main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Destiny Beckoning: repost with a new title. (5/10/03)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jacen200015, Apr 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Title: Destiny Beckoning
    Author: jacen200015
    Timeframe: five days before Jedi Apprentice 1; Rising force.
    Characters: Ka-Trillia, Larecker, La-Stella, Obi-Wan, etc.
    Genre: slightly AU, a bit angst and a small crossover (I think).
    Summary: Ka-Trillia and her Master go on a mission only to find that it is a trap. Ka-Trillia is taken away by pirates and Lord Bakur chases after them.
    meanwhile her brother, who is training to be a Sith, goes to find crystals for his lightsaber and later goes to Hoth with his master.
    but treachery is afoot when Ka-Trillia's brother's master decides to take things into his own hands when Sideous orders him to disregard Lord Bakur's orders.

Note: Ka-Trillia is going to be the future mother of Mara Jade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a dark night on Corellia. Everything was silent.

It was early morning
    when the sound of running feet and a crying baby split the eerie silence.

A woman ran through the dark streets of the Capital city, with a baby girl in her arms.

"It is all right I'm here." She soothed
    her child with a gentle voice and went on.

She knew she must hurry and find
    the Jedi Knight who was overseeing a trade agreement with a neighboring
    planet.

From what she had heard, the trade agreement had been signed, and the Jedi Knight would be leaving a few hours after sunrise.

Her thoughts reflected back to the events that had led to this...

Relia's father was a retired Jedi Knight who had left the order to get married to Relia's mother.

A year later she was born, Relia's midichlorian count was not very high, but it was high enough to be taught a few Jedi
    tricks.

Her father wanted her to learn at least a few Jedi skills; he also
    wanted her to learn as much as she could about the Jedi.

As Relia grew up she listened to her father as he talked about the lives of the Jedi, he told her of his missions, Padawans and his Master. He told her everything.

When Relia was 18 years old she met a handsome boy, his name was Kedru. She then started to go out with him and one day he proposed to her and she had accepted.

Her mother and friends were very happy for her and
    gave their congratulations to them; everyone celebrated that day except her father.

Just two days after the celebration Relia's father had disappeared.

There were search parties but their search was in vain, for he was nowhere
    to be found. After a year of mourning for her father she married Kedru.

Two years after her marriage her father's spirit visited her in the bedroom and
    talked to her.

She remembered the shock she felt when her father told her who Kedru really was and that her father had been killed in a dual with him.

He told her that Kedru's real name was actually Lord Bakur and that he was a
    Sith. He told her about the battle he had fought with Lord Bakur and how
    evil Bakur/Kedru really was.

Her father then told her to remember the force skills she'd been taught and use them. After her father's spirit had left
    she went over all the things that he had told her.

She couldn't keep from breaking into tears, she remembered how her world came crashing down, how her heart broke when her father's spirit had told her what had happened and
    who Kedru really was.

She remembered that after crying for what seemed to be hours she had finally got herself under control and started to meditate on everything her father had said to her.

She meditated for three and a half-hours before she went to bed. The next morning she found out that she was a couple of days pregnant.

When she found out she was pregnant she felt
    even more devastated, this inhumane monster had impregnated her and had
    ruined her life.

She couldn't help but think that she should have known. She then decided that she would hide the fact that she knew Kedru's secret, so that she could protect her child she was carrying.

Before she went to bed the next night she vowed that she would find a way to turn the tables on him and make him pay f

2. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    And, and, and................

MORE!!!!!

:D

Well done Master mine!!

3. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Meanwhile, Jedi Knight Tyken had just finished getting ready for his trip back to Coruscant, when he felt an urge by the Force leading him into an abandoned street, not far from the hanger.

Just when he got there, he felt that someone was watching him from behind an old pile of
    crates. Gently, he said to the person behind the crates to come out, knowing that the person was tense. Slowly, a woman came out of her hiding place.

" May I ask what your name is?" she asked, doubting herself that she can do this.

"Yes. I am Tyken, Jedi Knight," he answered.

The woman lowered her guard
    down and stepped forward, for she knew she had found the Jedi that her
    father's spirit had told her to find.

"My name is Relia, and I want the Jedi to take my child and train her to be one of their own," said Relia.

"How does your husband feel about this? " Tyken asked her.

"He does not know, I am doing what my father said for me to do, it is for her own protection, and I know this is the will of the force." she answered.

"Who is your father? " he asked.

"He was a Jedi Master. I have recorded some things on this data chip, it will explain everything to the council." she replied handing him a data chip.

