main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Dang why can’t I edit in games?

Melee complete. 1 win left and after several games keep loosing at the last minute by 2 to 7pts. Blah

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I went as far as tweeting that to some of the Bungie folks I follow there. D1 is still very much alive so, I dunno, I don't think it'd be a bad idea. I can see why they won't do it though: they want all focus from their audience on their current game. It was a stupid decision ever since their Halo days and it still is now.

4. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    According to Gothalian (who might have broken a NDA), Deej told him Bungie have re-located all their staff into fixing D2.

5. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    I'd like to delete and make a character to play D1 through again with, but I also don't want to delete a character. Posterity sort of thing I guess. "They are...precious to me..."

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  6. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Finally.

Man that was some BS!!

Finally managed to knock my rust off late last night. KD emblem rising back up.

7. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    So the results of the community summit seem to be positive in regards to changes in the game we'll be seeing...in September. None of the attendees can give many specifics or details on what was discussed and revealed by Bungie since they're tied up with NDAs to the tune of, according to Datto, 5 million USD$. Ouch. So - besides whatever future updates that were revealed - any admission of fault or mea culpa Bungie 'fessed up to to that crowd must be pretty damn volatile.

Anyhoo, here's hoping that words aren't indeed cheap and that thing and future conversations will bear tasty fruit in the foreseeable future.

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Looking at the Warmind teaser trailer, we might be getting a true horde mode.

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Huh, it's out already?

More reskinned bad guys?

Yeah, it seems there's a new mode...but again, the youtubers can't talk about it. But some have stated that the new mode is rather fun.

10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Frozen hive is the enemy type lol I'm not kidding.

11. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I saw them. FFS.

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Maybe they'll be a few surprises, but I doubt it. Not getting my hopes up for anything worthwhile.

13. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Seriously the Hive again? Can they not make up a new damn race at all?

14. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    I think judgement should be reserved until the full reveal tomorrow.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Given Bungie's track record, we have ever right to be sceptical and critical of everything in the teaser.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    [​IMG]

As an interesting side note, the position for that job posting Bungie put up awhile ago for a youtuber or community member to be locked-up in their offices for three months doing testing and feedback has been filled by Patrick Casey (aka Holtzmann). Here's hoping that the dude does provide valuable feedback (his weapon and gear reviews have been pretty top notch) and that, above all else, the devs listen and implement it.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Holtzmann is probably more knowledgeable than anyone else in the community, more than Datto. Whether or not he'll be listened to remains to be seen. Btw, did you watch Datto's review video on the summit? He spoke cryptically about "Turkey's in the tower" and everyone hating it immediately. It seems Bungie ran a potential expansion of Eververse during the summit and everyone opposed it outright. Datto's coded "placing Turkey's in the tower" and the attendees asking for "placing cats and dogs instead" sounded very much like Tess getting a bigger role.

Also, Unknown Player confirmed Warminds horde mode wasn't the 'secret mode' community members played. Apparently, what they played, was like nothing else currently in gaming and was very enjoyable. Who knows what it is, but I think it is a combination of PVP/PVE. Someone on Reddit, who claimed to attended the summit and then deleted their posts, said the secret mode was a 'perfected' Division style Dark Zone. I remain sceptical until I see screenshots from Bungie themselves.

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Goth pointed out DLC 2 doesn't change much, kicks the can down the road and (if you don't have the season pass) you should watch streams to see if you like it before buying.

19. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I ll bitch much less about Ice Hive if it’s a lead in to my much wanted Ice element 4th subclass.

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The exotic masterworks sound fun; grind to get them sounds very intense, but the horde mode is an end game activity (public event I believe).

[edit]

Gigz on the rank PVP rewards:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  21. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    There isn't an ice class. I don't think that there will ever be an ice, poison, earth or other kind of elemental class. All subclasses are based on some form of light related thingie and I doubt that will ever change.

Me, I welcome the grind. I've always been an average pvp'er ever since Halo and that will probably never change ( though I have my moments). But it'll be fun tho to try to grind those levels and that gun.

22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I always wanted a Taken or 'darkness' subclass. Would've played so well with all the stories in the lore, but alas....Bungie never wanted to add a complex, morale choice to your Guardian. The lore, from Curse of Osiris, has this weird 'prophecy' from Saint 14 in which our Guardian is essentially Jesus.

23. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    TBH, I do hope that prophecy comes to pass. We are supposed to meet Saint-14 in THE PAST and hand him the Perfect Paradox shotgun that we obtained from his corpse. I just hope we don't have to wait till D3 for that to happen.

24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    It will be D3 (if it is ever made)

25. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Part of me kinda hopes it doesn't and any new semi-annual content is just added to the core game. Like it should've been done since the beginning with D1.