main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Destinies Entwined:Jaina's Journey/Nubian Son/Unmasked Soul (AU/PT/EU)COMPLETED! *4/22*Announcement!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Aug 5, 2002.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Slowlearner

Thanks for the up! ;) I really like this new icon too. I liked the Jaina one but lots of other people in the fanfic forum are using it- so I switched.

Ok here's the last chappie for DE:US. As I mentioned before, there will be an epilogue for all of DE that will be posted on Wen.

Enjoy!

Chapter 52

The blue and green planet of Hapes 5 spun on it?s axis. A large continent, located below the southern equator, covered with jungle oasis land, plunged into nightfall. In the far northwestern corner of the lush continent, a secluded vacation resort nestled in large, tropical nature preserve. Teeming with life, the canopy of ancient trees that homed thousands of indigenous lifeforms towered over rolling hills and looming, dormant volcanoes. The full moon radiated light over the tranquil, rhythmic water of a lake nestled in the middle of preserve. Night birds and creatures called to their mates and for sought out their dinners in the surrounding forests. In the middle of the resort land, in the middle of the lake, standing on stilts rested a cozy, secluded vacation hut bathed in the moonlight as the smell of salt, tropical wildflowers, and rich, fragrant soil hung in the cool, night air. Through an open window, the only sign of life in the hut was the soft glow from a fading fire. The light from the fire?s embers illuminated the bedroom in a low, warm radiance. Piles of haphazardly strewn luggage, robes, and shoes lay forgotten around the room, as the hut?s occupants lay nestled together in a large, soft bed under a pile of silky and luxurious fabrics.

Raven leaned on her elbow and gazed longingly at her spent and exhausted husband. A dreamy, contented smile plastered over Jacen?s sleeping face, as he snored. Raven?s lips curled into a grin as her fingers lightly traced the path of the muscles in his right arm. Curling herself around Jacen?s body, Raven smiled as Jacen wrapped his arm tightly around his wife in his sleep, crushing her against his body. She closed her eyes, inhaled Jacen?s masculine and comforting scent, and enjoyed the protective weight of his arm around her bare back as the sounds from the forest filtered in through the windows. Raven smiled at the solitude of their location and suddenly felt very grateful to Tenel Ka for her generous gift at this exclusive oasis for their Honeymoon.

Too wired and elated to sleep, Raven?s fingers danced across Jacen?s chest as visions from earlier in their wedding day swirled in her mind:

From out of the darkened tunnel, Jacen and Raven saw a long line of immense, native falumpasets each fitted with ceremonial seats secured to the highest parts of their gray, leathery hided backs. Raven peaked an eyebrow as she saw the Queen sitting upon the back of the first falumpaset and nervously watched a court page who offered his hand to help her onto the back of one of the waiting creatures.

?Can we go on together?? Jacen asked the young man, detecting Raven?s reluctance.

?Of course, there is room for you both,? the boy replied.

?Want me to go first?? Jacen asked. ?I?ll help you up into my lap then.?

?O..kay,? Raven replied, suspiciously as she watched the page activated an elevating lift that carried Jacen to the top of the creature?s back. He held out his arms to his bride as she nervously stepped onto the lift. When it reached the height of the creature?s back she fell into Jacen?s open arms. Snuggling tightly against him, her eyes widened as the beast let out a happy bellow. She shifted nervously in the seat as the beast wiggled, anxious to get moving.

Chuckling, Jacen said, ?I think he likes you.?

Craning her neck around the large, red fan that framed the back of their seat atop the creature she watched as Jaina and Marxx climbed onto another falumpaset together. Tanella waved Anakin aside and climbed on her creature alone w/ Krishta cradled on her lap. Anakin and Tenel Ka shared the ride on one of the beasts. Both sets of parents found their own creatures to climb. Luke, Mara, and Ben received

2. ChaseherChiss

ChaseherChiss Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    It's can't end yet!!

runs off whailing

This story/trilogy, has been one amazine ride. I have thoroughly enjoyed your writing style PLJ and will gladly read anything you have to offer up in the future.

Congratulations to you, and may you continue to hold favor in the court of muses!

Chas

3. lori71

lori71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Read something positive every night and listen to something helpful every morning.
    --Tom Hopkins

Thank you for providing half of this maxim!

