main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Destinies Entwined:Jaina's Journey/Nubian Son/Unmasked Soul (AU/PT/EU)COMPLETED! *4/22*Announcement!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Aug 5, 2002.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Jade

Welcome back! :D Glad you enjoyed DE and will be reading the new ficcy- up in just 4 days!

Sebby

Thanks for the UP! Congrats on 4000 :D (How in the world did I ever get that many posts for my story? ?[face_plain] )

Again- reminder

4 days until To Court a Queen begins...

And Sunday is the end date for voting in the Winter Fanfic awards- support your favorite authors and vote! :D

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Happy Easter!

Just a friendly reminder that the Winter Awards voting closes today....

And To Court a Queen begins in just 2 days! :)

3. Scruffy-looking

Scruffy-looking Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    Hello PadmeLeiaJaina! :)

I've been gone a long time, but I have finally finished reading your epic story, and I wanted to offer my congratulations on writing such an amazingly rich story. A special note must be made of your original characters, who are not only memorable and extremely well-fleshed out, but they are also so seamlessly woven into the lives of the Star Wars characters that it's almost impossible to imagine it otherwise!

I have more to say, but for now let me offer my congratulations on your achievement, and best wishes for the future. May your writing take you to new and undreamt-of hights in the future! :)

4. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    The story starts tomorrow.. yippee, well actually today since it is one in the morning.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Scruffy-Looking

Glad you enjoyed :D Thanks for the kind words. I take great pride in my Original Characters, I'm so glad that they made this story all the better for you to enjoy :)

Sara

Yep! Countdown is OVER!

Here is the link for my new story, posted in the Beyond the Saga board:

To Court A Queen

ENJOY! :D :D :D

6. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Go read it everyone... Yoda commands this.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Upping to remind those coming home- new story has been posted....

8. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    M, Kay.

I'm reading this one.

Just give me some time to finish this.

Page 65.

Kriff I've got a long way to go.........

9. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    Page 95.

Only............. 67 more to go??

:eek:

YAY!!!

Just for the record.............

RAVEN IS A BRATTY AIR HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

ME LIKE TENEL KA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIE RAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit:

*popps back in*

Did I mention that Raven has no life"

*popps back out*

10. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Jaid: you'll like Raven in the end trust me!!!!

and PLJ I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE NEW STORY!!!

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Jaid- you're about to get to Chapter 5 and you get to find out exactly why Raven's as screwed up in the head as she is... her story's just about to start unfolding... keep reading....

Did I mention I LOVE ch 5?

Master_Jaina

Thank you :)

12. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    Okay.

Just a quick note before I go on.

Just finished chapter 5.

I still hate her.

Right now I'm practiclly yelling at Jacen to get over that idiot and to get back with Sweetest Tenel Ka.

For Kriffing SAKE!!!!

One girl has no control {giggles, chatters, typical air-head}, the other is a strong and self-controlled worrior.

One girl has no brain, the other is an exsellant military stratigist.

One girl has so much emotional baggage I just want to drop her like a hot potato, the other is struggling to figure out what she did wrong to lose the love of her friend.

And for the love of Star Wars, Raven likes PINK!!!!

The most Sithly color EVER!!!!

She gigles!!!

She never shuts up!!

She complains!!!

She wines!!!

She is an idiot!!

I understand her and now hate her all the more!!!

Edit:

Page 101

13. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    Sorry, I'm still working on it but I just had a wonderful idea I thought you could use!!

Have someon BLOW DAGOBAH OFF THE MAP WITH RAVEN *shudder* [voice=mutter]hate that girl[/voice]!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

'kay, back to reading now.

Edit:

Changed my mind.

Jacen's an idiot who deserves her. Let 'em marry then kill them both. Have Jacen kill Kyp.

Let Tenel Ka have the more deserving available Solo since Jacen is a jerk and an idiot to boot. He's not worth crying over even if Heath is really cute.

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Jaid

I really hate to burst your bubble, but I'm not into having characters kill each other, or blow things up just for the sake of it.

