main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Destiny. -- AU - Obi - Bruck - Qui-Gon - OC's * ** COMPLETED *** 7th May.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Obi-Wan stepped into his apartment for the first time in two weeks; it was good to be home. He closed the door behind him and leant against it sighing.
    (Home)
    He looked towards the kitchen and decided to make himself a cup of choco, as he walked past the couch, there on the side table was that blasted lamp. He sunk down onto the couch and stared at it. The Lamp was the exact replica of the one he had broken nearly eight years ago, when Bruck had tripped him over. The day Qui-Gon told him he was destined for the dark side and the day he took Bruck as his apprentice.
    He glared at the lamp, and he felt like smashing it. He wondered why he had bought it in the first place. It had certainly cost him more credits that he had ever spent on anything before.
    Obi-Wan sat back and thought of that time.

~memory~

He had seen the Lamp in a catalogue, and the Senator took him and Lance to the city. The lamp was just sitting in the window display of an antique shop. There were other lamps, yet nothing like this one. It was identical to that ill fated Setla lamp, at first Obi-Wan hated even looking at it. Seeing it, had brought up horrible memories of the day his dreams died. The day he was ostracised and sent to the Agri-corps, the day his heart broke into a million pieces.
    But as he stared at it, the Senator asked him if he was going to stare at it all day or buy it. He didn?t know why however, he felt a need to have it. He couldn?t take his eyes of it..

?Is that the lamp you want to buy?? Lance asked.

?I-I broke one identical to it once, and I always wished I could have replaced it.? Obi-Wan stuttered.

Lance dragged him into the shop while the Senator stood outside. ?Well buy it then!? Lance suggested.
    ?No? i-it is too expensive, I don?t have enough credits with me? He mumbled

?Excuse me Merchant How much is this lamp?, Lance asked.

?Two hundred credits?

?Two hundred!!? Lance gasped.

?How much do you have Ben?? Lance asked

?I only have one hundred and eighty? he answered.

Lance looked back at the merchant. ?We will take it, here I have twenty credits left, and he handed them to Ben.
    ?I cannot take credits from you Lance, it is not right!?

?You can pay me back later, I don?t want to buy anything more now anyway? Lance said
    Ben handed all the credits to the Merchant who put the Lamp in a box for him. All the way back to the estate Ben wondered why he had bought it. It was too late to make amends with Master Jinn. Why did he want to torture himself so much by buying that stupid lamp?

~end memory~

Obi-Wan stared at the lamp and decided that he would put it back in the box. That way if he decided to give it to Qui-Gon when they left it would be already wrapped.
    That evening Qui-Gon and Yoda went to Obi-Wan?s apartment, hoping to accompany him to the evening meal.

He invited them in. ?I am quite capable of finding my own way to the dining hall, you know?? he implied.

?Know this we do, however know where it is we do not!? stated Yoda.

Obi-Wan almost smiled, however hid his amusement and instead said ?Very well I won?t be a minute? as he disappeared into his bedroom.

Qui-Gon looked around and noticed the discolouration on the side table where something with a round base had previously sat.
    ?Master Yoda, do you remember that Setla lamp I told you about. The one I had been searching for? eight years ago. The lamp Obi-Wan broke delivering to me?? Qui-Gon asked him.

?Yes sad day that was for Obi-Wan, sealed his fate that lamp did.? Yoda confirmed.

Qui-Gon lowered his head in shame for a moment and then he pointed to the table.
    ?I believe he bought one just like it, and if I am not mistaken, it used to stand here.? he indicated.

Yoda looked at the spot. ?Stand there something did, removed recently it was.?

?Senator Mothma told me that he bought a weird lamp, and she thought he would be happy, yet she found him crying over it. She asked him why and he told her. ?He once broke a lamp like this, and with it so did his dream for the future break. H

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Aw, an update and internet access on vacation...lovely update. The beginnings of peace. Very nice.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Whew, that was a beautiful chapter Yippee Qui and Obi will be friends.
    Powerfully written.

4. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Amazing update!

Yoda?s ears flattened out and he sighed, Qui-Gon was frustrated. ?How can we make it right if he won?t even talk to us?? he said.

Stubborn he is, like another he is? Yoda implied looking at Qui-Gon.

?Well I can be just as stubborn as he can be.? Qui-Gon agreed.

Yoda blinked. ?Of that I am sure!?

