main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Destiny Deferred- JA w/ original char. The Last Message- 6\16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by starlight_kenobi, Nov 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    I think I need to read more!!!!!!!!! :D :eek: :D

I want to know what she is going to explain to Obi! :)

Great post, Starlight! And you're welcome (above...)... :D I'm looking forward to more! :D

2. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  3. _Cerasi_

_Cerasi_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Ooh, a cliff-hanger ending. Not a desperate cliff-hanger, but still a good one.

Great post. Can't wait for more. :)

4. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Finally catching up here and I'm intrigued already. Does Starlight really want revenge? She used to love Qui-Gon so much, can she forget that? And what is it that Alayana wants to tell Obi?

5. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    OOOOOOOOOOooooooooo What does she need to explain. Oh no, don;t stop there! Please hurry up and post more soon. :D

6. starlight_kenobi

starlight_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    I've decided to stop the wait. :) :D Here's your next post.

--------------------------

Obi-Wan sat down at one of the high tables inside the café, near the window. Alayana went to get the juice for the two of them. \\I think Alayana is starting to grow on me.\\

He watched the girl as she waited at the counter for their order. She tapped her finger on the counter top, and looked around impatiently. When the juices finally came, she hurried over to Obi-Wan and sat down.

?Here you go.? She handed Obi-Wan his juice.

?Thanks.? Obi-Wan took a bite of the juice. It was tart, yet sweet. \\Just like Alayana.\\

?Obi-Wan, we have to talk. I want you to know I?m going to be completely honest with you; but, only if you are totally honest with me.? Alayana looked at Obi-Wan seriously.

Obi-Wan nodded, ?Of course I?ll be honest with you.?

Alayana smiled slightly, ?Good. Good.? She trailed off absently, and looked out the window.

?Alayana, are you all right?? Obi-Wan looked at the girl anxiously.

Alayana shook her head to bring herself back to the present. ?I?m fine Obi-Wan. I was just thinking?? She trailed off again, but quickly brought herself back.

?Obi-Wan, I know you?re here to look into Offworld, but I can tell you now you won?t find anything.?

?Alayana--?

?No--? The girl cut him off quickly. ?Obi-Wan, I know Offworld isn?t exactly innocent, but you won?t find anything. Not even?? Alayana stopped and looked at her juice.

?Not even what, Alayana?? Obi-Wan leaned forward eagerly.

?Not even her.? Alayana looked up at Obi-Wan her gaze steady again. ?I know you?re looking for her, but you won?t find her.?

?Her who? Starlight?? Obi-Wan?s eyes widened in amazement, this wasn?t what he expected to hear at all.

Alayana shrugged her shoulders. ?I don?t know what her name was. All to know is Xanatos had a girl our age with him when he was here on Telos. He kept her under lock and key though, I never really saw her. Occasionally, I would get a glimpse of her when I came with Al?yana to the office, but I never spoke to her.?

?How would you know I would be looking for her??

?Al?yana told me that she used to be a Jedi. He knew you would look for her when you came.? She shook her head again. ?It won?t do you any good, she disappeared with Xanatos.?

Obi-Wan frowned, ?That doesn?t mean I won?t try looking.?

Alayana smiled at him. ?I was hoping you?d say that.? She reached into one of her pockets. ?Here.? She handed him a tiny disk. ?Maybe this will help.?

Obi-Wan looked at the disk for a moment, "What is it?"

"Oh, just an address that might help you."

Obi-Wan looked at Alayana curiously. ?Where?d you get this??

She smiled mischievously, ?Hanging out with thieves had its advantages.?

Obi-Wan laughed slightly, ?Why would you do this? How could you know I was going to walk you home??

The girl?s smile widened. ?You don?t really think I was actually dumb to the fact that Al?yana had a meeting today, do you? I simply planned ahead, if you were nice I?d give you the disk, if not I wouldn?t.?

Obi-Wan smiled brightly as well. ?Why me??

Alayana blushed scarlet and suddenly became very interested in her forgotten juice. ?I saw your bio from a few years ago, and watched you and your master arrive. I kind of figured if I?d get to meet a cute guy and do a good deed, why pass up the opportunity? I knew I?d have a better time with you than with your master.?

It was Obi-Wan?s turn to blush. For a moment neither one of them spoke, both were too busy stirring their, now-melted-but-ever-so-entertaining juices. Alayana finally spoke up.