I have thoroughly enjoyed this story, and I can't express how much I appreciate the time and effort that you dedicated to this endeavor.

Many, many thanks for a job well done!

4. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Sheesh, Raven and Jacen didn't waste any time, did they? :p

"Who knows what?" Raven squeaked. "You?re not planning on getting me barefoot and pregnant immediately, are you?"

LOL!! What a line! [face_laugh] Poor girl, no wonder she's so wired. And both passing out for the same reason--talk about a match made in heaven. ;)

The museum scene...what can I say? If I were Raven, not sure if I'd be embarrassed or overjoyed. Ah, it touches the heart.

Grinning the two couples followed the bickering droids out the room,

Classic to the last. They can't quit fighting even on the happiest day in the family's history. ;)

I guess sometimes you have to learn to suffer, and to learn from the pain that life throws at you in order to really appreciate the true meaning of being happy

Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. Learn from it or live with it, I've had to do both.

But geez, how romantic. [face_love] Hey...I might come back to this story for inspiration later in my series...heh heh heh... [face_mischief] Seriously, it's that good. It should be an inspiration to anybody who writes adventure, political intrigue, action, ANYTHING--especially romance. [face_love] Can't wait for Wednesday.

Actually, I'm driving a major bus trip to Boston on Wednesday. Can I be there to witness the historic posting of the very last entry of DE??? ;)

5. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    WOW WHAT AN ENDING TO A BEAUTIFUL STORY!!!

I KNOW IT MUST TAKE TREMENDOUS AMOUNTS OF ENERGY TO CREATE SUCH BEAUTY. TO CONVEY WORDS WHICH FORM IMAGES IN THE BRAIN IS TRULY A GIFT. THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR GIFT PLJ.

6. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I got a little teary with the Queen?s reading of the letter and the dedication to Raven. Good thing you gave me the hanky

Yeah, Jacen better get use to who?s in charge. The ship sounds like more fun than a limo, I?m sure it has autopilot. What a beautiful, sharing end for this wonderful story. Your descriptions took me to the nice place they are at. I always did love the star stuff! I don?t they will have to wish upon that shooting star.

:D [face_love] :D

7. SlowLearner

SlowLearner Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2002
    *applause, applause* What a wonderful ending to Unmasked Soul, PLJ. I couldn't help but grin and smile and basically feel good about how overwhelmingly happy Jacen and Raven were in this final chapter. You did such a remarkable job describing their joy that it definitely became contagious. :D

I also very much enjoyed your description of the settings and the atmosphere. The procession from the wedding hall to the new art museum seemed so festive, and it brought to mind that fun celebration at the end of TPM. Also, Jacen and Raven's honeymoon hideaway on Hapes 5 really seemed like paradise - soothing, calm, peaceful, and of course, romantic. The details you provided gave me a perfect picture of it in my mind's eye. :)

And wow...Raven's one blessed bride when it comes to wedding gifts. Not only does she get a museum named after her, but she also gets a new state-of-the-art ship! How cool! Sure beats toasters and blenders. [face_laugh]

Lastly, it was touching how Raven looked back on Palo and Kyp as she was starting a new life for herself with Jacen. They may be gone, but they're definitely not forgotten. Come to think of it, the same holds true for Unmasked Soul. Even though it's over, I'll certainly never forget how much I enjoyed reading this entertaining tale week after week. So once again...*applause, applause* Take a bow, PLJ! :D

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Chase

runs off whailing

I'm sorry to have gotten you so upset :( I hope your coworkers don't think you're looney tunes :p

I have thoroughly enjoyed your writing style PLJ and will gladly read anything you have to offer up in the future.

Congratulations to you, and may you continue to hold favor in the court of muses!

Why thank you [face_blush] I'll look for you in a few weeks then ;)

Lori

Snicker snicker- WHAT is up w/ that Qui-Gon icon? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Where are his brownies? [face_laugh]

I'm glad you enjoyed my story. I'm sometimes amazed that I picked up as many readers as I have. I feel truly blessed. :) Thank you for your constant support. Your goofy comments often make my day.

Sebulba

But geez, how romantic. Hey...I might come back to this story for inspiration later in my series...heh heh heh... Seriously, it's that good. It should be an inspiration to anybody who writes adventure, political intrigue, action, ANYTHING--especially romance. Can't wait for Wednesday.

