main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Destiny. -- AU - Obi - Bruck - Qui-Gon - OC's * ** COMPLETED *** 7th May.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Title: Destiny
    Author: GKilkenny
    Type/Timeframe: AU The life of a young Obi-Wan, age 12 - 20
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Bruck, Padmè, Qui-Gon and a few Oc?s all known characters are owned by Lucus and Watson I?m just playing with them.
    Summary: Obi-Wan doesn?t get chosen as an apprentice, and is sent to the Agri-corps.

?Well, well! if it isn?t Kenobi? snarled Bruck. He was standing over the boy, whom he had just tripped over. Twelve year old Obi-wan was carrying a long cylindrical parcel, he had been assigned to deliver the parcel to Master Jinn. However Bruck saw him coming down the hall, and had hidden around the corner. Blocking his force presence, he stuck his foot out as Obi-Wan walked by, and whatever was inside the parcel was now broken. Obi-wan heard it smash as he hit the floor. He twisted around while he was still on the floor, and screamed ?Bruck, what did you do that for?? as he stood up, and looked down at the package, his anger flared. Yet he released it to the force and gritted his teeth. ?Why do you hate me so much? He asked.

?Why? I?ll tell you why? Bruck whispered. He poked at Obi-Wan?s head. ?I feel it, the light side, it fills you. I struggle to find it in me, and I need Master Jinn to help me purge the darkness. You don?t need him. I do!? Bruck heard footsteps coming from around the corner. So he grabbed Obi-Wan and pulled him to the ground and punched him. They rolled around the floor as other initiates gathered. Obi-Wan could not control his anger any longer and he retaliated hitting Bruck. Soon a crowd was watching, and in each corner were friends of each boy. All yelling, and encouraging both boys to fight.

Abruptly from behind, both boys were grabbed by the scruff of their collars, and hauled apart.
    ?What is the meaning of this disgusting display? how dare you fight in the Temple??this is a place of peace? the Master berated. Obi-wan looked past Bruck, he was being held by Master Plo Koon.
    He turned his head, and saw that Master Windu was holding him. Obi-wan was annoyed with him self for losing his temper, and before he could get control of his emotions, Bruck spoke.

?I?m so sorry Master Windu?. I accidentally crashed into Obi-wan as he was running around the corner, and he dropped his package. I think it is broken?.. I said I was sorry?. I tried to help him up, but he attacked me? Bruck said calmly.

?That?s not true Master Windu?..he deliberately tripped me, he knew that this package was for Master Jinn, and he wanted me to get in trouble. So he tripped me on purpose? Obi-wan shouted.

Master Windu shook Obi-wan. ?We will not tolerate screaming young man. You ?will? control your temper, or I shall put you on detention.?

Obi-wan had, just about enough of Bruck, this was the seventh time in the last year that the arrogant and devious Bruck, had caused Obi-wan to get into trouble. Obi-wan took a deep breath and released his anger to the force. ?I am sorry for my display of anger Master. I have no excuse for losing my temper. I was just upset, because whatever is in the package is broken? Obi-wan stated quietly.

?That is much better initiate Kenobi!? Master Windu exclaimed as he let go of Obi-wan. He bent down and picked up the parcel, just as Qui-Gon came around the corner. Both boys looked his way, and once again Bruck jumped in and spoke first.

?I?m sorry Master Jinn, Obi-wan was running and he crashed into me. He has broken your parcel?. Bruck said smarmily.

Master Windu glared at Bruck. ?We have yet to confirm the circumstances, Bruck!?

However Qui-Gon wasn?t listening to Mace, he was looking at his parcel. ?What?? what happened to my Lamp?.....Oh no!?. I searched for two months for that Lamp. It was a Setla Lamp, and they are very rare?. Qui-Gon glared at Obi-wan ?How could you be so careless, you know the rules about running in the Hall. I think you delight in disobeying the rules, initiate Kenobi?

Master Windu tried to calm Qui-Gon. ?Qui-Gon this is not the place for discussing this?

Out of the co

2. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    this was a good first post:) for one, i'm glad that yoda said that the whoever didn't make it was only going to agricorps temporarily until another master needed a padawan.

i'd hate for obi to think he was stuck in agricorps forever because bruck is good at getting him into trouble!
    also, i like how obi doesn't seem so innocent in this as he sometimes seems. bruck gets him into trouble, but his angry reactions to it really make him look bad.
    still, mace sees through bruck, and qui-gon is being stubborn. you really like to see me upset with qui-gon i think:p

i'm really curious to how this will go.. pm's would be appreciated [:D]

3. Xan-atos

Xan-atos Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2007
    This sounds like the start on a good story... I would like to know what happens with obi now... I hope Qui will come to his senses and see what an evil little boy Bruck is and chose obi instead... or will another master get the chance, perhaps?.. anyway it was a good post... please continue I will be waiting for more[face_dancing]

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great start!

