main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Destiny Deferred- JA w/ original char. The Last Message- 6\16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by starlight_kenobi, Nov 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    OOOOOoooooo, we're getting a betrayal plot down. Sounds interesting, and it was kind of neat to see for a moment, Starlight getting back into her darkside stage. Had to be there somewhere. ;) You can't change over night. :D

2. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  3. starlight_kenobi

starlight_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    Hi guys! :D Wow! Took me long enough didn't it! ;) :)

Sorry about the delay guys, I'm gonna try to get myself beck into maybe a post a week. Bear with me please. :)

Well, just in time for Valentine's Day the romance comes back a little. [face_love] :) Hope you don't mind!

Well, Enjoy!

----------------

Later that night, Starlight sat in her room with Tequi. The two sat in front of a large mirror vanity. Behind them was Starlight?s large, black bed with fluffy pillows. Beside that was a long couch, on which sat Starlight?s cloak and saber. A large wardrobe that stood beside the couch held all of Starlight clothes. There was a door to the refresher and another to Tequi?s room, and then one for entry. The wall beside the vanity was a large window leading out to the balcony. Large, thick, black curtains hung over it now, blocking out the city lights.

Tequi sat behind Starlight on a high cushion. She had short, brown hair, a pale complexion, and bright, green eyes. Though Starlight was very serious about her work and was often very withdrawn and secretive, she trusted all of her secrets to Tequi. The younger girl was almost like a handmaiden and sister to Starlight. That?s why she had trusted her to give Kenobi his meals. Now the girl was brushing out Starlight?s long blonde hair as she always did at night.

?Mistress, why did you stop having me take the Jedi their meals?? Tequi asked as she pulled the brush through the hair once more.

Starlight looked at the girl from the reflection of the mirror they sat before. ?I told you, Tequi. I didn?t want anything to happen to you.?

Tequi nodded, ?I know. But, I also know that you said before that the jedi wouldn?t hurt me.?

Starlight smiled slightly. ?You can call him Obi-Wan, Tequi.? The younger girl smiled. ?And yes, I do know that he wouldn?t hurt you, I just don?t want to take any chances.?

Tequi's smile widened, ?You like him don?t you, mistress??

?Starlight, not mistress, Starlight,? Starlight looked at the girl sternly.

Tequi raised an eyebrow at the older girl. ?Fine, Starlight. But, you avoided my question. Do you or do you not like him??

It was Starlight?s turn to raise an eyebrow. ?Such insubordination,? she declared in mock surprise. Then, she smiled, ?I can?t say that I hate him.?

?But do you like him?? The girl pressed.

Starlight turned to look at her friend. ?You?re being pushier than usual. Why do you want to know so badly??

Tequi lowered her eyes quickly, and colored slightly, ?No reason.?

Starlight grinned, ?You?re lying, you and I both know it. Now, why do you want to know??

Tequi looked up at the older girl guiltily. ?He told me to ask.?

?He who?? Starlight?s grin wavered slightly. ?Al?yana??

Tequi shook her head, ?No, Obi-Wan.?

Starlight?s grin spread into a full-fledged smile. ?Oh, did he now??

Tequi nodded enthusiastically and began to smile widely; her eyes began to shine and her short hair flew everywhere. She fell back melodramatically on Starlight?s bed. ?I think he likes you.?

Starlight smiled at the girl?s starry-eyed look. ?I think you?re dreaming.?

Tequi bolted upright, ?I am not!?

The older girl laughed at the angry look on the others face. ?Alright, alright, don?t get so defensive.?

The twinkle came back into Tequi?s eyes. ?You should ask him.?

Starlight laughed again, ?Ask him? Now??

Tequi nodded, and then she went to the wardrobe and started throwing out tunics. Starlight heard an angry mumbling coming from inside, and went over to investigate.

?Did you say something, Tequi??

The small girl immerged; her hair ruffled and a triumphant look on her face. ?I was just commenting on how you have no dress clothes. Then, I found this.? She held a slightly wrinkled blue dress. ?Go try this on.?

Starlight shook her head. ?There?s no way I?m getting all dressed up and going down to ask Obi-Wan if he likes me. You?re insane.?

