Destinies Entwined:Jaina's Journey/Nubian Son/Unmasked Soul (AU/PT/EU)COMPLETED! *4/22*Announcement!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Aug 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarBlazer Jedi Master

star 4
    Great post, I wonder if Marxx is somehow connected to Obi-Wan. I don't see how that could be, but hey, this is Star Wars where everyone is related to everyone else! ;)

EDIT: Ah! I stole 100. So sorry! [face_blush] Um, Happy 100! :)

*SB*
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Arriss and Starblazer....well tomorrow is another day! (and another post ;) )
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Up for the evening crowd!
  4. Arriss Force Ghost

star 4
    I can't believe I had to go through about 6 pages of stories before I finally found this again.

Let's hope this bumps it up :) :)
  5. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Thank Arriss! Here's ch 14

Chapter 14

Preparations for the Racees family to ready for the trip to Naboo would take several days. Paulo provided Jaina with the co-ordinates to find Naboo, and the Lake Country and Theed. She decided to give the planet a flyby before everyone else left to go to the planet. She could report back her findings as to whether or not it was inhabitable or not.

Marxx and Jaina felt entirely miserable.

"There just isn't room for you in my X-wing, and your family needs to be able to load things on the Falcon- so we can?t take that."

"I know, I need to pack anyway. I also have some things to take care of. Besides I know you'll be back in a couple days."

Jaina looked up at him, "A day. I will be back. Keep yourself tuned to the Force, I want to test and see if you're able to pick up on anything I'm seeing at the planet. I just hope it?s hospitable enough for everyone."

"I do too. My family really wants to go back there."

Jaina and Marxx stared at each other, not quite sure what to say. Jaina reached her arms up around his neck and kissed him savoring the feeling of his lips on hers. She pulled apart, and rested her forehead on his. "I miss you already Marxx."

With that she broke apart from him and raced up her ladder to her X-Wing, fighting back tears. She threw on her helmet and looked down at Marxx, he closed his eyes, and in her mind she heard clear as day, "I miss you too Jaina Solo, come back to me safe." She smiled, waved and reluctantly flew out of the hanger.

Upon reaching atmosphere Jaina punched in the co-ordinates for Naboo and sent her ship into lightspeed.

When she fell out of hyperspace hours later, she found herself circling a spotted planet. In places, there appeared to be vast continentally wide barren regions, and in others it was lush and green. She turned on her mapping system to determine atmospheric levels, and life form readings. She surprisingly detected a couple million people scattered all over the planet, as well as many other indigenous animal life forms seemed to be flourishing down below. Encouraged she descended into the atmosphere. The atmospheric readings were also hopeful. The planet temperatures were hot, although not nearly as bad as on Tatooine, and breathable for humans.

Jaina flipped on her holo-emitter and sent a message to the Falcon. C3PO picked up the message, "Mistress Jaina, how good to hear from you. How are you?"

"I'm fine 3PO. Is Mom, Dad or Luke around?"

3PO looked around behind him, "I think Mistress Mara is here."

"Can you go get her please?"

"Certainly hold on a moment." Jaina continued her flyover as the image in the holo-emitter went blank. She flew over vast scarred regions on the planet, ravaged by war. Whole sections of land for miles lay in waste with broken trees and large craters dotting the surface below. Towards the outer rims of these regions and upon closer inspection, she did witness smaller growth surging through the devastation. The natural cycle of rebirth appears to be in full swing years after the ravages of war. Following Paulo's co-ordinates, she navigated her ship towards the capital city of Theed. As she flew along, she witnessed several flocks of birds migrating.

From out of her cockpit window, she observed a large herd of bloated looking indigenous creatures eating from a grassy field below. Jacen suddenly popped up onto her screen.

"Hey Sis, how're things? You at Naboo yet?"

"Yes, I don't understand yet why everyone left here in such a hurry, or at least never came back. There are signs of mass destruction to the planet from warfare, whole forests appear to have been either burned or blasted from missiles. But so far the planet looks to be slowly repairing itself. It's had what, 50 years to regenerate? The air quality is fine, flying over lakes, the water seems clear. Hold on a moment?"