[face_laugh] loved this part

Obi-Wan stopped struggling and stared at Qui-Gon, his eyes were filling up with tears, and his breathing was heavy. Qui-Gon got up quickly allowing Obi-Wan to stand up, but Obi-Wan was broken and only made it to his knees, before his head bowed and his shoulders slumped and the dam wall that had been built up over eight years crumbled and the tears of a lifetime spilled over to run down his face.

This would be the defining moment; this would be the difference between failure and success.

This was the moment that Qui-Gon had prayed for, would the boy accept comfort from the one who had caused the pain, he would pray to the force that it was so, and he would not hesitate.

Qui-Gon quickly sunk to his knees directly in front of Obi-Wan; he gently put his hands on each trembling shoulder, and waited.
    All it would take was the slightest movement, and he would act. He gently rubbed the sobbing youth?s shoulders and then the defining moment arrived.
    Obi-Wan ever so slightly leaned forward towards Qui-Gon?s chest. Qui-Gon gently pulled Obi-Wan forward hoping that he hadn?t mistaken the gesture. Obi-Wan kept coming and then Qui-Gon knew he had won the battle, when the youth?s arms came up and wrapped around Qui-Gon?s waist.

Qui-Gon embraced him with all his might, and Obi-Wan held on to Qui-Gon for all he was worth. The sobs were coming hard and fast now and Qui-Gon let them. He would hold his Obi-Wan for as long as it took. Eventually Obi-Wan fell asleep in Qui-Gon?s arms, and he lay down on the sand still holding him, his head resting on Qui-Gon?s chest and his hands gripping Qui-Gon?s Tunic.

:_| this was so sweet :_|

?I?m too old you know that; the Council would never accept me. It is too late for me? Obi-Wan said as he pushed the offered sabre back at Qui-Gon.

?The judge I will be on who is too old? Yoda spoke for the first time since coming to the island.

?Council accept you they will, or leave the order Qui-Gon and I will? he stated.

?You w-would leave the Order?? Obi-Wan stammered.

?Yes? Both Jedi stated

?You would do that for me?? Obi-Wan was stunned.

?Obi-Wan we will not make another mistake where you are concerned. Either the Council accepts you or we shall remain on Chandrila and train you here.

Wonderful!=D= great job, Yoda and Qui Gon!

Loved this chapter :D i have a bad feeling about that dark hooded pale man [face_worried]

Thanks for the pm![face_peace]

5. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    This keeps getting better and better with each post! :D

I'm glad they were able to mend their differences to begin their relationship anew. The emotions Obi-Wan had bottled up for eight long years were clearly felt.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ?Well I can be just as stubborn as he can be.? Qui-Gon agreed.

Yoda blinked. ?Of that I am sure!?

I'm sure too! ;)

=D=

7. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Aaaaah, progress! And the long delayed reconciliation. There's nothing like a happy outcome. :) Poor, poor Obi-Wan, but he finally has his place with Qui-Gon again, with Yoda's approval.

8. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Valairy_Scot
    Thank you and I hope your vacation was good.[face_dancing]

earlybird-obi-wan
    Thanks.
    Friends they shall be![:D]

Veloz
    Thank you and yes they should all worry about the dark man.[face_worried]

bek

Thank you lots! I am glad you are enjoying it.[:D]

VaderLVR64

Yeah Old Qui-Gon has a reputation for being stubborn[face_shame_on_you]

ardavenport

Yes he has Yoda?s approval and Qui-Gons friendship but will it be enough.[face_worried]

9. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

The next few days were one of learning, and Obi-Wan saw another side of Qui-Gon, a side that Obi-Wan never knew existed. A compassionate and dedicated man, who regretted the path he had travelled, and most of all the decision he made eight years ago.

Yoda finally got Obi-Wan to meditate, at first it was hard to let the past go, and it was very painful to bring up each terrible moment and even harder to release it to the force. However both Yoda and Qui-Gon stayed with him, and helped him along the way, giving strength and comfort when it became too much of a burden. Ultimately it was the only way for Obi-Wan to be set free of his painful past, and after he had purged all the sorrow from his soul, he better than he had for many years. Yoda and Qui-Gon saw the change as well, Obi-Wan?s eyes were a window to his soul, and it was purged of all the hurt and sorrow in his life.

They had not spoken of returning to Corruscant yet and Obi-Wan was carrying on some of his duties as Sargent of the Guards. They hadn?t discussed his decision whether to return with them and be a Jedi, or to remain on Chandrila and continue in his current life. It was a decision that was ultimately Obi-Wans to make. He knew Master Yoda and Qui-Gon both wanted him to return with them. Each day his re-learning about the ways of the Jedi became easier for him, and he enjoyed sabre practice with Qui-Gon. He really wanted to be a Jedi, yet he had made a commitment to Senator Mothma and she had given him a chance three years ago.

