main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah, that looks to literally be VoG, as well. The templar room, specifically. You'll notice that there are actually a few "frozen" Guardians around while Osiris is battling through, which has led to speculation that he might have been fighting his own timestopped battle literally in-between one of the moments another fireteam (either Kabr's, or the player's) was doing their thing,

(Which is exactly the kind of "previously only in the grimoire level crazyawesome" I was hoping for D2's narrative to embrace. Again, better a little late than never. :p)

I'm really hoping Saint-14 appears (since he went missing in pursuit of Osiris) but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    It is the Vault of Glass and it better not be in D2.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Why not? VoG was one of if not the best piece of content D1 had to offer. I wouldn't mind revisiting it if just for the sake of a cutscene or mission.

4. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    CoO opening cinematic:

TX-20, Contessa and Darth_Invidious like this.
  5. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    So...not the VoG...but it does sure as **** look like it. I am dissapoint. But even more dissapoint that there's no new - and more interesting and rewarding - raid. I've yet to make a single run of Leviathan but it just doesn't appeal to me at all.

But if it's not the VoG, who are those "guardians" fighting the Vex there? Are we seeing a vision of the future Osiris (and maybe the Stranger too) was trying to avert?

6. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Getting Oded Fehr is a huge step up over he-who-had-to-be-Googled, so no complaint here. Fehr's great in everything. And yay Morena Baccarin!

Well that was awesome

7. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    For sure. I was mainly curious whether they'd bring the first bloke back because he (apparently?) had a much larger role in D1 before they gutted and reshuffled game's story.

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Osiris was meant to be huge figure in D1, before the story was cut.

The character of Asher Mir is what Osiris was meant to look like; the story goes, a scrapped Vex expansion was meant to happen in D1 and was discussed during the planning stages, but was completely cut when the story was rewritten.

Theory is, D2 and the first two expansions are the scrapped expansions from Destiny.

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    But tbh, I find more than a little strange and even atonal to launch a Vex related expansion and yet not even attempt an appropriately themed raid or piece of post game content. Leviathan is looks good and it's an enormous area to explore, but I found it underwhelming as a Destiny raid. Making it larger without making the damn thing a patrol area like the Dreadnaught is not exactly that appealing.

10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    So, we have a new forge system but the rolls are static.

****ING WHY?!

TX-20 and Darth_Invidious like this.
  11. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Because...Bungo being bungoles... :/

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I reckon we will hear stories about Bungie in a few years; the live team looked absolutely miserable on the live stream, even Deej seemed really negative. I'm starting to think the Destiny conspiracy is true lol

13. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Perhaps they'll have to deal their way out of Activision like they did with Microsoft. At least Destiny 3, Destiny 3: ODST, and Destiny Reach will be awesome!

14. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    All things considered, I believe Destiny would've worked better as WoW: core game expended and refined throughout it's first three years and then continued with further expansions throughout it's supposed ten year cycle. That way we wouldn't have any of this stupid token, new loudout, no grimoire and D1 exotics reskin nonsense were dealing with now. And PC players would've experienced the entire experience without missing out on stuff they never played through. D2 as it stands seems like a very ill conceived expansion.

TX-20 and DANNASUK like this.
  15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    761.....heroic public events I have completed.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Totally agree Darth_Invidious. I am actually lost for words on what led Bungie to alienate the core community. At this rate, I'd be very surprised to see a Destiny 3. Heck, on current form, Activision might get cold feet about a summer expansion. I have a clan of 40 people. Only two still log in. And I am one of them.

There seems to be a steady flow of new players, but all the experience Guardians have gone. PVP is dead, strikes and PE are filled with Guardians unaware of what to do. I'm only sticking around because I've brought the season pass *weeps*, but I am potentially done after the second DLC - unless there are major changes.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I've only had time to work on my main and I figure I'll get her to 300+ before CoO launches. I'm not that inclined to repeat the grind on alts, tho. But it says something about this game that you can pretty much max power any character just by grinding PE's in lieu of running the raid or Trials. Very disappointing. No random weapon rolls and no reason to run the prestige endgame content - other to get different shaded armor for the raid and not much else - eliminates almost all motivation to keep grinding.

But, yeah, I bought the season pass as well so I'm stuck with it. But when I get tired of Destiny, I'll simply go back to Warframe to engage in a different kind of grind. Coz I'm a masochist idiot like that.

TX-20 likes this.
  17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    So, Bungie have been forced to admit there was a secret XP cool down - which limited the amount of free bright engrams you could receive. Reddit concluded, after several investigations from posters, the cool down was designed to encourage microtransactions.

The cool down to applied to 'short, repeatable activities' like PE, lost sectors i.e activities the casual players would most likely use. The raid, PVP, strikes and Nightfall had no cool down buff.

What the **** has happened to this company?

Jedi Ben and TX-20 like this.
  18. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    They are now run by graduates of the EA School of Shady Business Practices.

But yeah, it's a miracle they can still walk considering how many times they've shot themselves the ******* foot with their decisions regarding this game.

Jedi Ben and TX-20 like this.
  19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Luke Smith's tweet about more news for the December update is nothing new. We've known for months these changes are coming.

20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Many a youtuber has had a field day with this XP throttling thing during the weekend. I think it would be a fine thing if Bungie actually went and publicly apologized for this thing. It would probably be a good thing to do so at least they'd gain a shred (teeny, tiny at least) of credibility back. But as it stands, I doubt it'll ever happen.

I mean, from a business standpoint, I can even understand the logic behind Eververse as long as only cosmetics are sold. And I emphasize the "sold" part because as the ever hilarious and usually correct Joker has said in his latest video, it would be far more preferable if Bungo actually did as other devs do and simply gave the option to players to purchase the cosmetic items they want without any RNG bs in the way. But I also doubt that'd happen either because that'd represent finite sales, and maybe that's not what Bungovision wants.

I'm as capitalist as these guys, but really, they need to find a more suitable middle ground to get their desired revenue streams without pissing off their customer base in the process.

TX-20 likes this.
  21. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Curious to see if it impacts Curse sales. That was some wicked timing that it hit.

22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I turned on Destiny 2 the other day and it was like launch over again; with the free trial, so many players seem to be unaware have public events or strikes work.

This tells me one or two things:

1) Hardcore community has left and the casuals remain.

2) There has been a huge increase in the player base.

23. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I wish I was more interested in these games. But every time I think about getting 1 or 2, I find something new to keep it from happening. XP Bottleneck now, but who knows what'll come up to keep me from getting it in a few months.

24. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Flashpoints took so long on my 3 toons! People stopping the heroic activation. So annoying...

25. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Tch. Casuals that absolutely have no clue. I feel your pain.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough. if only to see something a bit different now. Other than the exotic I want that NEVER drops, my one toon is at near max light, with nothing else so strive for.