main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Destinies Entwined:Jaina's Journey/Nubian Son/Unmasked Soul (AU/PT/EU)COMPLETED! *4/22*Announcement!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Aug 5, 2002.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Arriss :eek:

You've just mentioned my worst nightmare! I only hope they don't find out about my obsession at work!

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Shameless self bump for the evening crowd!

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Great story!!! I love Anakin and Padme as patriarch/matriarch of a great family!!! I also hope that in Ep 3 Ani at least knows there is to be a baby... Keep up the good work!!! I love this couple!

4. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Most enjoyable. I don't even know what time these things get posted, I can't work out the whole time zone thing. I have an exam on Monday so this weekend is for study and no fanfics! I hope there is some up for when I'm back next week!

messicat

5. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    How could I have missed that! I was hoping either Ryoo or Pooja would meet Jaina, and you didn't disappoint! ;) Great post PLJ!

*SB*

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Starblazer- you meant Jaina- right? ;)

Messicat- good luck on exams! I generally don't post on the weekends- so there will be a new chapter on Monday!

Chapter 16

The Racees sold and closed their house on Tatooine, vowing never to return to the desert planet. Marxx meanwhile searched Tatooine far and wide for a ship dealer who could find him the ship of his dreams. He finally found a dealer in Mos Eisely who knew about the craft and was able to acquire one. Marxx waited 3 days for it to be flown in for delivery. His new ship was a fully restored Royal class Nubian Yacht Cruiser. He named it The Nubian Hope. Once delivered they filled it as well as the Falcon with cargo. Marxx sold his pod racer and many other bulkier tools, knowing the next chapter of his life would involve paring down on possessions.

Both ships filled to capacity with cargo, exited Tatooine's atmosphere and laid in the course to Naboo. Marxx arrived before the Falcon. Jaina looked up into the sky as the sleek silver Nubian ship descended and landed on the platform at Paulo's home. From below and across the valley, Jaina heard all sorts of excited cries as locals pointed to the glorious sleek ship from a bygone era. Julillia's home had a much larger ship port for the Falcon to land on. Jaina's X-wing sat on a docking bay up the road at a large bungalow that she rented for her family to stay at while on Naboo.

Jaina's mouth went dry, and palms started to sweat as the ramp opened. Her heart fell as the first two people off were Anakin and Jacen.

Anakin laughed and pointed at his sister, "Boy your expression was priceless!"

Jacen punched his brother, "Leave her alone, you insensitive womprat. He's inside."

Jaina stuck her tongue out at her younger brother and raced up the ramp. She looked around the luxury liner with approval, but felt she would get a much better feel for the ship when all the cargo had been removed. She wandered around looking for Marxx.

Marxx sat at the controls of the ship, fingers lightly caressing the controls. The port engine failure light flashed on. He scowled at it, expertly punched in a bunch of commands and the light went out, then flickered back on again. Frustration bubbled in him. He didn't need technical problems, he just wanted to get out and be with Jaina. He let out a little breath, stood up, grabbing a jacket and looked at his dashboard, "Always wanting to get the last word in, huh?"

"That's quite impossible, I haven't even spoken yet," Jaina said smirking and leaning against the doorframe with her arms crossed.

Marxx turned around, his heart pounded with joy, and pointed at his consul, "Port engine failure light keeps coming on."

Jaina raised her eyebrows and squeezed in beside him. She punched in the same commands he had just done, and rested her hands on the dashboard, letting her fingers talk to the ship. "I just did that," he said. He reached out and brushed her hair to the side exposing her neck.

The light flared up again. "You didn't hit anything in flight did you?" She said turning away as he was about to lean in for a kiss, his lips only found air.

"No, and I did a complete systems test before leaving Tatooine," annoyance creeping into his voice.

"Of course you did, I didn't say you didn't," Jaina said, laid down under the dash, arms up, fingers working with the wires. Marxx put his jacket aside, sighed and sat in the chair. He reached down and stroked her leg. Jaina fiddled a little with some wiring, pulled out a wire cutter from her pocket and sliced something underneath. "Ok try the commands again."

"Yes M'lady," he pulled up his hand and re-entered the codes. He waited and the light didn't come back on. "You did it."

Jaina slid out, stood up, and climbed into his lap, "Just a couple wires that were connected incorrectly."

"I could definitely get used to having you as my first mate around here. Course the other star pilots may snicker at me for letting a girl fix all of my mechanical failures on board," he said, caressing her hair.

Jaina smi

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm sure Jaina will be wearing that dress soon. ;)

8. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    that was a great post!

THere was a storm here and I had to shut my computer off. :( But its over for now and I was able to respond!

:D

9. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    [face_blush] Yeah, I meant Jaina. 8-}

Great post, I especially loved the holo message from Padmé. Very sad. :(

*SB*

10. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    PLJ - are you trying to make us all cry? ;) Loved the message from Padme! Other than a few spelling/grammar errors, EXCELLENT JOB! I'm always eager for the next chapter. Have a great weekend :)

11. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    This story is great!!! You sure you can't write on the weekend?? ;)

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    RebelMom- well that may be a while off yet ;) especially if Han has anything to say about it [face_laugh]

Jedi_Liz where-ever you are, please flap your wings and send thunderstorms towards Mass! We've had stiffling humidity all week :(

Starblazer and Arriss I know- sorry felt the need to make my readers cry :_| I just love Ani and Padme and felt the need to add a bit of drama!

Rhonderoo Technically I have a boatload of chapters waiting to be posted- I just live for reader torture [face_mischief] :p Besides I think I'm fleeing to Maine this weekend to escape the heat...so sorry all you'll have to wait for Monday.

BTW Monday's entry will have a shocker in it. :eek: Some may feel turned off by it (as one of my Beta readers did) but things will be explained down the road...