Wow! [face_blush] [face_blush] Why thank you for the high praise. I don't know about political intrigue- maybe mysteries though. I will fully admit to being the ultimate, hopeless romantic when it comes to writing. Mush just flows from my brain (Humm that's a rather unflattering thought, isn't it ?[face_plain] )

Actually, I'm driving a major bus trip to Boston on Wednesday. Can I be there to witness the historic posting of the very last entry of DE???

Hee hee- if it wasn't for the fact that you're a bus driver, I'd even be willing to throw back a cold one with you :D

Qingauk

Thank you for the kind words, and for being w/ me from the very beginning :)

Altaira

The ship sounds like more fun than a limo, I?m sure it has autopilot. What a beautiful, sharing end for this wonderful story. Your descriptions took me to the nice place they are at. I always did love the star stuff! I don?t they will have to wish upon that shooting star.

You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed. Yeah, I think their ship will be fun to fly. Course I'm not getting to that until after my next story- J&M & R&J are taking the back seat and only making brief appearances in the next story... they'll take center stage again in the following one.

And yeah, I don't think Raven needs to wish on stars anymore. Her dreams have all come true :)

Slowlearner

And wow...Raven's one blessed bride when it comes to wedding gifts. Not only does she get a museum named after her, but she also gets a new state-of-the-art ship! How cool! Sure beats toasters and blenders.

*Snicker snicker* [face_laugh] LOL! That's too funny!

Lastly, it was touching how Raven looked back on Palo and Kyp as she was starting a new life for herself with Jacen. They may be gone, but they're definitely not forgotten. Come to think of it, the same holds true for Unmasked Soul. Even though it's over, I'll certainly never forget how much I enjoyed reading this entertaining tale week after week. So once again...*applause, applause* Take a bow, PLJ!

<<Deeply bowing before readers>> Well I know part 3 took me quite a while to write, but I needed to get it out of my system and write it the way it demanded to be told. I'm so glad everyone enjoyed it. Raven and Jacen really morphed into becoming 2 of my favorite characters in this story. For anyone who's wondering, not my next story To Court A Queen but the next I'll have Jacen taking a more take action role in it. He'll have more to do and get to wield more of his prowess w/ the saber, etc. (Course I haven't exactly decided how or why that will happen yet, but that is in the plans ;) )

Thank you all for the nice comments- remember to stop by tomorrow for the last post ever here.

9. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Slowlearner ? And wow...Raven's one blessed bride when it comes to wedding gifts. Not only does she get a museum named after her, but she also gets a new state-of-the-art ship! How cool! Sure beats toasters and blenders.

LMAO [face_laugh]

Still the ?bad monkey? I see. :D :D [face_laugh]

Well, PLJ, it?s been quite the ride?

I find it hard to believe it?s over. I wanted to wait until you posted your last few chapters to comment and I guess a part of me is melancholy that the end has come. Maybe I just didn?t want to think it was over?

Well, I have no doubt that you have other ideas up your sleeve and it?ll be a pleasure to read them when they come to fruition. I?ve watched your writing change and develop from one chapter to the next, one saga to another. Your descriptions are fabulous ? they really bring the reader in and show them the scene in their own mind?s eye. Of course ? the mush! How can we not writhe and squeal at the wonderful mush you provide? :D As you know, my favorite people/couple is Raven and Jacen. You really brought them to life and gave us someone to care about and watch as their lives unfolded before us. Thank you. :)

As the epilogue truly defines that the DE Saga is ?finis? I just wanted to say, ?Thanks for the memories ? it?s been a pleasure.?

Peace
    PJ

10. BadMonkey

BadMonkey Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2003
    Still the ?bad monkey? I see.

But of course, Arriss! Once a bad monkey, always a bad monkey. :D

Hello, all! I am BadMonkey, the alter ego of SlowLearner. She just wanted to let you know that this is her warped way of wishing everyone in the DE thread a happy April Fools day. :p

And don't worry, SlowLearner will be back tomorrow. ;) There's no way she's gonna miss the final DE post.

11. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Slowl... errr, Bad monkey

LMAO!
    heehee

You are sooo warped! But...no April Fool's joke? I'm disappointed! [face_laugh]

Hmmm, dwell on this I must...after I get these pesky Leprechauns off of me. Just can't let go of their holiday, I'm tellin' ya!

12. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    if it wasn't for the fact that you're a bus driver, I'd even be willing to throw back a cold one with you

It so happens I'm dropping my group off about 9:30 AM, and won't be back on the road till 4:30... :D

Yeah, in our dreams. Curse the DOT, can't have alcohol while on the clock, even if I ain't going anywhere for seven hours. Grr.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Arriss

Thank you [face_blush] Truly, as you can probably tell I love J&R as much as I do J&M- maybe even more so. Raven's definitely my pride and joy of a character. She's the most rounded and richest character I've ever written. It's been a pleasure writing her and bringing her ups and downs to everyone around here.

BAD MONKEY :p

LOL! Salacious Crumb IS the GFFA equivalent of a bad monkey, isn't he? Hee hee hee!

Thanks for the laugh SL.

Sebby

*Sigh* well maybe we'll just have to catch up someother time.

Alright everyone, here's a day I doubted would ever come to pass... here's the epilogue.

It's been a privilege writing this story and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for following me on this GFFA adventure. :)

Epilogue

?Look over there!? Jaina said, suddenly, pointing towards a northern hill.

Shielding his eyes from the blinding sun, Marxx stared startled in the direction Jaina indicated. Giggling, Jaina plunged into the lake and began to furiously swim in the water towards the tiny island.

?Hey!? Marxx shouted. Flashing an annoyed glance at his wife, Marxx took a long run and leapt into the warm water, bounced to the surface and chased after her retreating form. Eventually the couple crawled out onto the soft sand, with Jaina far in the lead.

Breathlessly she shouted to Marxx after he finally reached the shore, ?See I told you I would get here first, Marxx!?

Placing his fists on his hips, and shaking his curled head, spraying his wife with water, Marxx said, ?Yes, and you leaped in the water well before me! You cheated!?

Eyes open wide, Jaina pointed at herself, ?Me, cheat??

?Yes, you. I should think that Queen Cerullia would be very interested to know that her future Senator cheats!? Marxx replied, lips pursed tightly together.

A quiver of fear crept into Jaina?s heart as she sat up in the sand, nervously she asked, ?You wouldn?t mention that to her, would you??

Marxx stared contemplatively towards the sky, then his face cracked into a large grin. He said, ?Had you going there, didn?t I??

Tossing a handful of sand at her husband, Jaina flopped to the ground in relief. She said, ?I would just have killed you, especially after spending the last week packing to move to Coruscant.?

?You know I?m supportive of you, baby. I?m just teasing. Besides, even if you?d given me a five minute lead, you still would?ve beaten me. I?m just not the greatest swimmer,? Marxx replied. As the bright Nubian sun kissed Marxx?s broad, bare chest, his eyes turned towards the center of the island.

Stroking his muscular forearm, Jaina said, ?Go ahead and visit him, honey. I?ll give you a few moments alone.?

Smiling, Marxx leaned forward and kissed Jaina lightly on the lips. As he pulled away, he said, ?Thanks.?

Jaina watched as Marxx climbed to his feet, brushed sand off of his body, and swimtrunks, and walked through the overgrown path towards his grandfather?s mausoleum. Flipping her head back into the sand, Jaina closed her eyes and experienced the wondrous sensation of the warm sunshine massaging her skin. She could feel the water drops evaporate and then dry, leaving tiny spots of coolness that quickly became warm on her body. Contented, she let the frantic packing schedule of the last week, and some recent rounds of nausea, leak from her conscious as she enjoyed the simple pleasure of sunbathing.

She focused on her hearing and picked out the sounds of six distinctively different birds sings. An echo from the past whispered into her ear We used to come here every day on retreat. I love the water, we would swim over to that island, lie in the sand and let the sun dry us -we would try to name the birds singing. Jaina smiled, and as her mind replayed when she and Marxx climbed out of the water, she suddenly remembered her vision she received long ago of Padme and Paulo climbing out of this very same lake. She recalled that they had said similar things to each other, although with time, their exact words had fa

14. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    And thus ends our tale... it was a lovely tale, not only of love, but redemption. There could have been no better ending to this story than the final connection between these two families. I'm going to thoroughly miss this story.... but rest assure it was a wonderful journey to share in...