Jacen looked at his sister. Flying over the land leading towards Theed all traces of life disappeared. Jaina gasped. "For the love of the Force."

"What is it?" Jacen asked.
  6. StarBlazer Jedi Master

star 4
    It's a shame all that had to happen to Naboo. I'm interested to see who Jaina meets up with, and what Palo's other family is like.

*SB*
  7. Arriss Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, it's sad that Naboo was ravaged so but War is just that, War. Your old woman makes me wonder if she knew Padme in some way.

Edit: And now onto the next Chapter... Uh oh, somethings missing. Opps, got ahead of myself. <smacks head> What was I thinking?

JK
  8. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    More to come ( Of course!)
  9. Mr_Boba_Jango Force Ghost

star 3
  10. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's not surprising that Theed and the summer house were utterly destroyed. I'm sure either Palpy or Vader had something to do with that. It's nice that there are still people on the planet that know the past. It will be interesting to see the reunions and meetings.
  11. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    I echo the other comments - but I really doubt that Vader had a hand in any of the destruction......considering if there was any good left in him....he'd remember the good time he had on Naboo......

Great Post!
  12. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Poor Naboo. I fully believe it will be targeted and destroyed in EP 3. :(

Glad you all are still enjoying the story, more to come tomorrow. :)
  13. messicat_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Why isn't it tomorrow? I believe that Vader would have targeted those specific areas because they reminded him of his time with Padme when he was still Anakin. This is very enjoyable. I will stay tuned for more. I like the way you re-create the SW universe. I'm curious to see how this develops.

messicat
  14. ChaseherChiss Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi there,

Just wanted to drop in and say that I really love your story so far. It's very different and even though I'm a diehard J/J fan I like Marxx<spelling>!

I can't wait to see how things turn out for my fav Gal and her new guy. I'm sure Naboo is going to open some eyes for the Solo/Skywalker family!

15. qingauk Jedi Master

star 4
    THIS IS GETTING EVEN BETTER PLJ.. I AM STILL ENJOYING IT.. BUT WHAT ARE "DRUIDS"? SHOULD IT BE DROIDS? IN THE LAST CONTACT WITH 3CPO AND R2.. I THINK AT THE HOMESTEAD..
  16. Arriss Force Ghost

star 4
    guigauk - she's just mixing it up with LOTR (just kidding)
  17. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Qingaurk- Oh darn Spellcheck- doesn't know a droid from a druid! Thanks- I'll have to look for that!

ChaserChiss- Welcome aboard! I actually have no idea who Jag is, since I no longer read EU :eek: Hence my coming up w/ my own guy for Jaina ;) Glad you are enjoying it..much, much more to come!

G'day Messicat! Sorry you get tormented down under with having to wait for new posts!

Ariss ;)
  18. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Chapter 15

Jaina stood on the veranda of Paulo's home, waiting anxiously for the arrival of the group from Tatooine. She stayed behind on Naboo and assisted the Brannoushes with getting Paulo's home open and ready for his family's arrival. In the nearly 50 years since the Clone Wars, the Brannoushes never let Paulo's home fall into disrepair. Punjaro, their family gardener worked on keeping the homes grounds in order, and his nosey busy body sister Ryllia assisted the family with housecleaning. They never lived in it either, certain that their artist son would return to Naboo. As time past, Paulo's parents passed away, but his youngest sister Julillia kept their dream alive, knowing in her heart that one day he would return home.

Wandering throughout the house initially seemed strange to Jaina. She felt like she was invading someone's privacy. Her first entrance into the home found her staring, slack jawed at the exact same painting that Paulo had duplicated in the living room on Tatooine. However the colors, painted on wood panels, seemed to glow more intensely, and brilliantly here than on the mural back in the desert. Padme seemed to jump off of the panels.

The room that fascinated her the most was the artist studio that covered the entire length of the top floor of the spacious home. Paintings and pieces of sculpture laid around in various stages of completion. She found herself looking at the paintings and sculptures in awe. Having a mechanical analytical mind, Jaina couldn't fathom the skill or incredible free thinking creativity that would be required to paint, or sculpt an object. She could only appreciate and admire the enormous skill required in creating the objects of art.

