main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Destinies Entwined:Jaina's Journey/Nubian Son/Unmasked Soul (AU/PT/EU)COMPLETED! *4/22*Announcement!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Aug 5, 2002.

1. jedi-ES

jedi-ES Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    A very late, but much deserved:

UP!!!

It's only going to get better from here folks.

2. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Another Up! I can't wait for the next chapter. Poor Ani....... :_|

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Sorry, I was swamped at work and didn't get a chance to look this up any earlier.

I love how you entwine the dialogues. It blurs reality and its a cool technique. It makes me wonder if Jaina and Marcxx are going to have a similar relationship to Padme and Anakin and if their destinies are so connected as to end up the same.
    Lovely mush too.

4. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Mmmmmmmm. [face_love]

;)

*SB*

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Rhonderoo I know poor Ani :_|

RebelMom Darned real life! Always being a party pooper! :p

Thank you for your lovely comments on my writing. I think some of my best work is yet to come. ;)

StarBlazer I take that as a thumbs up? :)

Jedi-ES My shining knight- always there to bring my story from the pits of the fanfics boards back into the light. Thank you! [face_love]

6. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
  7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Chapter 19

The Racees, Brannoushes, Solos and Skywalkers gathered at Ryoo?s home again for dinner. Jaina looked around the tables fascinated. Prior to landing on Naboo, she could count the number of her family members on two hands. Now there were dozens of cousins to get to know. The happy loud conversations around the tables blanketed her with the most amazing feeling of happiness and completeness. It was as if a longing inside of her had finally been quieted.

Luke stood up and told everyone what he learned about Anakin from Ben. And Marxx and Jaina shared their more recent visions as well. Leia seemed somewhat contented with the news. She had no idea what to make of her father, but felt some ease realizing he fell because his love and loss for his wife was more than he could bear.

Conversations flared. Jaina stood up and banged a knife on the table to gain everyone?s attention.

?I have decided what I need to do with my life. My mission will be to restore Naboo back to its former state of glory. Theed needs to be rebuilt, the land surrounding the capital needs to be analyzed and reseeded. Life will again flourish there. The people on this planet were known for their great artistic ability and democracy. I believe it is our duty to give the people of this planet a sense of normalcy to allow them to continue to flourish again as leading artists in the Republic.?

Rowlon spoke up. ?I have a complete architectural blueprint of Theed before it was destroyed, thanks to Paulo. I will willingly spend every penny we have to help to rebuild the city.?

Leia chimed in, ?And I will get approval of the Senate to offer funds as well towards restoring this planet. We will engineering teams and supplies to assist with the reconstruction.?

Jacen said, ?I will help any way that I can, if you need a negotiation liaison for parts, labor, or locate the scientists who can assist with land rebirth?

?I will help as well.? Anakin said, ?It is our duty to bring Naboo back into the Republics fold and to bring these people back into the technological age.?

?Yes it is our duty. I believe that is why Padme and Anakin and the Force directed us here. Not only to find our family and to help heal the wounds that have been open for so long. But to give back to this planet what was taken away so long ago. We need to give Naboo back its heart, the heart that was broken when Anakin believed Padme was dead.? Jaina said with conviction.

Leia stood up, ?What?s more is I believe there are probably more planets like Naboo out there, long forgotten and destroyed from the Clones Wars. I plan to launch a galaxywide campaign to find these planets and offer them assistance in restoration as well.?

Chewie let out a loud long growl. Han said, ?Alright pal, we offer to fly you around the galaxy in circles to assist you on this quest, Leia.?

Leia laughed and gave Han a kiss on the cheek, ?I knew I could count on you, General.? Han smiled sheepishly and wrapped an arm around her waist.

Luke regarded the tall dark haired young man sitting next to his niece. Marxx still remained a mystery, but he wasn?t about to let him loaf around and waste his talents. Marxx felt the weight of Luke?s stare on the back of his head and faced him. ?Marxx, you are going directly to Yavin 4 to start your Jedi training.?

?Yes Master Luke.? Marxx said, bowing his head slightly. He stood up and gazed at Jaina and declared before both of their families, ?Once I become a Jedi Knight, I vow to spend the rest of my life keeping this remarkable woman safe from harm, and protect her with all of my heart.? Jaina jumped up into his open arms and the two kissed.

Han looked on helplessly. His little girl completely vanished before his eyes, replaced by a woman in love. Anakin rolled his eyes at Jacen. Other family members all smiled at the young couple. Then various other family members, both Brannoush and Nabierre agreed to assist with rebuilding of Naboo. All in the room felt a wave of happiness rush over them, as they all excitedly discussed the endless possib

8. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    How [face_love] and :( at the same time.

UP!!

9. jedi-ES

jedi-ES Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    So much going on, and there's so much left in the air.

And I wonder who those 2 were at the end?

Glad to see that they did eventually return to each other.

10. Mr_Boba_Jango

Mr_Boba_Jango Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    Great storytelling from beginning to end PLJ. Looking forward to learning more about these terrific characters you've created as you move into the next segments.

Thank you for a very enjoyable read.

MBJ

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    So Anakin and Padme were causing the visions. Cool. Looking forward to the new story. Will you continue posting it here or start a new posting?

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Zam, Jedi-ES, and Boba_Jango Thank you all- things start to get very interesting now.

RebelMom

I know you write lots of stories here- what do you think is better? Should I start a new thread, adding a link to Jaina's Journey and strongly advise readers to read it first, or should I just continue where I am?

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Sorry shameless self up! This fell back to page 5 :eek:

14. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    wonderful ending to part 1!