?As for why help at all; I understand what it?s like to be? alone. To always be surrounded by people older than you. It?s not very fun.?

Obi-Wan nodded understandingly, ?I know the feeling.? The two shared an understanding smile.

Alayana looked down at her watch, ?Wow, it?s gett

7. _Cerasi_

Aug 23, 2001
    Oh, very good post, Starlight. Just the way to get to a guy, isn't it? ;) Great twist for a great story.

Eagerly awaiting the next post! :)

8. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  9. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Great post!!!!

You know... I think Alayana... no, I won't say what I think incase I'm right and that'd spoil it for everyone else. And of course, I'm probably wrong... :p

I love the twist that post has given the story - I'm looking forward to reading more! :D

10. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
  11. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    OOOOOOooooooo, am I detecting a hint of romance? :D :D :D

12. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    Here's the next post guys! :) Love the reactions by the way. ;) :)

-----------

Qui-Gon was sitting on the couch in the hotel room, reading the information Al?yana had given him, when Obi-Wan came in. Qui-Gon looked up just in time to catch the silly grin Obi-Wan was trying to hide. He watched as the young man stood for a moment doing nothing but staring out the window. \\I wonder what he?s day-dreaming about.\\

?Ahem,? Qui-Gon cleared his throat loudly.

Obi-Wan jumped slightly. ?Oh, master I didn?t realize you were there.? Obi-Wan blushed.

?I noticed padawan. You didn?t seem to notice much of anything.? Qui-Gon smiled, ?What has your mind so preoccupied??

Obi-Wan blushed even more. ?Oh, it?s nothing really.? Obi-Wan was going to stop, be reconsidered after taking in Qui-Gon?s warning glance. He gave in. ?I was thinking about Alayana.?

Qui-Gon smiled, ?I thought so.?

?Well, how?d your meeting go?? Obi-Wan changed the subject quickly.

?It went well. Al?yana seems very cooperative. He has allowed us access to all of Offworld?s files.?

Obi-Wan?s eyes widened, ?Wow.?

Qui-Gon nodded in agreement. ?I didn?t expect him to be so open either.? He looked back down at the data-pad in his hand. ?It appears Offworld is cleaning up its act.?

Obi-Wan reached into his tunic pocket and pulled out the disk Alayana gave him. ?Master, I have something to show you.?

Qui-Gon looked up again. ?Yes, Obi-Wan??

?Master, Alayana gave me this,? he handed Qui-Gon the disk. ?She thought it might help us find Starlight.?

Qui-Gon stared at the disk as if it were a precious jewel. ?What??

?I think she hacked into some of Offworld?s secret files.?

?Why?? Qui-Gon didn?t look up.

?She said she understood what Starlight must have felt like. She said she saw Starlight a few times, she wanted to help.?

Qui-Gon said nothing.

?Master??

Qui-Gon looked up at Obi-Wan for a moment, ?Well, let?s see what this disk holds.?

Qui-Gon placed the disk in his data-pad. The address of a building along with a level number appeared. ?Do you know where this is Obi-Wan??

Obi-Wan shook his head, ?No master.?

Qui-Gon nodded slightly, ?I figured. Neither do I.? He paused, ?Do you think Alayana knows??

Obi-Wan thought for a moment, ?Probably.?

?Good, can you contact her??

?We might be able to find her at the Offworld offices.?

Qui-Gon nodded, ?Right. We?ll contact her tomorrow.? He turned off the data-pad. ?Now, we?ll sleep.?

Obi-Wan stood and stretched. ?It sounds like a plan to me.? He walked toward his room. ?Goodnight, Master.?

?Goodnight, Obi-Wan.? He paused, ?Oh, and Obi-Wan??

?Yes, Master.?

?Congratulations, on your date.?

-------------

What'd ya think? :)

13. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    ?Congratulations, on your date.? :p :D ;) That was great! :)

Okay, I really want to know where that address leads... :D

So.... when can we expect another post? ;) :D

14. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    I think I'm gonna stick with my every-other-day writing. It keeps me from getting too bogged down. :)
    :D
    Oh yeah, Thanks! ;)

15. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
  16. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    There is no peace, there is anger.

There is no fear, there is power.

There is no death, there is immortality.

There is no weakness, there is the dark side.

I am the heart of darkness.

I know no fear, but rather I instill it in my enemies.

I am the destroyer of worlds.

I know the power of the dark side.

I am the fire of hate.

All the universe bow before me.

