main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ~*Destiny at Hand -A/A romance- *~ *Completed 10-12-03!*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Monica_Skywalker, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor_Joe

Emperor_Joe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Awwwwwww!!!!!!! You didnt leave her out in the cold like I thought you would.

2. Satoshi

Satoshi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Awwww awwww awwww! Obi-Wan and Sabé awwww! I can't wait to see things heat up. [face_love]

And I love the Obi-Wan humor saying that he's a Jedi Master and therefore knows all. :p

Great post!

3. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Me all caught up YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sabe is falling in love with Obi!! YAY!! :) :)

4. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Joe: Nope! ;)

Ryan: Things will be heating up, don't worry! ;) Thanks! :D

C3SoloPO: :) I'm glad you liked that!

I'll try to get a new post up as soon as possible! :)

5. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    up!!

There will be a new post up tomorrow! :)

6. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    sorry to break a promise yet again, but I have to delay the post to tomorrow. Sorry, I'm just too tired to post tonight. :(

7. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    ~*Anakin*~

The moment we landed on Coruscant, Padmé was rushed into the Temple hospital, where she recieved immediate attention. Her wound was fairly large, but thanks to Ajani's healing, there was a much larger chance for her to survive.

She was currently in the OR, and since I wasn't allowed in, I as pacing in front of the door, unable to stop. I silently prayed for her life, unable to think of my life if she were to--

*Stop thinking like that, she's going to be okay.* Came a reply. I turned to see Sabé sitting in one of the chairs a few feet away. She patted the one next to her, and I reluctantly stopped my pacing and sat down next to her. She took my hand in hers and squeezed it, and I knew that she too was worried about Padmé.

"She's going to be fine, Anakin."

"What if she doesn't make it?" I exclaimed, looking away from Sabé. "What if she....dies?"

Sabé lifted my head up, forcing me to look at her. "She's not going to die, Anakin. She's the strongest woman I've ever met, and there's no way she's going to leave us today. She's going to pull through, and she needs her husband to be there for her."

I nodded. "You're right. I need to be strong for her. Thanks, Sabé." I gave her a hug, and watched as she left, and closed my eyes and began to meditate, hoping that it would calm me down and take my mind off of Padmé's chances for a little while.

~*Obi-Wan*~

I could feel Sabé approaching.

In my whole Jedi career I had never disobeyed any part of the Jedi Code. I had done everything that a tight-knit, orderly, and strict Jedi is supposed to do, and up to now I had felt good about doing so.

Until now.

I tried to push the thoughts of her from my head while we were on our mission, and it wasn't until we were on the ship home that I finally decided to stop. I realized that having an emotional attachment wasn't wrong. It was part of life, and it is what truly saved Anakin from the hands of the Sith. Without Padmé, he would've been a Sith now, bringing pain and suffering to those in the galaxy. He was right to have given into his heart's desires.

I heard a soft knock on my door, and I slowly got up and opened it, revealing Sabé's beautiful form. "Hi." she whispered, a nervous smile coming across her face.

"Hi." I whispered back. "Would you like to come in?"

She nodded, and I stepped back, allowing her to enter my small home. She looked around for a minute, and then sat down on the small sofa in the living room. I sat down next to her, thankful for once that this sofa was in fact small. It gave me an excuse to sit next to the prettiest woman in the galaxy, and for that, I was happier than I had ever been.

We sat in silence for a few moments, both of us too embarrassed to speak. I glanced over at her, and our eyes locked, and at that moment I knew that I truly loved her, and I could mentally see myself chucking the Jedi Code out of my life forever.

And I was happy about it.

Sorry it's so short, my computer is giving me some troubles right now. I hope to get more up soon! :)

8. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I have been waiting for Obiwan to realize that he loved Sabe and is willing to throw away the Jedi Code. It was a very touching scene. Now do we get a wedding. I can only ask. When I read this about Obiwan I just got up and did a dance.

Obiwan is giving up the code and is in love. Hooray :)

9. Emperor_Joe

Aug 7, 2002
    The council isnt gonna be too happy about that......

10. Satoshi

Sep 2, 2002
    Yay for Obi-Wan! Good job buddy! :D It's about time he stopped being a mindless-code-following-zombie. :p

Good post! Obi and Sabé are so cute. [face_love]

11. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Well as far as I am concern the Council can either accept Obiwan and Sabe's relationship or well they can take a hike.

12. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Poor Anakin. He's trying so hard not to worry about Padme, but he can't help it... :( I'm sure she'll be okay, though.

It must've been kinda weird to have his ex-Sith ex-wife taking care of him. :p

Oh, Obi-Wan! Throwing out the Code! Yoda's gonna be really angry. [face_laugh] As long as they're happy, I guess it's okay with me. (Although when Obi-Wan realizes it's Anakin's ex-wife, I bet that'll be a little strange. :p)

Fun posts, as usual! :D

13. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh yes, I forgot about Sabe being Anakin's exwife. Yes that will be very interesting. Thanks for pointing that out.

14. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    CrystalKenobi: A wedding? Hmmm, we shall see. ;) Thanks for reading! :)

Joe: Nope, but the important part is that Obi-Wan is happy. :)

Ryan: [face_laugh] I couldn't agree more! :p

Lex: Yoda's gonna be really angry. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] lmao, yep! :p And yes, it will be a bit strange once they figure out that little detail... :p

There will be a new post up sometime this weekend! :)

15. Satoshi

Sep 2, 2002
    upupupupupupupupupupupupupupupupupupup!

Wow I just said "pupu" a bunch of times didn't I?

Lol sorry for that disgusting stupid humor. My brain works strangely sometimes. :p

And if anyone says "just sometimes?" then I'll send my giant gnome-eating worms after you! [face_devil]

But seriously now....

UP!

16. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Ryan: lol, I think everyone's brain works strangely sometimes! :p Thanks for the up! :)

There will be a post up tomorrow morning! :D

17. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    ~*Padmé*~

I slowly opened my eyes, and came face-to-face with Anakin. I gave him a small smile, and he returned it.

"Hey, angel." he whispered.

"Hey." I whispered, my throat extremely dry. I realized that I wasn't in much pain, and I looked down at my stomach, to see a thin, white bandage wrapped there.

"How do you feel?"

"Pretty good, actually. I'm not in that much pain. What did they do to me?"

"Anakin sat down on the edge of the bed and handed me a glass of water, whith I thankfully gulped down. "They healed your wound with the Force. It took them a while, but they did it, and you should be able to leave the healing wing tonight."

I nodded. "Where's Ajani?" I asked, realizing that my son was missing yet again.

"He's with Master Yoda reviewing what he did on the mission." He kissed the top of my left hand, and gave it a little sqeeze. "I thought I was going to lose you back there." He whispered, and I could tell that he was holding back tears. I didn't realize how much my injury had impacted him emotionally until that moment.

"I love you so much, Padmé," he continued. "and I don't know what I would've done if I had lost you." He bowed his head, and I lifted my other hand and ran it through his golden hair.

"I love you too, Ani." We sat there for a few minutes in silence, and I slowly fell asleep, not realizing that Anakin had left the room.

~*Ajani*~

Master Yoda had requested my presence in front of the Council as soon as we returned to Coruscant, and I reluctantly agreed. I was upset that I hadn't been able to see my mother yet, and hoped that she was alright.

"A great thing, you did. Say, they killed a Sith Lord, many five-year-olds can't. Wise and strong for your few years, you are." I felt like rolling my eyes, but I refrained myself. *Why does everyone treat me like I'm a baby?! I hate it!*

I looked towards the only other person in the room, Mace Windu, for help. He merely shrugged, understanding exactly what I was upset about. *He thinks everyone's young. You better get used to it though, because it never ends. He called me 'young one' just the other day.*

I stifled a giggle, and turned back to Yoda. "Agreed, we have, that become a Padawan to your fater, you will."

I must've looked confused, because Mace spoke up. "Usually you have to be thirteen years of age to become a Padawan, Ajani. You are the youngest child ever to become a Padawan in the history of the Order."

I beamed with happiness, and bowed to the two Masters. "Thank you. Now, if you will excuse me, I must go and see my mother."

They nodded, and I walked out of the chamber, and, once the doors had closed behind me, began to run to the healing ward.

But what I didn't expect was to run into my father, who was walking towards me. I ran straight into his legs, and came to a halt as if I had ran into a brick wall.

"What the--" My dad began to say, but stopped once he realized that the object that he had collided with was me. He looked down at me, and shook his head. "Running in the Temple is against the rules and you know it." He said sternly, and then bent down and whispered. "You have to make sure that no one's around when you do it by searching for Force signatures. I got away with it all the time when I was a boy." I giggled, and hoped that I would remember that bit of information the next time I was in a hurry.

"I was just on my way to see Mom. How is she?"

"She's doing great. Come on, I'll take you to see her."

~*Obi-Wan*~

Sabé and I, after sitting in my apartment in silence for what seemed like hours, finally decided to go and see Padmé. We arrived at her room the same time that Anakin and Ajani did, and we all went inside and found Padmé asleep. We pulled a few chairs closer to her bed, and sat down, talking amongst ourselves.

"So, what's new with you two?" Anakin asked, and I glanced over at Sabé, and the two of us just stared at each other for mere seconds before I turned away. But Anakin wasn't fooled, and a goofy s

18. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    This was an excellent post. It was heartwarming the scene with Anakin and Padme and Anakin and his son. I look forward to the ending with sadness in seeing this wonderful story coming to an end.

Please let me know when you write another story, I would like to keep up with it right from the beginning.

19. Emperor_Joe

Aug 7, 2002
    That be a good post MS, That be a good post.

