main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Destinies Entwined:Jaina's Journey/Nubian Son/Unmasked Soul (AU/PT/EU)COMPLETED! *4/22*Announcement!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Anakin_PadmeFan

Anakin_PadmeFan Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    Such a beautiful, beautiful chapter! [face_love] You wrote a wonderfully touching mother/daughter scene. And I have to say, I'm searching for pen and paper, to write all that advice down! [face_laugh] ;)

You just captured the moments before a wedding perfectly, right down to the proud and teary-eyed father. And I also liked that Raven received the gem back on her wedding day.

There's only one thing wrong...now I want a wedding!! :_| [face_laugh] ;)

2. SlowLearner

SlowLearner Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2002
    Wow, this board split thing is weird! Being the knucklehead that I am, it took me a while to figure out where the orignal fan fic board went. LOL

Well now that I'm here, it's time to practice my force levitation skills. Rise DE thread! To the top you go. :D

And I'll be back later to practice the Jedi mind trick! ;)

3. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii, I'm back! :D Just got caught up and I gotta say, can't wait till you get everything else out of the way and just get to the frickin' wedding. ;) Marry 'em! Hitch 'em! Stick 'em in the rings! (Sorry, slightly hyper tonight, having just seen Blue Man Group for the first time...) ;)

4. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Ooooo, Irish setting! :cool: :D

And a mornin' up fer Unmasked Soul.

Ahhh, that's a good lass.

<smirk>

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hi Guys!

A_PFan

You wrote a wonderfully touching mother/daughter scene. And I have to say, I'm searching for pen and paper, to write all that advice down!

*Snicker snicker* pretty good stuff considering I've never been married, eh? ;)

Slowlearner

I know- it was a little confusing, eh? That's why I'm not moving my beast here anytime soon.

Thanks for the Up- your skills are getting quite strong in the levitation department.

Sebby

Welcome back! :D Glad you beat DRL. I haven't seen Blue Man Group- but I would like to go sometime.

Arriss

Thanks for the UP!

Alright, so everyone wants the wedding now- so I will get to work on it- warning the chapter will be really long and you'll have to just wait for it. Why? Because I plan to end DE on the wedding! :eek: Well, there will be an epilogue too- so it won't be completely over with the wedding. But I'm going to get to work on the chapter this week and see how it goes- I don't know if I will get it up this week or if it will be next- mostly because since it'll be the last- I want it to be perfect.

Patience is appreciated. Thanks everyone :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Thank GOD for a 50 degree day in New England :)

6. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Thank GOD for a 50 degree day in New England

I'll drink to that. I'm out there with no hat and a short-sleeved shirt for the first time in about five or six months!!! :D

Something tells me we're not out of the snow-covered woods yet, though. [face_plain]

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah well as long as we can get a week where all of the current snow melts and vanishes, I'll be happy. If we get a little more, it'll just melt immediately. I so desperately want to start working in cleaning my disaster of a garden it isn't even funny.

I feel like just going outside and sitting in the sun for my lunch hour.

When I was young I had relatives from Finland who came to visit my grandparents one winter in the Central Valley in California. We all thought the Finns were insane for heading outdoors in shorts and bathing suits in 50 degree days to get tan. Sadly, I now understand why they did that :(

8. ChaseherChiss

ChaseherChiss Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    Sorry havn't posted in a while.

I have loved the last five or six posts. You have done such a wonderful job with this story. Your characters are right on and I love the way you write them

Can't wait to see the rest but sad to see it end!!

:(

9. Anakin_PadmeFan

Oct 17, 2002
  10. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Ok, the way I see it since the story is winding down... I believe PLJ mentioned two more posts, or something like that, so we, as her beloved audience of readers, should do something for her. Give her back something to show how much we have truly appreciated her long hours of writing to create this saga, this epic- for it truly is something that will stand the test of time.

So I was thinking- what could we do? Well, we really can't send her bunches of flowers or candies to brighten her day, but we could go back and share some of our favorite DE stories, memories, or whatever. If no one else wants to do this that is fine, but I truly think PLJ needs some love in this thread while she's working on the end of the story.

I think one of my favorite memories from the thread is back in the second book when PLJ was posting everyday. No, it wasn't because we got a post each day that this is one of my fondest memories, but it was always fun to come back up from a stupid, boring class and relax to a post from PLJ.