15. SlowLearner

SlowLearner Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2002
    That was a beautiful ending, Nubian Queen. :) It's very fitting that DE ends with Jaina and Marxx since it began with their story.

Jaina reflecting on the legacy of the previous generations of the Skywalker and Racees families was really moving. There are many aspects of DE that I love, but my favorite has always been how it focuses on the concept of family - past, present, and future and how family ties play a critical role in one's destiny. You captured the spirit of GL's Star Wars saga quite well. :)

And how fitting that DE should end with news that a new Racees is on his/her way. Considering he or she will be from the Skywalker and Racees gene pools, what a handful that kid will be. Marxx and Jaina better watch out! [face_laugh] I bet they'll have to modify their pod racer so it seats 3 now (or 4 if they have twins ;) ).

Also, thanks for tolerating the brief appearance of my "bad monkey" persona yesterday. :p I hadn't been called that in a while so when Arriss mentioned that affectionate pet name again, it brought warm feelings to my heart. Thanks, Arriss! ;)

Ya know, not only will I miss this story, but I'll miss the posters in this thread as well. What a terrific bunch of readers you have, and what a magical, compelling story this has been, PLJ. Congrats on a job well-done. :)

16. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    PLJ.. I love happy endings like that!! I just knew somehow that a "new generation" of Anakin/Padme love would come about! Yeah. I will miss this story but you ended it perfectly, IMO.

17. Anakin_PadmeFan

Anakin_PadmeFan Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    The last chapter of DE... It seems like just the other day that I decided to give your story a try, even though it wasn't an A/P story. And I'm so glad that I did. You've created a wonderful cast of characters, who are so easy to fall in love with. And your descriptions always make me feel as if I'm there, experiencing all of the emotions, and truly seeing what the characters see. Congratulations on a job well done! :)

I also got a little teary with the Queen's reading of the letter and the dedication to Raven. And I have to laugh. The poor girl is completely taken by surprise, and then they stick a microphone in her face! But hey, at least she didn't faint! [face_laugh] ;)

Jacen let out a loud snort. His eyes flew open then shut as he immediately fell back asleep.
    I just had to laugh at this line! The visual was just TOO funny! [face_laugh]

And the very end... a supernova of love blazed in Raven's heart.... a large shooting star blazed across the skyline... and my favorite... Unmasked and unblemished their love burned radiantly, infusing itself onto the Force, causing the star?s tail to brighten, as they banished darkness out of their lives, forever. [face_love] [face_love] Pure poetry!

This whole chapter was just beautiful. After all they've been through, to have such a nice, quiet and romantic time together. A very fitting ending for DE, indeed. :)

Epilogue

And it ends with the beginning...

Inhaling Marxx?s masculine scent, mingled with the dried salt on his skin, Jaina smiled. Biting her lip, she decided it was time to tell him her secret. She said, ?Of course it may become quite a juggling act for me? for us??

?Being a politician can?t be all fun and games, I mean your Mom?s always busy. I hope it doesn?t take over your life completely? that you can learn to balance your work and home life,? Marxx said, suddenly worried.

Sighing, Jaina said, ?Well, I?ll have a reason to return home and not take on too much responsibility at work??

?True, we will have to work on doing everything we can to make our Coruscant apartment half way as comfortable as our bungalow here on Naboo. I?m sure you?ll want to come home early to help with decorating the place?? Marxx rambled.

Rolling her eyes, Jaina sighed again deeply, frustration building. Removing her right hand from Marxx?s waist she grabbed his chin in her hand and yanked his eyes to meet her own. Through puckered lips, Marxx asked, ?What??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Men are SO clueless! (no offense, guys! :D ;) )
    Thank you so much, for sharing your wonderful gift with all of us. :)

18. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Thanks for the hunk vision of Marxx. And a new Racees/Solo, you can?t end there. Han?s gonna be a grandpa, he?s gotta faint. JK. That was a nice end.

The regularity of your posts have been a bright spot during the week to look forward to. You have been nice to every reader who posts. I am going to miss this. It has been a very fun thread.

Your story has provided me hours of enjoyment, the humor has been excellent. This was exciting and fun to read. Your attention to details has been wonderful making all areas of the story easy to imagine, including some imaginative situations.