Obi-Wan was performing a security check down by the water front as a report had come in about a robbery. A speeder had been stolen. Obi-Wan took the details of the robbery, and although there weren?t any eye witnesses. His thoughts kept returning to the being he had seen earlier at the spaceport. Unfortunately no one else had seen the disfigured man fitting Obi-Wan?s description. So with no name to go on their investigation was on hold until a sighting occurred again. Obi-Wan wondered as he headed back if he was really happy being a security guard checking out for stolen speeders, instead of travelling the galaxy being a Jedi.

In their spare time Qui-Gon had been teaching Obi-Wan technics with a sabre, and although Master Durron had given Obi-Wan instruction for several years, it was mostly basic training.
    Qui-Gon knew if he was to get the Council to accept Obi-Wan he would need to know more. The Council would evaluate and test Obi-Wan on his current skills, and it wouldn?t be easy but Qui-Gon was determined to teach Obi-Wan enough skills and knowledge to pass the Councils test.

They began working on establishing a training bond, it wasn?t easy for Obi-Wan to open up completely and allow Qui-Gon to enter his head. Although he had purged his pain and hurt of his past, there were still fears and insecurities about his own worthiness. Normally a bond was best formed before a youngling learned about life?s faults. Initiates were not subjected to the trials and tribulations of the outside world until they were bonded to their Master and he or she would protect the apprentice from the harsher realities of the galaxy, and would be there to teach them to understand the emotions and release their fears. Obi-Wan had learned about life the hard way. His insecurities had grown with him. There was so much to teach Obi-Wan and not a lot of time to do it.
    So Qui-Gon concentrated on the sabre skills rather than the bond. He knew with time the bond would flair to life and be a natural part of them.

Senator Mothma knew Obi-Wan was having a difficult time making a decision about staying or leaving with the Jedi. She knew enough about Obi-Wan to know that his heart would always be with the Jedi. She also knew how dedicated and honour bound he was. So she decided to give him encouragement.

She called him to her office for a private meeting. ?Obi-Wan I feel you are torn between staying here on Chandrila and returning to Corruscant and the Jedi Temple? Is there anything I can do to help you see where your future l

10. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004

His training bond with Qui-Gon was new and he was only just learning how to use it. He opened the bond how Qui-Gon had shown him and called to him through it, asking for help. He also knew Master Yoda seemed to know what he was thinking all the time so he called out to him as well. (Please help me Master Yoda, Master Jinn!) He wondered if they would get to the island in time.

You can't leave it THERE! :eek: Oh wait, I guess you can! ;)

=D=

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Oh no Obi-Wan help him
    ending in a big cliff Get Yoda to the rescue

12. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Aargh! what a mean cliffie! :oops:

OMG could that be....Bruck!? :eek: :oops: [face_worried]

Obi Wan is unarmed, i hope they can get there to him on time [face_worried]

Fantastic, yet mean update with that evil ending :p [face_laugh]

Tnx a lot for the pm, and i anxiously wait for the next update [face_praying] [face_peace]

13. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Hmmmmm? A guy with burns out to get Obi-Wan? I think Veloz may be right. Sounds like Bruck. Don't these bad guys know when to stay dead?:p Anyway, I definitely look forward to Qui-Gon's brilliant rescue, possibly assisted by Yoda, that poor Obi-Wan needs!

14. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    VaderLVR64
    You can't leave it THERE

Oh! cant I.[face_devil]
    Not for long though[face_batting]

earlybird-obi-wan Thanks.
    Yoda and Qui-Gon to the rescue.:cool:

Veloz
    Aargh! what a mean cliffie What can I say
    but I'm a meanieo_O

OMG could that be....Bruck!? o_O

Thanks and I will not keep you in suspense for long.:D

ardavenport
    Hmmmmm? A guy with burns out to get Obi-Wan? I think Veloz may be right. Sounds like Bruck. Don't these bad guys know when to stay dead?

I think the subject of my story may have
    given his identity away8-} [face_laugh]
    Ah! Qui-Gon and Yoda to the rescue. Well they did say they were going to look after Obi.:D

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Over the years Lance and Obi-Wan had climbed every piece of this island and they had found many a hiding hole, which Obi-Wan thought may come in handy now. Obi-Wan knew this man could use the force, so after he sent a plea through the force for help, he closed off his connection, so the man would find it difficult to trace him. He wished he had a solid bond with Master Jinn, if he did then he could speak to him through their bond properly, and be able to shield it. Then this man whoever he was wouldn?t be able to detect it.