I think you are officially the first person around here to outright hate Raven. If she really ticks you off so much, you might not want to bother finish reading since the 3rd part really is her story and she is the main protagonist of Unmasked Soul.

If you're looking for a story w/ psycho angst- this is not it.

15. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    I'm sorry.

You do write really well but Raven reminds me of all the girls I hate.

I think I'll just read all of the Anakin and Tenel Ka parts......... They're so sweet...... *happy sigh*

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well obviously it's your choice not to finish the entire story.

Raven's a very complex character. She spent her youth being tormented and tortured by everyone around her. She also grew up w/ health problems that made her physically unable to do things. It was through the persistance of Jacen that she broke down her walls of hate and despair that she's erected around her soul for her entire life. Once she allowed herself to learn to be happy, she embraced life for all she could. She loves pink, because it was the color of the dress in her initial vision, and gave her hope that maybe she could change and was worthy of changing. However much that she loves Jacen, she's still very insecure and doubts herself and her actions.

I certainly don't see Raven as a bubble-headed cheerleader type girl and I'm sorry if that's the way you see her. I do find your views of her interesting though, since I think you're one of my youngest readers. I do think you would benefit from finishing the whole story though to fully understand her character and I would be interested in hearing your opinions towards the end of the story. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

17. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    *sigh*

It's not the "bubble air-head" thing that tic's me off, although she does have a lot of that also.

A bunch of my family friends have gone through really tramatic stuff, kind of like what Raven went through.

Beatings that I know for a fact that some still have scars from, emotional trauma, zilch self-estiem, even down to the "I left the old me behind so who am I now and why is my past haunting me so much" syndrom.

However none of them have turned out like that.

My brother had serious health issues, the doctors had no clue what was going on and after almost 6 years of constant pain the doctors said, "we have to do exploritory sugery to see if we can find out what's wrong. The surgery is probably going to kill him but if we don't he's going to die anyway."

I thank God that he is now alive and healthy today. Actually he's the healthiest of our family.... *grimace*

But my point is that no matter what you go through you don't have to behave like a giggling school-girl, which is what I view her as. Not a cheer-leader type. Those types flirt and Raven doesn't.

I will read it but it just disgusts me to watch her behave like this.

When you first introduced her and she was freed from the Dark Side, I liked her.

More then I liked any one of your characters.

And then she starts giggling, and chattering, and basicly setting herself up for a target.

I think that also attributed its self to my intense dislike for her.

*whew*

Rant DONE.

I'll finish reading, but I'm going to be paying more attention to your A/TK story.

Side Note: I LOVED Isolder's speech!!! Go Isolder!!! Die Ta'a!!!!!!!! :D

God Bless!!

-+- Jaid

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Jaid

I still owe you some comments...it's a little late though... so I'll get to them later.

NOTE TO MY READERS:

Thank you all sooo much.

In the 2002 Winter FanFic awards DE won:

1st place: Readers Choice Novel

Runner Up: Readers? Choice Male Original Character in a Leading Role - for Marxx Racees.

You guys really are the best! Thank you so much! This means the world to me! :_| :_|

19. Anakin_PadmeFan

Anakin_PadmeFan Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    Congrats on your awards PLJ! You've done a great job on this story. :)

I outlasted you on the awards ceremony though! 8-} ;)

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    LOL! Yeah well if I was on the West Coast I could've stayed up for the whole thing too :p

Thanks for staying up and filling me in on the rest of the winners! :)

21. Anakin_PadmeFan

Anakin_PadmeFan Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    LOL! Yeah well if I was on the West Coast I could've stayed up for the whole thing too

LOL Eh...details, details! 8-}

And no problem. Couldn't have you get that far and then not know the rest!

22. Mr_Boba_Jango

Mr_Boba_Jango Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2002

Its been too long since this story had an UP. As winner of the 2002 Winter Fanfic Awards for "Best Novel", its a highly recommended read!

23. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I agree, Mr_Boba_Jango, this is an excellent read. And as such, I'm giving it a bump. :)

24. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Up again!

25. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Wingardium leviosa!