"I'll do as you wish and take your child with me to the temple." Tyken answered.

"Thank you. " she replied gratefully.

Tyken then checked the child's
    midichlorian count and found her force potential to be great.

"Yes, this child has potential to be a Jedi." he answered.

"Then take her with you and may the Jedi protect her from harm." replied
    Relia. She then kissed her child on the forehead and handed her daughter to
    Tyken.

"Wait a minute what is her name?"

Relia turned around to face Tyken "Let the council give her a name. Her real name is on the data chip."

She then turned and went down the street and disappeared into the shadows. When she had left the baby started to cry, Tyken comforted her with the force and rocked her in his arms till she went to sleep.

He then, with the baby in his arms, went onto the ship. Once Tyken was inside
    the ship, he fixed up the sleeping cot to put the baby on, who was still asleep at the time; he tucked her in comfortably with a blanket.

After he put the baby girl to bed, he went to the cockpit, and set the coordinates
    into the nav computer, and entered the ship into hyperspace.

After a few minutes he decided to check on the baby girl. He found her still sound
    asleep on the cot like nothing had happened.

He sat down near the cot and began to meditate. A hour later Tyken had finished meditating and noticed that the little girl was just about to wake up, so he gently picked her up out of the cot, and went to prepare some milk for her, and get her something suitable for her to drink milk out of.

After the milk was ready, he fed it to her. As she was drinking the milk, Tyken observed her carefully. She had soft, curly orange-brown hair and a sparkle in her eye.

After she had finished her milk, she fell asleep in his arms and slept so peacefully that Tyken wanted to keep right on holding her.

A few minutes later, he put her
    back down on the cot and went to get some rest himself.

Two days later they arrived at Coruscant. After the ship had landed Tyken, picked up the sleeping little girl gently in his arms, and proceeded to the Jedi temple.

Her life as a Jedi had officially begun.

4. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    More please

5. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Hugs her new reader. thanks PatttyB0123
    working on this story has been tough. i appreciate any comments, big or small. :)

6. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Twelve Years Later

La-Stella watched her Padawan closely as she did her exercises.

Ka-Trillia was a tall, slender girl with long brown, curly hair with a tint of red and piercing green eyes. She was also a very energetic girl, jumping into situations to quickly at times.

Yes, she was a good Padawan, even if she had her faults. "You're doing a good job, Ka-Trillia. Two more minutes, then we can go eat" La-Stella said through their bond.

"I'm going to see Obi-Wan after I eat," Ka-Trillia replied.

"Okay, just remember that we have a mission debriefing to go to in a few hours, so don't take to long," said La-Stella

"Okay," replied Ka-Trillia.

After lunch Ka-Trillia found Obi-Wan sitting by one of the fountains in The Room of a Thousand Fountains. There was a green house in the room that had different types of plants, there were fountains with sparkling water flowing out of them, and a sweet smelling fragrance that filled the air.

She found Obi-wan at one of the fountains, looking at the water.

"Hi, Obi-Wan what are you doing?" asked Ka-Trillia.

Obi-Wan turned around to face her. "Just thinking," replied Obi-Wan.

"Obi-Wan, I know what you are going through, I know your 13th birthday is
    coming, and I know you don't have a master yet. I know what you must be thinking; don't let it make you depressed, Okay?" Ka-Trillia said, with concern in her voice.

Obi-Wan looked at Ka-Trillia and he knew that Ka-Trillia was trying to help him out.

"I really appreciate you trying to help me, and I am thankful that I have a
    friend like you," he responded, feeling a whole lot better.

"I know this is a tough time for you and as your friend I will help you in
    whatever way I can, and as a true friend I got a early birthday present for
    you, Obi-Wan," she responded.

"What is it?" asked Obi-Wan.

She reached into her pocket and took out a
    bluish-green jewel and put it into Obi-Wan's hand.

"It is a rare jewel. I bought it from a trader. If you close your hand around the jewel, it will set off a warm glow with a rich fragrance. I know you will like it." she said, smiling.

"Thank you," replied Obi-Wan. "I'll treasure it always." Obi-wan exclaimed in astonishment.

Obi-Wan looked at the stone in his hand. It gave off a warm sensation, helping him to relax more and feel more confident in the
    situation he was in.

"You are the best friend I've ever had, and I thank you that you are my friend," said Obi-wan with a smile on his face.

"Obi, I will always be your friend no matter how far away we may be from each other, and I will cherish our friendship forever." And with that she put her arms around Obi-Wan and gave him a hug, kissed him on the cheek and left,leaving Obi-Wan blushing.

