main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Destiny. -- AU - Obi - Bruck - Qui-Gon - OC's * ** COMPLETED *** 7th May.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Thanks for reading only one more post to go.[face_dancing]

earlybird-obi-wan
    His mission is thrawt with danger.[face_worried]

VaderLVR64
    Second last update coming. Umm a run in the Sun sounds good.
    I might try a walk in the park instead.:cool:

Valairy_Scot
    Jinn/Kenobi are back the Council know a good thing when they open their eyes.[face_hypnotized]

Veloz
    Thanks[:D]
    The Council do have some brainy moments.
    The pale man makes him self known [face_devil]

ardavenportNow, there is just that annoying bad guy out there. But is it Obi-Wan's unfinished business or Qui-Gon's?

The bad guy makes his appearance very soon [face_mischief]

~~~~

Their investigation carried on for several days, and so far ten people were missing, and four of those were children. They were studying a map of the surrounding city and forest area, trying to figure out where he would hide ten people.

?If he is holding them hostage he would need a place to keep them and it would be in an area where he can access it easily and still know what is going on.? Qui-Gon suggested.

?He would need access to the communication centre and be able to tap into our conversations with the authorities?. Lura indicated.

?Do you think he has a hideout in the Forest somewhere?? Jyl who was only fifteen asked.

?Most likely in an abandoned building, probably on the outskirts of town? Obi-Wan suggested.

Both Masters nodded in agreement. Giuliani gave them the addresses of all the buildings that were vacant, and there was quite a few due to an earth wake on the north side, which had left many buildings unstable. The whole area had been cordoned off ready for demolition, however because it was the rainy season the demolition was put on hold until the summer.

?We must move with caution and remain in touch with each other at all times? Qui-Gon said.

As they making their way through a rather large building they felt the disturbance in the force just before an explosion rocked the building, and the floor gave way. Master Lura, her Padawan Jyl and Obi-Wan fell down into the basement. They used the force to break their fall but it was a long way down, and Master Lura was knocked unconscious.
    Qui-Gon was thrown across the building crashing through a window and landed on the street. He got up and ran back to the entrance but it was blocked by rubble. He had to find another way in.

Obi-Wan checked Master Lura, she had a nasty gash on her head, and he heard a moan and ran over to Jyl who was trapped under a fallen beam. As he started to lift it off of the younger Padawan, blaster fire erupted all around him. Some one was shooting at him, so he ignited his sabre and defended himself and Jyl. There were three of them and they were closing in on the fallen Jedi Master. He deflected their shots back at them causing them to retreat, which gave him enough time to lift the beam off Jyl.

He helped her up. ?Where?s my Master?? Jyl asked. Obi-Wan pointed, and they rushed over to her.

Jyl shook her bringing her Master to consciousness, while Obi-Wan deflected more shots. The Padawan helped her Master up, just as another person joined the shooters attempting to shoot Obi-Wan. Master Lura heard the hiss of a sabre and turned to see a hooded man holding a red sabre.

?Is that the man Obi-Wan?? she whispered.

?Yes Master it is, can you walk we have to get out of here, and fast?? he confirmed.

?Yes, let?s go" she answered and the two Padawan?s helped Master Lura towards the only corridor left undamaged.

Qui-Gon heard the blaster fire and knew his Padawan and the others were under fire, he started to climb into the building, however Blaster fire erupted behind him also. Qui-Gon had a battle of his own to win, before he could help the others.

Obi-Wan was half carrying Master Lura and they ran down the hall which came out into another part of the building. They didn?t have time to check it out because the hooded man and half a dozen of his

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nooh Obi :eek: Let Qui-Gon come to the rescue

3. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Oh no :oops:

I have a really bad feeling about this [face_worried] ... i still think that's Bruck o_O [face_whistling] [face_laugh]

I cant wait to read what happens! oh dear, the last chapter? :_| [face_hypnotized]

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Uh oh, this isn't good! [face_worried]

I can't wait to see what you do in that last post, though now I'm a little worried!

=D=

5. obi-gonjinn

obi-gonjinn Jedi Master star 1

Jun 18, 2006
    AAAAAAAAAggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!:eek:
    please let all be right ya know I love da happy endings!

And obis and padawan again coooooooooooolllll and him and garen are friends again coooooollll!

I love this story and cant wait for more love you my friend [:D] [face_love]

6. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

earlybird-obi-wan
    Let Qui-Gon come to the rescue
