main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Destinies Entwined:Jaina's Journey/Nubian Son/Unmasked Soul (AU/PT/EU)COMPLETED! *4/22*Announcement!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    A well-deserved up for the evening. :D

2. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    *sighs*

*sniffles*

i know...it's just...

*sniffs and trudges away*

~TJF

3. ChaseherChiss

ChaseherChiss Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    It has been a honor to read and enjoy this story you have written. Thank you for sharing it with all of us. I know anyone who stumbles on any part of this story that hasn't yet read it will undoubtedly say the same thing. It's a truly awesome ride!

Congrats on it's completion!

Chase

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Seb

Thanks for the up :)

Trickster

Cheer up sweetie, I shan't be gone for long. It WILL be a while before I get back to J&M completely, but they will make guestshots in my next story.

Chase

You snuck in just as I was getting my post together ;) Thank you for reading DE and your lovely words. I certainly hope that others still continue to stumble across my story and give it a read, I do know most all who started it had a very hard time not reading it. To me, that's the greatest compliment of all. :)

To my Dear Readers,

Where to start? I suppose the first place to begin is at the beginning. Last summer I got completely sucked in by AOTC and needed a new outlet to focus my energies away from the AOTC boards before I completely lost my mind. I never heard of fanfiction prior to coming to TF.N, it confused the heck out of me. Then in a roundabout way I read a viggy by DarthBreezy and then Scruffy-Looking?s EP 3 script and thought, ?Huh, this is interesting.? The funny thing is that eons ago I began writing a fanfic, even when I had no idea what fanfic was, or where I could ever post it if I had finished it. Many of the elements in that story morphed themselves into this fic, mostly 3 elements, a man for Jaina named Marxx Racees, a female character named Raven, and a ship called The Fiery Phoenix.

The characters changed as this story began to fly from my fingers. Now fueled w/ actual knowledge of Anakin and Padme?s relationship, I found a great way for my favorite and beloved EU characters to begin on a quest. Jaina in the books has always been a motor-head like her Dad, and frankly I always felt she could be a lot more than that. I think I?ve kept a good sprinkling of her character from the EU in my story, but I really wanted to give her the added compassion and conviction that both Leia and Padme possessed. And I just can?t help myself, the prospect of the motor-head girl as a Senator is just too delicious to pass up for further investigating.

Boldly when I began DE I said I intended for this to become a trilogy. Funny thing was I had no idea where or how this story would really progress beyond ?Jaina?s Journey? when I started out [face_laugh] My loyal readers and beta readers had to blindly trust me that wherever this story was headed that it would work out in the end.

I was always a writer growing up. From gradeschool on, teachers often marveled at my ability to write creatively beyond the levels of other kids in my classes. I would always fill my stories w/ imagery and humor. Along the way in life I parted ways w/ the author inside of me to see if maybe an artist existed within. After about 10 years of struggling with the elusive artistic muse, this story has reminded me of where my true muse lies and I?ll probably never turn my back on it again. Thanks to TF.N the writer in me is working in overload and is happier than ever no longer being ignored. For anyone who has followed this story from the beginning, you?ll notice a marked improvement in my prose and style. In each chapter I grew more confident and in control of the world I worked to present to my readers. Each chapter became clearer and easier for me to express and explain. It was the constant support and praise of my readers that really urged me to achieve more and become better at my craft. I also found myself instinctively looking for grammatical mistakes and correcting them, thanks to the watchful eye of my 2 betas Jedi-ES ?Eric - and Mr. Boba Jango ? Scott. Their editing skills helped to craft and change how I write for the better. I will always be grateful to them for their assistance :) (And I will just have to accept that knowing exactly where to put commas will never be a strong point for me.)

Star Wars had a profound effect in my life when I grew up. It was really the first time that I realized one person could create something amazing and entertaining. I idolized George Lucas for his creative energy and for the joy that his tales brought into my life. I will admit,

5. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    You are entirely welcome, PLJ. :D You know how I feel about T.K., but I guess I'll give your new story a shot if only because you're writing it. ;) And thank YOU for this fascinating revealing monologue. Not only did you let us see a little more of your world than was apparent in DE, but I for one appreciate the knowledge that you care about your readers. These days, and not just on the JC, writers who put their audience ahead of themselves are few and far between.