Te

4. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
  5. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    FANTASTIC!!!!! :D :) :D

?He told me to ask.? [face_love] :D Uh oh, Obi's falling for someone who's supposed to be evil... :p ;) [face_love]

:D This is great, I'm really looking forward to more!!!! :cool: :D

6. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Good couple of posts. :)

7. _Cerasi_

_Cerasi_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Oh, that was cute. :)

Glad to have the story back for awhile. :D

8. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Hi! Great post. :) I think the post a week idea is a great one. ;)

9. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    Happy Valentine's Day people! :D [face_love]

I nearly missed putting up this post. I'm getting sick. :( But, I remembered just in time to write this post. ;) I hope you have your rock climbing gear, guys. Get ready for a cliff-hanger.

Enjoy!

---------------

Starlight pulled the struggling Tequi down the hall after her. The girl had been fighting the trip the entire time? even though she had suggested it. When the two reached Obi-Wan?s cell Tequi tried to make a run for it.

?Uh uh uh, you?re not going anywhere.? Starlight gripped the girl?s wrist tighter and twirled her around. ?You?re going to stand right here while I go in.?

Tequi?s ears perked up. ?I don?t have to go in??

Starlight smiled, ?No, you don?t. I?m going in by myself; you?re just here for moral support.?

Tequi smiled in relief. ?Good, I?d hate to have him see me like this.?

Starlight raised an eyebrow, ?You like him don?t you??

Tequi blushed crimson, ?No.?

Starlight nodded knowingly, ?Mmhhmm. I?m going in.? She turned and opened up the cell door.

The lights were dim as usual yet there was less of an overbearing feeling to the room. Obi-Wan was meditating in a corner. \\Looks like he?s putting his connection to the Force to good use.\\ Starlight moved into the room quietly and sat down on the floor.

?Hello, Starlight.? Obi-Wan opened one eye and looked over at the girl.

?Obi-Wan,? Starlight nodded a greeting.

?I assume you came here for a reason.?

Starlight grinned, ?Have I ever not come here for a reason??

Obi-Wan grinned as well. ?No, I guess not. So, why are you here??

?Gee, Obi-Wan make a girl feel welcome,? Starlight teased. ?Actually, I?m here to talk to you about Tequi.?

?Tequi? What about Tequi?? Obi-Wan shifted slightly.

?We were talking tonight, and she mentioned that you had been asking her questions.? Starlight watched Obi-Wan closely; he was looking at his boots as if they were the most entertaining thing he?d ever seen.

?Maybe I asked her some things, but that?s only because I had no one else to talk to.?

?So, what?d you ask her?? Starlight tried to keep a straight face, but it was becoming increasingly harder. She hadn?t expected such a strange reaction from the young man.

Suddenly, a voice entered her head. [What are you doing to my apprentice?]

Starlight smiled to herself. [I was wondering when you?d figure out the collar, Qui-Gon. If you must know, I was only talking to him. Why?]

[I?m getting extreme waves of uneasiness from him.]

Starlight stifled a laugh. [So am I.] She felt Qui-Gon chuckle.

[He likes you.]

[I know. I just want to hear him say it.]

[Fine then, I?ll leave you to talk.]

[Thanks, father.] Starlight turned her attention back to Obi-Wan who was staring at her.

?Qui-Gon?? he asked.

?Yes, he wanted to know why you were so uneasy.?

Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow. ?And what exactly did you tell him??

Starlight shrugged, ?I told him you were nervous because you liked me.?

Obi-Wan?s eyes widened slightly, ?You told him that??

Starlight smiled, ?We sort of put two and two together, and came to the same conclusion.? She could have sworn she saw Obi-Wan blush. She was used to having power over people, but this was different.

Obi-Wan looked at her curiously, ?What did Tequi tell you??

?She said you told her to ask if I liked you.?

Obi-Wan frowned slightly, ?I didn?t tell her to ask you that.?

Starlight?s face dropped, ?You didn?t??

Obi-Wan shook his head, ?No, I didn?t.?

Starlight frowned and her eyebrows creased, ?Then who did?? Suddenly, a sound erupted from the other side of the door. Obi-Wan and Starlight were both on their feet in a second. Both turned to face the door as it slid open.

Tequi stumbled in, Al?yana close at her heels, a blaster pointed at her head.

?Al?yana,? Starlight growled, ?I should have known it w

10. _Cerasi_

Aug 23, 2001
    Whoa!!! Cliff hanger! More! Post more as soon as you're feeling better!

Get well soon. Feeling ill on Valentines day isn't fun.

11. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
  12. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Oh no, that is the worst place to stop! :( ;) That's just mean! Save her Obi!!! :D

13. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    :eek: Climbing gear? But... but... mine broke! ;) :p

Wonderful post! :D I hope you're feeling better! :D

14. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  15. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    oooooh yow, but i think that guy forgot a jedi.
    write more soon.

16. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    Hi guys! :D

Well, guys I barely got this one out, too. :( I do feel better though, thanks. :) I had 3 tests to study for tonight. :mad: But, I remembered my promise. ;) :) So, I have a post. Don't hate me cause I suddenly love cliffhangers. :cool: :) ;) :D

Enjoy!

-------------

Al?yana took a step back, ?He won?t be able to get to me through the force field. You?ve turned into such a Jedi, Starlight. It?s despicable.?

?You are an idiot, Al?yana,? Starlight spat. ?You throw out being a jedi as if it were some sort of insult. You don?t even know what being a jedi is about.? A strange darkness was suddenly cast over her face. ?Besides,? she continued, ?if I were really a jedi I wouldn?t be able to do this.? She flung out an arm, and Al?yana found himself flying through the air towards a wall.

Many things happened in the space of one moment. Al?yana screamed as he realized what was happening, and fired a random shot just before he slammed into the wall and was knocked unconscious. Starlight slumped to the floor as the blast hit her. Then, Tequi screamed and covered her eyes; meanwhile, Obi-Wan rushed over to Starlight?s side.

The blast wound had burned a hole through her outer tunic, and her blistered skin showed from beneath. Her eyes were closed, and her breathing was shallow, but she was still alive. Obi-Wan took the girl gently in his arms and tried to revive her through the Force. He felt her life force flicker, but she did not regain consciousness.

?Tequi,? he said looking at the terrified girl, ?where are the healers??

Tequi stood for a moment, saying nothing then finally answered, ?Down the hall to the left.?

Obi-Wan stood up with Starlight still in his arms and started to walk out of the room. As soon as he reached the force field however, he was stopped.

?Tequi, turn off this collar.? He turned to the girl, who had yet to move.

She shook her head, ?I don?t know how.?

?Try,? was all he said.

The young girl immediately walked to his side and began to push various points on the collar. After a couple precious moments passed by, the collar finally slipped off Obi-Wan?s neck.

?Thanks? now get out of here,? he said quickly, and then he was out the door.

-------------

After following Tequi?s directions Obi-Wan finally reached a small healing unit. There were no healers in the room, so Obi-Wan took it upon himself to tend to Starlight?s wound. He placed a large amount of bacta on the wound. He could feel Starlight starting to regain her senses. Apparently, she had been hit by one of the same blasts she had shot him with when she originally kidnapped him. She would probably wake up soon, though she would be groggy.

Suddenly, a thought occurred to Obi-Wan. He was free. He reached out through the Force. It took him a moment to locate his master?s presence, but he did find him. Qui-Gon was down the hall to the left. Obi-Wan looked back at Starlight?s unconscious form, and decided that she would be all right on her own. He covered her with a white sheet as camouflage, and took off to find his master.

After following the Force, he came to a door similar to his own cell?s door. \\She wouldn?t be that obvious, would she?\\ The person behind the door was definitely Qui-Gon though so he decided to go in. The door was locked but, after some tampering, he managed to open it.

Qui-Gon sat on the floor, a look of deep concentration on his face. He looked up at Obi-Wan in surprise.

Obi-Wan leaned against the doorway and smiled at his master. ?It?s been a while master. Have you enjoyed your stay??

Qui-Gon stood and smiled back, ?Oh yes, it was lovely, the food wasn?t up to Temple standards though.?

?Oh, well, in that case I guess you won?t mind checking out early then.?

Qui-Gon grinned, ?Of course not.? His face grew serious after a moment though, ?How?d you get out??

Obi-Wan frowned, ?It?s a long story. I?ll tell you on the way to get Starlight.?

?Starli

17. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    What do I think? WHAT DO I THINK!?! I think you should post somemore. ;) No, that's not right, Starlight can't be dead. He didn't even bother to check vital signs. Besides, Obi was hit by the same beam. ;) Anyway, I liked very much, but cliffhangers are bad. There's no other words to describe it. You need to post more little missy. :)

18. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    :eek: Okay, I don't hate you, I promise ( ;) ), but... but... :eek:

It's the weekend now... ;) Maybe you can post more... Please? PRETTY please?!? :)

19. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    Post before the weekly mark??!?!?!? :eek: :eek:

I could never!!!! :eek:

Well... then again, I do have a 3-day weekend... :) Maybe, if my muse strikes I'll be nice and give you (my lovely, loyal readers) another post. :D

...Maybe. ;)

20. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Oh be nice, please be nice. ;)

21. _Cerasi_

Aug 23, 2001
    WHOA!! I'm gone for a few days and this is what I miss? Wow! Great post, Starlight. Post soon, please!!! Good. ;)

22. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    Hi guys! :) I'm back.