    It is usually one or the other. Qui or Obi seem to be rescuing each other.o_O

Veloz

i still think that's Bruck Do you now! Well time will tell.[face_not_talking]

VaderLVR64

Uh oh, this isn't good The calm before the storm:eek:

Dont worry so much leave that to me[face_worried]

obi-gonjinn

I'm happy you are back, and still making me keep Obi alive.
    and the ending is coming tomorrow maybe.

Missed you heaps my friend.[face_love]

7. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Ok, here it is the last chapter in Destiny. [face_worried]

?I was the better Padawan; I was even more powerful than Xanatos! he screamed. ?Qui-Gon took ?me? as his most worthy apprentice, and sent you to Thyferra. That should have been the end of you, yet even when we all thought you were dead, his thoughts were always on ?You!? he screamed as he threw Obi-Wan against the wall.

?Well he won?t have you, I will make sure of that and when I have finished with you, I will kill
    ?Our Master? and then you will serve me!? he cackled.

Obi-Wan was helpless in the Mans grip, yet he spoke anyway. ?Bruck?.Why Bruck!?. Why are you doing this! You had the best Master in the order, you had everything.? and then Obi-Wan added. ?I had nothing?
    ?Yes I had everything except his love, it had been claimed by first Xanatos and then you and he didn?t even recognise it. His thoughts betrayed him, even when you were presumed dead, he thought of you! He chased me into the explosives warehouse, knowing that I would be killed or worse maimed! He didn?t care, because he wanted to be free of me! I hate him!? he screamed.

Obi-Wan realised Bruck was insane, that?s why they hadn?t recognised his aura it was twisted with insanity.

?Bruck please let them go, and I will come with you willingly?

Bruck looked at him with hatred in his eyes. ?I don?t want you to come with me willingly; I want you to be terrified of me!? he growled.

Obi-Wan knew Qui-Gon was coming, his Master had sent through his sluggish bond to hold on, that he was on his way. So Obi-Wan had to keep Bruck off balance and keep him occupied.

Obi-Wan started to laugh. ?I am not terrified, or even afraid of you, I pity you? he said knowing that
    it was risky to upset an insane Bruck.

Bruck screamed and rammed him against the wall. Pinning Obi-Wan next to Jyl, and then he stabbed his sabre into Obi-Wans shoulder. The red blade was still activated and stuck out from the wall through his shoulder.

Bruck smiled and cackled. ?Does it hurt? however when Obi-Wan didn?t answer him he whirled around, and his anger was obvious. He ignited a blue sabre, which he pulled from his belt and started slashing at boxes and tools as he walked away from Obi-Wan.

Through the pain Obi-Wan quickly whispered to Jyl to cut her bonds on the sabre, and as soon as he and Bruck were gone she was to release the prisoners and get out of the room in a hurry.

?Do not dawdle the room is rigged.? he whispered quickly.

She did as she was told and then pretended to still be tied up. Bruck continued his destructive path across the room and then turned around and strode back brandishing the blue sabre. He held it close to Obi-Wans chest.

?I think you are lying? Bruck sneered. ?I think you ?are- frightened, and I am going to enjoy breaking you? he said as he pulled the red sabre out of Obi-Wans shoulder.

As he did Obi-Wan gathered his remaining strength and kicked Bruck in the chest causing him to drop the blue sabre. Obi-Wan charged him and head butted Bruck, falling over with Bruck in the process. Jyl grabbed the sabre, and hid it behind her. Bruck struggled with Obi-Wan on the floor, and hit Obi-Wan with the hilt of his red sabre. Blood gushed out of his forehead and it knocked him senseless. Bruck dragged Obi-Wan to his feet and screamed at him.

?Do that again and I will kill them right now!? Bruck was pointing at the prisoners, and so Obi-Wan stopped struggling. Bruck hit him again and he fell to the floor and then Bruck took out a metal collar and secured it around his neck.

Just then one of his men came in through another door. ?Everything is ready ?my lord? the ship is waiting.?

Bruck dragged Obi-Wan to his feet and pulled him by the collar out the door, closing it behind him. He had set detonators in the room, and Obi-Wan had sensed them that is why he told Jyl to escape quickly. Jyl ignited the sabre and released all the prisoners, and they were heading for the door, just as Qui-Gon entered the room. Qui-Gon sensed the detonators, and yelled for everyone

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ?Well it seems to me that you spend an alarming amount of time in Bacta, perhaps you would have been safer staying on Chandrila or perhaps, marrying that nice girl Padmè.?

Obi-Wan grinned. ?I am not sure how ?safe? I would be married to Padmè! she has a wild streak in her and I think she craves excitement Master?

?Oh! and you don?t Padawan??

?No Master I have had enough excitement to last me a lifetime. I think a few years in the temple with a bit of peace and quiet is just what the healer ordered? he laughed.

?Are you ready to go home to the Temple my Padawan??