However, I must have to thank you, on behalf of all of us, for sharing this unbelievable epic with the rest of the world. We're all a little richer for having read it. ;) :) :D

6. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    ooh...lovely thank you's and other fun stuff :D :p

I often read from people around the boards that they think writing and creating Original Characters is one of the hardest things to do and then seamlessly merge them into the story with the standards. Not for me, I actually found that to be easier in a lot of ways than writing some of the original characters. Course that means putting a lot of energy into explaining the motives of these new characters to the audience effectively, and I guess I just really enjoy doing that.

the challenge is the best part! you get to pick and pick and pick through the character's head and you don't have to stick with what other people have written...that might because i wrote (and still write) original work for so long (has it been four years now? :eek: ) that it was second nature, but i've always found it harder to write pre-created characters...

and yes, this is my reply to a bunch of thank yous :p man i'm a spaz... :p

~TJF

7. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    help... I?m melting... melting, NOT!

As far as the rewrites go, GL did it, so should you. I have copies of the original release of OT which I hold dear to my heart, but when I want to watch them I always put in the special edition.

I found you?re expansion on the reasons you write and the driving forces that led you to write this story fascinating. I don?t have the talent of writing, I do like to read and can appreciate a good story. My biggest goal out of high school was to be the best grease monkey ever, I can relate to your Jaina and the thrill of speed. Being older now, I leave living the dangerous side to the stories.

I have enjoyed this happy, sad, loving, fun journey you took me on. Thanks. :)

8. jedi-ES

jedi-ES Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Erika,

This has been quite a journey for you, not only in time frame, but also personal growth as well. I have known you since before you began posting this epic and I have seen your writing ability improve with every chapter. Your enthusiasm for Star Wars and for your story has been clear and incredible. I was constantly amazed by your ability to write so prolifically over these 8 months. But this ability has enabled your readers to be constantly fulfilled by new chapters, almost on a daily basis.

As the story progressed, it became more complex and more in depth, but it never lost a certain passion and for lack of a better word, love. Every reader was always reminded that the writer had a great love and respect for the SW saga that came through in how she treated the established characters and how she brought in new characters that would fit within the SW universe seamlessly.

You set it upon yourself to write an SW epic, and you certainly have come through ? gloriously. :) The development over 3 parts of various characters such as Jaina, Raven, Marxx, and Jacen have been complete, logical, and they resonate with what we feel about SW and the challenges we face in our own lives. They each faced tremendous roadblocks and though it was never easy for them, they made it through and their struggles became lessons for us in our lives ? the hallmark of mythology.

You excelled at many different aspects of your story, but I always loved the family scenes ? they had such an organic feel to them, like you could place yourself in any of those situations and feel right and comfortable. But that didn?t stop you from exploring and tackling other genres within your story such as action/battle scenes, which came out remarkably well also.

I also can?t completely comment on this story without recognizing the fun that all of us posters have had here. It really became a social thread unto its own, where everyone could enjoy each other?s company, share aspects of their lives, and express their personalities. This atmosphere not only added to the enjoyment of this epic, but also to our enjoyment of TF.N ? that we could find someplace to have fun and not worry about gusher/basher gripes or anything else for that matter. We didn?t come here only for Erika?s fabulous story, but also for the people here and the people that this story attracted ? which could be just as telling a comment on this story as the story itself.

I would personally like to thank Erika for allowing me an opportunity to be apart of her creative process and experience first-hand, prior to writing my own story, how the writing and creative process works. I appreciate her trust in me as her story moved along ? and I value her friendship. For her kind words, all I can say is thank you. :)

Thank you Erika for your vision and your creativity. Your story was a focal point for a lot of us and we were enriched by reading DE and we are confident that your future efforts will only continue to show your love of Star Wars and a bit of yourself.

Eric

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Sebulba

You know how I feel about T.K., but I guess I'll give your new story a shot if only because you're writing it

Well you know, she's not paired w/ Jacen - so you really should have no beef with her. TK's about to get really human and well rounded in my next story. I don't know what it is about her- she fascinates me to no end. Thank you for your continued support though :D

And thank YOU for this fascinating revealing monologue. Not only did you let us see a little more of your world than was apparent in DE, but I for one appreciate the knowledge that you care about your readers. These days, and not just on the JC, writers who put their audience ahead of themselves are few and far between.