I would probably just keep it in this thread - that way you can just let the post count grow ;)

That's just my opinion though.......

15. Scruffy-looking

Scruffy-looking Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    Wonderful story! Wow, how can you top having A&P reappearing before their children and grandchildren?! :eek: Can't wait to find out! ;)

If you keep posting in the same thread, you might want to change the title so that it reflects the fact that this is an ongoing series.

"Good job!"

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Scruffy-

Well technically they didn't appear before everyone. They were off doing their own thing.... ;)

Glad you liked the end Liz :)

Everyone I am just going to add to this thread tomorrow and will update the title to reflect the new Part of the story being added. Hope everybody is excited! Things are about to get very interesting :eek:

17. Mr_Boba_Jango

Mr_Boba_Jango Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2002
  18. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Great ending to Chapter 1! I especially enjoyed the spirits of Anakin and Padme, nice touch! :D

*SB*

19. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Sorry PLJ - I haven't been able to get onto the board lately. I have some catching up to do.

20. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Great ending PLJ! I hope the next one has lots of grandparents also, I'm a sucker for vintage mush.....This story kept me hanging on for days!!! [face_smile]

21. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    WELL DONE, PLJ, WELL DONE! <CLAP CLAP>

The tears, can you see the tears?

I'm still debating on if I want to post my story or not (AU - Anakin doesn't fall). Oh well, I have you wonderful one in the meantime. :D

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Starblazer, Rhonderoo, and Arriss

Thank you for your continued support and praise. The next part of the story, unfortunately, is not going to focus much on Ani and Padme. Well not much at all actually. They seem to have kind of taken over the story. So they will be back towards the end of Part 3. There are new mysteries to unfold...I hope you all still find the story worth reading, because so far, and according to my Beta readers, some of my best work is ahead of us!

Arriss Well I will be the first one lined up to read it if you do post it! :D

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Prologue:

Welcome to part 2 of the Adventures of Jaina and Marxx. Part one focused on Jaina and her quest to find out about her family roots. With that now being pretty well established, it is time to delve into the mystery surrounding the Racees family, and specifically the riddle of Marxx Racees. If you thought he was fascinating before, you haven?t seen anything yet!

I?ve always believed that Tatooine is the nexus or spiritual Vergence in the Star Wars Universe. People don?t end up there without reasons. And if interesting things happen to the characters, it is because destiny will come knocking at their door one day- seeking a high admission price for freedom.

Eighteen months have past since the time of Jaina?s Journey. Our young lovers are apart from each other working on their own individual goals in the Galaxy.

Meanwhile Luke Skywalker feels the tremors of a disturbance in the Force? uncertain of whether this ?Vergence in the Force? Marxx Racees is the cause he begins a quest to uncover the developing mystery.

(I forgot who the other Jedi Master was on Yavin 4- so I created my own!)

Destinies Entwined: Family Skeletons- The Nubian Son

Chapter 1

Marxx Racees glided though the dense forested floor on Yavin 4. His heart beat steady as he raced through the brush. He inhaled the wonderful earthy scented mixture of pine and composting leaves as his feet trod over the soft soil. Effortlessly jumping over fallen trees, leaping up and grabbing vines, he flew deeper into the never-ending undergrowth on the green moon. Nothing bothered him as he ran. His mind clear and focused- he was one with the Force. He darted past a gorseed tree and spotted his destination ahead.

The eighty-foot tall pallanberry tree beckoned him. The luscious fruit that grows only in the top most branches had now ripened and was ready to be picked. Barely breathing after his fifteen mile run, Marxx wiped a hand over his bare head removing the excess sweat. Upon arriving on Yavin, Marxx found his worst enemy not to be the poisonous lumernier snakes, endless mosquitoes, Yavinese Lions, or Frayt lizards, but the humidity. Growing up on an arid desert planet, it took him nearly a month to acclimate to the muggy air on the moon. Marxx examined several options with his hair, he tried tying his thick curly hair back and then he cut it shorter. However these changed did not alter the fact that his hair made him even hotter, more miserable, and unable to concentrate on his lessons. So he shaved it all off.

He chuckled remembering the first time he sent a holophone message to Jaina on Naboo. He turned his back to the holophone so all she could see was the back of his head. In a mirror behind him, he saw Jaina jump at the large oval shaped head. When he turned around, he lowered his face into view so she could just see his eyes, to assure her of his true identity. She looked at him puzzled, then laughed realizing immediately why he did it. In response, she reached up to the top of her head, plucked out a hairpin, and her hair fell down in flowing curls well past her shoulders and half way down her arms. She?d never worn her hair long before, and found a strange new pleasure in styling it up into intricate twists. After several viewings, Jaina decided she liked Marxx?s new look. She told him that he had an attractive shaped head. The lack of hair projected out his pool blue eyes and accentuated his thick eyelashes.

Marxx readjusted his backpack and leaped twenty feet straight up, grabbed a branch, and started weaving his way up through the limbs towards the fruit. Upon reaching the top fourth of the tree, the uppermost limbs all leaned over, heavy with the hard crusted fragrant sweet fruits. Marxx sat down, and readjusted his backpack so it faced him in the front. He pulled out his carving knife, stood up and started selecting the sweetest smelling fruits. After nearly filling his backpack, he pulled one close to his face. The fruity scent of the pallanberry reminded him of an ingredient used in Jaina?s sh

24. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    giggles......5 year olds......hehehehe
    that would be punishment......

I see Luke's concern - he doesn't want another Vader.........

Great start to part 2!!! :D

25. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002