main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Destinies Entwined:Jaina's Journey/Nubian Son/Unmasked Soul (AU/PT/EU)COMPLETED! *4/22*Announcement!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Aug 5, 2002.

1. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Great post, can't wait until Monday! I agree with RebelMom, a guy with honor... :)

*SB*

2. JediJag

JediJag Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002

?Perhaps certain customs of theirs should die along with them."

Ha! You ARE good, PLJ.

3. Jade_Fel_Horn

Jade_Fel_Horn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    More, More, More!!!

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Thanks everybody! Back up for those who missed the 2 new chapters!

5. Mr_Boba_Jango

Mr_Boba_Jango Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2002
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Bump up - because I know some of my readers have missed ch 11!

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hi All! If you missed Ch 11- make sure you read it. Here is the next chapter:

Chapter 12

The Skywalkers and Solos climbed out of a convoy of rented speeders onto a barren farm. Jaina and Marxx arrived in his landspeeder. Luke felt a wave of melancholy wash over him. Mara reached out and took his hand.

"I haven't been here in close to 30 years." He looked at the neglected vaporators that dotted the vacant landscape, remembering the hours he spent fixing them.

Jaina closed her eyes and felt pain. "Anakin was here." Marxx reached out and grabbed her hand. She looked off to the left and saw six half buried markers poking up out of the ground. She walked over to them, raised a hand at the first marker and sent wind at it, causing the layers of sand to push away from the base. Jacen and Anakin came over and did the same thing to the other markers. Luke, Mara and Leia came over and uncovered the rest of them.

The third marker caught Jaina's attention. She walked over to it and heard voices on the wind:

"You were the most loving partner a man could ever have. Good-bye, my darling wife. And thank you."

"I wasn't strong enough to save you Mom. I wasn?t strong enough. But I promise, I won't fail again. I miss you so much."

"R2, what are you doing here?"

"It seems he is carrying a message from someone named Obi-Wan Kenobi. Does that name mean anything to you Master Anakin?"

Jaina snapped her head up and looked over at the droids who were brought along after spending last evening aboard the Falcon. "C3PO and R2 were here."

Luke nodded, "Yes, Uncle Owen purchased them, I discovered Leia's message R2 was carrying for Ben."

"No, before that. Long before that. 3PO called Anakin, Master," she turned to the gravestone and tried to make out the name.

"3PO come over here," Luke shouted. The droids wandered over.

"Yes Master Luke, how can I be of assistance."

"Were you and Artoo ever here?" Luke asked.

C3PO looked at his Master, clearly confused. He wondered if Luke needed maintenance. "Of course we were Master. It was when your Uncle Owen purchased?"

"Goldenrod that's not what he was asking, have you ever been here before then?" Han asked, clearly annoyed.

"Excuse me General Solo, but that is not what Master Luke asked me, he asked?"

Luke rolled his eyes, "3PO were you ever here before then? Years before?"

"I don't think so Master Luke. I would have remembered this place and this horrible planet." Artoo let out a long sad whistle.

Leia looked over at her brother and placed a soothing hand on his arm. "They probably had their memories erased."

"Shmi Skywalker Lars. Shmi was Anakin's mother. He thought he didn't have the strength to save her. Apparently Anakin didn't understand that sometimes people die," Jaina said over at the gravesite having figured out the sand blasted name.

Luke looked appraisingly at his niece. She dropped to her knees, picked up a handful of sand and let it fall through her fingers, "He vowed over her gravesite to never fail again."

"Never fail at what?" Mara asked.

"I'm not sure, being strong enough I guess."

Luke reached down and helped Jaina to her feet. They all walked over to the entrance of the house and descended the stairs. Jaina held back visions flaring to life on the farm landscape. She watched Anakin step off of a speeder, holding the shrouded body of his mother. His eyes filled with grief, anger, pain and guilt. She ran her fingers up through her hair. Tears clouded her vision. Marxx walked up to her and wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"Lean on me sweetheart. Lean on me."

"Why do I keep seeing Anakin's pain? Why? It hurts so much. Why can't anyone else feel this?" Marxx held her and closed his eyes. He breathed deeply, and let his mind clear, and a vision materialized, he saw a young man wearing a long black cape step off of a swoop bike, reach back, pick up a shrouded body, and look at four people with immense sadness.

Marxx gasped when he realized who was the woman in blue. "I can see the

8. jedi-ES

jedi-ES Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    PLJ,

great stuff. Everything is just tying in really well. Plus, it seems that only Jaina and Marxx are tuning in. Interesting.

Keep them coming.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Thanks Jedi-ES

10. Mr_Boba_Jango

Mr_Boba_Jango Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    Very good PLJ.

I liked the fact that you allowed Luke to actually experience a vision of his parents rather than just see the two young ones play their parts.

11. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    I loved the scene where Jaina and Marxx acted out the scene between Anakin and Padmé. I wonder how Marxx is able to do that... Will we find out in the next few chapters? ;)

*SB*

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Starblazer- ah the journey has just begun.... glad you've decided to hang on for the journey- it's going to be wild.

Boba_Jango- :D Thanks!

13. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    It is weird that Marcxx is able to see these visions. An unknown connection with Jaina? At least Luke and the others got to see one. Looking forward to the wild journey.