*ducks bottles and cans* I know I said I'd try to get a post up this weekend, but the timing just wasn't right. :( With tests to study for and school papers to write, I was swamped and burnt out. :_|

But, I did however find the time and mental energy to write this latest post. :D It's not short (in comparison to some of my other posts) and it's not a real cliffhanger, so you should be happy. :)

We're heading into the end here people! :D
    ?[face_plain] Wait...??? the end...??? :( now... :_|

;) Anyways, Enjoy!

------------

Chapter 7

---------------

Obi-Wan felt the Force trying to give him a warning as he turned the corner into the healer?s ward. His fears were realized when he saw Al?yana standing over Starlight?s still body. His hand was covering her mouth, and he could hear the man laughing slightly. In an instant, Obi-Wan felt his anger swell into an unspeakable rage. He lunged at Al?yana, knocking him to the floor. Before the young man knew what was happening, Obi-Wan?s fist had connected with his face and he was knocked unconscious for the second time that night.

Qui-Gon walked in behind Obi-Wan and glanced down at Al?yana. ?It?s good to see you can control your temper, Padawan,? he said sarcastically.

Obi-Wan stood up and looked at his master sheepishly. ?Sorry, Master.? He looked over at Starlight?s pale face. ?Is she alright??

Qui-Gon quickly checked the girl?s vital signs, ?She?ll be fine once she wakes up. He deprived her of oxygen, but thankfully we got here in time.? He turned on his apprentice, ?What made you think you could leave her here??

Obi-Wan shrugged at his head lowered further. ?I was in a hurry to get out of here I guess.?

The conversation stopped as Starlight stirred. Her eyes fluttered open and she fixed the two Jedi with her gaze. She blinked several times, and then she sat up. Without saying a word, she looked over the side of the bed down at Al?yana. She smiled at the sight of his unconscious face, and chuckled slightly.

When she looked back up, she spoke to Obi-Wan. ?Am I correct in assuming that that,? she pointed to Al?yana, ?is your handiwork??

Obi-Wan reddened, and then started to grin. ?Yes, it is. He was strangling you, so I hit him.? His grin quickly faded when he saw Qui-Gon frown deeply. ?I overreacted, it was wrong of me to hit him,? he added. \\That hard.\\

Starlight heard the last part through his thoughts and laughed quietly behind her hand. The laughing turned into coughing however, and she was forced to lie back onto the bed.

?It appears the lack of oxygen did more than I thought.? Qui-Gon looked down at the girl as he spoke. Worry was etched plainly on his features.

Starlight smiled slightly, ?Well, well, well, after everything I did you?re still worried about me? I would?ve thought you?d be happy to see me this way. Now you can leave without anyone stopping you.?

Qui-Gon watched the girl closely; she didn?t appear to be hiding anything. \\But, then again she is a very good actress.\\

[I?m not that good Qui-Gon.]

Qui-Gon looked at the girl in alarm. ?You can still read my thoughts??

Starlight nodded, ?You may not have the collar on anymore, but we still have a connection.? She looked over at Obi-Wan, ?That goes for you as well.?

Obi-Wan smiled slightly. ?I don?t think it?ll bother me as much now that I can put my shields up again.?

Starlight looked from the two Jedi down to Al?yana. ?We?ll have to do something about him.?

?I have an idea.? Qui-Gon walked around the healer?s unit, looking in the drawers and cabinets. Apparently, he found what he was looking for, for in a moment, he came back and knelt down next to Al?yana. He pulled out a small needle-like device and injected a clear fluid into Al?yana?s arm.

?He should be unconscious for about twelve hours.? He looked at Starlight. ?That should give you time to get him to the proper authorities, and for us to get off planet.?

23. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    :D Great post! :D

I want to know what she's going to show him! :) :D And I want her to leave with them, too... but maybe that's too much to ask. ;)

Thanks for the post! :D I'm ready for more when you are! :p :D

24. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Oh boy!!! So, does this mean she's going with them? If she is, it really didn't take long to convince her. She must have wanted to come. :D Of course then again, it probably doesn't mean that. *shrugs* More soon!!! :D

25. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    Don't tell me I'm down to 2 readers already. ;)

Nope Jade, she's not gonna be swayed that easily. :D ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.