All your character?s personalities were full and well described. They interacted with each other great, you made me love many of them.You have developed and followed many plots at the same time and given us a large and complete world to play in. Thank you for the hours and hours of entertainment.

Your surprising humor has at tension filled times given laughter, and YOU are the Queen of Mush. [face_love]

I?m going to miss my Tuesdays and Thursdays with your story (sometimes other days too). I saved all the files and have given them a place of honor in my backups.

:) Thanks for sharing your story with us.

19. lori71

lori71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Beautiful ending. You certainly know how to please your readers. Now I have a picture in my mind of a very pregnant Jaina, waddling down the aisle, in a fluffy bridesmaid's dress for her baby brother's wedding.

I started reading your story because I enjoyed your comments on the AOTC thread. Your story was the first tf.n fanfic that I read, and I've been hooked ever since. I sincerely thank you for that.

20. Mr_Boba_Jango

Mr_Boba_Jango Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2002

My Queen,

I just want to thank you for pouring your heart and soul into this story for the past 8 months. Its been a long and wonderful road following you through your DE journey, this amazing story about the power of family and love. Your original characters practically leapt off the screen and came to life in my mind and heart, and you wove them in seamlessly with our favorite SW characters. I?ll never be able to look at Han Solo again (or Harrison Ford for that matter) without thinking of him tearing into Marxx on the day he came to ask for Jaina?s hand in marriage. And how could anyone ever read about Jacen Solo again without thinking of his beloved Raven. Who knew that Anakin Solo (who was killed off in the AU at age 16) would grow into this big strapping guy who would sweep the stoic Tenel Ka off of her feet as if he were Rhett Butler himself! Kyp, Gwynalyn, Paulo, Chariss, Krishta, Rowlon, Kendu, Hydin, Darkglider, .... You went out of your way to insure that they all had wonderfully rich and unique personalities. In fact, we got to know them all so well, that we could almost predict how they would respond in certain situations.

You are a masterful writer Miss Blake. And I will truly miss my daily dose of DE.

I eagerly look forward to your next fic :D

Your faithful BetaJango [face_love]

21. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    It's actually over.

Un-buh-leeeeevable.

Yipe! Senator Jaina? :eek: Now there's a scary thought! :p I see she's still having some flashbacks. Wonderful way to tie the end of the story to the beginning.

It is as if our families, yours and mine, were destined to entwine together.

Yay, you tied in the title. :D I love it when they do that.

And this took place over TWO YEARS??? Egad. Time flies when you're havin' fun.

Feeling as though he?d just flown out of the cockpit of his podracer and hit a stone wall,

Gah!!! I can imagine how THAT feels, so I can put myself in Marxx's shoes! Senators who are on the nest are probably not the easiest people in the galaxy to get along with.

Kinda fitting that it's pouring rain as I read the last entry of a surging epic such as the JC has never seen before. At least it ain't white stuff. :D

22. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Congrats on finishing the EPIC!!

I'm sending the PoolBoy over with a plate of Brownies and blue milk to celibrate...

23. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    :_| Noooo, it can't be, that's impossible! ;)

A memorable way to end this saga, my friend. Jaina and Marxx off to Coruscant (the Senate better watch out for this particular Senator) for not only a new life themselves but now they will also have a child. I'm envisioning Marxx as a father, oh my [face_shocked] if it's a girl!!! Whoa.

I don't know who would be more lost - Jaina or Marxx. :D

Again, I'd like to express my thanks for sharing such a wonderful saga and making these characters so alive. You've written such an excellent and engaging story!

<walks away from the story, albeit reluctantly then turns my head back to make one last comment> As this will be the first grandchild for Han & Leia, can you imagine what they're going to be like? HAHAHAHAHAHA :D Priceless!!!

24. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] raven and jacen, swapping fainting stories :p such...model jedi masters ;)

dedicating the arm museum to raven was a nice touch :D and that letter... :( poor raven...

Jacen let out a loud snort. His eyes flew open then shut as he immediately fell back asleep.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] *enough said*

?It?s not exactly a great name for going incognito though. We might as well just shout Hey it?s Jacen and Raven Solo!?