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Thanks RebelMom!

Where did all my other readers go?

15. Scruffy-looking

Scruffy-looking Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    Well, I'm enjoying it tremendously! One question: are you going to have any Episode III-era visions? You seem to be running out of AOTC ones! ;)

Keep up the good work!

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Scruffy- to quote that chick in Michael Douglases last movie "I'll never tell!!"

Well until tomorrow that is :p

17. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Wow, this is most enjoyable. I love the way you've constructed this. I hope there is more coming. I'd like to see where this ends up. I like all of your characters, they all seem true to their forms, especially Han. He's great as an overprotective dad.

messicat

18. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    Just dropped in for a friendly neighborhood up!! Keep up the good work. :D

19. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Ooooooh, this looks great so far! :) I'm going to have to go back and read it from the beginning when I get the chance! :D

Jae Angel

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Messicat and NarundiJedi

Welcome aboard! There are many, many more chapters in the plans- so no worries about this story ending anytime soon!

IamZam- thanks for the bump! ;)

I'll get up another chapter shortly!

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Chapter 13

The house barely seemed large enough for anyone to feel comfortable in. It existed far from any kind of modern day conveniences, up on a hill overlooking the lonely cavernous Tatooine landscape. Luke walked into Ben?s old home and felt that rush of memories wash over him. He sat down on the same bench when destiny called to him, so many years ago. He reached forward and picked up a few circuits, leftover parts from when he reconstructed his new lightsaber, before heading off to save Han from Jabba the Hutt.

Leia walked around the room and looked at a trunk. Absently she opened it. Inside rested an old white Jedi uniform, a pair of boots and a small box. She picked up the box, closed the lid and sat down.

?You still miss him still, don?t you??

?Yes. He was my mentor, the man who told me of my destiny. Ben really was a great man.? Luke looked over at her, ?What is that??

?I don?t know. It was in the trunk.? She extended her hand to Luke. ?You want to open it??

?You do it.?

Leia tugged at the old twine and it disintegrated in her hands. She looked at the wooden box confused. ?How does this open?? She pulled on it this way and that and could not get it to budge.

Anakin walked over to her, rested a hand on her shoulder, ?Mom, let me do it, it?s a puzzle-box.? Frustrated she handed it up to her mechanically inclined son. He stared at it a moment, then pushed 2 sides in opposite directions. A hatch popped up and the box opened. He handed it back to her.

Leia reached in and pulled out a holo-pad. Leia called everyone around her. Luke sat next to his sister looking over her shoulder.

Leia activated the holographs. ?That?s Anakin,? Jaina said. In the image, Anakin pointed at the holoimager, his face bursting with laughter and joy. Leia gasped, fascinated by her father?s young, attractive face, seeing it for the first time.

The next image was of both her parents. ?And that is mother. She had a lovely smile didn?t she?? Leia said. The image was taken apparently the same day as the first, Anakin?s arm was up in the air and Padme?s head rested now on his chest- they both appeared to be in a fit of hysterics- Anakin seemed to be the holographer holding the holoimager far above their heads.

The next image, the young couple smiled, looking up at each other with love in their eyes, taken on a balcony overlooking a gorgeous lake with green hills in the background. ?And that is Naboo,? Marxx said, recognizing the scene from the mural at home.

The next had Padme standing with Anakin kneeled in front of her, head resting on her large pregnant stomach. Anakin?s face contained a happy, content smile. Padme gently caressed Anakin?s hair.

Finally the last image was of Padme. She sat holding 2 bundles, her children. Leia thought she?d never seen anyone look sadder than her mother. She could even see the tears streaming down her mother?s face.

Leia handed the pad to Luke, angrily stood up, tears flowing freely down her face. She threw open the trunk again. She shook at the boots, the clothes, hoping beyond hope there would be another piece of her mother in there. She stormed throughout the house, opening cupboards, looking under Ben?s old mattress, seeking anything. Han came up behind her, placed his hands on her shoulders.

?Honey I think that was it.?

?That can?t be it. She should?ve left us a message or something. I know there?s got to be something else.? Leia brushed aside her tears.

?Hey at least you have something you didn?t have before.?

?It?s not enough. It?s not nearly enough,? Leia said, raising her voice, ?What the hell happened? How could he have gone from lovingly holding her stomach looking like a proud parent to be, to becoming, what he did? How could he have left my mother broken hearted? Why? WHY? Obi-Wan, WHY? ? Leia collapsed into a sobbing mess on Obi-Wan?s dusty bed. Han sat down and comforted her.

Luke looked down at the image of Anakin laughing. That merry smile on his father?s face surprised him. He compared it to the only time in his life he ever

22. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I just thought of a possible reason for Marcxx having these visions. I'll just have to wait and see if my theory plays out.

23. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm all caught up now. :D

I knew Luke would want to stop @ Ben Kenobi's!

Its too bad there wasn'tr any thing to hint who is older - Luke or Leia. ;)

Looking forward to more! :) :D

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    RebelMom- well you'll have to wait awhile ;)

Liz- Welcome back! I was wondering what happened to you!

25. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Well, just got caught up! I'm eager to see where all of this leads, hmmmmm.......