Well you know, what can I say? After 8 months, I needed to be a bit reflective. I did seem to have forgotten to mention TK and Anakin though, I guess I'll need to add a subnote. As for acknowledging my readers, I would never have plowed on and continued writing without their support. This story was complicated to write and it was only with their constant attention and appreciation, and suggestions that kept me motivated to continue. I will never take my readers for granted. They're the best! :D

Trickster

but i've always found it harder to write pre-created characters...

That is true. I wrote a viggy about Anakin and Padme that I found really easy to write. But I seem to sometimes have problems really getting into Luke's head. Why? I don't know. He's only been one of my favorite characters for years. I guess it mostly has to do w/ him being paired w/ Mara who never really interested me all that much (hence why you don't see them very often together in my stories.)

Altaira

I have copies of the original release of OT which I hold dear to my heart, but when I want to watch them I always put in the special edition.

I have more copies of the 'archival' editions of the OT than I know how to count. Rest assured that one day Lucasfilm will release them on DVD that way. How do I know this for certain? Lucas loves to milk as much as he can out of his beloved films. He just wants to finish Ep3 and then will one day get around to doing a special collectors set.

Eric

I was constantly amazed by your ability to write so prolifically over these 8 months

Yeah, I must confess looking back, I have no idea how I kept managing to pump out as many chapters that I did back in the beginning. I hate to break it to my readers, but those days are over. That's probably since I'm now so dedicated to the details in each chapter- it just takes time ;)

each faced tremendous roadblocks and though it was never easy for them, they made it through and their struggles became lessons for us in our lives ? the hallmark of mythology.

Well that was the point I was trying to follow in writing this story. I'm pleased that it did come off that way. I certainly love my characters and I wanted them to appear human ? even though they had special abilities and cool weapons and ships at their ready disposal.

I would personally like to thank Erika for allowing me an opportunity to be apart of her creative process and experience first-hand, prior to writing my own story, how the writing and creative process works. I appreciate her trust in me as her story moved along ? and I value her friendship. For her kind words, all I can say is thank you.

[face_blush] You know I was more than happy to have your help. I would?ve continued to ask for it if it wasn?t for the fact that your own writing and talent took off and I felt like I would be robbing you of your time with your own creative endeavors by betaing for my copious quantities of chapters. I?m very proud of you and the love and attention you put into your own story. If I could have influenced you in any way- my heart swells with pride :D

Thank you Erika for your vision and your creativity. Your story was a focal point for a lot of us and we were enriched by reading DE and we are confident that your futu

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hey Guys,

Dropping in to say that the winter fanfic awards are finally open. They will close on April 20th. You need to PM the moderator with your votes and cannot vote for the same story more than 4 times.

Here is a link, the more votes the better! :)

Winter Fanfic Awards

11. SlowLearner

SlowLearner Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2002
    Goodness gracious me! I had forgotten all about the winter fanfic awards thing. Nice to see that it's back. :)

And I really liked your excerpt, PLJ. One of my favorite romantic moments from DE. [face_love] It was worth enduring the seemingly endless wait for that awards thread to load (sheesh 56k modems suck :( ).

Note to self: Vote before April 20!!!! For now, I better finish my tax returns since the April 15 deadline is looming closer. :eek:

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Slowlearner

I agonized over what selection to pick for the Novel selection (Marxx's scene was pretty easy- being Mr. Stud Jedi on Yavin 4 ;) ) I finally decided on the proposal because it was set on my fav location in all of Naboo, it was mush filled and sweet and wonderful. :)

I'm hoping that maybe I'll start posting my next story middle of this month- if I get on a real writing kick- maybe late next week- but probably the following week. I've got a few chapters written- I just want to get a few more so I've got the groove going... just FYI.

Ok guys, now that you've had a week to reflect- I'd like to get some final thoughts from you all about DE with some questions (much like I did after the end of Nubian Son.)

