main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    No, PVP should be about gun play and not spamming powers.

Crucible is starting to feel like a normal, decent PVP where it comes down to players ability to shoot and move. The lack of supers makes the whole game more competitive now. Interestingly, the meta is more balanced this time around too - it is not based around one gun type.

It will be interesting to see what happens when ToN gear hits on the weekend.

2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I've barely played any Crucible. My character was way too low in just about every aspect and without any weapons worth a damn. Better Devils just dropped for me the other day and it is supposedly the pvp HC of choice. But still, I'd rather be grinding in pve...which has been doing anything other than finishing the campaign. Spoiling myself certainly diminished my urgency to finish it, but, well, I want that cool Coldheart, so I figure I'll get around to it before the weekend's over.

3. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    On PS4 has anyone else gotten the black screen on after the after credits? Just finished on Titan and it did it to me again. I can hear the audio and I can go into character screen. Pretty annoying the 2nd time around. Haven't been to Bungie forums to see if anyone else is getting the same thing.

4. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Better Devils, along with The Old Fashioned (a stupidly low drop rate. Yet to get it), is one of the best hand cannons in the game.

Got my final character, Titan, up to 275 - haven't even finished the story yet lol I don't even need to the Nightfall or any endgame activity now. Weekly power gear gives me enough upgrade. Both my main (warlock) and Hunter should be 290 by the end of the week.

5. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I got a fairly high Old Fashioned...and promptly infused it my lower powered Sunshot. [face_blush] Eh, I'm not a HC pvp guy anyway.

Still barely under the 270 mark but I guess I could potentially get there tomorrow. I love raids, but Leviathan and its exotic leave me awfully cold. Buggy and with really bad drop rates. Seems like VOG all over again. Might as well. The coming storm will leave me powerless for...who knows how long, so at least I can say I enjoyed a bit of Destiny 2.

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The new raid RNG is more or less the old engram system.

From the boss chests, you stand a chance of getting dropping (like before) but it is limited; more than likely, you'll receive a token (which is taken to the raid vendor). Once you have enough tokens to hit a level (it is about 3, I believe), RNG pulls from the entire raid loot table for your reward. Yes, it is kinda guaranteed loot but duplicates are almost inevitable because the game is pulling for all possible items available.

Trials, on the other hand, literally throws loot at you.

7. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Do you have to be in a fireteam or at a certain power level to access Trials or its social space? I didn't see anything on the director all weekend long.

8. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    It's in the Crucible thing. Don't know if it drops at a certain power level though (I was at 275 when it appeared for me).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    You have to complete the 'Call to Arms' Shaxx quest to be given access to trials. A fire team of four is required. There is no matchmaking.

Update: 291 Warlock

10. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Ah. I did finish that quest, but I thought it'd at least show up if still solo.

11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

I believe 260 is the power requirement to enter.

12. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Excellent Jace just finally beat it and it didn't give the black screen glitch like on the other 2 toons. He had so much fun and I only had to help him maybe 2 times max for the whole campaign. Not bad for a 10 year old I think.

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I refuse to put my Hunter and Titan through the Call to Arms quest line again. Just too damn long and frustrating; my only complaint in PVP is Bungie has slowed it down WAY too much. Every game goes to time and, from what I've seen, there is no mercy rule anymore.

14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Datto is basically spot on. I hate it, but he is right.

15. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I prefer New Monarchy outfits on all 3 classes. I wound up going with each one again but I'm not to excited with either FWC or DO currently.

16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    FWC HC is OP. Their scout rifle is based off the WOTM perk tree.

I have to say, Faction Rally is the greatest thing Bungie has done with Destiny. So much fun and gives you a reason to explore the world.

17. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Ok I won't lie I'm in love with the DO hand cannon from looks to performance. I'm not good with pistols in the Destiny world but damn I'm doing good with this in PvE. I still have yet to do one PvP match.

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Dire Promise has triple tap - it is a one of the old God Tier perks from Destiny 1. Especially in PVE. I prefer it over The Old Fashion.

IMHO, True Prophecy is probably the best hand cannon in Destiny 2. Better Devils has fastest reload speed, but TP has the old Telesto perk from TTK. Very good for clearing smaller enemy types.

Haven't used it yet (it is sitting in my vault), but I've heard good things about the New Monarchy shotgun. It is more or less the Chaperone 2.0

19. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    NM shotgun is indeed nice.

FWC HC is omfg awesome. I only thought that DO one was(though it looks, sounds better, has a faster reload).. Not sure if I ll be quick enough to use either when I step in PvP. How I have yet to is a mystery yet I just can’t hit that launch tab.

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    My main is now 300.

Better Devils is the best option for PVP. Faster reload time - which is critical. Plus, the explosive rounds add extra damage.

21. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    How are Flashpoints activated? I don't see icons for them.

22. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Maybe I'm mistaken, but flashpoints are just the public events that you typically see, but they are on a certain planet.

Each week a different planet holds the flashpoints.

23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

In public events, a special enemy will spawn which must kill.

That's the flashpoint.

EDZ is the flashpoint this week. So, farm public events on Earth; the game will notify you when the flashpoint is spawning...

24. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Playing through the story for the third time, now, for my second alt, and urgh, I swear it irritates me more each run.

It's not dreadful in and of itself but Bungie clearly have no idea how to effectively write around an unvoiced protagonist. Games that pull it off successfully tend to make a point of having the character spoken to and at, rather than with. Even Destiny 1 understood how to do this outside of its cutscenes. (And Destiny 2 gets it right after the story ends: the way the various vendors speak to you is fine. No response is required)

Instead Bungie have made (or rather, continued from RoI) the idiotic decision to have Ghost become our response bot. It's dreadful. All it does is draw attention to the fact our Guardian is bizarrely silent. Especially when no other Ghosts ever speak.*

The Ghost should never EVER speak on our behalf, or hold conversations around us. Every time it happens I feel less attached to my increasing nothing of a character.

* Seriously why do they insist on this? They've got plenty of background voices in the Tower, why not throw some of that in the direction of the Vanguard Ghosts, at least? Hell, I'd happily get rid of Devrim, Sloane and Asher if it meant Cayde, Zavala and Ikora got Ghosts with personality to bounce off.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  25. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    They overcorrected in terms of narrative and character for the sequel. Everyone's so talkative and expository that some of the mythic feel of the first game is lost. Cayde's roguish nature is fun but they've put him so front-and-centre that I feel like it's all I hear, and it gets old... fast.

I know many players are frustrated with the apparent lack of endgame content, but at the same time... this is what D1 was at launch. Patience was rewarded with the last game, and it will be with this one. There's a good game here, and they're clearly working to provide more for the playerbase.

Darth_Invidious likes this.