A few days earlier she had entered into the main bedroom downstairs to put new sheets on the bed. While changing the bedding, her eyes fell on an amazing colorful bronze sculpture resting on a table in the corner of the room. At first, she simply felt drawn to the intricate details in the exotic curved hairstyle, ostentatious headdress, and opulent gown. But upon closer inspection, she recognized the face as belonging to Queen Padme Amidala. She spent many hours afterwards staring at the bronze sculpture, willing it to speak to her, but only received silence. Jaina wondered briefly about all the images of her grandmother around Paulo's home and remembered his saying that he would have gladly married her had he been given the chance. She could feel his love and admiration for Padme in her representations around the house.

Jaina found the time with the Brannoush family to be delightful, yet she couldn't control her own inner turmoil with being apart from Marxx for a greater extended period of time than the day or two she planned to be away. They talked a couple times via holo-emitter but that could not replace actually being with him, holding him, feeling his lips on hers... She knew in her heart what these yearnings meant. And in a lot of ways that knowledge warmed and terrified her at the same time.

A soft breeze rustled the leaves on the surrounding trees. Jaina stood transfixed staring at the beauty of the land. She hadn't realized how much she missed greenery while on Tatooine. She felt calm and peaceful on Naboo. During her week of being with the Brannoushes, she could feel her grandmothers soothing presence nearby, especially while in Paulo's home. It took every amount of willpower for Jaina to not race out to the ruins of the resort that just over the hill. However, she contented herself that the ruins were not going anywhere and could wait.

She knew that it would still be hours before the arrival of the two ships. She enjoyed her moment of contemplation before the arrival of both family clans.

Jaina sensed the woman approaching behind her before she heard her. She turned around and narrowed her eyes, confused. The older woman had a delicate small frame, dark hair, brown eyes, wore a flowing apricot colored dress. She looked alarmingly familiar.

"You must be Jaina," she said.

Jaina felt startled as she
  19. IamZam Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't forgotten about her family.

UPing this good stuff!!

Keep going PLJ!!
  20. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
  21. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That's going to be a large dinner party. Looking forward to the next chapter. I'm really enjoying this story and I'm not even a Jaina fan. I like the Jaina you've written.
  22. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    great post!

technically, Ryoo is Jaina's 2nd cousin, I think. ;) Or is it 1st cousin once removed.......

Anyway, again, that was a great post!

23. qingauk Jedi Master

star 4
    PLJ..HERE IS THE TEACHER IN ME!! IS RYOO HER COUSIN OR HER AUNT? SHE INTRODUCES HERSELF AS COUSIN AND THEN IT SAYS SHE SITS NEXT TO HER AUNT IN DISCUSSION <<Jaina's heart stopped, "My cousin>> THEN A FEW PARAGRAPHS LATER.
    <<Jaina and her Aunt moved over to a couple of outdoor lounges and sat down, "Yes, they should be arriving >>

THE SUSPENSE IS GETTING INTERESTING.. :)
  24. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Qingauk! Auurrggh!! I thought I caught all of those mistakes! My beta reader had caught my mixup in the family tree terms. I've now corrected it ;)

Jedi_Liz I personally just refer to everyone in my family who is related to me outside my immediate family as "cousins" never bothering w/ the 2nd, 3rd removed- who the hell can keep track of such things? To make it so my head won't explode that's how things will go around here.

RebelMom- well I haven't read much of the NJO and have always been annoyed at the authors of those books for making the only girl in the EU stories to be too tomboyish- so I decided that she needed to be girlified some! I hope people don't just see Han and Leia in her, but a bunch of Padme thrown in as well!

More to come.... I'm nearing the end of Part 1- part 2 will begin next week!
  25. Arriss Force Ghost

star 4
    Don't worry PLJ - I can't keep track of the whole cousin thing either. It get's soooo confusing!

Edit: Argh! I can't access this site from work anymore! I have to wait until I get home!!! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.