?Oh yes Master? he smiled as Qui-Gon tugged at his braid.

?Master do you think I will reach Knighthood, and be good enough to have a Padawan of my own??

?I know you will Padawan, provided I can keep you out of Bacta long enough.? Qui-Gon chuckled.

?Then perhaps you should keep out of trouble Master, and I wouldn?t have to keep saving you? Obi-Wan grinned.

Qui-Gon laughed for he felt the force whispering that Obi-Wan would become a great Jedi, far better than he. ?Then I shall endeavour to keep out of trouble my Obi-Wan?

A perfect ending! :D

=D=

9. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Nice twist, Bruck seeking revenge instead of Xanatos. :)

?Master do you think I will reach Knighthood, and be good enough to have a Padawan of my own??

?I know you will Padawan, provided I can keep you out of Bacta long enough.? Qui-Gon chuckled.

?Then perhaps you should keep out of trouble Master, and I wouldn?t have to keep saving you? Obi-Wan grinned.

Qui-Gon laughed for he felt the force whispering that Obi-Wan would become a great Jedi, far better than he. ?Then I shall endeavour to keep out of trouble my Obi-Wan?

Loved Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon's banter, perfect ending. Great job with this Gkilkenny, every moment was enjoyable! =D=

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great story with Bruck ending in a similar way (hitting the ground) Nice for Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon finally together

11. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    [face_laugh] sorry :p but i was right! :cool: [face_laugh]

Yay! i love a happy ending! [face_dancing]

[face_laugh] i loved this part...kinda reminded me of the Obi Wan/Anakin dinamic aswell ;)

I enjoyed this fic very much, thanks a lot for sharing it with us! :D

12. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    VaderLVR64

Thank you I am so glad you enjoyed it.[:D]

bekThanks for your comments.[:D]
    I thought I would give Bruck a bit of action
    and thanks to Jude Watson for inventing him. She can have him back now.;)

earlybird-obi-wan
    I remembered Bruck fell off the cliff
    and broke his neck in the JA books so
    I thought it was a fitting end for him.:p

Thansk so much.[:D]

Veloz

I knew that you were going to be right about Bruck.
    Some one had to be the bad guy so I thought

"Hey why not Bruck" [face_laugh]

Thanks for your reviews.[:D]

13. obi-gonjinn

obi-gonjinn Jedi Master star 1

Jun 18, 2006
    @};- HAPPY ENDING!!!!!!!:D
    I love da happy endings and you gave us one! :D
    I love you Gkilkenny You have yet again written a masterpiece@};-
    Soooooooooo Bruck was insane 8-} always thought he was bonkers! [face_monkey] always wanted to use the Monkey face!
    I loved this story it was grand! =D= =D= =D= keep on writing friend! [face_cowboy] [face_love] :* =D= =D= =D=

14. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Happy endings are so nice. :) I was quite glad to see and end to Bruck; he was his own worst enemy in the end. Very sad. I can just picture Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan keeping each other out of trouble.

15. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Yay, another happy ending! I'm glad Yoda never gave up on Obi-Wan, and Qui-gon finally came around. I guessed it was either Bruck or Xanatos...interesting that his hate drove Bruck mad. [face_thinking] Sad too, that he was so obsessed and so killed himself.

Sorry about the pm problem, but thanks for them anyway! [:D]

Another wonderful story! =D=

16. Sionnach-Airgid

Sionnach-Airgid Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2005
    =D= =D= =D=

Great posts, Gkilkenny! I'm so sorry it's taking me this long to read them, but I haven't been on-line at all! Thank you so much for keeping me on the PM list! [face_love]

I'm still not fond of Qui, but I'm very happy that he did the right thing and that Obi was able to become a Jedi. And way to go Mace with his introduction of Obi to the rest of the temple so that Obi wouldn't have to deal with the difficulties of the rumour mill!

Great story and I'll look forward to reading more of your work soon!

@};- @};- @};-

17. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    obi-gonjinn

For you always a happy ending. except when I
    want to make you cry[face_laugh]
    I loved writing this story, and I am sure I will find another one for you .[:D]

oops! gotta go times run out I will send thanks to every one else next post [:D]

18. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    ardavenport[:D]
    Thanks I am a sucka for keeping Obi-Wan alive and happy in the end. I wanted to torture Bruck instead of Xanatos this time just for fun.[face_laugh] [face_devil]

Jedi_TigrisThank you for replying.:)
    Yes another happy ending.

Sionnach-Airgid Thanks for reading[:D]
    No worries sometimes RL gets in the way of fan fiction.

I didn't like Qui-Gon that much either. I thought he was arrogant and abrupt towards Obi-Wan in the movie. So I like to write him that way and make him better in the end.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.