1. Who's your favorite characters from the story and why?

2. Which were your favorite mushy moments?

3. Favorite action sequences, or dramatic moments?

4. Favorite couple, and why? And favorite secondary characters.

5. Was there anything you wished had happened in the story that didn't happen?

6. What things in the story shocked/surprised you the most? (Raven's death is too obvious ;) )

7. Least favorite character- or who you wished may have gotten more time.

8. Any favorite bits of dialogue spring to mind?

9. Any final thoughts you'd wish to add.

13. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Since i dont have the time now to write to all those questions and since I've already told you that you're a magnificent writer who can take into a world full of tragedy, love, hate, evil and good. You took into th elives of your original characters whom we fell in love with from the very beginning. I dont read many OC fics but as i told you before i started my OC fic because of you. These boards and these fics are my escape somewhere where i can go and get lost into a fictious world. But you made every character, every one of their actions, every battle, every misstep real to your readers. I felt as if i was right there with Jacen and Raven, Jaina and Marxx, everyone. I am in still disbelief that this story is over. But at least we can go back and visit this world again and again no matter what.

to what PLJ said about writing Originals. I actually finmd easier to write OC's because they're your creation, you create them into who they will become, their personalities, everything. I dont have the pre written stuff from the in OC's, so i find them so much easier to write and characterirze than some of the others.

ok thats it from this world for now . . .

:D

MJ

14. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    That was sooo great i think im going to cry!

SNIFFLE!

But i wont i absolutely posotivily love your stories PLJ

By the way if you didnt notice IM BACK!

15. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002

Anakin (I adore the way you wrote him!), Jaina and Marxx :D

uh?no clue :p it was probably in NS or JJ though ;)

hm?I liked the parts where raven was remembering her past (the visions, etc) and how it explained her fall?the part(s) with her lashing out at kyp were excellently done, as was raven?s death.

Jaina/marxx (it?s a given ;) ), and anakin/tk?those two are awesome :D

hm?even a conversation between tk and jacen about the change in their relationship would be nice?I don?t recall one being written and I think that would add a nice touch?

6. What things in the story shocked/surprised you the most? (Raven's death is too obvious)

actually, raven?s death didn?t shock me that much ;) I knew someone was going to die?hm?I don?t think I was incredibly knocked out of my socks by anything in particular?the quality of the whole sith-spawned thing, maybe, but no events that I can think of?my theorizer *taps head* kinda kept me on my toes ;)

hm?I love all of them, but if I had to choose one, probably raven (sorry)?it just seemed a little too easy?I kind of think she would have had even a small relapse (other than when she lashed out at kyp) or?I don?t know?something?I really liked raven and jacen?s relationship when she was dark?there was just some kind of edge or something that semi-disappeared when she returned to the light?

all the anakin/tk stuff :D [face_love] not to mention R2-D2 and C3PO ;)

can't think of any now...if i do i'll come back and edit ;)

~TJF

16. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Well, I'm back! And I've FINALLY finished reading your story. I read a whole stack of chapters in January and went to post a reply, only to discover I'd be accidently banned, and then I was away from my computer for a week, and then I was back at school, and its the first day of my school holidays now, many months later.

I think your story is brilliant, better than some EU I've read, you should be a published SW author! Your writing has gotten so much better while writing this amazing epic, I can't wait to read your next story, the quality of writing will be mind blowing!

Over the chapters I've read since I last posted in this thread, there were a few things that jumped out at me, so I thought I'd share them.

In Chapter 37 I noticed a spelling mistake, it says "decent" where it should be "descent"
    Margatall and Tenel Ka carefully moved their way through the spikes and began their decent.

After Raven's death, I was shocked and horrified that you killed her right after killing Kyp :_|, I found this sentence in Chapter 41 that seemed so poetic, and so moving. I was so sad for Jace.
    That hardly mattered to Jacen though, as he stared miserably at his empty arms.

I thought that in Chapter 43, the following was a beautiful description.
    Taking her hand and leading her back to her parent?s house, Jacen couldn?t help but think Raven?s new appearance made her seem like a beacon of light in the shroud of darkness

Ok, now for your little questionnaire.

Jace, Raven, Jaina and Luke. And Kyp. Luke has always been my very favourite SW character, and I felt that you wrote him very well. Jace was my favourite in the YJK books, and I liked the way you wrote him, so caring and wonderful. I would have to say he'd be an ideal man for me. Jaina was great, she was more than just a pilot with her head in the engine, she blossomed beautifully. Raven is the best original character I've ever read. She really evolved and became a wonderful woman at the end of it all.

The two weddings, and all the first mush moments of the couples.

Anakin and Raven dodging through the obstacle course was good. Wow, it's hard remembering three stories and all the action. There was plenty of it! And now I can't remember any of it!