Obi-wan knew of a cave that was hidden half way down the rock face, and it came out on the other side jutting out over the water. He struggled to the top of the island and started to run across. Blood was running down his legs, and he knew that the man could easily follow his blood trail, he had to do something.

On top of the hill were some palm trees, and he pulled some of the long fronds off and filled them with dirt and then he wrapped them around his back and around his chest. Slowing the flow of blood down, at least the bleeding was being soaked up by the dirt. Then he ran into the shrub and kept going until he got to the other side. The cave was on this side, and he climbed down to it. Once he squeezed into the cave he moved back into it. He had been in here before, and it was always a tight fit at the entrance but it widened out at the other end.

Obi-Wan was starting to feel really dizzy, and he was bleeding profusely. He took the palm leaves off as they were not helping anymore. He struggled on to the other end. The opening was high above the water and there was no way, you could climb up to the entrance from the water side. It faced the mainland and Obi-Wan would see if anyone was coming out to help him. He sat down and pressed his back against the wall trying to stop the flow of blood.

Back on the mainland Qui-Gon was looking for Obi-Wan. ?Master Yoda have you seen Obi-Wan I was going to teach him a Kata this morning, but I haven?t seen him since first meal?.? he asked.

?Saw him I did, alone he wants to be, come to a decision he has, meditate on it he is. Went to the Island he has, wait here for him we will.? Yoda stated.

?Oh! how long did he say he would be?? he asked.

?Say he did not, left one hour ago he did, come back soon he will? Yoda confirmed.

Yoda and Qui-Gon sat on the veranda looking at the island, abruptly a warning flared, and their fledgling bond erupted in pain, and a message of help was received by them both. An overwhelming fear struck Qui-Gon?s heart. A flood of emotions assailed his new bond with Obi-Wan, fear, confusion and pain, Obi-Wan was in trouble. Something or someone was on the island with him, something evil.

Qui-Gon bolted across the ground heading for the hanger, he saw the Commander as he jumped in a speeder. ?Commander, bring help to the island Obi-Wan is there and he is in trouble! ?Hurry? he called as he sped off in the speeder.

He stopped it long enough for Yoda to climb aboard, and then they streaked across the water at full power. They saw something lying on the beach and pulled up to check it, it was Obi-Wans shirt, and it was covered in blood.

?Up there? Yoda pointed and they could see a glimpse of a black robe disappear behind some rocks. They jumped back on the speeder and floored it to the top of the island, and just in front of them was another speeder. The man in the robe was climbing on to it to escape.

?Find young Obi-Wan you must Qui-Gon, leave this one to me? Yoda insisted.

Qui-Gon jumped off the speeder, and started to follow the trail of blood. Yoda took off across the island in pursuit of the other speeder, he was a fair distance behind the man. Abruptly Yoda?s speeder spluttered and stopped it was out of fuel. In Qui-Gon?s urgency he had taken a speeder that was in line to be refuelled. Yoda could do nothing but watch the man and speeder disappear off into the distance.

Qui-Gon followed the trail of blood until it disappeared by a palm tree; Obi-Wan had somehow stopped the bleeding. Bu

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Hooray! They're finally Master and Padawan. [face_dancing] But I sense that won't be the end of Obi-Wan's troubles. [face_worried]

=D=

17. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Happy Dance! [face_dancing]

I hope the Council foregoes their high and mighty thinking and allows Obi-Wan to train with Qui-Gon. Although, it would be interesting to see their reaction should Yoda and Qui-Gon resign from the Order due to the Council's disapproval of a potentially promising student. [face_thinking]

Another fantastic post! :D

18. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Woooo! [face_dancing]

Loved it, i'm glad that all seems well between Obi Wan and Qui Gon finally:D ... the Council should hush it and quit dissaproving anything [face_not_talking] :p

I still have a bad feeling about the attacker's identity [face_worried]

Wonderful chapter :D =D=

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    yippee Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon together, but that dratted council[face_thinking]

20. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    VaderLVR64

Ummm Obi-Wans troubles are just beginning or perhaps they never ended.[face_whistling]
    Thank you.

bekThanks.
    More action coming soon.[face_worried]