[face_laugh] *keep this up and i'll be out of laughing faces [face_plain] :p *

?I woke up to not find you next to me and well? I panicked,? Jacen replied, sheepishly.

i wonder if he fainted ?[face_plain] [face_mischief]

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] marxx is so clueless 8-} good things jaina's going to be the seantor and not marxx 8-}

?I don?t really care as long as she or he is healthy,? Marxx replied. ?I?d have thought you?d have wanted a girl, you know, pass on the strong Nabierre women genes??
    Smirking, Jaina said, ?Yeah, and what would I get? I?d get a daughter who wanted to play in frilly dresses all day and do her hair and makeup and be terrified of a hydrospanner.?

and...i'm out of laughing faces *pouts* but you know i was laughing here ;)

awesome ending PLJ :D nice tie up of everything.

but...but.......DE CAN'T BE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO I NEED TO BE HYPER TO CONVINCE YOU?

:_| :_| :( :(

;)

~TJF

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Last post on previous page

Awwwww you guys are awesome [face_blush] It looks like a mixed party in here of cheers and tears.

Sara

There could have been no better ending to this story than the final connection between these two families. I'm going to thoroughly miss this story.... but rest assure it was a wonderful journey to share in...

Well you know, what better way to end this than to have the start of new life between our first couple? For although DE is ending, truly it is the mark of a new beginning :) Thank you always for following along!

Slowlearner

Jaina reflecting on the legacy of the previous generations of the Skywalker and Racees families was really moving. There are many aspects of DE that I love, but my favorite has always been how it focuses on the concept of family - past, present, and future and how family ties play a critical role in one's destiny. You captured the spirit of GL's Star Wars saga quite well.

To me SW has always been about family, or the families that circumstances create. I always viewed H/L/L as a family and it was always their friendship that made me fall in love w/ the OT to begin with. Course one of the main problems w/ the EU is that the writers were never allowed to speculate or talk about Padme- Fanfic writing allowed me to focus on that aspect of the story, which in turn, I think made the story richer.

Marxx and Jaina better watch out! I bet they'll have to modify their pod racer so it seats 3 now (or 4 if they have twins ).

Twins eh? :eek: Poor Jaina!

Bad Monkey is always welcome [face_mischief] Maybe he'll make an appearance when To Court a Queen [becomes posted.

Qingauk

I love happy endings like that!!

Hee hee- well there was enough mayhem in this tale that it required a good, solid, happy ending. Glad you enjoyed :)

A_PFan

It seems like just the other day that I decided to give your story a try, even though it wasn't an A/P story. And I'm so glad that I did. You've created a wonderful cast of characters, who are so easy to fall in love with. And your descriptions always make me feel as if I'm there, experiencing all of the emotions, and truly seeing what the characters see. Congratulations on a job well done!

Somehow I hoped that by introducing aspects from AOTC into the beginning of the tale that I would snare A&P readers [face_mischief] My goal was to create a cast of new characters whose values, strengths and weaknesses truly belonged w/ our favorites. Thank you for the lovely compliments on my writing. I only write from the heart :)

And I have to laugh. The poor girl is completely taken by surprise, and then they stick a microphone in her face! But hey, at least she didn't faint!

[voice=JarJar]How rude![/voice=JarJar] [face_laugh] I know, poor girl. I suspect that will be a day she'll never forget ;)

Men are SO clueless! (no offense, guys! )

Hee hee, well Marxx does have his blond moments :)

Altaira

Your icon looks like me if someone wakes me up too early, or rudely first thing in the morning [face_laugh]

Thank you for the lovely compliments. I certainly always try to write so that my readers can feel like they are flies on the wall and know exactly what is going on in a situation. I'm pleased to know that more times than not, my readers experienced exactly what I wished they would in my story.

Thank you for joining in on the adventure.

Lori

Now I have a picture in my mind of a very pregnant Jaina, waddling down the aisle, in a fluffy bridesmaid's dress for her baby brother's wedding.

Hee hee- well now THERE would be quite the sight, wouldn't it? Hee hee hee!

I started reading your story because I enjoyed your comments on the AOTC thread. Your story was the first tf.n fanfic that I read, and I've been hooked ever since. I sincerely thank you for that.

Really? Mine was the first? [face_blush] I'm truly honored and happy to have helped you to find a great way to pass your down time hours. Thank you constantly for your