My favorite part of the actual stories is the love stories that are cleverly displayed throughout the action and plot. I'm a hopeless romantic, so with every love story my heart grows more attached to this story. First it was Jaina and Marxx, it took me a while to warm up to him, since you know I have loyalties somewhere else where Jaina's heart lies, but overtime and through PLJ's talent with words I can only see her with Marxx in this section of the galaxy she has created. Then came Jacen and Raven. I was worried at first that it would become a cliched relationship... afterall two sets of twins getting married... but PLJ has done anything, but that. Their love for one another truly does run deep and she has created the perfect girl for Jacen. Finally there's Anakin and Tenel Ka, we're just starting to see these two work together and I can't wait to see what you do with them in that side story you were talking about. Also along the way there were old favorites (Han and Leia) and some new ones (Marxx's parents)

Thank you PLJ for creating such a beautiful and talent story. I will never forget the stories and times that I have read and had on your thread. I will continue to read whatever you write in the future and I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

11. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Truthfully i maynto have been around as much as some of the other readers but this story grabbed my attention from the start. It was one of the first i started reading with Jaina with another character besides Kyp or Jag. The way you presented Marxx was wonderful and I fell in love with him from the start.

Also, Jacen. In all the other stories out there, this is the one I fell in love with Jacen's character the most. He loves Raven so much he wouldn't leave her, you've made him so likeable . . .

Raven what can i say . . . she changed from the beginning to the end, yet she also has captured many of our hearts, including mine. If i had a favorite character in this triology it would Raven or Jacen. More Raven than anything. I love her to death and i cannot wait for the wedding.

We were introduced to so many different new characters and now i feel as if i knwo them. I love the Anakin/Tenel Ka pairing and all the old and new couples. But if i were to thank you for soemthing PLJ it would be for creating Raven and Marx into such lovable characters and they are part of the reason i became so hooked on the story!!!

Ok theres my input!!

~MJ

12. Anakin_PadmeFan

Oct 17, 2002
  13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Chase

Glad you enjoyed the last several posts- I know- you have to sneak them in at work when no-one's watching ;) I understand that you don't post all of the time.

Yes the end draws near.. it will be sad, but frankly I'll be glad. I would never in my life have expected to produce such an immense opus on these boards. Back when I started this story I grandly said it would be a trilogy- w/ absolutely no idea how I would accomplish that! :eek: Looks like the muses knew I had this tale to tell- even if I was uncertain of where this journey would lead me.

A_PFan

Thanks for the UPs!

Sara

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

What a wonderful, wonderful surprise! My readers are the best :_|

it was always fun to come back up from a stupid, boring class and relax to a post from PLJ.

Hee hee- I don't even know HOW I ever cranked out that many chapters at once. Good lord it makes my head spin. I'm amazed my poor Beta reader didn't have his head spin off from the amount of chapters I kept throwing at him. Needless to say- my pace has slowed and whenever I get around to posting my next story- don't expect that kind of posting schedule again. But I'm certainly glad I could bring some happiness to your boring days :)

First it was Jaina and Marxx, it took me a while to warm up to him, since you know I have loyalties somewhere else where Jaina's heart lies, but overtime and through PLJ's talent with words I can only see her with Marxx in this section of the galaxy she has created.

I think I've said before eons ago before I even knew what fanfic writing was I came up w/ the idea of Marxx and his name. His character was actually more of a Landoesque character back then- very suave- I just love how he came out in this story. He's a man truly worthy of Jaina's hand.

Then came Jacen and Raven. I was worried at first that it would become a cliched relationship... afterall two sets of twins getting married... but PLJ has done anything, but that. Their love for one another truly does run deep and she has created the perfect girl for Jacen.

I've mentioned before when I started writing Raven's character, until I had Jacen get accidentally left on the ship- I had no plans on hooking them up as a love match. It's funny how serendipity works sometimes. Things just suddenly become crystal clear for storytelling.

I really can't say which of the 3 couples is my favorite because I love them all. But I'd probably give Raven/Jacen the edge- mostly because Raven's my darling and is dear to my heart. She's complex and clueless at the same time... much like Anakin Skywalker.

Finally there's Anakin and Tenel Ka, we're just starting to see these two work together and I can't wait to see what you do with them in that side story you were talking about. Also along the way there were old favorites (Han and Leia) and some new ones (Marxx's parents)

It may be a while before I get around to writing "To Court a Queen." I am back in the writing zone- but I also have another non-SW story swimming in the back of my subconscious that is screaming to be written. I'm going to have to work on it some before I work on the A/TK story... but no worries- I will get to it, I promise. :)

Thank you PLJ for creating such a beautiful and talent story. I will never forget the stories and times that I have read and had on your thread. I will continue to read whatever you write in the future and I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Thank you! [face_blush] I would never have guessed that I could find such great readers. Sara, you're continued support has definitely helped to keep me motivated in my writing. I thank you from the bottom of my heart :)

Master_Jaina

It was one of the first i started reading with Jaina with another character besides Kyp or Jag. The way you presented Marxx was wonderful and I fell in love with him from the start.

