Nobody ever feels me!"

"Apparently, she did." Jax muttered in an otherworldly, spaced out voice. He was still looking down through the hole but his eyes were locked onto something with a far, far away quality to them. His skin had turned a sickly pale color with beads of sweat forming on his face. His breath came in short shallow bursts and his knuckles had turned pure white from clamping down to hard on the hole's edge. Both Iyana and Rio had seen Jax recieve visions before, but this was the worst one yet. Rio reached out to touch his hand. It was chilling to the touch. Jax jerked away as if he had been burned.

"Jax?" He asked in a worried voice. "Are you okay?"

"No, stupid. Jax is just feeling a mite hungry. A bit of food would spruce him right up. Of course he's not okay!" Iyana replied in the usual sarcastic voice she used when she was scared.

"Guys... help..." Then Jax went limp and pitched forward. Iyana and Rio both reached for him, but his unresponding body was pulling against them, and all three of them went tumbling down into the crowded, off limit room with the eyes of several Jedi Knights and Masters looking up in surprise.

Rialle was the first to reach the heap of trainees. She leaned over them, ready to help, only to stare in a startled recognition at a small groaning boy with auburn hair. Rio glanced up at her and offered an apologetic smile.

"I'm in trouble," he whispered softly.

"You're not in trouble." Rialle growled at him. "You're dead where you stand."

She shook her head swiftly back and forth, emphasizing her words. Her swinging necklace mirrored the brilliant clear blue arc that burned through the black haze of Jax's mind.

18. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    I really want to know what is wrong with Jax! What is he seeing? The suspense is killing me! ;)

19. Lorax

Nov 1, 2003
    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving obi_ew!
    I'm such a dunce. I just figured out your user is a combination of Obi-Wan and Ewan, right?

-------------------------

Everything was dark. Pitch-black-dead-of-the-night dark. The only thing he could see was a stunningly bright blue pendulum. It swung back and forth and back and forth across his vision. He had no choice but to trace his eyes tediously after it.

Gradually, his mind became aware that he was dangling in the air from a chain secured tightly around his wrists. His feet barely brushed the floor, and the respite from his strained arms lessend slightly, but not fully, when he was able to gain a somewhat shaky foothold.

Suddenly a bright light burst across his face and a searing pain burned behind his eyes. He winced, squinting through the dark haze that threatened to overtake his eyesight. Dimly, he could percieve a man standing before him. Or at least, he
    thought it was a man. Silver hair sprawled lazily in a single tuft on the top of a shiny bald head that reflected the light back to his aching eyes. One eye was a chilling arctic blue while the other was a sparkling green mechanical replacement. The jaw and right side of the face was a jumble of hideous looking prosthetics which ground protestingly against each other when the man smiled.

Around his neck hung the blue object that had held his gaze captive just a few moments before.

'ahhhhh.... welcome Jedi.... yesss.... very much welcome indeed....'

Pain seared in his abdomen as an unseen force pummeled him mercilessly. He tried to curl up into himself but found it imposible when the bonds around his ankles yanked tight, holding him reletively straight.

Time was elusive, pain was inflicted, and he dazed in and out of consciousness. Then someone grabbed his arm, jabbing a cold metal needle through the flesh. Alternating flashes of blazing heat and blizzard chill hit him in waves. His senses heightened considerably and every little movement brought searing anguish to his nerves.

The being who had injected him blew softly on his arm. The nerves swelled and burst into intense, overbearing pain. It felt like seeing a rainbow after a rainstorm one moment, then walking with bare feet over a bed of hot coals the next. The man hissed softly, pleased.

'you may tell your master youngling.... you must come....'

Then everything went dark.

-----------------------

*thwack Writers Block with my lightsaber* I have defeated you, retreat!

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Poweful post was this! Powerful! :eek:

It felt like seeing a rainbow after a rainstorm one moment, then walking with bare feet over a bed of hot coals the next.

Very well written description!

And you are correct about my user name! :D

Keep up the good work.

21. Lorax

Nov 1, 2003
    Poweful post was this! Powerful!

:eek: I'm almost afraid to post after that now...

Almost. ;)

-------------------

Renn and Rialle had taken Iyana, Rio, and an unconsious Jax down to the healers ward to check them out for injuries. Iyana and Rio had been fine, a few cuts and scrapes, but Jax had been out of it for the last three hours. The four of them had been lurking in his room ever since they were given the okay.

"Whatever possesed you three to go tramping through the vents anyhow?" Renn asked in bewilderment.

Iyana looked away from him and stared at the swirling ceiling decor while Rio just muttered something incomprehensible.

"I might understand you, Rio." Renn continued, shooting the boy a hard stare. "After all, you are only eight. But Iyana? You're a Padawan! You should know better! And Jax is eleven..."

"He's twelve," Rio and Iyana corrected simultaneously.

"I don't care how old he is!"

Renn glared sternly at the two youth and he had to take a deep breath to keep some calm in his tone. "It gives you no right to go gallivanting into restricted areas, scaring the wits out of those who should be there, falling on a Twi'Lek Master and breaking her arm, and then to top it off go comatose worrying half the healers!"

"Technically, we only did the first three," Rio said in a small voice. "Jax did the last one."

"WE DON'T CARE!" Rialle had been mostly silent up until that point. She pushed herself away from the wall she had been leaning against unable to remain quiet any longer. She was about to say more when Iyana interupted her with a fierceness that surprised both her and Renn.

"Yeah? Well you should!" She glared at the two Jedi Knights and jabbed a finger at the bed. "Don't you even care what might happen to him? No! You're just accusing us of doing something horrible and not thinking! I was taught all Jedi Knights were supposed to be calm and caring! Oohh, I was wrong!"

