main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I guess some Guardians...make their own luck (or fate).

I miss D1. =((

In other news, Bungie is locking "trolls" out of their own forums. Basically, you need to have an active account and have played the game in order to post in Bungie.net and "give feedback". I guess they don't want another #RemoveEververse forum spam fest but...curtailing freedom of expression? It doesn't help when Deej tweets out a "service guarantees citizenship" brainfart.

Jesus, Bungo just needs us to tear them a new one on a daily basis, don't they? It's beyond masochistic at this point.

2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    God rolls. I used to get very happy with full auto and firefly on scout rifles.

Anyone remember the days when firefly actually meant something? Dragonfly is a poor substitute. Some of my best moments where taking out 3 or 4 Guardians with one shot of my trusty sniper rifle. Pop the person in the middle and watch the fireworks.

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    So, Crimson Day cannot be brought and will only drop in game, from levelling up.

You know, well played Bungie.

4. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Diminishing Eververse is a step in the right direction. But it's just one of many, many steps they need to take. And we've yet to see how many steps backwards they take along the way. Because they will. It's par for the course at this point.

5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I might check out Crimson Days next.

But I've currently fallen in love (again) with The Division.

6. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    MoreConsole had a good video up last night that I forgot to paste in my ambien haze.

Nice outline up to S3/DLC2.

Still though, many of these fixes shouldn’t even be fixes. Greedy idiots. They need to go.

I’m finally getting a bit of my wish in that powers are getting a speed bump. This bugged me so much when D2 hit that I just couldn’t give PvP the same attention I did in D1. I loved being able to pop 3 times in a match in D1. Huge power cut in 2. Not a fan.

7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    So, loaded up D2 for the first time in yonks and remain disappointed.

Gameplay is much, much faster and the guns feel more powerful. Alas, Crimson Days loot is pretty limited and I can see why Bungie gave it away for free.

8. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I did 1 set and I alone basically smoked the enemy team in all but 1 round.

Unimpressed. Also a bit confused as I didn’t receive any CD tokens at any point.

9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't think there is any tokens.

Just engrams.

10. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Engrams for shaders, sparrows and ghosts and I bet most of the good stuff is still locked away behind Tess' greedy backside, despite whatever Bungie might've said otherwise. Because they just know people will spend money on her regardless. I solo queued three matches, won only one (and that only because my partner seemed to know what she was doing and had the Trials gear to prove it), then logged off and went back to Warframe.

The game simply will not be interesting enough to play until serious sandbox changes are implemented and Tess and her kiosk die in a fire.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Nah, all the stuff is in the engrams drop and nothing is behind a pay wall (for once); it is just nothing worth getting. The shaders are bland, ghost and sparrows are just reskins.

Yeah, I ditched it and went back to The Division.

Won't be back until May, when the new DLC drops and that is probably it.

12. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah. I think it was a folly to expect any major update at this point. At best, they're just showing with this event's loot pool that they're "listening to our feedback" in regards to Eververse.

For now...

13. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Only thing I’m looking forward to at present is 6v6 and Go Fast update next month. Atleast I think it’s next month.

14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The major changes are coming with "comet", which is meant to be the Autumn TTK expansion. If its not free, I won't be touching it.

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    No, in all likelihood it won't be free. You can be assured that Activision won't have any of that, even if Bungie should use that opportunity to extend an olive branch of sorts after this dumpster fire of a launch.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  16. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I’m on the verge of getting Sagira’s ghost shell. It’s been enough to keep me hooked into a grind. Not sure what I’ll do after that, though.

17. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Hey Darth did you ever get back into Monster? That game has been flat out amazing and keeping me away from hate playing D2 for over a week now. Only thing that has a chance of bringing me away from Monster atm is 6v6 IB next month I think.

18. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    No. I just haven't felt the motivation. It's there, people love it and all. I wish I did but tbh, Warframe has been my Destiny replacement for the better part of last year and I enjoy that particular grind, repetitive as it may be. I don't have that much time to play on a daily basis and spending an hour or more on a trial and error battle against a freaking kaiju doesn't particularly appeal to me.

19. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I can understand that. The time limit stuff is super annoying to me. Thankfully you can do SOS to help speed it along but I wish it was timed in only special non story advancing quest.

On topic I always forget that D2 has 2 social spaces and I didn’t go to Farm. I went to see the decorations. Meh. D1 VDay actually looked good. Both of these are just lazy attempts. Dawning didn’t look to bad.

20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    It was ok, I guess. Tried my hand at the raid and more matches yesterday and I'm happy I got the Wardcliff ornament and the exotic sparrow. It's not much but it IS a good step in the right direction for Tess to be thoroughly diminished that way. Sadly, the pvp has degenerated into grenade/ability spam, which is both hilarious and frustrating at the same time. Perhaps that particular ability cooldown could've been increased just a tad.

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    In D1, when I had nothing to do, I would grind up my grimoire score.

There are zero collectables in D2.

22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I hear you. We need something like this implemented ASAP:

DANNASUK likes this.
  23. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Loaded up late last night to attempt some faction rally. Put my Titan on NM and never got off the NM screen once I saw the reskined Hakke pulse rifle. Plus I was really pissed the FP is on Mercury. Turned it off. Didn’t even feel like pledging my other 2 toons.

Was playing Monster Hunter mere moments later.

24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, I think Crimson Days was the last time I'll see myself playing Destiny more than a few hours a week. I'll sit tight and wait for the updates and new DLC.

And yeah, maybe I'll dabble in MH if only to see if I find myself eventually liking the game. But it'll be kinda tough, seeing that the Xbox version is all kinds of buggy. :(

25. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I’m only exp some kind of fast forward moments. Other then that I haven’t noticed anything. Biggest negative for me is that I have been playing Destiny and PS4 so much that my hands are super used to those thumb positions and this XBONE setup is causing my left thumb/hand pain after about 25 minutes. The thumbs are on different lvls.