20. Satoshi

Sep 2, 2002
    Hehe love what Mace said about Yoda calling him young one. That was priceless. :D

And Obi-Wan and Sabé are so cute, hehe. Though it is weird to think that Sabé was the villain earlier in the story. :p

Great post!

21. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    CrystalKenobi: Thanks, I'm glad you liked those scenes. :) (and I'll PM you when I start my next story. ;))

Joe: Thanks! :)

Ryan: That was probably my favorite line to write! :p Thanks! :D

I hope to get the last post up this weekend!

22. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    up!!

The epilogue should be up tomorrow!

23. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Wow, I can't believe that this story's lasted over a year! Thank you all for reading this and sticking with me, I really appreciate it!! :D :D I hope you've enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it! Here's the epilogue.

~*Anakin*~

A year later...

Sabé and Obi-Wan were standing hand-in-hand in front of the Naboo holy man in the same spot that Padmé and I had been married about eight years ago. The sun was setting beyond the beautiful mountains, and it was the perfect day for a wedding.

The only people that were here on this glorious day were Padmé, me, Ajani, and, as always, the two droids. I listened as Sabé and Obi-Wan exchanged vows, and was almost forced to wipe a tear from my eye. I was so happy that my Master had finally been ripped away from the way of the perfect Jedi. It was about time.

After the mission to Dantooine, Padmé was able to heal completely from her accident, and was also able to complete her Jedi training, and was awarded the status of a Jedi Knight. I remember the day she had her Padawan braid cut off perfectly, and can still see the big smile that she had on her face that day.

Ajani was also rewarded upon our return, and became my Padawan learner immediately. I don't think a day has gone by that he hasn't mentioned his big accomplishment of killing the Sith Master, and I laugh every time he tries to use that as an excuse to get out of his meditating. But I killed a Sith Master! Why should I meditate if I already can do what many other Jedi can't do? he would say. I chuckled at the memory, realizing how much that sounded like something I would say and looked back at the happy couple, who were now officially husband and wife. They were giggling like two lovebirds, which made me smile. I was so happy for them, especially now that I had the love of my life back with me.

Padmé and I had gotten a lot closer since we had been back on Coruscant...a lot closer. I leaned over and took her hand in mine, pulling her closer to me and kissing the top of her head. I put my hand on her stomach, where I felt the two newest additions to our family moving around in Padmé's stomach. We were about to be the parents of twins, a boy and a girl to be exact, and a week after we found out we were going to be parents again, Padmé had already picked out their names. Yes, my wife was always prepared. The twins would be named Luke and Leia, and I was already anxious to meet them. They were due any moment now, and I knew that they would be welcomed with open arms, especially by their big brother, who was extremely happy because this gave him something else to tell the other seven-year-olds at the Temple.

The holy man left the five of us alone, and I gave the newlyweds a hug. I remembered the talk I had had with my Master last night about marriage, and how nervous he had been. I had been teasing him ever since I found out that he and Sabé were in love, and I still hadn't grown tired of it. Plus, for a man who followed the Code letter-by-letter for most of his life, he deserved some teasing.

Masters Clamenza and Palpatine had been frequent visiters, and had dinner with our family at least once a week. They had recently been sent away on a mission, and were unable to be at the wedding today. We promised that when they came back to Coruscant that the seven of us would have a mini celebration for Obi-Wan and Sabé, and hoped that it would be soon.

Another person that had grown close to us was the the young boy that had transported us to Dantooine: Han Solo. The now sixteen year-old had become another member to our family ever since his father passed away a few weeks after the end of the mission. He was currently attending a Pilot Acadamy school, and stayed with us when he had time off. He was a kind boy, and a good pilot. Not as good a pilot as me, of course, but good nonetheless.

Ajani was complaining about how hungry he was, which was no surprise. That boy was always hungry, and it was amazing that he was so skinny, since he ate almost no

24. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    That was a wonderful ending. I was glad to see you tie up the knot with Obiwan and Sabe it ended the story nicely. I am crying.

Please let me know when you write another story. It can only be as good as this if not better. [face-happy] Perhaps a sequal. It would be nice to know how Obiwan and Sabe do in the married life etc.

The holy man left the five of us alone, and I gave the newlyweds a hug. I remembered the talk I had had with my Master last night about marriage, and how nervous he had been. I had been teasing him ever since I found out that he and Sabé were in love, and I still hadn't grown tired of it. Plus, for a man who followed the Code letter-by-letter for most of his life, he deserved some teasing. I would have like to be the fly on the wall for that talk. Its nice to see obiwan the not so by the book jedi and I bet he was blushing big time.

25. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    That was a very nice ending to the story -- a happy wrapup to all the terrible things you put these characters through over the course of it. Happy endings are always nice. ;)

And congratulations on completing the story. It's a real accomplishment to spend so much time and effort on creating a tale of your own, and you should be proud of what you've created. I hope you will keep writing and keep pushing yourself to write better and better stories as you go. It's a lot of fun, and it's definitely worth it. Good job! And again, congrats. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.