Jaina and Marxx. Magic from the beginning. Just the way you brought them together was great, all those little moments, seeing the painting in the house in Tatoonie, the visions, and now they're going to be parents! I liked Kendu, he did a good job :D And that King, one of the Hapes Cluster neighbour. What was high name? I can't remember! He was cool.

Kyp was brought back to life!

6. What things in the story shocked/surprised you the most? (Raven's death is too obvious )

Shock was Kyp's death! I love Kyp, he's super cool. Can't think of anything that really surprised me, my memory is failing me!

Tenel Ka was nasty, and really bitter towards Raven and Jace for so long that she annoyed me. I'd never seen her as bitter, so it didn't fit with how I saw her. And I really didn't like Hydin. He was a complete creep. Yuck!

Things I've posted in the past, I can't remember. Humorous things, especially if they were related to OT :D

You truly are the Nubian Queen. You did an amazing job writing this epic. I laughed, I cried, I dreamt about this story. It was like reading a book, not just a fanfic. Thank you for bringing your humble readers along for the journey. :)

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Master Jaina

I dont read many OC fics but as i told you before i started my OC fic because of you.

:D :D Woohoo! I love it when I inspire other readers.

These boards and these fics are my escape somewhere where i can go and get lost into a fictious world. But you made every character, every one of their actions, every battle, every misstep real to your readers. I felt as if i was right there with Jacen and Raven, Jaina and Marxx, everyone. I am in still disbelief that this story is over. But at least we can go back and visit this world again and again no matter what.

[face_blush] Well I certainly tried to make everything as fun and realistic as you could possibly make things in that GFFA seem ;) I'm so glad you enjoyed my tale. I do have plans to rewrite each section and will probably do so by section of the trilogy- so somewhere down the road, you'll be able to revisit it and it will be even better than before :)

Rogue

Welcome back darling, just in time for it to be all over :( Glad you enjoyed my story! Hope you aren't a stranger when I post my next one!

Trickster

hm?even a conversation between tk and jacen about the change in their relationship would be nice?I don?t recall one being written and I think that would add a nice touch?

Humm... yeah I didn't do that- maybe I'll have to keep that in mind for my rewrite

hm?I love all of them, but if I had to choose one, probably raven (sorry)?it just seemed a little too easy?I kind of think she would have had even a small relapse (other than when she lashed out at kyp) or?I don?t know?something?I really liked raven and jacen?s relationship when she was dark?there was just some kind of edge or something that semi-disappeared when she returned to the light?

Well considering you kill every other character of yours off and send them into Sith hell- I guess I won't be offended that you didn't like the way I developed her character. I wanted her to be Anakin Skywalker in reverse if you will- she starts off dark then eventually w/ every lesson and action she got lighter and lighter until she was cleansed completely of her sins. Who knows how she'll be down the road, but I think her edge may have been smoothed.

Messicat

They banned the Rambler? :eek: Man, how'd that happen? Welcome back- I was thinking of sending you a PM to let you know I'd finished- but you beat me to the punch ;)

I think your story is brilliant, better than some EU I've read, you should be a published SW author! Your writing has gotten so much better while writing this amazing epic, I can't wait to read your next story, the quality of writing will be mind blowing!

[face_blush] I'd actually love to write EU books- except I just don't like the NJO books. So it would have to be something prior to those. Guess I'll stick to fanfic- no one here to boss me around and tell me what I can or cannot write [face_mischief]

Jace was my favourite in the YJK books, and I liked the way you wrote him, so caring and wonderful. I would have to say he'd be an ideal man for me. Jaina was great, she was more than just a pilot with her head in the engine, she blossomed beautifully. Raven is the best original character I've ever read. She really evolved and became a wonderful woman at the end of it all.

I love the Solo twins from those books also. After AOTC though I wanted Jaina to evolve some and not just be the motorhead. I plan on still having that be a large part of her character- but I do like the extra depth that I've given her that I've felt is lacking in some of the other books. Jacen was wonderful and fun to write and explore- he's just got the largest, most generous heart [face_love] He'll get way more to do down the road- and we'll get to see him as more than just the hopeless romantic... that's after my next story.

Tenel Ka was nasty, and really bitter towards Raven and Jace for so long that she annoyed me. I'd never seen her as bitter, so it didn't fit with how I saw her. And I really didn't like Hydin. He was a complete creep. Yuck!

18. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Wow, I know I'm excited! Expect for the fact that it's the day I leave the country for a week! At least there will be things for me to read when I get back!

TK did redeem herself at the end, and I am looking forward to reading the new story with her in it.

19. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    why do i have the feeling you took my comments the wrong way? i like raven, and you did a good job developing her, she just wasn't my favourite.

and yay! the new part's coming out :D that's news to brighten my day (that and the fact that my cat just had kittens :D )

~TJF

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Messicat

Out of country? :eek: Lucky you, I haven't had a real vacation in eons. :( (Writing about Naboo does not count.)

Trickster

It's alright- I know you're a diehard Jaina/ Marxx fan.

New kittens? :D My sister and I caught a litter of wild kittens and raised them last fall- boy were they cute (kept one- he's currently at the vet recovering from neutering and a partial declaw.) The great fun of it is you really get to watch them develop their own individual personalities.

I seem to recall you have lots of sister's so at least they'll get plenty of contact w/ people! :D

21. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    If I really had to chose I'd have to say Jaina and Anakin. Jaina has always been my favorite EU character since YJK. I believe that you have stayed true to that character created in those books and yet expanded it in a reasonable way for her to grow up. And Anakin... I was always miffed in the NJO when they killed him off. I literally cried, but not like I did when Chewie past on. The Anakin you have developed in your story is a very humerous yet serious young man. Can't wait to see what you do with him in the next story.

Can this moment be funny too? I think the "original" posting of some scene was absolutely great... You had pants flying or something. That was a great mushy, funny moment. But on a serious note I think both of the weddings were beautiful beyond words and yet somehow you did it.

The end of Unmasked Soul when everything is coming together in one great cosmic finale is probably my favorite action/drama piece in the story.

Favorite couple, easily Jaina and Marxx. They started the story and I'm always partial to the first characters you meet. I loved the Racees family. Everyone in that familiy is just utterly too-too...

Do you even have to ask this question? Someone should have lost an arm, duh

6. What things in the story shocked/surprised you the most? (Raven's death is too obvious ) Well, actually the fact that you brought Raven back to life shocked me... I didn't think that you would have done that.

In EUland I hate Kyp, I always have even when he was first introduced. So when I learned you were going to put him in your story, I was a little weary, but you turned him into an enjoyable character in your universe... I know I didn't answer the question directly, but it was a hard one.

8. Any favorite bits of dialogue spring to mind? Anything Anakin says is great and who could forget male bonding.

9. Any final thoughts you'd wish to add. Bring on the next story... I'm ready

22. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Next ONE!

WHEN WHERE

HOW DO I FIND IT???!!!!!!!!!!!

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Sara

Hee hee - I love your new Yoda icon [face_laugh]

I never read the book where they killed off Chewie. Once I heard that was going to happen I ceased to read the EU completely.

My Anakin came about because in my reader poll between NS and US I asked who everyone would like to read more of and several people said Anakin. I found that task daunting because the only things I'd ever read of him were when he was really young, so I had no idea how to develope him as a character. I read a couple of Anakin fics online to get a flavor, then I just let my my imagination run wild. I love his cockiness that he gets from his dad, but he does have a wiser edge that comes from being that 'observing' child. His size and strength really helped to set him apart as different from Jaina and Jacen as well. I think I added a bit more broodingness, more often found in Anakin Skywalker to Anakin Solo which also helped to make him more unique.

What I did find odd was that as US progressed I realized that TK and Anakin were in a lot of ways the most mature couple of the 3. They are also great together because Anakin's not afraid to call things on TK or let her get away w/ crap just because she's a princess.

I think people might get irritated at me for the next story some- but you all just need to remember in my AU universe- everything that goes around, comes around. Patterns repeat, stories of the parents are relived and re-interpreted by the children. It's a big game of chess- and I'm having fun writing it already [face_mischief]

5 days guys! :D Rogue- you'll just need to go over to the new Beyond the Saga boards to find my new story. When I post it, I will include a link in this thread to it in case people haven't visited over there yet. :)

24. Jade_Fel_Horn

Jade_Fel_Horn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I am sooooooo glad you are doing a story about Anakin and Tenel Ka's relationship. I really enjoyed it in DE and was hoping to see it expanded, it looks like I get my wish :D Can't wait for the 22nd.

JFH

25. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Just grabbin' 4,000... :D