Again more reader torture! :p

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Up for the evening Crowd!

14. Undomiel

Undomiel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2002
    Oh how sad. :( Poor Padme. Poor Ani.

15. Scruffy-looking

Scruffy-looking Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    Argh, why didn't Anakin listen to her? :mad:

Great stuff, keep it up!

16. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    PLJ.. HERE IN CONN WE NEED A RELIEF TOO SO HOPE MAINE WAS BETTER!
    ENJOYED CHPT 16 AS IT IS TAKING A NEW TURN OF EVENTS..NICE TRANSITION..

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    U, Scruffy and Qingaurk- thanks for the words of encouragement!

I know- poor Ani, poor Padme. :_|

18. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    we had a little rain here earlier - but not much :::sends the moisture/Rain fairy to Massachuessetts:::

When's the next post? ;)

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Liz- you just read my mind- I just upped this! There are clouds forming here- hoping, hoping they will bring rain- over 100 w/ high humidity.

Big chapter coming tomorrow! Thanks for your patience!

20. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I love how these guys are finding things by opening up trunks and boxes. :) Sometimes thats more powerful than Ani or Padme appearing in visions. When Leia pulled out that braid....(shivers). Great story! I have a feeling Ani get bad news about Padme and that's not gonna be good.......:(

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Thanks for the feedback Rhonderoo- I'm always hoping that people will like the little things I add in.

Big chapter coming tomorrow! Then Thurs- beginning Part 2 (well w/ Tues and Wen coming along with the final chapters of Jaina's Journey!)

22. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Oh I do like where this is going. I love how you describe things, its great, nice and descriptive, hehe. I am really enjoying this story. And theres a new one after my exam, I'm happy! Keep up the good work, are those ideas still flowing? I love the wedding dress, and Han's reaction! He couldn't wait to marry Leia and now he's being an overprotective father. I love it! I'll keep checking in until there are new sections. Keep up the good work!

23. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Up, for when I get to read at work....(oops did I say that out loud???)

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Messicat Hope you did well on your exams! Thanks for the continued encouragement.

Rhonderoo Hummm where do you think I post most of these things??? (Looks sheepishly around hoping IT guys won't catch on and block TF.N) :p

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Here's the newest Chapter!

Chapter 17

Travel and moving fatigue started to affect the partygoers and Marxx hugged his immediate and newly extended family goodnight. He stayed behind with Jaina to assist the Naberrie?s with cleaning up.

Luke caught up with Chariss as she headed up the road and asked her if he could talk to her for a few moments. Rowlon nodded, kissed his wife gently and let her wander off with the Jedi Master. The two walked over to a railing that looked out over the valley. Lights from only a few scattered homes were alit, blanketing the valley in a calming darkness, alit otherwise by a bright half full moon.

?Your son seems to be very in tuned with the Force. I?ve been observing him rather closely. His abilities seem to be growing, now that he is aware of them and utilizing them. Did you ever have any members of your family trained as Jedis??

Chariss looked at Luke. She suddenly felt light, a burden she has carried for years, about to be removed from her shoulders. ?There was one distant relative... But there?s never been anyone in my immediate family who was Force strong, that I?m aware of at least.?

?That?s odd. You don?t usually get children who are Force strong without having some kind of familiar ties.?

Chariss shifted nervously besides him. She then reached out and took Luke?s hand and looked up into blue eyes longingly, ?If I tell you something, will you promise not to tell anyone??

Luke frowned, ?I will try to.?

?Years ago when Tanella was born, Rowlon was the happiest father in the whole universe. He loved his little girl more than life itself.?

?But??

?But he wanted a son. We tried for years. I miscarried a couple times. We had begun to give up hope. One night, after I?d just received confirmation again that I was not pregnant, I walked outside and pleaded to the stars to give us a son, and that I would do anything for that child. The next day, I woke up pregnant.?

Luke frown deepened uncertain what he heard.

Chariss looked at him. ?I did not have relations with my husband that night. It would have been a complete impossibility for me to become pregnant.?

Now Luke was really confused. ?So you don?t know who Marxx?s father is??

?That?s what I?m trying to tell you,? she lowered her voice, ?He doesn?t have a father, at least that I am aware of. He also wasn?t the only child. I had a little girl, his twin, named Raven. Raven was very sick. She died at a local hospital when she was two years old though.?

Luke scratched his head, completely at a loss of what to say or think. ?I need to meditate on this. Thank you for telling me Chariss. And do not worry, I will not tell anyone.?

Chariss smiled and gave Luke?s hand a squeeze and headed back to her childhood home to sleep.

Luke stood staring out at the stars absorbing the information he?d just been delivered. Mara walked up to him from out of the darkness and wrapped her arms around him.

?What?s the matter??

Luke remained silent for a few moments, not quite sure what to say, ?Have you ever heard of a woman giving birth to a child who has no father??

Mara thought briefly of laughing at his joke, until she realized he was completely serious. ?How can a child have no father??

Luke turned around and looked at his wife, her red hair looked burgundy in the moonlight, ?I don?t know. Can the Force do that? Can it conceive a child??

?The Force?? Mara asked incredulously. ?I?ve certainly never heard of that.?

?Me either,? Luke looked deflated. ?I really need to talk to Ben.?

?Well why don?t we go back to the bungalow, Leia?s clan will probably still be at Ryoos for hours, maybe you can get in touch with him,? Mara gave her husband a tight squeeze, took his hand and the two walked home for the evening. As they approached the door of the bungalow Luke got an idea and pulled apart from Mara, telling her he would meet her in a few minutes.

Luke headed over to the Falcon and placed a call through the holo-emitter to Tionne at the Academy. He asked her to search through all ancient scrol