I pledge myself to the darkness,

For I have found true life in the death of light.

There is no emotion; there is peace.

â?¢ There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

â?¢ There is no passion; there is serenity.

â?¢ There is no death; there is the Force.

-Yoda

To use the Force, the Jedi must remain at harmony with it. To act in dissonance depletes one's power.

The Force is created and sustained by life. The Jedi acts to preserve life. To kill is wrong.

Yet it is often necessary to kill. The Jedi may kill in self defense or the defense of others. You may kill if, by doing so, life is preserved.

But you must know, always, that killing is wrong. When you kill, you commit a crime against the Force. Though you may know that you do so for the greater good, and the greater good justifies your act, you must also know that the death remains as a stain upon your spirit.

The Jedi does not act for personal gain, of wealth or of power. You must act to gain knowledge; to sustain freedom, life, and learning; to defeat those who would impose tyranny, death and ignorance.

Sometimes, wealth or power is needed to achieve the Jedi's goals. Money is required for the purchase of goods; power is required to obtain the help of others. To achieve one's goals, a Jedi may obtain wealth or power, but is not interested in it for its own sake, and will surrender it once those goals are achieved.

A Jedi never acts from hatred, anger, fear or aggression. A Jedi must act when calm, at peace with the Force. To act from anger is to court the Dark Side, to risk everything for which the Jedi stand.

17. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    Great start again Starlight. I'm glad I finally found the new thread. :)

Can't wait to read the next post.

18. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    Thanks everyone! :)

Here's the next post I might have another one up later today too! I'll keep you posted. :) Enjoy!

-------------

Chapter 3

---------------

The next morning, Obi-Wan awoke earlier than usual. He was actually happy to be going to the Offworld offices today. Of course, he knew that he would be seeing Alayana, and that was what made him so chipper; but, it still seemed that it was going to be a good day.

The strangely long hair had disappeared from his mind as he walked down the road. The streets were buzzing with life, and people bustled to work. A steady stream of beings seemed to be heading in the same direction he was. He kept all of his senses on alert, just in case someone tried something. He had a strange feeling of foreboding in the back of his mind, but in his hurry to see Alayana, it was forgotten.

When he reached the offices, the secretary informed him that, though Alayana wasn?t there, she could contact her for him. He agreed, and sat down to wait in the waiting area. The secretary left for a moment, then returned holding a com-link similar to his own.

?Here she is.? The secretary handed him the link, then walked off before he could thank her.

A voice came through, ?Obi-Wan? Are you there??

?Yes it?s me.?

?I didn?t expect to hear from you so soon. What?s going on??

?I need your help.?

?With what??

?I need you to help me find that address you gave me.?

There was a pause on the other end, ?All right. I?ll meet you at the Offworld offices in five minutes. Okay??

?Okay. See you then.? Obi-Wan ended the transmission, and gave the com back to the secretary.

-------------

Five minutes later, Alayana arrived. She was wearing a bright pink shirt, and a white skirt. She seemed as ready to go as Obi-Wan. She waved when she saw him waiting for her.

?Obi-Wan!? Alayana ran over to him.

?Alayana, thanks for coming.?

?No problem Obi-Wan. So, what do you need me to do??

Obi-Wan pulled out a small map of Telor. ?Can you tell me how to get to the address from here? Qui-Gon and I couldn?t find this place on the map.?

Alayana laughed, ?That?s because you have an old map. This place is fairly new. Plus, I can do you one better. I?ll not only tell you, I?ll show you.?

?Really??

?Yeah, we can go right now.? Alayana turned to leave.

?Wait, Master Qui-Gon isn?t here. We can?t go without him.?

Alayana frowned slightly, ?I have a meeting in twenty minutes. I don?t have much time.? She thought for a moment. ?Wait, do you have one of those small, portable trackers??

Obi-Wan nodded, ?Yes. Why??

?Well, you could give me the tracker, and then I?ll go to the address. I?ll leave the tracker there, and you can just follow the signal to it.?

Obi-Wan smiled, ?That?s a great idea.? He handed Alayana a tracker from his utility belt. ?Here.?

Alayana clipped the small round device onto her shirt. ?Well, I?m off. You?d better contact your Master to tell him what we?re doing right away.?

?I will.? With that Alayana walked out the doors and headed down the street. Obi-Wan pulled out the tracker?s signaling map and his com-link. He made the transmission to Qui-Gon quickly, then waited for his master to arrive.