Her fierce accusation made Renn glance sharply at her in surprise. It was because he was worried that he was giving his impatience some reign. Yet this girl saw it as callousness toward her friend - the kid that had intrigued Renn since he had first set eyes on the slight figure staring in surprise and awe at him a week ago. Iyana's words touched Rialle too. Her flaw had always been her temper, and when she felt like she was being spyed upon... Well, beware culprits! She cast a glance at the small boy, Rio, watching his freind with his mouth slightly hanging open in surprise.

Iyana, unfazed, continued on with her barrage of words.

"You two are self-righteous, pompous, nerf-herding -"

Someone behind them cleared their throat. They all turned to see a small Mrlssi woman clad in Jedi robes standing in the doorway and staring at the young girl with deep expressive black eyes. Iyana's face drained of color.

"Padawan."

"M-master! I'm sorry! I didn't mean..." Her voice faded out and she winced, seeing the vastly dissapointed look on her Masters face.

"I am not the one you must appologize to."

Iyana turned to the two Jedi Knights and looked at them uncertainly. She took a few steps toward them then stopped. It was clear that she was both ashamed and uncomfortable. She offered a sincerely apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry. I was letting my emotions take charge of the situation. Will you forgive what I said about you?"

Renn strode up to the girl and took her hand in his, then smiled. "If you can forgive me for acting heartless."

Iyana nodded and turned to Rialle and looked at her quizically. Rialle stared at her for a full minute of agonizing silence before nodding.

Iyana grinned happily then ran up and gave the two Knights totally unexpected hugs. During the exchange Rio was almost forgotten. He was standing very, very quietly away from the group, hoping desperately that none of the madness would come his way. Luckily, everyone seemed to be content keeping the mushy stuff contained to one part of the room. When all was quiet again, he spoke up.

"So, do you

22. Vorquellyn

Vorquellyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    busy hands stay out of trouble
    that's the theory anyway
    I like this trio
    is Jax seeing part of the clone wars?

23. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Clever Rialle! Found a way to keep on eye on him and get a servant to boot! :D

24. Lorax

Nov 1, 2003
    Well, since the topic of what he's seeing come up soon, Vorquellyn, I'm not telling. :p

I feel like spoiling my readers today. Here's another postie!

-------------------

Jax's eyes flew open and the first thing he noticed was that something was pounding on his head. He moved his hand up to try to stop it, and was dismayed to find his hand moved a bit sluggishly. Closing his eyes, he concentrated on his body's condition. This was the worse he had felt in three years, since the time he had taken up a dare and bungy jumped off the grand stairway, much to the dismay of many adults. The line had been a bit to long, he had crashed into the tiled floor and broken his arm, three ribs, and shattered his jawbone. A deep ache thrummed softly through his entire body, totally contrasting the alertness and activity in his whirring brain.

Jax grimaced slightly, then willfully pushed himself up into a sitting position. He caught his breath sharply as pain exploded in his head sending bright colors sparking into his vision. After the pain subsided, he looked around the room. It was sparsely furnished, the bed, a nightstand, and a chair which currently was occupied. Jax squinted, trying to see who was curled up in the chair. Whoever it was, was turned away, facing the doorway and sleeping. Mostly all Jax could see was a blanket covering a broad back.

Jax swung his legs out over the side of the bed and stood up slowly. Fatigue ran throughout his body. He swayed slightly and had to grab the edge of the bed to keep from falling. It took a second for him to regain his balance, but when he did he started toward the chair, curious to see who his visitor was.

"With me, you will come," a soft voice said from the doorway. "Leave him to sleep, you will."

Jax was ready to argue with Master Yoda for a moment. He really wanted to know who it was. During all the numerous trips he'd made to the Healers Ward in his lifetime, nobody had ever been here waiting before. Unless of course it was someone who wanted to interrogate or discipline him. Then he shrugged and went to Master Yoda. The green Jedi Master motioned for him to walk with him down the hall. For the first few moments the only sound coming from the two of them was the tap-tap-tap of Yoda's gimmer stick.

"So, who was it?" Jax asked a bit hesitantly, not quite sure if he should break the silence.

"Know, you should. Concentrate. Think."

He named his favorite teacher. "Umm... Master Posh?"

He was rewarded with a glare and a swift wack from Yoda's gimmer stick.

"Ow! Master Yoda!"

"Me, it was not."

Jax stopped in his tracks and stared in bewilderment at Master Yoda. The old Jedi just met his gaze and stared unwaveringly back at him. Jax sighed, rolled his eyes, and began searching his brain for any clue that would tell him who his mystery guest was. He couldn't think of anyone and did not want to be hit with Master Yoda's stick again. So he said nothing.

Master Yoda waited for him to speak. Jax waited for Master Yoda to stop waiting. Neither wanted to speak before the other. They stood staring at each other and Jax's eyes started to water. Really bad. He didn't want to blink first either. That would be like... giving in.

"Your resolve, admire I do. Yet answered the question, you have not." Yoda admonished quietly. Jax blushed slightly and looked down and shrugged.

"I really don't know who it was."

"Then thinking you are not!" Master Yoda shook his head then proceded to answer. "Six days, Knight O'bano has sat with you. Turned down a mission to watch you, he did."

Jax didn't believe what his ears had just heard. He shook his head back and forth, mirroring Master Yoda's motion.

"No way! I just met him, why would he do that? Besides, it's only been..." He broke off realizing that he had no real idea how long his last 'vision attack' had lasted. He finished lamely, "...not that long."

"Know it is true, you will, when reach out to the Force, you do." Master Yoda gave him one final look then continued walking d

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Aw! That was a cute posty! I love that Renn sat with him. Do I sense a bond? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.