I don't understand why there aren't more Jaina/ OC stories out there- I guess so many people really love the NJO books they

14. lori71

lori71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    So unfortunately, no post this week.

That's OK...I know the next chappy is a big one and will be all the better for the TLC that you're giving it.

Is your snow gone yet? We have 3 1/2 feet on the ground now! My arms feel like they're about to fall off. Between our driveway and decks, the three of us shoveled for 4 hours. I would write more, but I'm losing feeling in my fingers. :p

15. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Sorry for all that snow Lori71
    Stopped in to say Hey der, ?Hey PLJ? Take your time, we are all still out here. 8-}

FYI: The Sun crosses the equator at 8:00 p.m. EST March 20, moving north. This equinox marks the start of spring in the Northern Hemisphere.

Thought I?d let you know Sping has almost sprung. The fields are looking a little green here. Mud, mud everywhere. It was my turn for a 67° day a few days back.

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Lori-

Sorry to hear you're getting pounded so late in the season with snow. We're finally seeing ours melt away. Last week the ground thawed somewhat and most of the snow has melted to reveal my horribly messy yard that I need to start attacking to clean up.

Altaira

Thought I?d let you know Sping has almost sprung. The fields are looking a little green here. Mud, mud everywhere. It was my turn for a 67° day a few days back.

It's in the 30's today- but at least it's above freezing. We're supposed to get rain tomorrow.. then it's supposed to warm up. I'm optimistically hoping we'll have a normal spring in the 50's and 60's. I've already had one day this week I went for a long walk at lunchtime in short sleeves. Tulips are just peeking out the ground and it looks like the lilacs are getting ready to burst out leaves.

SPRING SPRING SPRING!!!!

Hey all- looking on Starwars.com- I found these new pics from the NJO books- great artistic representations of older Han/Leia/Luke- the redhead's Mara, third down on the right is Jaina and Jacen's beside her. I'm not sure who the guy w/ the red lightsaber is- hair's too light to be Kyp. But I thought you all might like the pic of Jaina.

Click here to View

17. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    The guy with the red saber is Kyp... that was the artist rendering for the New Character Guide.

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Pffffttt! Duh- he has black hair! :eek:

19. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    Well, yes.. you and I know this but maybe the rest of the world doesn't...

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Humm... I guess so. They made him way ugly and scary too. Granted- he's not supposed to be drop dead gorgeous- but I never envisioned him w/ a huge honkin nose.

21. Anakin_PadmeFan

Oct 17, 2002
    Thanks for the link to the pics PLJ! And is it just me, or does Han look an awful lot like Tom Selleck?? :confused:

22. SlowLearner

SlowLearner Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2002
    I think one of my favorite memories from the thread is back in the second book when PLJ was posting everyday. No, it wasn't because we got a post each day that this is one of my fondest memories, but it was always fun to come back up from a stupid, boring class and relax to a post from PLJ.

I know what you mean, Sara. :) I enjoyed all 3 parts of the DE saga, but I tend to look back at Nubian Son with a lot of fondness because back then (when work wasn't so busy) I had time to catch the daily chapters in the mornings.

My morining ritual at that time was: get to work, grab a donut and some coffee, shuffle some papers around to pretend like I'm working, and then log on to TF.N to read the latest installment of DE. I had a lot of fun during those times. :D

So thanks, PLJ! I too appreciate all the work you put into crafting this marvelous tale and all the fond memories reading this story has given me. :)

23. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Sweet post?Raven?s talk with her mother and father was excellently done?Jaina walking in and acting as if thousands of well-wishers was nothing was funny :D

~TJF

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    A_PFan

And is it just me, or does Han look an awful lot like Tom Selleck??

Uhhh... I think it's just you. Looks like Harrison to me.

Slowleaner

So thanks, PLJ! I too appreciate all the work you put into crafting this marvelous tale and all the fond memories reading this story has given me.

[face_blush] You're very welcome! I've certainly enjoyed writing it and the fact that so many other people have enjoyed what I've created, makes it all the more worth while.

Trickster

Glad you are caught up and enjoyed... the big day's on Monday!! [face_love]

25. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Actually, I think Han looks more like Indy in that pic. ;) I really like the renditions of him, Mara, and Leia on that page.