In the Council Chamber La-Stella and her Padawan entered the Council Chamber, and went to the center of the room, and bowed before the Council.

The Council consisted of human and non-human species; one of these was the Jedi
    Master Yoda.

Yoda was the most respected senior Jedi Master on the council.
    He was a small, green, pointed-eared alien. Despite his size he was the wisest Jedi on the council.

Mace Windu began their mission debriefing. "We are sending you to the planet Dathomir to oversee its election of a
    governor," Windu began.

"There are two candidates in the running for governor: Councilor Rahamada and Councilor Enatitoe. There are people on the planet who do not want to have a governor or a government at all, and they will do anything to stop the election," finished Windu.

Ki-Adi-Mundi continued. "There is also the option of reasoning with this group of people before the elections begin. That will be your first priority," he finished.

La-Stella and her Padawan acknowledged their understanding of the assignment that was
    ahead of them with a slight nod of their heads.

"May the Force be with you," said Yoda. La-Stella and her Padawan bowed their heads in respect and left the room.

7. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I loved the dialoge. The way they were talking in the garden.
    Nice details.

8. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Thanks. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Corillia, in a secret underground dwelling.

"Darth Krateous I trust your mission was a success?" asked Lord Bakur.

"Yes my Master. The rebels on Dathimar have been told that Jedi are coming to there planet, and I have started a rumor among the rebels that the Jedi are not to be trusted."
    he replied with a hint of pride in his voice.

"Good, good. You have done well. Now it is time for your next assignment." Said Bakur.

He then pressed a button on the right arm of the chair singling Larecker to enter.

Larecker had been waiting outside the door to the Dark Lord's chamber for about five minutes when the red light on the door blinked twice and let out a beep signaling for the boy to come in.

Larecker then entered the Dark Lord's chamber, bowed to Lord Bakur and stood next to Darth Krateous.

The room was triangular shaped with a sloping ceiling. Two of the three points outside the triangular compound were rounded, so a door could be put in on the end points of the compound. Only one of the
    points was sharp, and this is where lord Bakur's throne was.

In the center of the triangular compound
    was an area large enough for an arena. The arena was as big as an average sized house. The arena floor was made of square pieces of metal and stone, in the metal-stone blocks was a small chamber with ysalamiri,
    on the top of the blocks were tiny holes that could be opened and closed with a remote.

When the holes are opened the ysalamiri would then proceed with the chemical process of blocking the force inside the arena.
    The two doors had different colors, the one on the left was a royal purple color and the door on the right was a deep red. The red door was the entrance and exit to the compound.

Larecker made his way pass the arena and stood beside Darth Krateous inclined his head respectively to Bakur and Krateous. As soon as Larecker took his place Bakur began.

"Darth Krateous you are to take Larecker as your Apprentice. Your first mission will be to go to Yavin Four and retrieve a crystal that Exar Kun created, and hid deep in the ruins of one of the ancient temples.
    After you have retrieved the crystal, Larecker is to install it into his light saber." Bakur paused for a minute to let this information sink in.

He continued, "After you have done this you are to start the boy's training on the planet Hoth." He finished, fixing his dark, green eyes on both of them.

"Lord Bakur, when do I get to fight in a real battle"? Larecker asked with immeasurable calm in his voice.

"As soon as your master and I think you are ready." Bakur replied.

"Now proceed to your quarters. Your master and I have things to discuss."

"As you wish Master Bakur." Larecker bowed his head then turned and left the room.

"I thought you were going to train him???" Krateous began, still trying to sort this turn of events out.

"I was going to, then I decided against it." Bakur replied.

"Come on you got to have a reason? Does it have to do with the master plan you have been devising?" Krateous asked.

"Plans change Krateous and I believe it is best that you train the boy." Bakur answered with certainty in his voice.

"I was really looking forward to continuing on with my previous mission, now I'm stuck with an apprentice." Krateous grumbled, still not pleased with the events that were taking place.

"Krateous stop your grumbling this instant, it will not get you anywhere!! NOW LISTEN TO ME, I am in charge, I make the plans AND I can make changes. Understood??!!" Bakur yelled, clearly frustrated that Krateous had challenged his orders.

"I understand." Krateous replied.

"Now that's much better. Don't worry I'll save some action for you, I promise." Bakur replied. With a slight smile on his face.

Krateous inclined his head and turned and walked out of the room.

As soon as he had left Bakur walked over to the left door, punched in a code and entered.

Beyond the doorway was a long dark hallway that twisted

9. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.