VelozThanks.[:D]
    I think the Council are half the trouble in any situation.
    I always like Obi and Qui together.:*

earlybird-obi-wan
    Obi-Wan has won Qui-Gons heart yet the Council may put a spanner in the works.8-}
    Thanks.

~~~

Yoda stopped them from following Qui-Gon with his cane, and then a heated argument occurred, between Yoda and the Council.

?He is full grown, it is impossible for him to be trained.? said Plo Koon.

?Who was it that has allowed him to wear a Jedi uniform?? snapped Yaddle.

?Where is Master Jinn taking him?? demanded Evan Peill

?What of Master Jinn! He has refused us time and time again to take an apprentice. Now he wants to train an adult, with no previous training ?. impossible? snapped another.

Yoda listened to them spout and finally he spoke. ?Full grown he is not, a worthy apprentice he is. A Jedi he will be, Jedi clothes he must wear. Settle him in to his new home is Master Jinn. Destined to train Obi-Wan from the start was Qui-Gon, yet listen to the force he did not. Listen now we have.
    Training he has received, apprenticed to Master Cass Durron he was. Master Durron died he has, continue his training Qui-Gon will.? Yoda stamped his cane and looked at Mace Windu. ?Discuss this we will in the chambers not here on the landing platform!?

Qui-Gon bustled Obi-Wan away from the Councillors, he wanted the youth out of earshot before the Council erupted. They enter the Temple, and walked down a long corridor, and on either side were statues of Ancient Jedi. Obi-Wan stopped, as he was mesmerized by the beauty of the Temple.Qui-Gon realised he had stopped and turned back to look at him.

?I remember the last time I was in this corridor; I was on my way to Bandameer. I couldn?t bear to look at the statues of all those great Jedi then, it pained me so much.? Obi-Wan said.

Qui-Gon didn?t know what to say, he had walked through this corridor many times as he came and left to go on missions, he hadn?t really thought about the statues and what they represented. So Qui-Gon just placed his hand on Obi-Wan?s shoulder and gently squeezed it.

They continued on passing a few Jedi on the way, several of them greeted Qui-Gon and nodded to Obi-Wan. Nevertheless Qui-Gon did not linger as he could sense the awkwardness, and unease radiating through their bond. As they stepped inside Qui-Gon?s apartment, he heard the hitched sigh that was released from Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon took off his robe and flung it across the couch expecting Obi-Wan to do the same, but when he turned around Obi-Wan hadn?t moved from the middle of the room.

?Are you alright Padawan?? he asked.

?Yes Master, I suppose it?s just hard to believe that I am really here. I had resigned my self that I would never step foot in the Jedi Temple again.? Obi-Wan murmured. ?I feel overwhelmed, I?m not sure if it is relief I feel or disbelief.?

Qui-Gon stepped over and took Obi-Wan?s robe off and then held him by the shoulders.
    ?Believe it Padawan, I can assure you it is real, and then Qui-Gon did something he normally wouldn?t do; he pulled Obi-Wan into his chest and wrapped his arms around his young charge....

The Council were seated and were listening to Yoda?s account of their discovery of Obi-Wan.
    ?You speak of Master Durron, yet he left the order many years ago, how can it be that he took the Kenobi boy to be trained.? Saesee Tiin Questioned

?Permission to train him was not granted by this Council? Eeth Koth stated.

Yoda explained what transpired on Thyferra and had it not been for the eruption, Obi-Wan would have returned to the Temple, to be apprenticed.
    ?Master Durron taught Obi-Wan many things?. prepared the youngling to continue his training. Has followed the code and has been mindful of the force. His path was fraught with danger, but performed his duties, with

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great update and that council has come to their senses.
    Meeting Garen is nice for him.
    That mission BEWARE OF DANGER Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon

22. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    So glad to see an update! Sorry the review isn't longer, I'm on my way out the door for my morning run! :p

=D=

23. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Sounds like Mace has come around, and most of the Order, too. Jinn/Kenobi is back!

Now that Obi-Wan has had formal training, I wonder how the confrontation will go, because I do suspect there will be one.

Lovely update.

24. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Yay![face_dancing]

Wonderful to see that the Council recognized Obi Wan's talent, and gave him a second chance... good call! =D=

Ugh now the pale man is back, and he's waiting for Obi Wan [face_worried] ... i know who it is though o_O ;) [face_laugh]

I cant wait to see what's next! :D

25. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Aaaaaaaaah, Obi-Wan all rescued and caught up as Qui-Gon's apprentice again. Things are much better for him. :) But Mace embarrassed him terribly I think with his announcement in the lunchroom. [face_blush] Now, there is just that annoying bad guy out there. But is it Obi-Wan's unfinished business or Qui-Gon's? o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.