:mad: Bruck.

Could you please put me on the PM list for this one?

=D=

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great start for an AU story. Will Obi be in the agri-corps forever?

6. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Oh i like this :D

That Bruck :mad: [face_beatup] [face_laugh]

Please add me to ur pm list, i'd love to see where u go with this story :)

7. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    It's just heartbreaking for Obi-Wan to be passed over for Bruck. :( And sent to Agri-Corps. I rather wish Agri-Corps weren't looked at like a punishment by the initiates, since farming is an honorable pursuit, but not if you don't want to do it. Now, this is an interesting statement from Bruck.

?Why? I?ll tell you why? Bruck whispered. He poked at Obi-Wan?s head. ?I feel it, the light side, it fills you. I struggle to find it in me, and I need Master Jinn to help me purge the darkness. You don?t need him. I do!?

He might not be just a bully.

8. obi-gonjinn

obi-gonjinn Jedi Master star 1

Jun 18, 2006
    Brilliant! I want more!=D=
    more now i tells ya!:_|
    Bruck Chun is evil!![face_skull]
    EEEVVVIIILLL![face_skull]
    You sort Bruck out! give him his just deserve!:mad:
    cant wait for more!=D=
    p.s Qui-gon is soooooo blind tut tut sort him out to!:D[face_beatup]

9. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    obi_webb
    Yoda had good intentions, however he has gone on sabbatical for a year. When he comes back he will not
    be impressed.[face_shame_on_you] Qui-Gon
    Mace knows Qui-gon is very stubborn and he has made the biggest mistake of his life.:eek:
    Thanks for reading and I will send PM?s

Xan-atos
    Qui may come to his senses but will it be
    too late.[face_whistling]

VADERLVR64
    Thank you.
    I see you dislike Bruck too.[face_beatup]
    I will PM you

earlybird-obi-wan
    Thanks it is AU and Obi has many adventures
    up his sleeve[face_mischief]

VelozThanks I will PM you
    what can I say about Bruck, only he pops up when
    least expected.[face_whistling]

ardavenport

Thanks and you?re right I always wondered why they sent initiates to the agri-corps
    They should have made them pilots.
    Ah Bruck![face_thinking]
    He might not be just a bully. So true, there is a lot more to Bruck.[face_not_talking]

obi-gonjinn
    Thanks more coming soon
    Bruck Chun is evil!! and Qui-Gon is foolish[face_shame_on_you]
    Makes for a good story.:cool:

PM List
    obi_webb
    VADERLVR64
    Veloz
    bek

10. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Agricultural Corps, it was an organisation that Obi-wan knew of well. It was a constant companion in his thoughts. Just lately he could feel his path edging closer and closer to the Corps. He didn?t want to be sent there to become something other than a Jedi Padawan. However his nightmares had come true. Obi-wan, was on his way to Thyferra. It was a hot and humid planet, where Bacta was produced.

He was assigned to the Bacta station, which was located near an active volcano. Each day Obi-Wan would tend the containers that held the living organisms. His job was to determine how much of the chemical Kavam should be added to Alazhi to grow the Bacta lotion. At first he thought it was interesting, knowing how Bacta was produced. However it was a boring job and Obi-Wan hoped that a Master would come for him soon. Nevertheless one didn?t come and for nearly a year, Obi-wan did his duty and remained on Thyferra assigned to the Agri corps.

One night, Obi-Wan was shaken from his bed, by a loud explosion. The ground beneath him shook violently. He raced out side, just in time to dive for cover, as molten rock showered down on the dormitory where he had been sleeping. Panic ensued and people were running for cover. Fires engulfed the records building, and the main office. Obi-Wan was covered in black soot as the volcano erupted, and it stung his eyes. He followed some of the other workers to a clearing a short distance away, just as several ships landed.

The eruption had been felt for miles, and from space it could be seen as well. One of the ships the Sun Seeker, which was an exploration vessel, saw the explosion from space. It landed in the clearing to assist the medics on Thyferra. The crew set up a medical tent and began treating the injured. The pilot of the Sun Seeker noticed Obi-Wan helping injured people to the tent. He sensed a strong force connection in the boy, and although he appeared quite young, he was calm and focused on what he was doing.