--------------
    So what'd ya think? :)

More later! ;) :D

19. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    GREAT post!!!!!!!! :D :) :D

Oh dear, Obi has ignored a "strange feeling of foreboding in the back of his mind".... that means trouble for sure! :eek: :p

And possibly more soon? :D YAY!!!!!! :D ;)

*waiting patiently* :D

20. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
  21. _Cerasi_

Aug 23, 2001
    Very good two posts! I think... no, I'll keep my speculation to myself. This is really good. I can't wait for the next post. :)

22. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    Hi guys! I'm back with more! :) :D

Thanks everyone!

By the way, you guys mentioned twists earlier I noticed. ;) Well, hang on to your hats ladies and gentlemen, 'cause this story is going to be a variable rollercoaster of twists and turns. [face_devil] :D

Enjoy! ;)

---------------

The tracker was easy enough to follow. It led them down backstreets and alleys, but for the most part they could find their way easily. They seemed to be heading south into the richer area of the city. The buildings were newer and shinier, and the people were fewer and farther between. Those they did see gave them questioning looks or turned up their nose at them.

?Oh, yeah, I can see Xanatos living here,? mumbled Obi-Wan. ?Everyone seems just friendly enough for him.?

?What was that padawan?? Qui-Gon turned to look at him.

?Oh nothing,? Obi-Wan looked back down at the signal. ?We should turn here.?

They walked a few feet more and turned a corner. What appeared to be a warehouse stood before them. ?Doesn?t look like an apartment building to me,? Obi-Wan said as he and his master walked up.

?Do not judge on appearances, Obi-Wan. Looks can be deceiving.? Qui-Gon strode forward in his eagerness. \\I hope she?s here.\\

The tracker had stopped moving about five minutes ago, so Obi-Wan assumed that Alayana was already gone to her meeting. \\It seems strange that we never saw on the street though.\\ Obi-Wan pushed the thought aside. \\No, she probably knows some short-cut back. I?m sure she?s fine.\\ Still, the feeling of foreboding wouldn?t go away.

As they entered the building, they noticed it seemed to only be made up of floors, not separate rooms. The first level was quite dull, with the only color being gray. There were stairs leading upward to the next floor.

?That explains why we only had a level number to go on.? Obi-Wan looked around. It appeared to be some sort of abandoned office building? recently abandoned.

?Master, where do we go from here??

?Up, to the thirteenth level.? Qui-Gon moved to the stairs.

?I have a bad feeling about this,? Obi-Wan said as he followed after. ?A very bad feeling.?

------------

The stairs seemed to go on forever as they climbed upward. Each level they came to was different. Some held cubicles and unused computers. Others held couches and vending machines; these rooms seemed to be lounges for the workers. All were still simply one large room though; no walls existed in the place. Only one thing changed as they got higher though: the rooms gained more color.

They had slowly grown more bright and cheerful as the Jedi moved further upward. The twelfth level even held some bright whites and yellows. But, when the Jedi reached the thirteenth, they encountered something they had yet to encounter? a wall.

The stairs never really stopped at the thirteenth level. There was simply a door there with a number 13 on it in small gold numbers. It appeared as though people weren?t expected to stop there or go in; they simply needed to walk past it.

The door was cracked ever so slightly and, sensing no one around, the Jedi walked in.

They stepped into a beautiful light blue apartment. One entire wall held nothing but a window, and the sunshine that streamed through would have given the room a heavenly, happy feeling. There was only one thing wrong.

Every piece of furniture in the room was overturned. Blaster marks showed heavy on the walls; and, that great large window had been shattered into tiny pieces that lay scattered on the floor. It appeared as though some great struggle had gone on.

?By the force,? Obi-Wan followed Qui-Gon into the room in shock. This was far from what they had expected.

The two walked around the room in silence, taking in each horrible detail. Qui-Gon walked into some of the back rooms while Obi-Wan stayed in the front. When he went back he found three rooms. It was obvious to the large master that a child had lived in one of the room

23. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    :eek: YIKES!!!!!! :eek:

AHHHH... mega-twist!!!! ;) :p

Go find her, Obi-Wan (and Qui, too... ;) )!!! She's... in trouble! ;) :eek:

Great post, Starlight! I really want to see what happens next... and to see if my "theory" is correct... ;) :)

:D

24. _Cerasi_

Aug 23, 2001
    :eek: Wow! Great turn. I can't wait to see where this goes.

Post soon. :)

25. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.