The man smiled, and watched as Obi-Wan worked tirelessly through the night helping where he could. By early morning the authorities and officials from the Agri-Corps were rounding up the survivors. They were taking names and trying to find out who had survived. Those who had been identified were loaded on a transport to be taken to another facility. The pilot watched as the boy hung back, he was standing behind a container hidden from view. He sensed an overwhelming sadness from the boy. It appeared that He didn?t want to be an Agri-corps worker. He wanted to be needed, and he wanted to help people.

The man walked up to Obi-Wan. ?Excuse me young man, could you help me??
    Obi-Wan nodded. ?Yes Sir, what can I do??

?Now that the authorities have set up their own medical tent, I need help to dismantle our tent and take it back to the ship?I would appreciate your help? he explained.
    ?Yes Sir I can help you? Obi-Wan answered. He sensed this man was force sensitive and he felt comfortable in his company. Once Obi-Wan helped stow the tent in its compartment, the man spoke to him. ?You were of great assistance out there young man, what is your name??
    ?Obi-Wan Kenobi Sir?
    ?You are assigned to the Agri-corps?? he asked.
    Glumly Obi-Wan nodded. ?Yes Sir?

?You don?t sound like you are happy with your situation? he inquired.

?I do not have a choice? Obi mumbled.

?Ah, don?t be so sure young man; we all have choices, let me introduce my self. I am Cass Durron.
    I am a retired Jedi Master?

Obi-Wan?s mouth dropped open. ?Master Durron... you were a Jedi??

?Yes and if I am not mistaken so are you??

Obi-Wan dropped his head. ?No I?m not a Jedi, I wasn?t chosen!? he exclaimed.

?Obi-wan I am astounded that you weren?t chosen why? if you don?t mind me asking weren?t you taken as an apprentice??
    ?I don?t mind you asking, Master, they said I was too angry, and hot tempered, and I was told that I would most likely end up turning to the dark side?

?No !... I certainly don?t see that in you Obi-wan, and I have always been a good judge of c

11. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Finally!

Someone who recognizes his great traits =D= ... i hope Obi Wan can find it in him to be more self confident, and hopefully Master Durron can help him :)

Nice update! tnx a lot for the pm :D

[face_peace]

12. obi-gonjinn

Jun 18, 2006
    Oh bravo =D=
    I hope that obis :rolleyes: unoficial master is a good one:D
    I cant bare our poor obi to suffer pain :_|
    I hope that the jedi and Qui-gon see what Bruck is worth!:mad:
    if not write me in and i'll sort them all out for you[face_mischief] [face_beatup]
    cant wait for more i need to know whats gonna happen!!!
    love ya =D=

13. A_Tye

A_Tye Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2003
    Ooooo. I can't wait to see what happens when Obi has someone to support him rather than question him. What's going to happen when Yoda gets back? [face_thinking]

14. padmay_skywalker

padmay_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    ?I told you that you were of ?great assistance? and you stayed ?calm and focused? you call your self ?a reject,? you don?t seem to be able to accept praise, and you say you feel unworthy. Of course you were scared, a volcano erupted, and killed many people. You had every right to be scared. Nevertheless my boy, you are worthy and I will show you how much.

*sigh*..if only Qui-Gon had realized that..

15. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    At least someone appreciates Obi-Wan! [:D]

Looking forward to more! =D=

16. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Please add me to the PM list for this one also! :)

I agree, I'm glad that Obi-Wan found someone who could see past the image that Bruck tried to create around him. I just hope Durron ends up being everything he appears to be and not someone who will lead Obi-Wan down a path that he was never intended to travel. [face_worried]

More please! :D

17. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Veloz

Master Durron will help him on a new path. :D
    Every one sees Obi?s potential except for the Jedi.[face_shame_on_you]

obi-gonjinn

Master Durron can be as good as any 200 year old retired Jedi.
    Not a lot of pain early.[face_whistling]
    Bruck will be trouble:eek:
    Thanks Rain I love hearing from you my friend.[face_love]

A_Tye

The Jedi should have supported him and not let Qui-Gon act like a fool.
    What's going to happen when Yoda gets back?
    Possibly fireworks.[face_beatup] Qui-Gon

padmay_skywalker

As usual Qui-Gon realises his mistakes when it is too late.
    Thanks my friend. Glad your reading[face_love]

VADERLVR64
    Master Durron will teach him a lot :cool:

bek Will do, your added.:cool:

There are many roads to travel and some of them connect.
    Durron is all he appears.[face_peace]

18. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    one of the things i love about your stories is i'm never sure what direction they're going to go in!:cool:
    i really liked the introduction of master durron. it was unexpected, and it seems like he's just the person obi needs right now.
    he seems right about the arrogance that was creeping into the jedi order. i expect there is an interesting story to be told about his experience with that. even if we don't get to find out, that's the sign of a good OC that i'm interested in hearing more about his past!

well done, as usual [:D]

19. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Hmmmm, Master Durron has picked up a stray, lost Obi-Wan. :) Yes, I do think Obi-Wan will learn much. Hopefully, they Jedi will learn better about casting out potential apprentices as well.

20. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    obi_webbThanks.[:D]
    I try to keep the story different from others that I read.
    There will be many little stories inside this big one.
    The path he is on has many turns in it and a new direction.

I would love to make a bit of a side story with Master Durron
    but unfortunately my story is very long as it is.
    Perhaps I will include something later. [:D]

ardavenport Yes Obi-Wan has potential and Master Durron knows it. :D The Jedi should learn by their mistakes but somehow I doubt it.:D

Soon Obi-Wan was settling in to his new position. Master Durron taught him how to fly the ship and in their spare time, Obi-wan practiced Jedi movements. Master Durron gave him instructions and demonstrated the moves slowly, and then Obi-Wan would practice. The old Master would explain each movement and watch Obi-Wan become proficient with each step.

Master Durron was amazed at Obi-Wan?s dedication to his training; nothing was too difficult for him. He never complained and was a joy to teach. He couldn?t understand why Obi-Wan hadn?t been chosen.

?Obi-wan have you heard of the ?Art of Movement?? Master Durron questioned him..

?Yes Sir it is an obstacle course, filled with lines of light, and lights that move. The idea is to hone a Jedi?s alertness and reflexes by avoiding the light beams.? he answered.

?Very good Obi-wan, there is an obstacle course similar to that, in one of the lower level holding bays. I built it many years ago to keep my reflexes honed. I will take you there when my duties are done for the day, and you can show me how good you are?.

?Thank you Master?

?Obi-Wan, may I ask you something personal??

?Of course Master?

?I have noticed that you do not seem to speak to any one on board. Haven?t you made any friends on the ship??

Obi-Wan bowed his head sadly. ?I do not want to make friends!....I lose them just as soon as I make them. I had friends back at the Temple, and I miss them terribly. I felt like I had lost my brothers and sisters, it felt like they had disowned me and left me all alone. Then on Thyferra, after I had been there a few weeks, I made a friend with one of the Agri- corps workers. However he got sick and was sent away, no one told me he had gone,and I never saw him again. I just felt that I wasn?t supposed to have any friends, so I stopped trying. I was so lonely and miserable, and every day I would take my meal and sit by myself in the garden. I didn?t want anyone to see what a pathetic person I was. The Section leader, made me move in with three other people, they were a few years older than I was, but they were nice and became my friends. I suppose because I was just a kid they thought I needed looking after. They were not force sensitive and they seemed interested to know what I could do.
    My friends were assigned to getting samples of water from the hot springs not far from the volcano. Thyferra made other medicines as well. The hot springs provided an abundance of minerals caused by gases leaking from the volcano. I started to have bad dreams about them being killed. So I insisted that I go with them to make sure they were safe. I used my powers of the force to sense if anything was out of place.

I had not been sleeping well for a few weeks, and about a week before the volcano erupted, they were going to collect samples. I had been confined to bed because of a fever, yet I wanted to go with them. I remember my friends insisting that I stay behind, and that they would be fine. So against my better judgement I acceded to their wishes and stayed in bed. I woke up with a start and knew something had happened to them; I sounded the alarm and raced to the hot springs. Two of my friends had disappeared and my other friend was burned badly.
    Apparently the hot spring had erupted without warning. It was my fault; if I had gone with them they would still be alive. Oh every one said it wasn?t my fault, and they tried to comfort me. However when my third friend succumbed to his injuries and died, I was devas

21. obi-gonjinn

Jun 18, 2006
    fantastic!!!=D=
    I cant wait for more!!
    please give obi more friends i dont like obi-wan being all depressed:_|
    Ohhh I cant wait for more!![face_laugh]
    p.s I hope that Qui-Gon falls on his head and drowns in a pool of his own barf for his dumbness[face_skull]

22. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Awww poor Obi Wan... he doesnt even want to make friends now :(

I hope Master Durron can slowly help him come out of his shell and start opening up to ppl more so he can make new friends... Obi needs to catch a break cause so far things havent been easy for him :_|

Tnx a lot for the pm, and i look forward to reading what comes next :D

23. Jaded_Rose

Jaded_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2006
    Oh, I like this. :) I completely agree with Master Durron. For an order that is supposedly a guardian of wisdom and light, the Jedi sure have some stupid ideas!

J_Ro

24. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Now how did I miss the post before this one!

So glad Obi has someone on his side finally. Nice insight into Obi. Very enjoyable story.

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Love your characterization of Obi! Very well done. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.